• 196 results
ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By ape_dosmil

I very much doubt he'll be extradited to the US, the warrant is a European warrant and Sweden have asked for him to be extradited to Sweden. The rape allegations will not be forgotten now by the US, that is precisely what they want to get him on. If the US get publicly and directly involved by trying to charge Assange with anything related to Wikileaks and by having him extradited to the US they just increase support for Assange and heighten scrutiny on themselves. What they want to do is discredit him, whilst keeping themselves clean. I'm sure the US will be highly involved in trying to make sure Sweden convict him behind the scenes though.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Meowayne

I have been to London this weekend and I can attest that Julian Assange personally assaulted me sexually.

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Faint

assange is no criminal. the governments of america, england, etc trying to put him in jail are the real criminals.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By GunslingerPanda

WHAT IS WIKILEAKS!?
I keep hearing about it but have no idea what it is. Just googled it but it's down.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By MysteriousBob
@GunslingerPanda said:
" Just googled it but it's down. "
*facepalm*
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Doctorchimp
@ryanwho: I could remind you that wikileaks is an international website with many members from different countries (including the US) 

But you're retarded so what's the point?
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Detrian
@Meowayne said:
" I have been to London this weekend and I can attest that Julian Assange personally assaulted me sexually. "
I'd be pretty desperate too with all the world police going after me.

Burning aside, this is just hilarious since Sweden had already dropped the whole thing before.
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By GunslingerPanda
@MysteriousBob said:
" @GunslingerPanda said:
" Just googled it but it's down. "
*facepalm* "
What a helpful, informative response.
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#59  Edited By alistercat
@Doctorchimp:  Play nice. Nobody here is retarded, he just disagrees with you. Both of you are unwilling to budge. Don't bother, you're not going to suddenly change each others minds.
ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ape_dosmil
@GunslingerPanda said:

" WHAT IS WIKILEAKS!? I keep hearing about it but have no idea what it is. Just googled it but it's down. "

Wikileaks
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By CptBedlam
@ryanwho said:

" @WinterSnowblind said:

" @MooseyMcMan said:

" Good.  "

Because someone who's done nothing illegal has been arrested on phony charges? Care to elaborate? "
You know he didn't rape a girl? I guess since he's your hero now he's infallible. You know Assange doesn't fully deny the charges, right? I guess you don't know. The theme itt is people not knowing much about the subject matter. "
You know that one of the "victims" gave a party for Assange and some his friends after the "rape" and bragged on twitter about it? And you know that the other "victim" made him breakfast after the "rape"? You know that both "victims" withdrew the lawsuits after only a few days? And you know that the lawsuits only got reinstated because of the pressure from their lawyer?

You may think you know more than everybody else but you don't, fool.

Also, as long as he is not pronounced guilty, he is presumed to be innocent.

edit: He btw denied the rape charges SEVERAL times.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Doctorchimp
@AlisterCat: He disagrees with facts... 

Which I have a slight problem with.
Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@ryanwho said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
" Good.  "
Because someone who's done nothing illegal has been arrested on phony charges? Care to elaborate? "
You know he didn't rape a girl? I guess since he's your hero now he's infallible. You know Assange doesn't fully deny the charges, right? I guess you don't know. The theme itt is people not knowing much about the subject matter. "

to be fair though mate, looking at some of the back story....it kinda looks very suspect. He'll have his day in court and we'll get to see the evidence and we can judge accordingly. 

IMO, though, he should just release the password to the big torrent file and let the world burn
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By GunslingerPanda
@ape_dosmil said:
" @GunslingerPanda said:

" WHAT IS WIKILEAKS!? I keep hearing about it but have no idea what it is. Just googled it but it's down. "

Wikileaks "
Thanks.

So it's just a news site? And everyone's making a fuss over it?

