#1 Posted by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -

I know it isn't July quite yet, but I haven't seen one of these in a while and I want to see what y'all have goin' on. I'll start. Cleaned things up quite a bit recently.

#2 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

I would download a bear. I would very much like that.  

#3 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@DanielJW: i hate having the task bar on the top so much you wouldnt believe
#4 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" @DanielJW: i hate having the task bar on the top so much you wouldnt believe "
I did it for a change. It was pretty rough at first, but now I kinda like it. 
#5 Posted by Sanryd (1369 posts) -

Nothin' special, really.
#6 Posted by sagesebas (1979 posts) -
@wrathofconn: Congrats on the ONE icon on your desktop
#7 Edited by Organicalistic_ (2933 posts) -
@DanielJW said:

" @kishan6 said:

" @DanielJW: i hate having the task bar on the top so much you wouldnt believe "
I did it for a change. It was pretty rough at first, but now I kinda like it.  "
i like it on the left
#8 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@organicalistic_ said:
" @DanielJW said:

" @kishan6 said:

I did it for a change. It was pretty rough at first, but now I kinda like it.  "
i like it on the left "
OK, that's weird. 
#9 Edited by Lemoncookie01 (1642 posts) -

I switch my wallpaper every week or so,this is the one i have on now.

#10 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" @DanielJW said:

" @kishan6 said:

i like it on the left "
OK, that's weird.  "
ya i cant  even begin to fathom that
#11 Posted by HS21 (2682 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" @DanielJW said:

" @kishan6 said:

i like it on the left "
OK, that's weird.  "
ya i cant  even begin to fathom that "
I threw up in my mouth when I read it, get some help friend. For your health.
#12 Posted by T0mF5 (929 posts) -

#13 Posted by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -
@sagesebas: I don't think you can get the recycle bin icon off your desktop in XP, otherwise that wouldn't be there either. =/

And as far as moving the taskbar around goes, yes, very weird. I think top is crazier than left though.
#14 Posted by Skytylz (4039 posts) -

Calvin and Hobbes!
#15 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Robot recruitment
#16 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@wrathofconn: There is a way to take it off. I did it back when I still had XP, but it's a really long and rather annoying way that involves downloading weird registry files. You'll probably find it's not worth the trouble. 
#17 Posted by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -
@Skytylz:  Classy. I've got a few Calvin and Hobbes wallpapers, yours is good.

@DanielJW: Yeah, I'm not concerned enough to mess with registry stuff. This half-solution just occurred to me, and I feel good about it.

#18 Posted by AURON570 (1677 posts) -

Computer is getting old.... ugh, hopefully get a new one for university.

Desktop June 20/10
desktop hasn't changed for a while, i think I found this pic two years ago...as you can see at the bottom, I actually took this screenshot for the previous thread on GB.com on desktops.
#19 Posted by Sanryd (1369 posts) -
@wrathofconn said:
" @sagesebas: I don't think you can get the recycle bin icon off your desktop in XP, otherwise that wouldn't be there either. =/  And as far as moving the taskbar around goes, yes, very weird. I think top is crazier than left though. "
I could be wrong, but if you right click on the desktop there should be an option you can uncheck under "View".
#20 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@wrathofconn: Haha. Perfectly executed. 
#21 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6401 posts) -
@DanielJW:
Where did you find that wallpaper?  Dug the hell out of that.
#22 Edited by NoDeath (798 posts) -

This is just what it is at this very second. I use the Win7 rolling desktop thing so it takes from a folder of a couple of hundred wallpapers and changes every 3 minutes. Also, the taskbar belongs on the bottom. What's wrong with you people.
#23 Posted by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -
@tdk08:  Huh, how simple. The menu wasn't called 'View' but I found the option you were talking about. Thanks for the tip, can't believe I didn't know that existed.
#24 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@Sparky_Buzzsaw: I could give you it and a few others like it if you want. They come from my rare ventures in to /wg/ on 4chan. It's the only place I still allow myself to visit on that site.  

