• 129 results
#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I live in the UK, Twinkys are not sold in the UK. A new food shop opened near me and it had a whole bunch of American food, I was going to pick up a box of blueberry pop tarts but then I went and bought a Twinky. And I have to say I really didn't care for it, it wasn't bad, just kinda meh.

Am I a bad person?

#2 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Do they sell Dr. Pepper? I've had some here and it tastes... not that great. Maybe it taste better in America? =/

#3 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba: Dr Pepper is sold in the UK, I find it's an acquired taste.

#4 Posted by billy_batson (20 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

Do they sell Dr. Pepper? I've had some here and it tastes... not that great. Maybe it taste better in America? =/

BLASPHEMY!
BB

#5 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3487 posts) -

I drank a can of Cherry Dr Pepper once... It was bloody terrible!

#6 Posted by gike987 (1759 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:

Dr. Pepper is disgusting no matter where you buy it.
#7 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1233 posts) -

Dr. Pepper is very much a hate/love thing. I love the shit out of it.

I've never had the chance to try a twinkie :(

#8 Posted by N7 (3595 posts) -

I came into this thread fully prepared to share my distaste for the Twinky and all it breaths. But after being met with so much hatred of Dr. Pepper, I will leave this thread and be none the wiser.

Thanks for the offensive disregard for Dr. Pepper and all those who love it you nasty people! Why, I think I may disperse tears!

#9 Posted by punpun (232 posts) -

Twinkies kinda suck yeah

#10 Posted by imsh_pl (3298 posts) -

I like Dr. Pepper.

But I hate Mountain Dew, unless it's ice cold. It tastes like one of those fizzing tablet medicines for kids, just with a ton of sugar. Maybe I we had more flavours I would like it more?

#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Someone take away the "create new thread" button from this madman! Put him out of his misery!

#12 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3067 posts) -

You ate a Twinky!?

You must hate yourself. And pastries.

#13 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

It's like root beer, it tastes slightly weird in any country.

They've been selling Dr Pepper in the UK since the early 90's.

#14 Posted by dudeglove (8022 posts) -

Most North American candy is revolting - especially the chocolate, which is just loaded with vegetable oil and shouldn't even be called chocolate.

#15 Edited by John1912 (1908 posts) -

@Hizang said:

I live in the UK, Twinkys are not sold in the UK. A new food shop opened near me and it had a whole bunch of American food, I was going to pick up a box of blueberry pop tarts but then I went and bought a Twinky. And I have to say I really didn't care for it, it wasn't bad, just kinda meh.

Am I a bad person?

Meh sounds 100% spot on.

*Edit Come to think of it I prob havent had a twinky in 20 years, nor do I know anyone one else who has. Not that it would likely be a topic of discussion. Think they were MUCH more popular in the 80s and early 90s. Pretty much a just for kids food item.

#16 Posted by Droop (1910 posts) -

I had my first Twinky this summer when I was in America. Didn't care for them either, super boring tasting.

#17 Posted by Synaptic (311 posts) -

I used to LOVE Dr. Pepper, but I don't like it nearly as much any more. Coke is my soda of choice, as well as Moxie or ginger ale.

#18 Posted by 9cupsoftea (654 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

Most North American candy is revolting - especially the chocolate, which is just loaded with vegetable oil and shouldn't even be called chocolate.

So true. There's a pungency in hershey chocolate that makes me think an animal died in the mixing vat.

#19 Posted by John1912 (1908 posts) -

@9cupsoftea said:

@dudeglove said:

So true. There's a pungency in hershey chocolate that makes me think an animal died in the mixing vat.

LOL, WTF? Cant say Im a fan of hershey, but that seems a bit harsh. Yea, thats another just good enough to eat candy (for most ppl) I think it says more then enough that Roaches and Twinkies will will survive a nuclear holocaust....

Lulz....http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_twinkies_survive_a_nuclear_explosion

#20 Posted by SMTDante89 (2600 posts) -

I used to like Twinkies when I was a kid, but not so much anymore. If I need a snack and that's all that's readily available, then sure I'll go ahead and eat one, but I don't eat them on a regular basis.

#21 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

Twinkles are ok but nothing special but yes, you are a horrible person.

#22 Posted by dudeglove (8022 posts) -

@John1912 said:

@9cupsoftea said:

@dudeglove said:

LOL, WTF? Cant say Im a fan of hershey, but that seems a bit harsh

Go to Belgium, France, Switzerland - hell, even Germany and eat their stuff. Then come back to the States and try and tell me that greasy crap yanks devour is chocolate.

Fun fact: the reason why Hershey is so big is because it was contracted by the US government back in WWII and made loads of money. Hersheys didn't get rise to fame because it was a good product - it got there because it dominated the market and muscled every other poor fucker out of business.

#23 Edited by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I had a twinky at an import shop. It was edible but really really sickly. It was like having a load of sugary cream injected straight into my blood stream.

And most American chocolate is disgusting.

#24 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

Hmm, I love me the white creamy goo...wait,

oh, twinkies... never mind then, i don't like sweets

#25 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@gike987 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Dr. Pepper is disgusting no matter where you buy it.

Dr. Pepper is really gross.

#26 Posted by Getz (3099 posts) -

Twinkies suck

#27 Posted by Hoffafiles (285 posts) -
#28 Posted by Veektarius (4922 posts) -

Twinkies are a kid thing. However, if you were provided with any of Little Debbie's more 'sophisticated' fare and did not find that tasty, I would be surprised.

