Just saw "The Campaign"

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Xeirus

So me and my lady were looking for a movie to watch for our little date night and we were going to see Batman, (I've already seen it, but she hasn't). See as Batman is about 3 hours long, we thought something a little shorter would be a good idea. I had only seen one very small trailer for The Campaign, but I love the character of "Seth" Galifianakis, Will Ferrall has been getting on my nerves in the past couple of years so I have yet to see a movie he's been in, in a while. But I figured we would give it a shot.

The movie is fantastic, plain and simple. It's completely dumb and over the top, and it does have some jabs at real like politics, but it's one of the first times WIll Ferrell hasn't annoyed me in a long time. Yeah he is doing the same voice and character type from Taladega Nights, but I guess since it's been so long it just doesn't bother me.

I had read some really mixed reviews before going to see it, and I was concerned that it wouldn't hold up. But for anyone on the fence don't listen to bad reviews, go check it out, I expect anyone cool enough to be on GB will love this movie!

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By habster3

Nice to hear something good about this movie. Danke

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nightriff

@Xeirus: That's what I expected it to be, dumb but fun, exactly the type of mood I am in so going to try and take the wife this week and see it. Thanks duder.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Xeirus

@Nightriff: My lady was cry-laughing in some parts, it's got some semi-offensive stuff in there, but as long as you're not easily offended you will love it.

There was one (user) review about it saying they walked out at a certain scene involving talking about God, which made me nervous. But the part came and went and it was nothing... just makes me crazy when people overreact. Though, it's rated R for a reason, haha.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iam3green

well that is good news. i didn't think it looked that good. i am a fan of will ferral, his pretty funny.

i haven't seen batman either.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Xeirus

@iam3green: The thing about the new Batman is, on its own it's a damn good movie. But compared to the previous one it's not as good. Just go in knowing that.

If you like Will Ferrell, this is more of his usual, but I had been avoiding him for a while as I had been just exposed to way too much of him at once. It seemed like every month was a new movie. If you like his previous work though, you will love this.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By gaminghooligan

@Xeirus: Yea dude exactly, they are both awesome movies, DK is just a little better. It's that Joker v. Batman ultimate rival awesomeness that gives it the edge.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShaggE

Good to hear. I'd rather this were another Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly teamup, but Zach Galafiaspellcheck is fine by me. Looking forward to seeing it.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By confusedowl

Glad to hear this. I'm going to see it tonight and I'm pretty excited. Lately I've only been watching serious movies so a good comedy will be a nice break.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Deranged

Well that's good to hear, might actually watch it then, even though I thought the trailer was fantastically hilarious.

itchynoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By itchynoodle

It seems like Will Ferrell is playing the same character over and over, but is getting less annoying each time. Good to hear about this one!

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By AssInAss

Still best comedy this year is and will be 21 JUMP STREET.

But glad to hear this is funny too.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Barrock

Enjoyed it. Incredibly absurd but not as absurd as some of the truths the jokes are based upon.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kmdrkul

It was the first movie with Will Ferrell that I've enjoyed in a good three, maybe even four, years. Funny stuff.

tutuboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By tutuboy95

Great movie. It was stupid, yet a Satire at the same time. I couldn't get enough of it. I think, though, that I laughed most when Wolf Blitzer and the other guys reported all the stupid stuff Will Ferrell's character was doing in-movie. I wonder how they could sustain from laughter.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187

@AssInAss said:

That movie was moderately funny.

The Campaign is like taking Anchorman, Step Brothers, and The Other Guys to another level of ridiculously hilarious excellence.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BraveToaster

I might check it out later this week. 21 Jump Street was okay, but I think Ted was better.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Hunter5024

Been kind of a bad couple years for comedy in my opinion so I was keeping my eye on this, being a little cautious cause I really don't care for political humor. Glad to hear it's funny.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By AssInAss

@jakob187 said:

@AssInAss said:

That movie was moderately funny.

The Campaign is like taking Anchorman, Step Brothers, and The Other Guys to another level of ridiculously hilarious excellence.

Pfft, that sounds like a lot of hyperbole :P But hey, comedy is one of the most subjective genres, so I'll ask people who I trust who've seen both.