Just when I thought I was safe, I have something to bitch about.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Devil240Z

I finally got a job. Not a great job but a job none the less and its full time at that. 32+ hours per week.

BUT, my last remaining bank account has been closed due to being negative. I was unemployed for almost a year. There was nothing I could do about it. A week ago my account was fine, negative $25 but still active. I at the earliest possible time set up my direct deposit(today) only to find out that my account was closed a few days ago. I'm fucked. chexsystems has me black listed. no bank will allow me to open an account. How do I get paid. How do I pay my bills. How do I become a real person now? I'm trying to become an adult but everything is working against me. my only "mistake" was having a bank account while not having any money. WHAT FUCKING CRIME IS THAT?

I know I am a good person, so why is this happening to me?

[venting off steam]

I know I come off looney. I'm just so frustrated. my life is supposed to be changing for the better. I'm trying so hard.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

I finally got a job. Not a great job but a job none the less and its full time at that. 32+ hours per week.

BUT, my last remaining bank account has been closed due to being negative. I was unemployed for almost a year. There was nothing I could do about it. A week ago my account was fine, negative $25 but still active. I at the earliest possible time set up my direct deposit(today) only to find out that my account was closed a few days ago. I'm fucked. chexsystems has me black listed. no bank will allow me to open an account. How do I get paid. How do I pay my bills. How do I become a real person now? I'm trying to become an adult but everything is working against me. my only "mistake" was having a bank account while not having any money. WHAT FUCKING CRIME IS THAT?

I know I am a good person, so why is this happening to me?

[venting off steam]

I know I come off looney. I'm just so frustrated. my life is supposed to be changing for the better. I'm trying so hard.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Well your job will either cut you a check or use some debit card like system. If it's a check you'll have to pay a fee to cash it at a check cashing place.

It's probably like credit where if you get enough bills in your name and build a good history you'll be allowed to have a bank account again.

Also, yeah, life sucks sometimes.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zyn

I didn't know you could have a negative amount on your bank accounts.

I'd talk to the employer about being paid in cheque or something else, while actively trying to reason with your bank. Need dem monies!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Devil240Z

@The_Hiro_Abides said:

Well your job will either cut you a check or use some debit card like system. If it's a check you'll have to pay a fee to cash it at a check cashing place.

It's probably like credit where if you get enough bills in your name and build a good history you'll be allowed to have a bank account again.

Also, yeah, life sucks sometimes.

yeah. I'm just trying to make shit work out. I need to get my own place to live soon and all this real life shit is starting to weigh down on me.

@zyn said:

I didn't know you could have a negative amount on your bank accounts.

I'd talk to the employer about being paid in cheque or something else, while actively trying to reason with your bank. Need dem monies!

I am going to the bank tomorrow to try and reason with them. Not sure how reasonable Bank of America is though.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

1. You should have deactivated the credit system on your account. The only reason it's negative is because you didn't request your bank to shut off their credit system. It's probably way more than $25 bucks now. They add interest when you owe them money. I have owed my bank $45 bucks since last Tuesday and my account is still open.

2. You should have shut down your account as soon as you lost your job. There is no point in having one open if you have no income coming in.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Pick up a Visa prepaid online and use direct deposit on that (you don't need to be in good standing to get one, even the second card on the list states this.) There's also those "check into cash" places that exist for just your scenario. If you can't get another bank account, I'd recommend getting one of those cards and to only use a check into cash place as a last resort. If you can, you can also sign over checks to a relative or friend that you can trust.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Red12b

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

1. You should have deactivated the credit system on your account. The only reason it's negative is because you didn't request your bank to shut off their credit system. It's probably way more than $25 bucks now. They add interest when you owe them money. I have owed my bank $45 bucks since last Tuesday and my account is still open.

2. You should have shut down your account as soon as you lost your job. There is no point in having one open if you have no income coming in.

should haves mean nothing after the fact,

Devil, use it as a lesson, grow and move on, Life will get better mate, just give it time

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vodun

I would imagine that's just some kind of automated system kicking in? You can probably talk to a person at the bank to solve it.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Devil240Z

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

First off, fuck your should haves. I dont have a time machine. Second, other stuff. like I checked my mint.com account and the last thing listed for my account is "forced closed account, $25." so it wasn't way more than $25.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By _Zombie_

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Red12b said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

should haves mean nothing after the fact,

Devil, use it as a lesson, grow and move on, Life will get better mate, just give it time

No problem dude. I suggest two things.

1. Deactivate that credit system! It's not worth it. At Chase you owe them $45 bucks if you even go over your limit by one single cent. Just shut it off and if you reach your limit your purchases won't go through. It might be a little embarrassing if it should come to that, but it's not worth going through this trouble again, now is it? Have you tried accessing your account online?

2. Credit Unions. You seem more like a person that would benefit more from a local credit union rather than a commercial bank.

