• 58 results
The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Tolman

Today is day 2 without my wisdom teeth, I really have very little to do with myself because I do not what to show my swollen face in public and I'm still waiting for Scott Pilgrim vs the World and Shank to be released tomorrow. Anyone ever get their wisdom teeth pulled and do you have any suggestions on what I should do? 

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By artofwar420

Don't suck on the holes, and keep the peelz coming in. 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

Ouch. I still need to get mine pulled but I don't want to schedule an appointment. I'm a wuss.  :P

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FunExplosions

High five! Got mine pulled a month ago. The two hours between the initial Novocaine wearing off and waiting for my prescription to be filled was probably the most painful two hours of my life. Even now my jaw still hurts and cracks a little. It apparently takes months for the holes in your jaw bone to heal completely. Oh, and even if your jaw starts to feel better in a week, do not try to eat anything substantial. Stick to soft foods and small meals, or you'll regret it in the morning.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By ReyGitano
@JJWeatherman said:
" Ouch. I still need to get mine pulled but I don't want to schedule an appointment. I'm a wuss.  :P "
My mom never had to get hers pulled out... I'm hoping I end up like that. Two came in halfway, the other two still haven't, and I'm 20.
The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Tolman

the actual pulling of the teeth really isn't that bad, i just brought my iPod and zoned out. It's the aftermath of constant soreness and swelling that sucks. The drugs they gave me help though =D

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
@SlashseveN303 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" Ouch. I still need to get mine pulled but I don't want to schedule an appointment. I'm a wuss.  :P "
My mom never had to get hers pulled out... I'm hoping I end up like that. Two came in halfway, the other two still haven't, and I'm 20. "
I'm 20 too! High five! 

I don't think mine are "all of the way" in either. Not sure exactly how far they're supposed to come in though. They're kinds pushing my other teeth around so I think I'll need to get them pulled eventually.  :(
ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By ReyGitano
@JJWeatherman: Oh yeah, that's bad. Good luck with that when you do go in. Just make sure you're not planning on doing anything for a few days.
Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JJWeatherman said:
" @SlashseveN303 said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
My mom never had to get hers pulled out... I'm hoping I end up like that. Two came in halfway, the other two still haven't, and I'm 20. "
I'm 20 too! High five!  I don't think mine are "all of the way" in either. Not sure exactly how far they're supposed to come in though. They're kinds pushing my other teeth around so I think I'll need to get them pulled eventually.  :( "
up top
PepeSilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By PepeSilvia

20 years old and no signs of a need to pull.. praying every night it never has to happen. The night I turned 18 I had some pains, very weird! But never happened after that :)

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Interfect

I had 7 taken out. Throwing up blood was the worst part.

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Tolman
@Interfect said:
" I had 7 taken out. Throwing up blood was the worst part. "
yeah i was wearing a white shirt yesterday, it is now covered in blood.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iam3green

i got mine out in january. it was pretty boring for the past couple of days. when i got home i slept all day. the next day i was kind of tired. i barely ate anything because i couldn't eat. i was happy when i finally could eat.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By gingertastic_10

Right now, one of my wisdom teeth has come in fine. I don't know about the other one. I think it's planning something.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By GreggD
@JJWeatherman said:
If you get a good surgeon, it won't hurt nearly at all. I had mine pulled several years ago, to a mere itchiness of the gums.
Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spoonman671

I need to get mine pulled.  For some reason it's just the top ones, but they're pushing my teeth inward so it's starting to get crowded.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Why do people get them pulled in the first place? Mine seem fine.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheFreeMan

According to my dentist, my teeth are literally perfect. He says that it's most likely that I won't have to get any alterations/pulling done on any teeth, including my wisdom teeth (I have had three teeth pulled before, though).

When I left the office, I felt like jumping for joy. I'd seen my sister after she got hers pulled and her face was swollen for a week.

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AURON570

I got mine pulled out about a month ago too. I guess drink lots of water even though you're not thirsty, don't want to get exhausted. If you feel like you're about to throw up go to the washroom ASAP and lean over the toilet. Maybe take a nap, i found it really hard to concentrate on anything so I found myself dozing off infront of the TV, maybe watch a movie? I also got headaches really easily, so being in a quite area might be a good idea. I'm sure you know to rinse your mouth with salt water regularly and brush your teeth when comfortable.