I feel out of touch with reality right now.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryanwho said:
" @zudthespud said:

" It doesn't really matter if they put Assange away, Wikileaks won't die.   I love the irony of politicians in America speaking out against their own constitution. They can argue against the ethics of it all they want, Wikileaks has not broken the law in the US. When politicians and commentators say things like "every American should be insulted at the leaks" it insults every American and the American constitution. They are just Fascists. "

Um no dude. Espionage is pretty clearly a crime. Do a half second of research. We have a pretty infamous prison or two full of non-americans in holding. You guys seem to think since he's not American that somehow makes him safer. No, it kind of means the CIA can just snipe him if they want. No trial, no due process. "
*facepalm* you do know Assange didn't personally steal or spy his way into these 250,000 documents right? Wikileaks were given the documents by Bradley Manning, who broke the uniform code of military justice. Nobody else involved with Wikileaks has done anything wrong. Manning is the only one who could be prosecuted. When people say Assange should be executed they are totally ignorant of the law. This isn't about the fact he is not American, even if he was he shouldn't be prosecuted.

Wikileaks can't be taken down, unless the whole internet is. There are 748 mirror sites already, and the locked file with all of the leaks in has been circulated around already, if anything were to happen they would release the password.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Doctorchimp
@hunkaburningluv: dude there's supposedly some secret alien files locked away in there...
anterline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By anterline

Well they arrested the founder...which means NOTHING.  Do they really think arresting him would be the end of wikileaks?

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By EdIsCool

sadly Jack Ruby is gonna get him.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ArchScabby

It's not a conspiracy.  HE RAPED ME!  I think...

hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@Doctorchimp said:
" @hunkaburningluv: dude there's supposedly some secret alien files locked away in there... "

cool. 

they are out to get him now, they are doing the character assasination thing, next will be an accident. Just release the passcode and go hide....
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ryanwho

Listen I don't mean to interrupt your fellowship or whatever the fuck you think having solidarity with this man gets you, but his last leak isn't "harmless". People will die. I appreciate how confident you are in your assertions that nothing will happen but with all do deference, you don't know anything. You're just some guy. You can sit around and say "well people will die but its for the best because it destroys America hurhur", and you can wear Che Guevarra esc Assange shirts and turn this asshole into the hero you want him to be by concocting conspiracy theories around his rape allegations but he will have blood on his hands because of this last leak. Call yourself a truthseeker if you want, every clown in town thinks they're that.

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ape_dosmil
@GunslingerPanda said:
" @ape_dosmil said:
" @GunslingerPanda said:

Wikileaks "
Thanks.  So it's just a news site? And everyone's making a fuss over it?  I feel out of touch with reality right now. "
They host and publish anonymously leaked restricted, censored and confidential documents. You're kind of right though, in that they're not leaking anything themselves and so what they are doing is really no different to news organizations who report the contents of the documents.
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By CptBedlam
@ryanwho said:

"you don't know anything. You're just some guy."

Neither do you so don't pretend you somehow know more than others.

Also, innocent people died because of your government! Where is your uproar about that and who is charging them?
Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#74  Edited By Jost1
@ryanwho said:

" Listen I don't mean to interrupt your fellowship or whatever the fuck you think having solidarity with this man gets you, but his last leak isn't "harmless". People will die. I appreciate how confident you are in your assertions that nothing will happen but with all do deference, you don't know anything. You're just some guy. You can sit around and say "well people will die but its for the best because it destroys America hurhur", and you can wear Che Guevarra esc Assange shirts and turn this asshole into the hero you want him to be by concocting conspiracy theories around his rape allegations but he will have blood on his hands because of this last leak. Call yourself a truthseeker if you want, every clown in town thinks they're that.

"

I'm not in the business of hero worship, but this appears to be a pretty obvious case of character assassination. We'll see eventually.  

