• 51 results
#1 Posted by ChristianConservativeVinny (95 posts) -

in Austin Texas, walking east on Riverside past the HEB

hi

#2 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

I wasn't that guy but I'm also in Austin so I wanna say hi to that guy too.

#3 Posted by Nightriff (4866 posts) -

I haven't been recognized with mine, guess that's what you get for wearing it while walking around BYU Idaho, someone has asked me if they are a terrorist group though....idiot

#4 Posted by StarFoxA (5137 posts) -

I saw someone at Disney World with a Giant Bomb tee when I was there a couple weeks back. He disappeared into the crowd before I could high five him though.

#5 Edited by Lord_Xp (602 posts) -

I need me one of these mystical "Giant Bomb" hoodies. Just because I want random people to just high five me. Minus terrorists. I don't want them to high five me.

#6 Edited by TooWalrus (13130 posts) -

I love your username, OP. I'd like to see some actual photos of these hoodies, I'm thinking about buying one.

#7 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Why did you not shoot him?

Shoot him with your love, that is.

#8 Edited by bushpusherr (760 posts) -

Really surprised I haven't drawn any attention walking around DigiPen with mine. For anyone curious about them - they are super comfy.

#10 Posted by Subjugation (4716 posts) -

@nightriff: Equally quiet in Provo. Some of my roommates asked what Lincoln Force is, but I told them it was complicated.

#11 Edited by Nightriff (4866 posts) -

@subjugation said:

@nightriff: Equally quiet in Provo. Some of my roommates asked what Lincoln Force is, but I told them it was complicated.

Thought at least ONE person would recognize and yell "I'M A WIZARD!" or something but nope

#12 Posted by MB (11894 posts) -

Was it this hoodie?

Moderator Online
#13 Posted by RobotHamster (4170 posts) -

Never seen one in the wild, I've worn my bomb shirt many times but have never been recognized.

#14 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (388 posts) -

I wear my flight club shirt all the time, but no one's ever said anything to me. Being that the college I go to has an aviation program, I do get some weird looks because of it which I find pretty amusing.

#15 Posted by Jrinswand (1695 posts) -

There's a duder who hangs out in one of the buildings I frequent at Auburn University all the time, but I've never said anything to him.

#16 Edited by living4theday258 (678 posts) -

@mb:

read the image......

EDIT: also look at my coloring skills

#17 Posted by MB (11894 posts) -

@living4theday258: It's part of a necklace, bro. Girls in real life sometimes wear them.

Moderator Online
#18 Posted by Subjugation (4716 posts) -

@mb: I thought it was the stitches they used the keep the head on the torso.

#19 Posted by WalkerD (461 posts) -

@living4theday258: Clearly where her head has been sewn back on. Any necklace excuses are just a cover.

#20 Edited by ajamafalous (11812 posts) -

It wasn't me but I also live in Austin

Hello

#21 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

Well....this thread got kind of hostile all of sudden...

#22 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Men can't wear necklaces?

#23 Posted by Miketakon (513 posts) -

@mb said:

Was it this hoodie?

<>

#24 Posted by Ekami (252 posts) -

That v has gone dangerously deep and I fear the worst

#25 Edited by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

I've been approached twice by people at school while wearing my hoodie.

#26 Posted by Sanity (1890 posts) -

I live in rural PA, so fat chance of anyone know what Giant Bomb is.

#27 Posted by notdavid (815 posts) -

Why did you not shoot him?

Shoot him with your love, that is.

Dude. You can't shoot your love in public.

#28 Edited by abrasion (111 posts) -

@mb:

read the image......

Sorry to bump an old thread but what is this picture of?
Is that the hoody with a zip? Is it an old picture or a new picture? or a jacket? I'm lost here

If I look at this picture here
http://store.giantbomb.com/collections/frontpage/products/giant-bomb-logo-hoodie-new

I don't like how MAMMOTH the GIANT BOMB logo is, it's not particularly subtle - whereas whatever you're posting a pic of here, looks much better
So if I order a hoody, what will arrive? What I linked to or this hoody / jacket / zip combo thing which looks better (albeit, upside down)

Thanks all, hope someone can reply.

