Just saw Terminator: Salvation! (please mark spoilers if posted)

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Commando

I just saw the midnight debut of the movie. It went from 12:00 to 2:15 CST, but the movie didn't really start until 12:15 because of previews. I thought it was a pretty good movie. I wouldn't say it's awesome, but it was definitely worth $8.00. I'm about to post 3 spoiler things. The beginning of spoilers will be marked with ********* and the end of spoilers will be marked with ///////////.

The first one is VERY light spoilers: just the date the movie takes place, cast, etc... 
If you want to find out these things in the movie, then don't read it, but I won't give away any of the plot in the first spoiler.

The second spoiler will be a general plot of the movie, but I won't give away the ending. It's basically the trailer you saw, except in words that explain it. I won't give away any secrets or how they resolve anything, but I'll give a general plot.
If you haven't seen the trailer, watch it before you read spoiler number 2.

The third spoiler will give away a little more than I think you'll wanna know, unless you've already seen it. I wouldn't read the third spoiler unless you've seen it.

***********SPOILER #1(CAST, DATE ETC...)**************

Arnold makes an appearance in the movie, but only for a short time. It's also not really him, he's computer generated. He doesn't say anything. Everyone in the theater started cheering when he showed up for the brief 2 minutes.

The movie takes place in 2018, quite a long time after the war starts(if you've seen the first 3). It's quite a while after Terminator 3.

////////////END SPOILER #1//////////////

*********SPOILER #2************

If you saw the trailer, you'll know that there's a machine that thinks he's human in the movie. The movie basically revolves around this finding. The machines want to use him, but John Connor also wants to use him.
John Connor is not the official leader of the resistance, but almost everyone considers him the leader. Whatever he says goes with most people, except for the actual official leaders. 
The movie takes place before the terminators that look like humans actually exist in numbers. So it is before Reese's flashbacks in the first Terminator movie(the guy that fucks Sarah Connor in the first Terminator movie, and protects her from Arny, remember). There is really only one machine in the movie that looks human(sort of 2, but you'll see what I mean).

///////////END SPOILER #2//////////////////

***********SPOILER #3**************

This is either for the people who've already seen it, or the people who don't care if they're spoiled.

That chick that befriends the android(human/robot) is hot as shit. Anyone else think so? The whole time, I thought she was gonna get with him(in bed). I just thought that'd be really gross, and he'd really hurt her if they did.

Also, I thought the movie was great, up until the heart transplant at the end. John Connor would have to have the same blood type as the android, and have the technology to do that in the middle of a desert. What are the odds? 

And, I really thought John Connor was going to be killed. Remember when Arnold told him that he was the one who killed him(in one of the older terminators, I think Terminator 3)? Well, Arnold stabbed a freaking metal rod through his chest, so and Arnold's supposed to kill him, so I figured John Connor was dead. But John Connor is supposed to give Reese a picture of his mom before he dies, so I guess he can't die yet.

One question. Since the leaders of the resistance are dead, does that mean John Connor is now the official leader?

////////////////END SPOILER #3///////////////////

Comments? Questions? Remember, please mark spoilers if you're gonna post them. And if you quote me, make sure you mark spoilers before the quote. It was a great movie, and people have been anticipating it, so don't ruin it for them.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

In a nutsell, (I didn't read any of this), is the movie good?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Originally, John Connor WAS supposed to die, and the machine-Pinocchio was going to take his flesh and his identity, but the ending was leaked and the film's director scrapped the ending in order to keep the fanbase on its toes.

I figured, if they could sell it, I'd dig that ending. This ending was just garbage. Talk about copping out. 

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AngeTheDude

I was really let down by this movie. It was really boring. The action and everything was just subpar. Fuck McG.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By teh_destroyer

Who is McG anyways? Never heard of the guy. I wish Jonathan Mostow came back for the 4th one.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By TheHBK

Fuck Jonathan Mostow, that fool made too many mistakes with the franchise and the lore in the 3rd movie.  I liked the movie, arnie being in it is great.  It brings up the question, why dont they just make the new movies with Digi-Arnold in them?
Spoilers
I think the reworked ending is just better, because it kinda flips everything around how this other Terminator becomes John Connor and makes you feel like shit, that guy in 2 and 3 wasnt shit.  This is the real savior.    But it is weak to introduce a new character in the 4th movie as the real savior.  I think they could have done a better job adressing the fact that the T-800 Arnie terminators were not supposed to come online until 2029 or a few years before, 2018, especially since Judgement Day started late from T3, is too early.  Though John seems some what surprised.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By toowalrus
TheHBK said:
Fuck Jonathan Mostow, that fool made too many mistakes with the franchise and the lore in the 3rd movie.  I ... [more]
The future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By zityz

I've never seen Terminator 3 nor I don't know if I want to see this one. I enjoyed the first 2 and left it at that

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By thegoldencat7
zityz said:
I've never seen Terminator 3 nor I don't know if I want to see this one. I enjoyed the first ... [more]
God I wish I had. The Terminator telling someone to "talk to the hand. " The horror...
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Black_Rose
teh_destroyer said:
Who is McG anyways? Never heard of the guy. I wish Jonathan Mostow came back for the 4th one. [more]
He's the director of the two Charlie's Angels movies and the main reason why I won't waste my money on this movie.