Keanu Reeves Confirmed for Cowboy Bebop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By teh_destroyer

20th Century Fox is bringing the Japanese anime TV series 
Cowboy Bebop to the big screen, with Keanu Reeves attached to star as a bounty hunter 
traveling through space in 2071, confirms The Hollywood Reporter.

One of the big titles in anime, "Bebop" is set in a time where "astral gates" 
make interstellar travel possible. Humanity, decimated by a lunar explosion resulting from a gate accident, 
spread out across the solar system, as did crime, which gave rise to the use of bounty hunters.

Reeves would play Spike Spiegel, a bounty hunter and former member of a crime syndicate. Spiegel, 
along with Jet Black, a fellow bounty hunter and former cop, are the two pilots of the spaceship Bebop.

Peter Craig is writing the script.

The show, which first aired on Tokyo TV and satcaster Wowow during the late 1990s, 
was strongly influenced by American music, 
even featuring action sequences -- both space battles and mano a mano -- timed to U.S. melodies.

Sunrise president Kenji Uchida, the TV series' director of animation, Shinichiro Watanabe, 
and series writer Keiko Nobumoto will serve as associate producers. 
Series producer Masahiko Minami will serve as production consultant.

source:http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51989

I didn't even know that they were making a movie,but the fact that Keanue Reeves is going to play as Spike just left a bad taste in my mouth.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By teh_destroyer

20th Century Fox is bringing the Japanese anime TV series 
Cowboy Bebop to the big screen, with Keanu Reeves attached to star as a bounty hunter 
traveling through space in 2071, confirms The Hollywood Reporter.

One of the big titles in anime, "Bebop" is set in a time where "astral gates" 
make interstellar travel possible. Humanity, decimated by a lunar explosion resulting from a gate accident, 
spread out across the solar system, as did crime, which gave rise to the use of bounty hunters.

Reeves would play Spike Spiegel, a bounty hunter and former member of a crime syndicate. Spiegel, 
along with Jet Black, a fellow bounty hunter and former cop, are the two pilots of the spaceship Bebop.

Peter Craig is writing the script.

The show, which first aired on Tokyo TV and satcaster Wowow during the late 1990s, 
was strongly influenced by American music, 
even featuring action sequences -- both space battles and mano a mano -- timed to U.S. melodies.

Sunrise president Kenji Uchida, the TV series' director of animation, Shinichiro Watanabe, 
and series writer Keiko Nobumoto will serve as associate producers. 
Series producer Masahiko Minami will serve as production consultant.

source:http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51989

I didn't even know that they were making a movie,but the fact that Keanue Reeves is going to play as Spike just left a bad taste in my mouth.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SpecTackle

I fully support hollywood's attempts at destroying anime.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

Continue the discussion in this thread.