And yes people might die. And inter-governmental relationships will probably suffer, some more than others.  But dude if you think the world would be better off without knowing the truth about some of these incidents I'm afraid we disagree on a fundamental level that can't be bridged. 
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@ryanwho said:
" Listen I don't mean to interrupt your fellowship or whatever the fuck you think having solidarity with this man gets you, but his last leak isn't "harmless". People will die. I appreciate how confident you are in your assertions that nothing will happen but with all do deference, you don't know anything. You're just some guy. You can sit around and say "well people will die but its for the best because it destroys America hurhur", and you can wear Che Guevarra esc Assange shirts and turn this asshole into the hero you want him to be by concocting conspiracy theories around his rape allegations but he will have blood on his hands because of this last leak. Call yourself a truthseeker if you want, every clown in town thinks they're that.
   "

well, that's the thing, I'm nether pro nor against wikileaks - I do think that they've done a great job so far, but the most recent leak does give some pretty dangerous info out, I've said as much in the last thread. BUT as you said  - we don't know anything - neither do you, will people die? who knows. It's not a given either way. I don't particularly like Assange, I think he's a little troll. BUT he is doing a good thing - IMO wikileaks just needs to exercise a little restraint in what he releases unedited. 

I will say, it's not terrorism, it isn't illegal what wikileaks do. 
Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jost1
@CptBedlam said:
" @ryanwho said:

"you don't know anything. You're just some guy."

Neither do you so don't pretend you somehow know more than others.  Also, innocent people died because of your government! Where is your uproar about that and who is charging them? "
The US has been involved in some of the most shady, reprehensible shit this side of WW2 but they've not had to account for any of it. :/
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#77  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Personally, I think the guy is kind of an ass. Also, I know almost no one is going to agree with me on this, but I don't really think these documents and stuff should be released to the public. I don't really know what's in most of them, but I think I have a decent idea from what little I've seen. I think that if the government doesn't want the public to know this stuff, then there's probably a good reason for it. So what if the government is doing somewhat sneaky things that many would disapprove of? Isn't that what the government has always done?  

Personally, I don't really care what the government has to do in order to keep the country safe, and if there are documents that reveal things that are only going to make the public angry, then they should remain not-publicly disclosed. 

Also, let me reiterate that I do not know the exact contents of these documents. I read about one that said something about Karzai (leader of Afghanistan) pardoning some dudes for drug related charges. That's all I know. So please, don't go saying things like, "You haven't seen the documents, you don't know what you're talking about." I realize this. I also think that the governments of the world have better things to do than to respond to people that complain about things like this, and I think that so long as this guy is going about, this is only going to happen again.  

Also, I don't know everything about the other charges he's facing (you know, the sexual assault and/or rape or whatever), but I'm inclined to think that those are legit, because the guy seems like a smarmy asshole to me.  

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By CptBedlam
@MooseyMcMan said:

" So what if the government is doing somewhat sneaky things that many would disapprove of?"

Do you know what Democracy means?   They should REPRESENT the people, not lie to them and do stuff the people don't approve of.

@MooseyMcMan

said:

"Personally, I don't really care what the government has to do in order to keep the country safe "

So if the government does lots of illegal stuff that leads to the death of many innocent people just to keep you safe, that'd be okay? Only if you're an ignorant American. The rest of the world and responsible Americans care about what the government does.

@MooseyMcMan said:

"and I think that so long as this guy is going about, this is only going to happen again.

Even without him, it will happen again ... many times.  

@MooseyMcMan

said:

"  Also, I don't know everything about the other charges he's facing (you know, the sexual assault and/or rape or whatever), but I'm inclined to think that those are legit, because the guy seems like a smarmy asshole to me.   "

Yay, internet judgement ... "he looks like he could've done it"... love it!
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Detrian

It's hilarious how people say "WIKILEAKS IS PUTTING LIVES AT RISK!" when america's backroom meddling, military intervention and double crossing diplomacy has earned it dozens of enemies and conflicts around the world.

I guess it's okay to ignore america knowingly selling crappy equipment to it's allies and other friendly nations while lying about their quality OR america secretly arming insurgent groups around the world to destabilize regions OR ignoring armed groups and failing to act to prevent massacres with troops stationed in the area OR treating the U.N. as trash, ignoring it and going to war in the middle east as well as trying to steal vital information from it OR performing secret drone attacks in Yemen and killing civilians in the process while deflecting blame to the local government OR really any from the hundreds upon hundreds of shady schemes and foreign policy plans america likes to keep between it's legs.

Just don't mention any of this out loud or ELSE YOU ARE GONNA GET IT!

