• 68 results
#1 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Source: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni44702605/

Spielberg is producing, not directing.

I don't know what to think about this. Hopefully either Sam Neill or Jeff Goldblum will be in this or else I won't be interested. What do you guys think? I'd love to get Patrick thoughts on this. Will probably get louds of it in next weeks podcast.

#2 Posted by Brother_PipPop (255 posts) -

Well considering how good 2 and 3 were, and I won't get all that excited.

#3 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

@Mushir said:

Hopefully either Sam Neill or Jeff Goldblum will be in this or else I won't be interested.

Life finds a way.

#4 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3834 posts) -

Mercenary dinosaurs or no deal.

#5 Posted by TheHT (11250 posts) -

dinosaurs on a space colony.

#6 Edited by Kevin_Cogneto (1074 posts) -

@Mushir said:

I'd love to get Patrick thoughts on this.

Preferably expressed entirely via misquoted lines from the first three movies.

#7 Posted by altairre (1191 posts) -

We get a new Star Wars so obviously Jurassic Park 4 is a thing.

#8 Posted by GalacticPunt (1054 posts) -

What do you think, Sam Neill?

Not again, all the sequels suck! NoooOoOOOOOooOo!
#9 Posted by GalacticPunt (1054 posts) -

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Mushir said:

Hold on to your behinds.

#10 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1074 posts) -

@GalacticPunt said:

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Mushir said:

Hold on to your behinds.

No no no! You didn't say the magic phrase!

#11 Posted by Jayzilla (2561 posts) -

No thanks. 2 and 3 were terrible. 1 wasn't even that great a movie imo. It was visually awesome, but then again, so was Avatar. I think I was too old when JP came out.

#12 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

Loved Jurassic Park ever since I was a child, super psyched to hear Spielberg's involved too. JP3 wasn't too hot but I want to believe!

#13 Posted by Maajin (1063 posts) -

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Mushir said:

Hold on to your heads.

#14 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

I'm glad they didn't go in that direction, but those are some pretty cool creature designs.

#15 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11004 posts) -

Given the train wreck that was 3, I... I don't even have the words to make that a proper sentence. That movie makes me angry. It's so bad. SO BAD.

The worst part is that this movie will probably be garbage but I will end up seeing it anyway because I'm as obsessed with Jurassic Park as Patrick is. That movie basically was my childhood. Hell, I even like The Lost World. It has a ton of Jeff Goldblum in it!

#16 Posted by MentalDisruption (1635 posts) -

The dinosaur obsessed child in me is going to require me to see this. Hopefully its good.

#17 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -

I thought 2 was fine but 3 was prettttttty bad.

#18 Posted by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

@Mushir said:

Source: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni44702605/

Spielberg is producing, not directing.

I don't know what to think about this. Hopefully either Sam Neill or Jeff Goldblum will be in this or else I won't be interested. What do you guys think? I'd love to get Patrick thoughts on this. Will probably get louds of it in next weeks podcast.

I've been watching this for years now, it's hardly changed but it is slowly gaining momentum.

#19 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2457 posts) -

Why?

#20 Posted by NTM (7377 posts) -

James Cameron almost had the rights to make the films; I would have liked to see that version as well. As for this, I don't care. If Spielberg was directing then I'd be somewhat more excited.

#21 Posted by John1912 (1884 posts) -

Sam Neil has to play Dr Weir in the film or no deal.

#22 Edited by SlashDance (1814 posts) -

It's not like there's millions of movies with dinosaurs eating people, so I guess I'm on board.

#23 Posted by BeachThunder (11930 posts) -

As long as there aren't heaps of quick time events...

#24 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3834 posts) -

@BigBoss1911 said:

Why?

really?

$$$$

#25 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

Depends on the director/writer, obviously, more than Goldblum. But, well, until then, I dunno? I think it's probably a ridiculous idea to include a "4" in that title.

#26 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2219 posts) -

I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed The Lost World (fuck Patrick on that one) but I'm with everyone on despising the third so here's hoping everyone making the fourth learnt their lesson.

#27 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

@Cold_Wolven said:

I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed The Lost World (fuck Patrick on that one) but I'm with everyone on despising the third so here's hoping everyone making the fourth learnt their lesson.

