• 59 results
Frostily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Frostily

I am at a McDonald's grabbing lunch turn to leave, and there is a employee sitting cross legged under the toy display with a lit blowtorch going over a loose pipe no safety gear just torching. In the middle of the customer area and no one is paying any attention to this. Am I crazy thinking that this is crazy?

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jdh5153

Seems pretty legitl to me.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

You are crazy for eating at McDonalds to be honest.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Toxeia

I imagine if you eat at McDonald's, dying from a gas-leak explosion isn't high on your list of worries.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By TyCobb

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

Especially with their ads today. They make all of their food look fake and just unappealing whenever they show something new. I swear their commercial make me not want to eat there. Carl's on the other hand... their burgers always look so good on TV.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RazielCuts

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

Frostily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Frostily

I will agree on poor food choices forgot my lunch at home :(

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#8  Edited By Kidavenger

What exactly do you think is going to happen?

I'm all for safety, but it seems like the regulations are going overboard now.

Adults are more protected now than toddlers were 30 years ago and if you are at work, you'd better wear every piece of safety gear ever invented to keep you safe so you can go kill yourself rock climbing on the weekend.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Scooper

Haha that's pretty funny.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RazielCuts

@Scooper: Oh shit! Where's your avatar from?! I remember him, wasn't he called 'The Head'? or something like that, on an art kids show in the UK. I don't think it was Art Attack with Neil Buchanan, was it?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CaLe

McDonald's do great coffee.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShadowConqueror

McDonald's is great, you guys.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Raven10

Well I'm sure he broke about 500 company rules, but unless he blows everyone up I don't think customers have much to worry about. Did you try their new, what was it? Bacon Cheddar burger? Or was that Burger King?

Also, I would recommend Wendy's. They no longer put it on the menu but ask for the triple baconator. Best burger in fast food.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By NMC2008

Fucking McDonalds haters everywhere, I love McDonalds, I just hate how expensive their Filet O'Fish has gotten, fucking dicks. lol

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By super2j

@Kidavenger said:

Adults are more protected now than toddlers were 30 years ago and if you are at work, you'd better wear every piece of safety gear ever invented to keep you safe so you can go kill yourself rock climbing on the weekend.

Well a company has to make sure everything is as safe as possible because if a customer can sue McDonalds for giving her "hot" coffee without telling her its hot, then I am sure using a blow torch without protection is a much more riskier endeavor in the courts. Also, I dont go rockclimbing so i would appreciate it if someone had me be careful, especially if there is a potential to injure myself. It is ultimately better to be safe then sorry. If something did happen, you are the one to suffer, right? While you are correct that the amount of safety we have for some things are excessive but I am sure someone somewhere almost died because of not having that thing.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By Yummylee

@RazielCuts said:

@Scooper: Oh shit! Where's your avatar from?! I remember him, wasn't he called 'The Head'? or something like that, on an art kids show in the UK. I don't think it was Art Attack with Neil Buchanan, was it?

I'm 98% that you're correct. Fucking choking on the nostalgia over here!... Such a fun show. I was always too lazy to actually attempt all of the models and drawings ect., but I loved to watch it all the same. The Big Art Attack segment in particular was always my favourite.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Justin258

IMcDonald's comes in handy when I need cheap food fast. I don't hate them.
On topic, most people have probably noticed but aren't saying anything because a) no one else has and b) it hasn't hurt anyone thus far.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@Kidavenger said:

I can see the idea that regulations have gone overboard to a point, but don't you think it's maybe a little much for someone to be sitting there welding with no safety gear? I mean the thing that's going to happen is probably nothing, but the thing that could happen is him severely hurting himself and maybe even other people. It's not like this kind of thing doesn't happen even when people do use safety gear, and if he had hurt himself or others we'd be sitting here saying "Well, it was dumb to not wear any safety gear".

Frostily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Frostily

Holding the thing you are blow torching with one hand and torch I'm the other is dumb as fuck

Frostily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Frostily
@Frostily
Holding the thing you are blow torching with one hand and torch I'm the other is dumb as fuck
In fucking iPhone
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King

@super2j said:

if a customer can sue McDonalds for giving her "hot" coffee without telling her its hot

There's FAR more to the case than that.

NeVeRMoRe666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NeVeRMoRe666

I think the biggest issue with this is that McDonald's is primarily known as a kid restaurant, there's a ton of toddlers running around. A person with a blow torch wielding the toy case shut is probably a recipe for disaster.

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ModernAlkemie

Sounds like the guy was just doing some basic soldering. I think using a blowtorch is likely less dangerous than working the deep fat fryer or cooking over one of the stoves.

He certainly wasn't welding and wouldn't require a face mask with a filtered viewing port. Gloves and some goggles would be a good idea, but even holding what you are working on isn't a huge danger as long as you don't have your hand right next to the flame. The torch provides pretty localized heating and you would feel the metal getting warm before you were in any sort of danger of getting a burn.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rainbowkisses

@Video_Game_King said:

@super2j said:

if a customer can sue McDonalds for giving her "hot" coffee without telling her its hot

Holy cow, third degree burns. Why would coffe be that hot?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Rainbowkisses said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@super2j said:

Holy cow, third degree burns. Why would coffe be that hot?

Here's why.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sploder

@RazielCuts said:

Rofl I just had the exact same reaction! I did a fucking double take and then the nostalgia just came pouring in. Art Attack, man. Holy shit.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Kyreo

@believer258 said:

IMcDonald's comes in handy when I need cheap food fast.