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By HandsomeDead
@MooseyMcMan said:
"Personally, I don't really care what the government has to do in order to keep the country safe, and if there are documents that reveal things that are only going to make the public angry, then they should remain not-publicly disclosed."
This is a pretty scary sentiment to have when you consider how unsafe the country, assuming you're talking about America or the UK, not so sure about others, have been in the past few years. Just look at the banking crisis and honestly tell me that's not a more pertinent issue than this and yet, it's gone pretty much poorly since 2008. 
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@CptBedlam:  I'd rather the government not do things like that, but if the alternative is innocent Americans dying, then yes. I love my country, and I feel that America needs to do what is in the best interest of America, and not what's best for everyone else. I know this makes me seem like an asshole (and I'm not going to lie, I am one), but whatever.  

@HandsomeDead: I'm not going to say that things have been going well (because they aren't), at least financially. But I was talking mainly about foreign policy, not so much about how the country is on the verge of bankruptcy. 
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Doctorchimp
@MooseyMcMan: You honestly believe everything the US is doing overseas is to make sure your ass is saved? Every action is only motivated by that? 

You are sorely mistaken my friend.
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#84  Edited By shiftymagician
@MooseyMcMan said:
" Personally, I think the guy is kind of an ass. Also, I know almost no one is going to agree with me on this, but I don't really think these documents and stuff should be released to the public. I don't really know what's in most of them, but I think I have a decent idea from what little I've seen. I think that if the government doesn't want the public to know this stuff, then there's probably a good reason for it. So what if the government is doing somewhat sneaky things that many would disapprove of? Isn't that what the government has always done?   Personally, I don't really care what the government has to do in order to keep the country safe, and if there are documents that reveal things that are only going to make the public angry, then they should remain not-publicly disclosed.  Also, let me reiterate that I do not know the exact contents of these documents. I read about one that said something about Karzai (leader of Afghanistan) pardoning some dudes for drug related charges. That's all I know. So please, don't go saying things like, "You haven't seen the documents, you don't know what you're talking about." I realize this. I also think that the governments of the world have better things to do than to respond to people that complain about things like this, and I think that so long as this guy is going about, this is only going to happen again.   Also, I don't know everything about the other charges he's facing (you know, the sexual assault and/or rape or whatever), but I'm inclined to think that those are legit, because the guy seems like a smarmy asshole to me.   "
Thanks for sharing your view.  For sure, some may be inclined to disagree (and to be honest I do too), but I respect your particular view and preferencial stances on this issue.  I felt the need to say that after the previous comment I made on your previous quote.
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@Doctorchimp said:
" @MooseyMcMan: You honestly believe everything the US is doing overseas is to make sure your ass is saved? Every action is only motivated by that?  You are sorely mistaken my friend. "
What I'm saying is that the government will operate better and more smoothly if the general public doesn't know every last thing that is going on. No, not everything they do is motivated by that, and I'm sure that a lot of it is motivated by nothing more than politicians wanting to make a profit, but I think things go a lot more smoothly if people don't know about these things.  

Whatever happened to the good old days when people supported their government, instead of questioning their every move? What's wrong with being a little patriotic, and showing some support for my government? 
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By HandsomeDead
@MooseyMcMan: You don't think the two are linked? Or that the one that keeps society afloat is more important than the one that sees your army in Afghanistan and Iraq for what is constantly turning out to be relatively unjustifiable reasons? Also, the way you say you know almost nothing about the guy but still think he's a rapist because he's 'smarmy' is pretty pathetic.
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Detrian
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @Doctorchimp said:
" @MooseyMcMan: You honestly believe everything the US is doing overseas is to make sure your ass is saved? Every action is only motivated by that?  You are sorely mistaken my friend. "
What I'm saying is that the government will operate better and more smoothly if the general public doesn't know every last thing that is going on.
Considering your agencies are already dumb enough to keep information from one another instead of cooperating, no. It won't.
Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jost1
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @Doctorchimp said:
What I'm saying is that the government will operate better and more smoothly if the general public doesn't know every last thing that is going on. No, not everything they do is motivated by that, and I'm sure that a lot of it is motivated by nothing more than politicians wanting to make a profit, but I think things go a lot more smoothly if people don't know about these things.   Whatever happened to the good old days when people supported their government, instead of questioning their every move? What's wrong with being a little patriotic, and showing some support for my government?  "
Your duty as a citizen is to be critical of your government. 
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By CptBedlam
@MooseyMcMan said:

