Journey back from Winnipeg, Megadeth/Slayer/Les Claypool Concert!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Well I'm pretty drained from my vacation, I had went with my father to see my favorite band of all time Megadeth play live at the MTS center in Winnipeg.
The trip was pretty good, and as many as you have known, I hate flying, this is my top fear and never thought I would get on a plane....but I did and I think I'm semi over my fear and will help me traval in the future : )
So for the concert, well it was great, the opening band was Suicide Silence which blew ass, but it's all good since I went up and ate arby's until they were done playing.
Then Machine Head came out which were a lot better, to bad the lights went out halfway through there set but they still continued on and finished there set.
The next show was the big one, the band I have dreamed of seeing since I was a kid, something I maybe thought I would never see in person a band I think are godly and should be immortal, Megadeth!
They came out, guns a blazing with there song Sleepwalker, it was great, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, Dave Mustaine is right there! right in fucking front of me! I pushed my way closer and closed until I was in a good enough spot to see my heroes play without me having to move, and I stayed there until they were done playing, I headbanged until my neck was killing and I loved it, even though I was saddened that they had to get off stage I had gotten to hear one of there new songs called Head Crusher and Slayer were going up next.
I went up and sat down for Slayer as I was fucking tired and my neck was killing, but they also kicked ass and were loud as hell, so over all an awesome experience and one I will never forget.

The next day I also got to see Les Claypool and I was aloud to take a camera in with me so I got a picture up real close which was cool, that concert was also great and pretty much summed up my trip and I hope some day to see Megadeth live again, and hopefully Buckethead : D

Les Claypool concert
Les Claypool concert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'm pretty drained from my vacation, I had went with my father to see my favorite band of all time Megadeth play live at the MTS center in Winnipeg.
The trip was pretty good, and as many as you have known, I hate flying, this is my top fear and never thought I would get on a plane....but I did and I think I'm semi over my fear and will help me traval in the future : )
So for the concert, well it was great, the opening band was Suicide Silence which blew ass, but it's all good since I went up and ate arby's until they were done playing.
Then Machine Head came out which were a lot better, to bad the lights went out halfway through there set but they still continued on and finished there set.
The next show was the big one, the band I have dreamed of seeing since I was a kid, something I maybe thought I would never see in person a band I think are godly and should be immortal, Megadeth!
They came out, guns a blazing with there song Sleepwalker, it was great, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, Dave Mustaine is right there! right in fucking front of me! I pushed my way closer and closed until I was in a good enough spot to see my heroes play without me having to move, and I stayed there until they were done playing, I headbanged until my neck was killing and I loved it, even though I was saddened that they had to get off stage I had gotten to hear one of there new songs called Head Crusher and Slayer were going up next.
I went up and sat down for Slayer as I was fucking tired and my neck was killing, but they also kicked ass and were loud as hell, so over all an awesome experience and one I will never forget.

The next day I also got to see Les Claypool and I was aloud to take a camera in with me so I got a picture up real close which was cool, that concert was also great and pretty much summed up my trip and I hope some day to see Megadeth live again, and hopefully Buckethead : D

Les Claypool concert
Les Claypool concert

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Les Claypool is such a man.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

That's great about the flying thing. I knew you could do it. It sounded like fun, but I bet your neck felt like you had whiplash or maybe you did.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Coltonio7

Wooh! Friends say that concert was rad!

Also, drunk natives.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Absurd
@Coltonio7 said:
" Wooh! Friends say that concert was rad! Also, drunk natives. "
It isn't Canada without the drunk natives, and canadians.
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Out_On_Bail

you made it back alive!  I lost that bet haha. Glad you made it through the whole flight thing, maybe next time (if you do again) it won't be so bad. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Arkthemaniac said:

"Les Claypool is such a man. "

Damn right.

@Absurd said:

"@Coltonio7 said:
" Wooh! Friends say that concert was rad! Also, drunk natives. "
It isn't Canada without the drunk natives, and canadians."

It isn't Manitoba without drunk natives, lol.
@Claude said:

"That's great about the flying thing. I knew you could do it. It sounded like fun, but I bet your neck felt like you had whiplash or maybe you did."

Thanks man, the plane ride made me sick but it was well worth it, I loved the concert and my neck was destroyed for the next week haha : (

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

Question:  how did Chris Broderick feel with Megadeth?  Ever since Marty has been gone, the band has been okay...but it just isn't the same as it was with Marty.  However, Chris Broderick is a fucking badass.  Also curious about that new song.  Any good?

Also, Les Claypool is fucking awesome.  Glad to hear you ended up having a killer time, man.

Also also...JEALOUS that you got to see Machine Head.  One of these days, I'll get to see them.
Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By Zajtalan

pics of mustaine please

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:
"Question:  how did Chris Broderick feel with Megadeth?  Ever since Marty has been gone, the band has been okay...but it just isn't the same as it was with Marty.  However, Chris Broderick is a fucking badass.  Also curious about that new song.  Any good?

Also, Les Claypool is fucking awesome.  Glad to hear you ended up having a killer time, man.

Also also...JEALOUS that you got to see Machine Head.  One of these days, I'll get to see them.
"
Haha, well I know Marty was awesome and to some it feels a little, I guess empty or not as much feeling, but I'm learning to adjust as I guess I have to and I'll post the new song by Megadeth. I'm loving Chris and I feel he is very technical and has a ton of feeling in the way he plays and shoudl fill the shoes of Marty well.
Les Claypool was great : ) and Machine Head were also pretty cool, not really my type of metal but they put on a great show even with the lights out.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187

Dood, that new Megadeth is   F-U-C-K-I-N-G   A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!    Absolutely worth the wait.  AMAZING SOLO AT THE END!!!

Very happy to hear that.  Thanks.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I never got speed metal. I must be missing something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Arkthemaniac said:
"I never got speed metal. I must be missing something. "
Well I guess everyone has there own type of music they like, thats why there are so many genre's to choose from, so whatever floats your boat : )

@jakob187 said:
"Dood, that new Megadeth is   F-U-C-K-I-N-G   A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!    Absolutely worth the wait.  AMAZING SOLO AT THE END!!!

Very happy to hear that.  Thanks.
"
Haha, glad you enjoyed friend : )

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jakob187

Also, I never knew that THIS existed.  Looney Tunes + Dave Mustaine = AWESOME!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said: Also, I never knew that THIS existed.  Looney Tunes + Dave Mustaine = AWESOME!

Haha I loved that episode, of course because Dave is on it and they destroy space ships with laser guitars :P

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arkthemaniac
@jakob187 said:
" Also, I never knew that THIS existed.  Looney Tunes + Dave Mustaine = AWESOME!

"
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By mordukai

NICE. What a music threesome.

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Wildfire570

Congrats on getting over your fear of flight!

Sounds like you had a great time at the concert you lucky!!!
But who the hell is Suicide Silence? Sounds like a bad Hot Topic metal band.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wildfire570 said:
"

Congrats on getting over your fear of flight!

Sounds like you had a great time at the concert you lucky!!!
But who the hell is Suicide Silence? Sounds like a bad Hot Topic metal band.

"
Thanks a lot man, I was really proud of myself and so was my family : )
And I did have a great time it was friggin amazing! and for Suicide Silence, they basicly are what you said, a bad Hot Topic/emo trying to be metal band : P
regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By regularassmilk

Sounds awesome man!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points