Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@i_stay_puft said:

Will they ever learn?

Do not set up a park around dinosaurs!

You'd think with the catastrophe of what occurred in the first 3 films they'd realize to stop building one. These fat cats will never learn you just don't mess with mother nature.

Other thoughts, I think Chris Pratt playing serious machismo guy being very weird considering his past well known roles he's usually the lovable funny man. I really like how they mixed the original Jurassic Park theme to make it sound extra creepy and terrifying.

Did anybody else get a really Aliens 3 vibe going when they mentioned splicing a dinosaur? I just had sudden images of Jon Lovitz face on a T-Rex.

Wow, I actually got an 'Alien' vibe from the trailer, really cool to see someone else did too.

@koolaid said:

One thing that seemed really odd to me is that the trailer seemed strangely and subtly sexist. I dunno, maybe I’m being too sensitive. But it just seems strange to me that the seemingly only female character is this Hammond type. And the main character is this “Aw Shucks” Chris Pratt who is all “it’s mighty stupid to be making a new dinosaur.”

I guess it upsets me because we, as the audience, know that making dinosaurs is a stupid idea. But this character doesn’t think it’s a problem, and assumingly, she believes herself to be a pretty smart and in control person. But she is proven wrong by the entire plot of the movie.

Like, this movie seems like it is about a powerful woman making a dumb mistake and getting a bunch a of people killed. A mistake that the down to earth Chris Pratt and the rest of the audience can see coming a mile away. And the unwritten message is like "Oh boy, now Chris Pratt has to bail this dumb bitch out." I don’t know if it’s sexist, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

Also... Chris Pratt doesn't seem too worried riding a motorcycle through a bunch of raptors. Because its cgi and they aren't there. And it looks fake and dumb. Chris Pratt seems like the kind of character that would get killed in the first movie.

And normal dinos apparently aren't scary so instead we need SUPER dinos. Man... we've been burned so many times... why even get our hopes up?

You're right, you're being VERY sensitive and reading way too much into the trailer. She's just a representation of Hammond for this movie, since it appears that it's taking a LOT of cues from the first movie. Who wants to bet that the stupid kids in this are going to be just like the kids from the first movie, hiding from the dinosaurs and stuff. I really hope this movie doesn't do too much fan pandering, but the trailer really doesn't get my hopes up. Plus we already had two sub-par sequels, so I dunno if the third time really will be a charm.

Edit: Holy crap, are those actually TRAINED raptors? That sounds so absolutely ridiculously dumb that it actually makes me want to see this now.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Chris Pratt...

...is fucking Raptor Jesus.

I'm all in!

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

@whitegreyblack: Recreating an extinct species using modern equivalents is one thing. Splicing two extinct creatures along with a cuttlefish for cloaking and a snake for god know what (but probably venomous bites) seems a bit insane and not the logical first step of a new technology. Why not start with a hybrid triceratops or hadrosaur? You know, something that won't fucking EAT PEOPLE?

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By whitegreyblack

@phoenix654: You can't say for sure that a mammoth/elephant hybrid won't devour all of mankind ;-) (or that scientists would throw a little anaconda, alligator, or flying squirrel DNA in there just for a dash of flavor)

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I like it. The one hyper-intelligent dinosaur is like an analog to the first Alien movie. I'm definitely going to give it a shot.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I thought it was awesome because I don't take my dinosaur theme park movies too seriously. A Super hybrid dinosaur and a raptor hunting squad just makes it more amazing.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't think the trailer was good but I still have hope for it

Lauren Lapkus is in it tho so I will definitely see it

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

What the shit is this!? It looks terrible.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The amount of hate this is getting blows my mind. I thought that trailer was awesome. I fucking love Jurassic Park and I can't wait.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@overnow said:

The amount of hate this is getting blows my mind. I thought that trailer was awesome. I fucking love Jurassic Park and I can't wait.

It's getting hate because the trailer just showed off a bunch of awful dialog, terrible CGI, and what looks to be a really stupid story. Evil Hybrid Dinosaur? Really!?

DJMoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Initially, I thought this trailer was really dumb. The whole riding with raptors at the end of the trailers was just too much stupid for me. Plus, I really didn't like the concept of genetically creating a super dinosaur. However, watching it a second time, it seems slightly better. The premise of finally having the island as an amusement park seems interesting. I'll definitely give this a watch but I won't be expecting much.

universalize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

nostalgia/rose colored glasses speaking but the lack of the older cast/characters especially Sam Neill's Dr. Alan Grant and Jeff Goldblum's Dr. Ian Malcolm will be missed.