" @Doctorchimp said:

What I'm saying is that the government will operate better and more smoothly if the general public doesn't know every last thing that is going on. "
This is true and that is why we elect representatives.

Still it is a good thing that some secrets get uncovered from time to time to remind the elected representatives that they can't just do anything they want and that they have responsibilities.
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @CptBedlam:  I'd rather the government not do things like that, but if the alternative is innocent Americans dying, then yes. I love my country, and I feel that America needs to do what is in the best interest of America, and not what's best for everyone else. I know this makes me seem like an asshole (and I'm not going to lie, I am one), but whatever.  

Would you? id rather my country practices what it preaches to be honest. 

American has been doing what it needs to do in it's best interests and look what the fucking mess it's gotten itself into doing that. 
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Detrian
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @Doctorchimp said:
  Whatever happened to the good old days when people supported their government, instead of questioning their every move? What's wrong with being a little patriotic, and showing some support for my government?  "
Oh I forgot. Last time you did this you got into a couple wars you still can't get out of.
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @Doctorchimp said:
What I'm saying is that the government will operate better and more smoothly if the general public doesn't know every last thing that is going on. No, not everything they do is motivated by that, and I'm sure that a lot of it is motivated by nothing more than politicians wanting to make a profit, but I think things go a lot more smoothly if people don't know about these things.   Whatever happened to the good old days when people supported their government, instead of questioning their every move? What's wrong with being a little patriotic, and showing some support for my government?  "

what happened is that your gov showed that it would do any dirty tactic it needed to do to get the job done. Blind patriotism is a bad thing.
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#93  Edited By damswedon

Wasn't he wanted for the sex crimes before the whole wikileaks stuff?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By HandsomeDead

I don't know why I got into this, MooseyMcMan has to be a troll.

hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@damswedon said:
" Wasn't he wanted for the sex crimes before the whole wikileaks stuff? "
I believe he was wanted for questioning. It's interesting that the US now wants him deported - for what? 
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By CptBedlam
@damswedon said:
The sex crimes stuff came up at the end of August, way after all these war document leaks went down.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @Doctorchimp said:
Patriotism isn't supporting your government blindly.  In fact it's entirely the opposite.  You know why the Second Amendment exists right?

OBVIOUSLY FUCKING NOT.

Ugh.  A whole generation of people so dumbed down that they have no idea how to think critically.
k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By k9

I guess most of the posters here are not aware of the sort of information that wikileaks has revealed so far with its publishing of cablegate. One important piece of information revealed through cablegate has been a secret deal made between U.S. and U.K. to allow U.S. to keep its cluster bombs in the U.K. in spite of there being munitions ban signed by Gordon Brown himself. 

I have seen several news shows where people have argued that these sorts of backroom deals are a diplomatic tactic that  have always existed and wikileaks is throwing a wrench into this age old political machine by leaking confidential information. But people arguing this point fail to see that making secret deals is not a kind of diplomatic tactic but a sign of political corruption. Democratic governments have no right to publicly declare something to be illegal and then allow government officials to find loopholes around the laws that they themselves passed.

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ape_dosmil
@damswedon said:

No. He was wanted for sex crimes before the most recent high profile release of US diplomatic cables yes, but the sex crime allegations only date back to August this year. Wikileaks has existed since 2006 and they had already published various confidential US documents, reports, videos etc. prior to sex crime allegations. He has been on America's radar for a while now.
turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#100  Edited By turbo_toaster
@josty81 said:
" Wow the international community sure are committed to pursuing people accused of rape. I assume they're going to spend the same resources on every potential assault case from now on?   "
THIS