Just a quick god question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pibo47
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

Well this is sorta hard to answer, but I first need to point out that your statement makes no sense, "I believe in God but I don't know--if he exists." Huh? Paradox?

I would say that most Christians believe in the Bible, so therefore they believe God loves them.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Jayge_

Oh, the internal conflicts of religion.

ItalyCanadian9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ItalyCanadian9

God loves all! God sent his only son Jesus Christ to die for all sins. God exist Why or how? Prayers, Relationship, Truth.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DualReaver
*Facepalm*
*Facepalm*
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pibo47

brukaoru said:

"Well this is sorta hard to answer, but I first need to point out that your statement makes no sense, "I believe in God but I don't know--if he exists." Huh? Paradox?

I would say that most Christians believe in the Bible, so therefore they believe God loves them."

Yeah, this just kinda poped into my head, i didnt really think it out. I've thought alot about this subject before, just not alot today.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Because belief in God and worship to God causes God's love.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By hazelnutman

You get a facepalm for your troubles sir.

caption
caption
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pibo47
ItalyCanadian9 said:
"God loves all! God sent his only son Jesus Christ to die for all sins. God exist Why or how? Prayers, Relationship, Truth."

But the question is how do you know any of that is true? You just stated that as a fact when you have no facts to back it up. For all we know we all could be living in a world much like the matrix movies/books.
ItalyCanadian9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ItalyCanadian9
Arkthemaniac said:
"Because belief in God and worship to God causes God's love."
No, God is our first love. God always loved us.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DualReaver
Pibo47 said:
"ItalyCanadian9 said:
"God loves all! God sent his only son Jesus Christ to die for all sins. God exist Why or how? Prayers, Relationship, Truth."

But the question is how do you know any of that is true? You just stated that as a fact when you have no facts to back it up. For all we know we all could be living in a world much like the matrix movies/books."
YOU DON'T, THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED FAITH.
ItalyCanadian9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ItalyCanadian9
Pibo47 said:
"ItalyCanadian9 said:

But the question is how do you know any of that is true? You just stated that as a fact when you have no facts to back it up. For all we know we all could be living in a world much like the matrix movies/books."
I believe it's true because the bible predicts the future.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Endogene

when someone decides to make a new topic involving religion could that person please post it in the religion thread
http://www.giantbomb.com/religion/92-1594/
This way the discussions that are going on about religion can easily be found and those who are not interested in them can filter them out of the "latest topics" section of the site.

also nice facepalm dualreaver

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pibo47

Well how is it that christians are so critical of others for not having the same faith that they have? I think its a hard thing to ask someone to have faith in something that is illogical.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By BlindEffekt

Religion is a weird topic.
You have people calling us sinners, yet said religion can cause some of the most disgusting crimes known to man.
I don't know if i believe in a god, well not a christian god anyway.
I believe there is some kind of massive god that created us all, but i tend not to worry about it until my time has come.

:)

valandil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By valandil

It explains it all in the Bible.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pibo47

WHoa, we gots a religion thread?? damn....

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DualReaver
Pibo47 said:
"

Well how is it that christians are so critical of others for not having the same faith that they have? I think its a hard thing to ask someone to have faith in something that is illogical.

"
Nice generalization there, not all Christians are like that and I do agree the ones that are shouldn't be so pushy. Although the same goes for Atheists who try to tell Christians what to believe in.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Endogene
Pibo47 said:
"WHoa, we gots a religion thread?? damn...."
actually its the page of the religion concept page, every concept, person, game, franchise has its own forum
ItalyCanadian9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ItalyCanadian9
BlindEffekt said:
"Religion is a weird topic.
You have people calling us sinners, yet said religion can cause some of the most disgusting crimes known to man.
I believe there is some kind of massive god that created us all, but i tend not to worry about it until my time has come.

"
wow! dude there is only one God. We all are sinners. Repent & ask for forgiveness.
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pibo47

But the bible could be and most likely is flawed by human error.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlindEffekt
ItalyCanadian9 said:
"BlindEffekt said:

"
wow! dude there is only one God. We all are sinners. Repent & ask for forgiveness."
Read my post, i say i only believe in one god.
Not the christian god, as Christians sin as much as anyone.
As for repentance,  Fuck you. I have done nothing wrong.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By brukaoru
Pibo47 said:
"Well how is it that christians are so critical of others for not having the same faith that they have? I think its a hard thing to ask someone to have faith in something that is illogical."
To be fair, it's not just Christians who act like this, other religions also look down upon others. Also, people in general, even those without religion, can be critical of others for not sharing their views.