Anyways, in a week you'll be 90% better! So just hang in there!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I got mine pulled last friday. Didn't and still don't feel a thing thankfully.
Sure I spit blood for the coming week but besides that doesn't hurt a tick.
The tip seems to be pills and avoid chewing with the pulled side of mouth.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#21  Edited By gla55jAw

I had all 4 of mine pulled a few years ago and I couldn't do anything for a week because my mouth wouldn't stop bleeding and the pain was unbearable haha. I watched tv and slept and probably played some games when I was feeling a little better. Read a book?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@ProjectMayhem: Dude. Weird. I literally just had mine removed (all four!) a week ago.  

Here's to hoping you have a speedy recovery. I sat around, popped Vicodin, and played a lot of games. Eat mashed potatoes, be sure to stay hydrated.  

MESSAGE ME IF YOU NEED MORAL SUPPORT. (It only feels like you've been punched in the face for so long.)
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#23  Edited By Yummylee

I remember when I had two of mine taken out. Still have the other two. The one's taken out, though, I'll never forget...had to be pulled out pretty roughly aswell so I had the horrible sound of a tooth being ravaged of the socket stuck with me forever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Green_Incarnate said:
" Why do people get them pulled in the first place? Mine seem fine. "
I can't remember the number--it's something ridiculous, like seventy percent--but most of the human population have wisdom teeth that grow in incorrectly. Sometimes the teeth are just positioned in the jawbone at weird angles, preventing them from erupting out of the gumline like typical molars (where they'll generally be scraping against the backs of your other teeth, causing serious bone decay and even cavities). Worse still are the wisdom teeth that are positioned perpendicular to the rest of your normal adult teeth. These wisdom teeth, when impacted in your jawbone, can eventually force their way forward and begin to sever the nerves rooting your molars and adult teeth to your mandible jaw.  

Basically, for most people, when wisdom teeth do begin to shift in their mouths, it's incredibly painful. And consistently painful, too. Like a headache that just won't go the fuck away. Not to mention potentially harmful to the person. That's why it's usually best to have them removed at some point before they get ambitious, that way your adult teeth can finally relax in place. 
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By luce

Wisdom teeth and nipple hair.

Two things that Evolution didn't get around to eliminating

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I'm 22 and I think I really need to at least get one of mine pulled. My flatmate is a Dental Hygienist and she assures me it doesn't hurt all that much, but that still doesn't calm my intense fear of Dentists. I HATE DENTISTS.

Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

I was on an insane dosage of Oxycodone after my teeth came out.  I think it was 15 mg every 3-4 hours (and since I was in constant pain, that might as well have said 3).  I think that thing was either a typo, or the result of a lazy doctor who didn't want to run the numbers twice for a dose.  My older brother and I had surgery around the same time, and although we're the same height, he weighed twice what I do in spite of how similar we looked at the time.

First, don't get off your pain pills until it's time.  Once the pain catches up with you, it doesn't like to go away again.  I found myself mildly addicted to mine, but after a night of incoherent and angry rambling I was better.  I had all mine out at once (I only had 3, for some reason).

I had a long road to recovery because I wasn't able to chew or do much of anything for a couple weeks.  I ate bread soaked in Sprite like the doctor ordered -- well, more like drank it -- for a couple weeks, but I wasn't recoverying well until I started drinking Boost (some kind of protein drink).  What I do know is that although things like Slim Fast aren't really a whole meal in a drink, they're a whole lot better than most of my other options were at that point, and they had the stuff I needed to start getting better fast.  I couldn't have milkshakes because my sutures were sensitive to both heat and cold.

Lastly, don't push yourself too hard.  Recovering takes time, and you want to be sure you heal properly.  Take it easy, and don't eat or chew things that make your mouth hurt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodiumCyclops said:
" I'm 22 and I think I really need to at least get one of mine pulled. My flatmate is a Dental Hygienist and she assures me it doesn't hurt all that much, but that still doesn't calm my intense fear of Dentists. I HATE DENTISTS. "
The operation itself is totally painless. Again, I had all four taken out last Monday. They straight-up put me under, no questions asked. It was like going to sleep. In fact, I don't remember anything between first laying down on the operating chair and then waking up in my own bed later that day. 
Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By Levio

Be sure to wash out the gaps in your mouth!