Also what will probably happen is they'll sit down with you a discuss your activity and then reactivate your account after you pay them back.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Devil240Z said:

First off, fuck your should haves. I dont have a time machine. Second, other stuff. like I checked my mint.com account and the last thing listed for my account is "forced closed account, $25." so it wasn't way more than $25.

? Ok.

I hope your account remains closed and you lose your job and you become homeless and maybe die in a fire.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Zombie_

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Devil240Z said:

? Ok.

I hope your account remains closed and you lose your job and you become homeless and maybe die in a fire.

I sincerely hope that small devilspawn devour your genitalia in the most unbelievably agonizing way possible.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@zombiebigfoot said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Devil240Z said:

? Ok.

I sincerely hope that small devilspawn devour your genitalia in the most unbelievably agonizing way possible.

I hope you see your mother naked.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Devil240Z

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Devil240Z said:

? Ok.

uh. what. Also the only reason my account went negative was because I just lost my student privileges and they started charging me $5 a month in fees just for having an account.

anyway fuck off bad man.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _Zombie_

@NlGHTCRAWLER: I already have. Twice.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@zombiebigfoot said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: I already have. Twice.

You poor, poor man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Devil240Z said:

? Ok.

This was a perfect 666th post ;)

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Zombie_

@NlGHTCRAWLER: I am numb to such things. The internet has exposed me to worse than that.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@TeflonBilly said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Devil240Z said:

? Ok.

This was a perfect 666th post ;)

Holy shit!

I was planning something for that, but forgot all about it.

Whooo! My subconscious is awesome!

@zombiebigfoot said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: I am numb to such things. The internet has exposed me to worse than that.

.... Yeah.... I think i'm going to let you have this one. I can't argue with that logic.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Red12b

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Devil240Z said:

? Ok.

Like I've seen yours?

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Red12b

@zombiebigfoot said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

captain hindsight!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Lol! That's what you get for being nice!
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By EVO

The fuck is going on in here?

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By xymox

32 hours is full time? Where? In paradise...? Also, you have an income now, so they're just being jerks if they won't agree to settle it and re-instate the account. Everyone makes mistakes. Edit: Removed because it wasn't relevant since you lost your student stuff.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Red12b said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Devil240Z said:

? Ok.

Like I've seen yours?

My mother died giving birth to me.

Mother jokes don't really effect me as much as the average person because I didn't know her. Anywho... this is awkward.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By _Zombie_

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Poppycock.

@EVO: SCIENCE.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Lol! That's what you get for being nice!

It's now my fault, I just returned from seeing the new Batman movie. I felt like being a hero....

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@zombiebigfoot: Yeah.... that's more like it.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Red12b

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Red12b said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@Devil240Z said:

? Ok.

Like I've seen yours?

My mother died giving birth to me.

Mother jokes don't really effect me as much as the average person because I didn't know her. Anywho... this is awkward.

Old ass joke

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Red12b

@EVO said:

The fuck is going on in here?

people are being dicks

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Red12b: I'm not joking and i'm not trying to guilt trip you. I just made a mother joke myself. I just pictured you staring at an old naked lady corpse and couldn't help but correct you on it. My dad is alive though and I love him like a mother I guess. You can use that to your advantage if you want....

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Devil240Z

@Xymox said:

32 hours is full time? Where? In paradise...? Also, you have an income now, so they're just being jerks if they won't agree to settle it and re-instate the account. Everyone makes mistakes. Also, sorry, but it sounds like a really shitty system. A real country wouldn't let you come into such poor living conditions where you're able to hit the negatives to begin with unless you fuck up royally. Learn 2 tax

32 hours a week is the bare minimum at this company for medical benefits and such.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34  Edited By xymox

Hmm. Can't your company have a word with them? Like, is there no safety-net in place? -$25 seems like a jerk thing to be a jerk about. What does their costumer service say?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

You know what you need to do? You need to go talk to the bank manager. But make sure to wear some bling, that way the motherfucker will know you got some green under the mattress, know what I'm sayin'? If that fails, just rob the place. That'll show 'em.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#36  Edited By Slag

@Devil240Z: Try a credit union OP. Most are locally owned and single branches. They might be more understanding.

Also don't give up on your old bank, don't just take No for an answer. Blitz their PR accounts on twitter. Beg and Plead with them if necessary. Not just once, but many times at many branches.

then if those don't work do what suggested.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Devil240Z

well for now I will be getting my pay though a prepaid debit card thingy.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By Milkman

Well this thread seems to be going well.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Just ring your old bank and tell them the situation. Pay back the negative balance, banks love to have customers so they have more money in their which makes them more money

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Well leaving your account negative for an extended period of time is ill advised. I used to work for a bank, there are plenty that don't use chexsystems. So just call up some banks and ask what they use and go from there.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Devil240Z

@Milkman said:

Well this thread seems to be going well.

My threads always end up like this. I've no idea what that says about me, but it can't be good.