Also, it really is a stereotype to say that all Christians look down on others, the majority might, but there are some Christians who can get along with everyone and treat everyone with respect.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
DualReaver said:
"Pibo47 said:
"

"
Nice generalization there, not all Christians are like that and I do agree the ones that are shouldn't be so pushy. Although the same goes for Atheists who try to tell Christians what to believe in."
I think it's just funny how so many Christians don't know much about their own religion. You won't believe the number of Christians that I have met that didn't even know their savior's name.
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pibo47
DualReaver said:
"Pibo47 said:
"

"
Nice generalization there, not all Christians are like that and I do agree the ones that are shouldn't be so pushy. Although the same goes for Atheists who try to tell Christians what to believe in."

hmmm....i dont remeber this page being about atheists, and if you going to attack them you shouldnt. Christians and atheists have alot in common.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DualReaver
Pibo47 said:
"But the bible could be and most likely is flawed by human error."
Once again Pibo,
Religion isn't called FACT it's called FAITH.
There is really no point in even arguing this anymore, you're just crapping on someone else's beliefs at this point.
ItalyCanadian9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ItalyCanadian9
BlindEffekt said:
"ItalyCanadian9 said:
"BlindEffekt said:

"
wow! dude there is only one God. We all are sinners. Repent & ask for forgiveness."
As for repentance,  Fuck you. I have done nothing wrong."
Our god is the only one. Sorry you feel that way mate.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HandsomeDead
Pibo47 said:
"

God people, why is it you always say "i know god loves me". You dont even know god exists, wtf is up with that, it drives me freakin nuts. I beleive in god, but i dont know if he loves me, or if he exists. Arent you in the same boat im in? because i think you are, but somehow you guys (mainly christains i am pointing this at) know that god  A) exists B) is loving C) is interacting with the world. I wouldnt be making this post if you guys just thought this stuff, but you all are always presenting thins stuff as facts, thats my problem. So why do you do it?

"
This is a 'quick question'?
ItalyCanadian9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ItalyCanadian9
DualReaver said:
"Pibo47 said:
"But the bible could be and most likely is flawed by human error."
Once again Pibo,
Religion isn't called FACT it's called FAITH.
There is really no point in even arguing this anymore, you're just crapping on someone else s beliefs at this point."
Faith is trust.
BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BlindEffekt
ItalyCanadian9 said:
"BlindEffekt said:
"ItalyCanadian9 said:
"BlindEffekt said:

"
Our god is the only one. Sorry you feel that way mate."
Then explain to me why your not all perfect beings, and you become rather hypocritical about sinning.
Your just being really intolerant, and its because of people like you that i gave up the concept of religion a long time ago.
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pibo47
HandsomeDead said:
"Pibo47 said:
"

God people, why is it you always say "i know god loves me". You dont even know god exists, wtf is up with that, it drives me freakin nuts. I beleive in god, but i dont know if he loves me, or if he exists. Arent you in the same boat im in? because i think you are, but somehow you guys (mainly christains i am pointing this at) know that god  A) exists B) is loving C) is interacting with the world. I wouldnt be making this post if you guys just thought this stuff, but you all are always presenting thins stuff as facts, thats my problem. So why do you do it?

"
This is a 'quick question'?"
Things have gotten a ittle out of control, mainly people not wanting to anwser the question.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DualReaver
Pibo47 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Pibo47 said:
"

"
This is a 'quick question'?"
Things have gotten a ittle out of control, mainly people not wanting to anwser the question."
There is no definitive answer, it's just what Christians believe in you idiot.
Just because you can't fucking tell the difference between faith and fact doesn't mean people are not wanting to answer your question.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By brukaoru
Pibo47 said:
"Things have gotten a ittle out of control, mainly people not wanting to anwser the question."
Like DualReaver has stated multiple times in this thread, it is not about fact, it is about faith. I believe that answers your question.
ItalyCanadian9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ItalyCanadian9
BlindEffekt said:
"ItalyCanadian9 said:
"BlindEffekt said:
"ItalyCanadian9 said:
"BlindEffekt said:

"
Then explain to me why your not all perfect beings, and you become rather hypocritical about sinning.
Your just being really intolerant, and its because of people like you that i gave up the concept of religion a long time ago.
"
Well God is only perfect.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jayge_
ItalyCanadian9 said:
HOLY FUCK IT'S BILLY GRAHAM!
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pibo47

LOOK!! What i want you guys to admit is that you dont KNOW that god loves you, that you dont KNOW god exists! Its that easy, i dont mind that you have faith in something, i have faith in something, i even have faith in god, BUT THE FUCKING PROBLEM IS THAT YOU PEOPLE SOMEHOW KNOW THAT GOD FUCKING EXISTS!!! YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING!!!  The point i am trying fucking hard as hell to make is that nobody, knows anything. Jesus h. Christ you people are dense.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BlindEffekt
ItalyCanadian9 said:
"BlindEffekt said:
"ItalyCanadian9 said:
"BlindEffekt said:
"ItalyCanadian9 said:
"BlindEffekt said:

"
"
Well God is only perfect."
Too bad some of that perfection didn't rub off on you.
Here's some future advice, don't force your religion on others.
thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By thebeast

If you're going to discuss religion, from now on, please read the following:

• Keep it to the Religion forum.
  • Try to keep your arguments within the realm of civility.
  • "I'm right and your wrong." is not how discussions work. If you're going to say anything, make sure you justify your points.
  • Image spam doesn't have a place.
  • Flaming an individual will not be tolerated.

There's nothing wrong with having a debate, even if it gets slightly heated, but observe the above and we'll keep everyone happy.