#1 Posted by Sin4profit (2907 posts) -

Reading the October, 1912th edition (that's what it says....) of Game Informer there is a short Q&A with Kevin Butler. One of the questions reminded me of discussion on Giant Bomb about a particular sandwich of which i have no experience; The Monte Cristo.

Game Informer - "...what is your favorite sandwich?"

Kevin Butler - "Have you ever had a Monte Cristo? It's an entire ham, turkey, and swiss sandwich dipped in French Toast batter and deep fried. It's actually semi-extinct in most parts of the world, because few could handle its epicness. Well, my favorite sandwich is a double bacon cheeseburger with two Monte Cristo Sandwiches as the bun. And a Diet Coke, obviously." 

So who among you, Giantbomb community, has experienced the "epicness" of the Monte Cristo?

#2 Posted by empfeix (774 posts) -

of course - and it is great - even for a none smoker like myself.  once in awhile for sure

#3 Posted by OldGuy (1511 posts) -

The Monte Cristo (when properly done - I've had some not so good ones) is full of epicness.

#4 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

That sounds delicious and of course Kevin Butler is on top of his game.

#5 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

Fuck! now I want Monte Cristo

#6 Posted by Bigrhyno (505 posts) -

They are really good, but I don't think I've ever felt worse than I do after eating one.

#7 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I wish Kevin Butler was real. He's hilarious.

#8 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -

Can this be found on the East Coast?

#9 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (982 posts) -
@BionicMonster said:
" Can this be found on the East Coast? "
The only place i have ever seen one is at Bennigan's. Had one every time i went to eat there.
#10 Posted by EVHKwick (452 posts) -

I've had the Melt version of it, and it was pretty awesome. @Sin4profit said:

" Well, my favorite sandwich is a double bacon cheeseburger with two Monte Cristo Sandwiches as the bun. And a Diet Coke, obviously."     
I've had this exact sandwich, except the bun was two grilled cheese sandwiches. It was called, "The Grand Melt." It was spectacular.