Just Heard Pink Floyd's "Animals"

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

It's funny, I always considered myself a Pink Floyd fan, but only really knew the material from "The Wall" ,"Dark Side of the Moon", and "Wish You Were Here". It wasn't until a few weeks ago when a friend and I were hanging out that I heard "Sheep" and realized what I was missing. I listened to Animals in its entirety last night, and it's quickly has become one of my favorite albums from any band, despite only having 5 songs on it.  

What do you guys think? What's your favorite song? 

Mine is definetly Sheep, I love the way Waters' voice turns into the keyboard in the first few verses....Amazing.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Lies

I have a copy of Animals on a CD in my car despite it having no CD player. Not entirely sure why this is.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Fantastic album, though my heart still belongs with Wish You Were Here.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By pweidman

Epic album indeed, and I like 'Dogs'  just as much.  TC, you need to also listen to some of their earlier stuff, like Atom Heart Mother, Ummagumma, Meddle, and A Saucerful of Secrets.  More psychedelic but just as brilliant and not to be missed imo.   
BTW, which one's Pink???????
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Bruce

I'm not a fan of any of their stuff except for The Wall.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Emilio

Dude, Animals is fucking epic. Sheep is probably the best song in the album besides Dogs. Then Pigs, then Pigs on the Wing I & II.
I played Sheep for a friend one time and he totally spaced out and fell in love with it.

raggedglory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By raggedglory

Underrated masterpiece sandwiched between two 'hailed classics.'  Better than "Wish You Were Here" in my opinion.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By kmdrkul

<3 Pigs

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By xyzygy

the outro to Sheeo is EPIC!

af7lm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By af7lm

Piper at the Gates Dawn ftw..... i really enjoy the crazy lyrics and nonsensical sound of Floyd before they got rid of Syd Barrett.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Whats magical about Floyd is that they have several faces. you might spend your life thinking you're a fan, being familiar with a face or two, then you discover the rest and get overwhelmed! 
 to me, Pink Floyd are (1)the Syd Barret era with the early sound and first album, (2)the era where they started experimenting and writing weird ass shit  (3)the most famous era where they created GOLD from Dark Side of The Moon til The Wall and (4) the last two albums without Roger Waters... a new modern sound. 

Anyway, Animals happens to be my number 1 favorite Floyd album, i spent long nights listening to its charming progressiveness and wallowing in the sweet sound and atmosphere it created around me. Dogs is my favorite track cuz of the guitar work.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24

Animals is good....I forgot the songs honestly I just listen to it as an album. I only know a few songs off The Wall and I listened to that God only knows how many times. But yes, it is a pretty great album.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By breadfan

I was never really a Pink Floyd fan until my friend let me borrow his copy of the album about a year ago and now my iPod is packed with Pink Floyd albums