it doesn't have the majesty of the original and doesn't have the feel of treating the dinosaurs like actual zoo animals which the original did so well at. CGI of the original had professional effect artists whom understood deeply of weight and movement which proceeded well with the realism and execution of the motion developed for the JP1 dinosaurs. CGI used by the right people will give a sense closeness, as if we were in a safari ride observing live animals in action. incorrectly used it would just have them end up being weirdly stylized and hyper animated.

with that said, i do take cautious optimism with this movie and hope one day the T-Rex will reign dominant once again either through genetic modification or some sort of indirect evolutionary advancement (however, the notion of monarchy within animal species is ridiculous and should be rid of. even in the JP universe)

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

I think the story looks pretty interesting, but oh god Chris Pratt is just awful in that role. He's playing the Goldblum role but with zero style or charisma. He's just being a classic smart-ass dude-guy with gun. I thought the trailer was really cool until he showed up.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@i_stay_puft: This actually takes place in a universe where the other movies didn't happen and the park opened and was a success.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Capum15

A trained pack of hunting raptors.

Alright I'm in.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#117  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Here's a recut version of the trailer. Spoiler: It's way better -

Loading Video...

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@alkusanagi said:

I don't give a shit about any of the hate. I will see this movie as many times on opening day as I can! The first Jurassic Park was my life when it came out. I saw it in theaters every single day the summer it was out when I was a kid. If it has even 1/10 the wonder of the first one, I'll love it.

How many times did you watch the 3rd film?

I thought it was way better than the second one.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

@kylenalepa said:

1) Some of the CGI needs work, but the movie's not out for 8 months and, from what I understand, it's not uncommon for there to be unfinished CG shots in trailers.

Isn't it the exact opposite? Why would they choose to show unfinished CGI in official trailers...that doesn't make any sense.

If it looks decent enough and the "concept" or whatever of the shoot sounds great it's going in the trailer. All the cg gets touched up until release anyway so it's not like any of it is finished. The shots we saw in the trailer might be the best looking cg they have so far.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't understand why everyone has to be so cynical about this trailer...We've got Legacy Effects working on the movie (formerly Stan Winston Studios a.k.a some of the greatest movie effects talent around), it's confirmed to have plenty of practical effects, I think Chris Pratt has proven himself as an actor, etc. etc.

I guess I'm just saying it's okay to be cautiously optimistic, but why the hate?

Idk, people are right there is already way to much CGI (The Jurassic World door looks fucking awful) BUT I agree with everything you just said and the idea of starlord driving a motorcycle through the jungle with a pack of trained raptors? Sign Me Up.

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

That trailer is very... blue.

Loading Video...

And I won't be surprised if the crazy mutant dinosaur is orange.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks terrible. I'll probably watch it.

Calling it now - raptor/t-rex hybrid is the genetically modified one they mention but do not show.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#123  Edited By Kazona

The moment they mentioned "hybrid" dinosaur I couldn't help but be reminded of that shark movie with Samuel L. Jackson (forgot the name of it).

I really hope this is better...

Edit: GF just looked it up for me: deep blue see.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@kazona: That would be Deep Blue Sea. And I too thought of that.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between this and the new Star Wars, I feel a bit like my nostalgia is being used against me. This movie looks bad, but because it has enough of what's currently popular it will probably do fine and everyone will say it was actually OK, like they did with Godzilla and the other revivals as of late. That won't change the fact that Michael Crichton isn't involved in this though, this movie is probably gonna miss the point of the original Jurassic Park.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: i pretty much agree with everything you said. It just looks so...low budget or something?

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By frankxiv
bombedyermom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By bombedyermom

"Depends what kinda dinosaur they cooked up in that lab" sounded fuckin weird.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Depends what kinda dinosaur they cooked up in that lab" sounded fuckin weird.

Agreed, I don't hate the dialogue as much as others seem too, it's a little typical but fine, only that line really sticks out to me, it doesn't sound natural, I don't even think its the actors fault, it's just a bad sounding line, sounds like something out of a cheesy 50's movie, don't think any actor could have made it sound right.

"A-ha, is this our dinosaur cooked up in a lab?"

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koolaid: I don't think bringing back dinosaurs is as dumb of a mistake as everybody makes it out to be. In fact, I'd be willing to bet, barring weird circumstances, a dinosaur zoo could totally function as intended in real life with no serious danger outside of the occasional mishap when a dumb person climbs a fence or trespasses. Heck, even in the movie, the park only fails when somebody intentionally sabotages the security systems.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@i_stay_puft said:

@alkusanagi said:

I don't give a shit about any of the hate. I will see this movie as many times on opening day as I can! The first Jurassic Park was my life when it came out. I saw it in theaters every single day the summer it was out when I was a kid. If it has even 1/10 the wonder of the first one, I'll love it.

Yeah, I'm not sure where all the hate for the third film comes from. Parts of the second one are just really, really dumb. I mean, the third one's not great, but it's certainly better than "let's take this baby t-rex into our camper that's sitting next to a cliff". I guess putting a t-rex in San Diego saved that film pretty well.