They will fill up with rotting food if you don't.  Use a water squirter (cheap at a pharmacy).

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Mr_Skeleton
@luce said:

"Wisdom teeth and nipple hair.  Two things that Evolution didn't get around to eliminating "

The appendix is also a bitch.
Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cornman89

Man... I need to get all of mine pulled out, and soon too. Hang in there.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Got mine pulled on the day of the Bad Company 2 TNT and still played while still being tired.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By George_Hukas
@JJWeatherman said:

Please, don't put it off!

Anybody who's wisdom teeth are coming in, or have came in and caused pain at least get them checked out! My cousin died 4 months ago from an abscessed molar. His wisdom teeth had came in and caused a little pain, but he refused to see a dentist and eventually the pain went away after the wisdom teeth surfaced. But they grew in at weird angles because there wasn't a lot of room and created a crack in the root of a back molar and eventually it became infected. 

I cannot recommend having them removed enough. I promptly had mine removed shortly after, and while I wasn't experiencing pain myself, I didn't realize the tension those useless freaking teeth created in my jaw.
RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By RTSlord

getting mine pulled wasnt really that bad, just sit around, drink milkshakes/smoothies and play video games all day. apart from not being able to eat any sort of actual food, it was pretty awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ThePhantomnaut: Gerstmann's laugh is fucking glorious. 
CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By CatsAkimbo

You already got through the worst part of getting them pulled.  I actually woke up halfway through my wisdom teeth surgery.  I remember someone's hand on my face and feeling them pulling as hard as they can on something in my mouth, probably getting the tooth out.  Still haunting to think about D:

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vrikk

Lots of soft food. Cold food also helps with the pain, but not freezing since that'll just hurt. 

Don't suck on the holes, try to not grind or chew, and just... well, tough it out. The pain pills they give you will become your best friend for at least a week.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By Scrawnto

I had mine taken out about a year and a half ago. It didn't hurt much, though the valium might have had something to do with that. I basically vegged out on the couch and watched the entire run of Evangelion with my sister, who had hers taken out the same day. I had very minimal swelling though. I didn't even need stitches. The teeth were coming in straight. They just weren't going to come all the way out of the gums and caused irritation.

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Tolman
@Green_Incarnate:
If they grow in wrong, they can push your other teeth and really screw up your mouth. i thought mine were fine too, next thing i know theres a guy with a blade in my mouth cutting my gums open.
jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I got mine pulled a month ago. I woke up the next day not remembering what happened.
According to my friend, I was saying a bunch of increasingly sexist things on the ride back.
So my advice is to avoid people, or else you might say something stupid.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By scarace360

There will be blood.

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Tolman
@luce: yes
CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CastroCasper

A year ago I had all four of mine pulled. It sucked pretty bad. I just spent a lot of time in on the internet, watching TV seasons, and playing games that I had played before. Which ones were pulled? Upper, lower, both? If it is the lower they might want to stuff some gauze in the sockets that have been dipped in cloves after a week or so. They did that to me and any time I come anywhere near cloves or clove cigarettes I want to vomit.

lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By lordbazuco
@ProjectMayhem:
I got mine taken out last month. Boy was that fun. my dad's paranoid and wouldn't even let me take any pain killers. Just Ice it. Since your on day two i dunno. relax? and and enjoy scott pilgrim vs the world and shank too.
The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Tolman
@scarace360: you know i have been drinking alot of milkshakes.
Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kazzurak

What age is normal to get wisdom teeth ? and just to be sure "pulled" you mean pulled them out because of pain right? 

Also im 17 now and i had 2 coming since i were 16 1 of the just broke completely through my tooth meat (woot?)

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Tolman
@Kazzurak: im also 17. They also did not pull them out because of pain, i didnt even notice them, they pulled them because they were not growing in correctly.
Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kazzurak
@ProjectMayhem: Weird i have a long time till ym next dentist appointment but i dunno what he'll say about my wisdom teeth when i get there next time hopefully i get to keep them, i hate dentists even though i never had any real problems with me teeth only a minor infection which just had to be brushed away
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By scarace360
@ProjectMayhem: Ya man i had to drink alot of em when they cut my jaw open and when they fucked around with my tong.