Same here. I'm poor and often times hungry. McDonalds will do. I am not above eating there. Also, Mickey D's is rad in Germany. Nothing like the American outlets.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gargantuan

Soldering pipes doesn't require any safety gear. Hell, even in school we didn't need to use gloves and at work no one cares. Welding requires gloves and a mask though.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By JasonR86

What was the pipe for? Hopefully not gas. Then that shit would be crazy.

trav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By trav

@super2j said:

@Kidavenger said:

Well a company has to make sure everything is as safe as possible because if a customer can sue McDonalds for giving her "hot" coffee without telling her its hot, then I am sure using a blow torch without protection is a much more riskier endeavor in the courts. Also, I dont go rockclimbing so i would appreciate it if someone had me be careful, especially if there is a potential to injure myself. It is ultimately better to be safe then sorry. If something did happen, you are the one to suffer, right? While you are correct that the amount of safety we have for some things are excessive but I am sure someone somewhere almost died because of not having that thing.

To be fair, the woman that was scalded was somewhat elderly, had 3rd degree burns covering a large portion of her inner thighs, and only sued for damages that would assist her in paying for the medical bills that resulted in the accident. Once McDonald's refused to assist in this small way, things got out of hand.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By gaminghooligan

haha sounds like McDonalds!

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By inkerman

The McDonald's cheeseburger is still the pinnacle of the lower caste of fast food. And by that I mean it's fucking amazing.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By supermonkey122

Fuck you guys I love McDonalds.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MiniPato

Everyone eats at McDonalds, even people who hate McDonalds.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By TheHT

This blowtorch employee, do you see them often? In your own home? Does s/he ever tell you to do things? I think maybe you shouldn't listen to them.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

It's what the kids play with today. I blame Obama.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Scooper

@Sploder said:

@RazielCuts said:

Rofl I just had the exact same reaction! I did a fucking double take and then the nostalgia just came pouring in. Art Attack, man. Holy shit.

Hahaha. Art Attack was great. I'm going to set my ringtone as the themetune I think

Great way to derail a thread lol

farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By farmer

: Art Attack. a.k.a. 101 things you can make with "loo roll"

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By renmckormack

OSHA has a bunch to say about this.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By renmckormack

@Gargantuan said:

Soldering pipes doesn't require any safety gear. Hell, even in school we didn't need to use gloves and at work no one cares. Welding requires gloves and a mask though.

Open flame work does not require gear?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By fattony12000

@Yummylee said:

@RazielCuts said:

I'm 98% that you're correct. Fucking choking on the nostalgia over here!... Such a fun show. I was always too lazy to actually attempt all of the models and drawings ect., but I loved to watch it all the same. The Big Art Attack segment in particular was always my favourite.

That is, and always has been, correct.

No Caption Provided
renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By renmckormack

also if he nicks the plastic you got black smoke all over the place. Im not a nervous ninny and probaly nothing happened, but its pretty dumb.

WELDING, CUTTING, AND HEATING IN WAY OF PRESERVATIVE COATINGS - §1926.354

Before welding, cutting, or heating is commenced on any surface covered by a preservative coating whose flammability is not known, a test shall be made by a competent person to determine its flammability. Preservative coatings shall be considered to be highly flammable when scrapings burn with extreme rapidity.

When coatings are determined to be highly flammable, they shall be stripped from the area to be heated to prevent ignition.

Protection against toxic preservative coatings:

• In enclosed spaces, all surfaces covered with toxic preservatives shall be stripped of all toxic coatings for a distance of at least 4 inches from the area of heat application, or the employees shall be protected by air line respirators meeting the requirements of Subpart E.
tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By tourgen

@Frostily: a blowtorch? so they were cutting steel with oxy-accetaline? because I seriously doubt that is what was going on. Do you mean a mapgas tank from home depot and they were brazing a pipe? that's about as dangerous as a pair of sharp scissors.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By renmckormack

Also i thought that the was actually going to say the guy was blazing up in front of the toy display. I didn't know that we would be talking about welding and stuff.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Gargantuan

@RenMcKormack said:

@Gargantuan said:

Open flame work does not require gear?

Do you need safety gear when using a lighter or barbeque?

Frostily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Frostily
@tourgen Can't say I can say this guy had no idea what he was doing and it was not a copper pipe and had been painted at some point.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By penguindust

You can't weld with such a little flame...stupid kids.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mandude

It sounds just slightly less dangerous than the food.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sanity

@Gamer_152 said:

@Kidavenger said:

I can see the idea that regulations have gone overboard to a point, but don't you think it's maybe a little much for someone to be sitting there welding with no safety gear? I mean the thing that's going to happen is probably nothing, but the thing that could happen is him severely hurting himself and maybe even other people. It's not like this kind of thing doesn't happen even when people do use safety gear, and if he had hurt himself or others we'd be sitting here saying "Well, it was dumb to not wear any safety gear".

He wasn't welding, it sounds like he was soldering a pipe, i'v done that in many times and honestly what kind of gear do you want him to wear? Im sure hes not quite up to OSHA regulations but fuck OSHA. If people followed all there bullshit no one would ever get anything done. Also... its not exactly that dangerous of a job, id agree if he was actually putting other people in danger but it was harmless assuming it was a water or heating pipe.

Clearly a lot of people on this site never done some home improvement.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Karkarov

I don't know dude, what was he doing exactly? Sealing something with a blow torch? Other than protective glasses to cover his eyes (maybe) he really isn't in any danger unless he turns the thing on himself or does something patently stupid. Personally I would have maybe waited until after closing hours to see it fixed if it was something that wasn't a big deal but who knows what he was fixing?

I mean I just watched a video on tested today where they were showing the basics of welding and they full on said "I weld only with safety glasses, you might want gloves but if you don't mind the sparks and a little pain it is fine". Then proceeded to do a few fast weld examples using nothing but a safety mask.