A lot of people enjoyed The Lost World, myself included. It's a good Jurassic flick. Better than the first in some parts.

#28 Posted by Hailinel (24778 posts) -

@Brother_PipPop said:

Well considering how good 2 and 3 were, and I won't get all that excited.

I actually didn't mind Jurassic Part III that much; it was pretty entertaining. The Lost World was awful, though.

#29 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5477 posts) -

We need an Event Horizon Jurassic Park crossover film.

#30 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

I literally haven't seen Jurassic Park since I was 5 or six, so I don't remember a damn thing about it. I should probably get on that.

#31 Posted by Hunter5024 (5682 posts) -

I should probably watch the first Jurassic Park at some point. Dinosaurs are bitchin.

#32 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

No Goldblum, no sale.

#33 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

i really wish 3d would just die already.

i HATE the way it effects direction. its always super awkward shots of stuff flying at the camera. its horrible.

#34 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2457 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

@BigBoss1911 said:

Why?

really?

$$$$

I know, but I mean morally why. Do they really have to put people through more shitty jurassic park sequels?

#35 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3834 posts) -

@BigBoss1911 said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@BigBoss1911 said:

Why?

really?

$$$$

I know, but I mean morally why. Do they really have to put people through more shitty jurassic park sequels?

There are no morals to it really.

As I was saying in relation to Devil May Cry, if you like the originals, and don't like whatever they did after, just don't support it or see it.

#36 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

Depends on the director/writer, obviously, more than Goldblum. But, well, until then, I dunno? I think it's probably a ridiculous idea to include a "4" in that title.

the jurassic park?

#37 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

@Animasta: Or "Return To Jurassic Park." Or something more clever than that. Just not a "4", it'll send people running.

#38 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

@Animasta: Or "Return To Jurassic Park." Or something more clever than that. Just not a "4", it'll send people running.

jurassic park: the movie of the game

#39 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Little_Socrates said:

jurassic park: the movie of the game

Jurassic Park: Harassing Mark.

#40 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

I thought 2 was fine but 3 was prettttttty bad.
#41 Posted by iceman228433 (616 posts) -

God I sure hope this is good that third one was so bad. It sounds like Spielberg might Direct this one sense the robot movie he was doing fell through.

#42 Posted by teh_destroyer (3567 posts) -

Jurassic Park 2 was good for the Vince Vaughn, and 3 was good for the William H Macy. I do want Jeff and Sam back in number 4 though :),

#43 Posted by Marz (5652 posts) -

man i dunno how i feel about this,  I read the first Jurrasic Park and Lost World, don't know about any other Chrichton books this could be based on.  I do like dinosaurs though.

#44 Posted by EoinTConroy (7 posts) -

This movie will most likely end up being only vaguely connected with the first 3 I imagine, maybe a cameo or two that's all I can see happening. I suggest we discuss actors, Ryan Gosling for the lead anyone? I say it should be set in the future, the dinosaurs have earned to talk and become somewhat civilised but when a few people go missing, Ryan Gosling is sent in to find the people. Think of it as a mix between 'Drive' and 'Taken' with dinosaurs that talk...and Ryan Gosling kerb stomping them.

#45 Posted by Shortbreadtom (778 posts) -

@Little_Socrates: JUR4SSIC P4RK!

#46 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

This was announced ages ago, where have you guys been?

#47 Posted by ShaggE (6452 posts) -

@Clonedzero said:

i really wish 3d would just die already.

i HATE the way it effects direction. its always super awkward shots of stuff flying at the camera. its horrible.

Not always. When used to add depth, it's great. It could even be revolutionary once somebody taps its potential. Unfortunately, wallets speak louder than words, and "MY BALLS ARE FLYING AT YOUR FACE 3D" is still going to play to packed houses.

#48 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1289 posts) -

i'll see it regardless of quality

#49 Posted by TheIronYuppie (120 posts) -

Michael Crichton is spinning in his grave.

#50 Posted by AuthenticM (3728 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

This was announced ages ago, where have you guys been?

It was announced a while ago, yes, but they had not said anything regarding a release date. Now we have one. And the movie will be in 3D.