But let me know if you do want that one, or others like it. I have a couple, but I have to jet right now. I'll get back to you on it!
#25 Posted by Agent_Lost (899 posts) -

#26 Posted by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -
@NoDeath:  Nice. Is the P4 clock a rainmeter thing or just a Windows 7 add-on you found?

@DanielJW: /wg/ can definitely be useful. That's where I got mine as well.
#27 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6401 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" @Sparky_Buzzsaw: I could give you it and a few others like it if you want. They come from my rare ventures in to /wg/ on 4chan. It's the only place I still allow myself to visit on that site.   But let me know if you do want that one, or others like it. I have a couple, but I have to jet right now. I'll get back to you on it! "

Absolutely, yeah.  I used to be a huge CG art fanatic a few years back, but I've kinda fallen out of it.  It'd be great to have a few awesome CG screensavers like that.  Hit me up with a PM and we'll get it sorted out.
#28 Posted by NoDeath (798 posts) -
@wrathofconn: It's a rainmeter thing. I got it from this thread.
#29 Posted by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -
@NoDeath:  Cool, thanks. I'll keep that bookmarked.
#30 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4826 posts) -

Like I said in my last month's thread, I have many images in rotation for my wallpaper so here's another
#31 Posted by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -

#32 Edited by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

It's a Giant Worm!!!!! 

#33 Posted by Marino (4764 posts) -

Staff
#34 Posted by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

Since my computer got fixed I've been lazy and just went back to an old P4 wallpaper that I had lying around. I should really get a new one soon.

The video file is just there for kicks.
Now that I think about it, I'm just gonna grab the one PrimeSynergy posted. Yoink!
#35 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I changed it.
#36 Posted by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -

Made some drastic changes, just playing around with stuff for now. Might add a rainmeter clock if I decide to keep the system clock hidden.

#37 Posted by hwy_61 (943 posts) -

#38 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@wrathofconn: Weirdest place for the task bar ever.  

@Sparky_Buzzsaw: On it. 
#39 Posted by SmasheControllers (2553 posts) -
@wrathofconn: Cool man I was going to start this thread tomorrow, thanks for doing it earlier. 

My July Desktop!
#40 Posted by DillonWerner (1520 posts) -
@HS21 said:
" @kishan6 said:
" @DanielJW said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" @DanielJW said:

" @kishan6 said:

i like it on the left "
OK, that's weird.  "
ya i cant  even begin to fathom that "
I threw up in my mouth when I read it, get some help friend. For your health. "
HOW COULD YOU EVEN DO THAT? THAT'S WORSE THAN ABORTING A CHILD
#41 Edited by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -
@DanielJW: Yeah it is really odd, but I like it better than if it was on the left or top. I want to know if I can put the scroll bar on the left instead of the right in Firefox though, because otherwise it looks like ass to have the scroll bar right next to the taskbar.

@SmashedControllers: No problem duder, I'm leaving town in the morning so I figured I'd get this started tonight.
#42 Posted by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -

#43 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

I'm still using the same one from last month's thread.

#44 Posted by Rebirth1337 (795 posts) -

#45 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

Switched back to one of my old favorites about a week ago: 

Once again, props to Turbo_Toaster for the wallpaper. 
#46 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

I decided to make a couple changes.  

#47 Posted by Demonstride (864 posts) -

More stuff on the screen than the previous version. Damn Steam sales. 
#48 Posted by SSully (4327 posts) -
 I usually have the taskbar hidden, but it looks better for photos when you show it ;) 
#49 Edited by wrathofconn (1453 posts) -

Ok, I've probably just about finished mine for now, at least until I get back from this trip I'm about to take. Hiding the taskbar fixed my OCD from earlier. May have to try out different clocks in the future as well but it's decent for now.

Also, @Rebirth1337:  fuck yeah Beartato.
#50 Posted by DillonWerner (1520 posts) -
@DanielJW: i a madly inlove with your desktop, its so simple and clean