Also, like others have said, the CGI doesn't look that great, but I've long since given up hope of practical effects really making a comeback. Anyone seen Alien recently? Or Aliens? Both look perfect. That first movie holds up especially well.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@believer258 said:

@sethphotopoulos said:

@i_stay_puft said:

@alkusanagi said:

Yeah, I'm not sure where all the hate for the third film comes from. Parts of the second one are just really, really dumb. I mean, the third one's not great, but it's certainly better than "let's take this baby t-rex into our camper that's sitting next to a cliff". I guess putting a t-rex in San Diego saved that film pretty well.

Also, like others have said, the CGI doesn't look that great, but I've long since given up hope of practical effects really making a comeback. Anyone seen Alien recently? Or Aliens? Both look perfect. That first movie holds up especially well.

I think most of my hate for the third one comes from:

A. Joe Johnston directed that thing and he hadn't really directed anything relevant since The Rocketeer.

B. That ending. Peace treaty with veliciraptors cause they returned the eggs? G-Man on beach suddenly the entire military arrives with the call to Ellie? Billy is alive and did not get his eyes pecked out by the pterodactyl?

C. Dumb kid surviving and having a jar full of T-Rex piss.

D. Spinosaurus

E. Tea Leoni

F. Tea Leoni

G. Tea Leoni

H. Tea Leoni

...continue down the alphabet.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, on one hand the subtext of the movie is about the hubris of man thinking he could create and control dinosaurs. But on the other hand, the original park would have been fine in theory if Newman didn't shut everything down.

I guess I'm waiting to see if this movie has a sabotage element to it, I'd feel better about that. But if it's just "We made this dino and made the walls in his pen REAL high. Turns out he can jump over them! Whoops!"

@hatking said:

@koolaid: I don't think bringing back dinosaurs is as dumb of a mistake as everybody makes it out to be. In fact, I'd be willing to bet, barring weird circumstances, a dinosaur zoo could totally function as intended in real life with no serious danger outside of the occasional mishap when a dumb person climbs a fence or trespasses. Heck, even in the movie, the park only fails when somebody intentionally sabotages the security systems.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By I_Stay_Puft
Loading Video...

Jurassic World trailer 2.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That hamster ball looks silly.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I hate how they're recreating scenes from the first movie. Like with the new Terminator movie, I really wish they'd just try to be their own thing.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

I don't think this will be a very good movie.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45 said:

@i_stay_puft said:
Loading Video...

I hate how they're recreating scenes from the first movie. Like with the new Terminator movie, I really wish they'd just try to be their own thing.

I prefer that to them spitting in the face of the first movie like 3 did. And nothing here struck me as direct lifts from the first movie, more homage than reference.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point I know I'm going to see it so any complaint or misgiving I might have regarding this trailer is moot.

But seriously. Did they just crop out the shark and swap it with a pteranodon in that mosasaur shot?

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The CG looks a little flat but otherwise it looks like a decent horror flick.

I still feel like I've just seen all the best parts of the movie.

I wonder if a Pterosaur of that small size could lift a human.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

At this point I know I'm going to see it so any complaint or misgiving I might have regarding this trailer is moot.

But seriously. Did they just crop out the shark and swap it with a pteranodon in that mosasaur shot?

I was kinda thinking the same thing or this could be one of those call back scenes after shit hits the fan. I'm actually quite surprised they keep on flippy flopping on the idea that Raptors were covered in feathers. If I was a velociraptor I'd probably boycott this film.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By mikemcn

Did anyone else catch the part where he is riding not away from the velociraptors, but WITH THEM. And it's implied that chris pratt "understands the dinosaurs", he's the fucking dino-whisperer and he's teaming up with the good dinos to fight mega-dino who is a danger to them all.

What the fuck. God I hope i'm wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn said:

Did anyone else catch the part where he is riding not away from the velociraptors, but WITH THEM. And it's implied that chris pratt "understands the dinosaurs", he's the fucking dino-whisperer and he's teaming up with the good dinos to fight mega-dino who is a danger to them all.

What the fuck. God I hope i'm wrong.

You're not. It was confirmed early on that Chris Pratt and his raptor-bros are a prehistoric Justice League tasked with bringing down the rogue super-dino.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want to see Chris act "serious" watch Zero Dark Thirty again and then this trailer.

I'm hoping he's improved.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By alwaysbebombing

Oh my god it really does have Chris Pratt? SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.

Also, I don't know why people are getting all hung up on Chris Pratt's line delivery. I just go to look at that bod, plus Jeff Goldblum isn't that great and is kinda of an ass.

One more thing, was this like a super Alien-feeling trailer to anyone?