#29 Posted by Grilledcheez (3952 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

@John1912 said:

@9cupsoftea said:

@dudeglove said:

Go to Belgium, France, Switzerland - hell, even Germany and eat their stuff. Then come back to the States and try and tell me that greasy crap yanks devour is chocolate.

Fun fact: the reason why Hershey is so big is because it was contracted by the US government back in WWII and made loads of money. Hersheys didn't get rise to fame because it was a good product - it got there because it dominated the market and muscled every other poor fucker out of business.

It's pretty funny that you think we don't know what real chocolate is because we're American. It's also funny that you think the only chocolate available in the biggest market in the history of mankind is fucking hershey's.

#30 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

twinkies aren't that special

#31 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3196 posts) -

Who could possibly hate on Dr. Pepper? It's delicious. When I think of soda, I always think of Dr. Pepper.

#32 Posted by dudeglove (8022 posts) -

@Grilledcheez said:

@dudeglove said:

@John1912 said:

@9cupsoftea said:

@dudeglove said:

It's pretty funny that you think we don't know what real chocolate is because we're American. It's also funny that you think the only chocolate available in the biggest market in the history of mankind is fucking hershey's.

Hershey's is by no means the only offender, but it's certainly obnoxious enough to be the biggest. Do yourself a favour and just put the wrapper down.

#33 Posted by thebatmobile (983 posts) -

I'm from Sweden, and Dr Pepper is awesome. Just putting that out there

#34 Posted by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

But how can hate something that tastes like everything at the same time? Do you hate everything? This is EVIL!

Also HIzang, you're not a terrible person for eating your first Twinkie. You're terrible if you eat another one down the line knowing full well what's coming for you.

#35 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

Twinkies are gross, dude. So are most of the other 'little debbie' type snacks, pop-tarts, almost all of that processed sugary boxed shit that's filling the pantry right now. You're really not missing much. (Though I'm on the pro-Dr. Pepper side of the debate- love that shit).

#36 Posted by GunstarRed (5308 posts) -

I've been curious what a Twinky tastes like ever since seeing Ghostbusters.

I used to love the hell out of Dr Pepper but in the last year or so I'm convinced theyve changed something in the way it tastes.

#37 Posted by Sparklykiss (1983 posts) -

Twinkies are gross. So are Sno Balls. Sno Balls will never be good no matter how cute they look on the outside...

But this Dr. Pepper hate? That hurts.

#38 Posted by Dunchad (501 posts) -

Never eaten a Twinkie, so can't comment on that.

But Dr. Pepper started showing up in Finnish stores some years back and I absolutely loved it from the beginning. More recent "acquisitions" are Welch's grape soda and some cream soda - though it's only select stores that have those. I like both of them, though you can only stomach one cream soda every once in a while - it's really sweet.

#39 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Don't worry guys, I just read an article, and found out that “Twinkies are not sentient in any way we can understand.”

I can finally stop worrying!

#40 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

It's hard to find a tasty Twinkie. I'm not sure why. Sno Balls are the same way. But when they are fresh and fluffy, damn they're good. As for the soda debate, all soda tasted different to me when I was in Europe, especially orange Fanta. I love Dr. Pepper here, but I didn't see any in Europe to try.

#41 Posted by awe_stuck (800 posts) -

@N7 said:

I came into this thread fully prepared to share my distaste for the Twinky and all it breaths. But after being met with so much hatred of Dr. Pepper, I will leave this thread and be none the wiser. Thanks for the offensive disregard for Dr. Pepper and all those who love it you nasty people! Why, I think I may disperse tears!

Dr. Pepper is what you drink when you cant find Cherry Cola. Hello, Canada

#42 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -
@imsh_pl said:
I like Dr. Pepper.  But I hate Mountain Dew, unless it's ice cold. It tastes like one of those fizzing tablet medicines for kids, just with a ton of sugar. Maybe I we had more flavours I would like it more?
I think you're referring to that Adrenaline shit they've been pumping on our shelves since 2010.
#43 Edited by John1912 (1908 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

@John1912 said:

@9cupsoftea said:

@dudeglove said:

While it dont dispute Hershey is shit chocolate, I really dont see why you would expect it to be anything more then that. Its bottom of the barrel cheap brand name convenience store candy. Candy fucking candy. Its cheap bullshit. If you want anything decent you go to a specialty shop. Believe me. No one is running around America touting Hershey as the worlds best chocolate. No one gives two shit about Hershey. Or maybe they do after eating their dead animal vat flavor......

#44 Edited by Deleth (250 posts) -

I haven't eaten a single Twinky so far, am I a bad person?

#45 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I've said it before but a Twinky tastes like nothing at all. It's bland.

And about Dr. Pepper, that thing just tastes disgusting around here, like some idiot decided to put Marzipan in it just for release in Denmark. I don't know who would think of something that stupid.

Then again, looking at where the thing originally came from I can't say I'm that surprised.

#46 Posted by spankingaddict (2707 posts) -

Twinkies are gross. Dr. Pepper is awesome. THAT IS ALL

#47 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

Yeah twinkies were always kind of average so you are not far off in that regard. Dr. Pepper on the other hand is pretty good. It might be the fact I'm from where its made though.

#48 Posted by DarkShaper (1341 posts) -

I live in the States and I also don't like twinkies, Snowballs on the other hand...

#49 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I like how this topic Is now mainly about Dr Pepper.

#50 Posted by benpicko (2011 posts) -

I've not tried a twinkie before, but I'll agree with everyone who says American chocolate is terrible.