#29 Posted by abrasion (111 posts) -

Actually here's 2 better shots.

This one? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-7zutGCcAEXuFV.jpg

or this one? http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/0/431/797024-hoodie_1s.jpg

#30 Edited by LiquidPrince (15834 posts) -

@mb:

read the image......

A necklace... I don't even... what the hell did you think it was?

#31 Posted by CornBREDX (4754 posts) -

Wo

This is freaky

I never saw this forum thread but I just moved from that exact location about a month ago a few blocks away (bought a house, yay me)

It was probably me. I totally have a Giant bomb hoodie as well!

#32 Edited by zFUBARz (620 posts) -

Ninja bump solves the mystery!

#33 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2408 posts) -

Shoulda bought him a beer

#34 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -

If it was the OG logo tee...

#35 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

@abrasion said:

@living4theday258 said:

@mb:

read the image......

Sorry to bump an old thread but what is this picture of?

Is that the hoody with a zip? Is it an old picture or a new picture? or a jacket? I'm lost here

If I look at this picture here

http://store.giantbomb.com/collections/frontpage/products/giant-bomb-logo-hoodie-new

I don't like how MAMMOTH the GIANT BOMB logo is, it's not particularly subtle - whereas whatever you're posting a pic of here, looks much better

So if I order a hoody, what will arrive? What I linked to or this hoody / jacket / zip combo thing which looks better (albeit, upside down)

Thanks all, hope someone can reply.

I'm pretty sure its the one in the one in the store's photo. I would say that Giant Bomb logo was put on somehow? Or maybe it was before my time here.

#36 Posted by CornBREDX (4754 posts) -

@abrasion: The hoodie I got is the most recent one which does not have a zipper and has a large Giant Bomb logo on the front (which a lot of us have been asking for for a while so that's why I got it like... end of last year or something).

I assume if they are still selling hoodies it's probably the zipper-less one that I have. I will get a pic if you want.

#37 Posted by vorpalparasite (271 posts) -
#38 Posted by Inkerman (1448 posts) -
#39 Posted by abrasion (111 posts) -

I'm not really a hoody person - but the zip one is vastly better - I want something kind of subtle, I'm in my mid 30's you know? Not some GIANT LOGO SAYING I LOVE WEIRD THINGS HEY GUYS.

I'll skip I guess - maybe they'll bring it back eventually?

#41 Posted by MB (11894 posts) -

@abrasion: That hoodie was a "special edition" not available for purchase, there were only about 50 of them made for staff & friends of the site back in the early days. This was around 2009.

Moderator Online
#44 Posted by abrasion (111 posts) -

For those interested, there seems to be discussions about changing the hoody.

https://twitter.com/frailgesture/status/403348367587020801 <- let him know your thoughts if you'd like a zipper based hoodie (pull overs blowwwwwwwwwwww) - I'd gladly pay like $20 more for a better lined zippable hoodie with a nice, subtle logo in the corner.

#45 Posted by big_jon (5708 posts) -

Hi

#46 Edited by AgnosticJesus (539 posts) -

I'd order one but I'm afraid the sizing will be all fucked and I'll be left with an unwearable piece of clothing. Been burned too many times ordering clothes online.

#47 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

The current hoodies are really really good. They're super, super thick and are of great quality. But yeah, I would have much rather a zipper hoodie version.

#48 Posted by TheHT (10804 posts) -

Zipper hoodie (I still call them pull overs) is the way to go. Maybe put the BOMB on the back or cut it in half on the front. Looks dumb shrunk down and pasted on one side. Or be all different and put it on the bottom on a side (don't do that).

Man that Zaxxon logo is so good. It's the one shirt I had to buy. Luckily they sent me two!

#49 Posted by Sammo21 (3203 posts) -

I wore mine out one time and got a couple of comments, but they were people who don't participate in the community. I typically don't like to wear the hoodie since its a pullover and doesn't have a zipper. However, when its super cold I think its pretty comfortable.

#50 Edited by Embryonic (136 posts) -

I saw a guy in a giant bomb T in Manchester, England.

Hello to you, sir.