• 156 results
#1 Posted by clubsandwich (3796 posts) -
http://kotaku.com/5046234/tragedy-as-kid-plays-halo-re+creates-action-with-real-gun

I don't care how wrong is to laugh, but I seriously rofl'd

your thoughts?
#2 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
#3 Posted by chansaet (13 posts) -

Why didn't he just use a airsoft gun or a paintball gun if he wanted to recreate halo. All I can say is what an idiot 

#4 Posted by LCad (269 posts) -

: \

#5 Posted by MB (11298 posts) -

How is it known that the kid was attempting to "recreate action from Halo"?

#6 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -

i dunno, MB, but that's pretty crazy. 

#7 Posted by clubsandwich (3796 posts) -
Black_Rose said:
"

I didn't find it funny at all, poor kid

"
Well yeah poor kid but also I kinda laughed because parents will most likely blame the game even though it was their fault.
#8 Posted by carpei (60 posts) -

It's rarely "rofl" worthy when someone dies, especially a kid. But uh, where the hell did he get a rifle. And why was he able to take "the day off school for some Halo". Seems like a pretty tough reason to get by parents.

#9 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
clubsandwich said:
"Black_Rose said:
"

"
Well yeah poor kid but also I kinda laughed because parents will most likely blame the game even though it was their fault."
Probably, blame the game when you were the ones who left a kid with a loaded gun :/ 
#10 Edited by LCad (269 posts) -

I still find real guns to be scary in a controlled context and I'm "an adult". 

EDIT: To elaborate on that, I don't think an 11 year old boy should be confident enough to mess around with a real gun.  Then again, I'm Canadian.

#11 Posted by MB (11298 posts) -
carpei said:
"It's rarely "rofl" worthy when someone dies, especially a kid. But uh, where the hell did he get a rifle. And why was he able to take "the day off school for some Halo". Seems like a pretty tough reason to get by parents."
The kid lived in Wisconsin, and the rifle was a .22.  It's not uncommon for boys to have rifles when they're young...my Dad gave me his .22 Marlin lever action rifle when I was around 8.  He got the rifle from his father when he was about the same age.  I kept that gun (unloaded) in my closet from the time I was 8 until the day I moved out of the house at 17.  I still have it.

This story has absolutely nothing to do with Halo, and everything to do with the failure of this kid's parents to teach him proper firearm safety.  It can be argued whether or not they should have allowed the kid to have unsupervised access to a firearm, but I had one when I was way younger than 11 and I never shot myself or anyone else, for that matter.
#12 Posted by pause422 (6153 posts) -

This is amazing on so many levels....and downright embarassing on others.

#13 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -
Black_Rose said:
"

"
Agreed.
#14 Posted by Vision (796 posts) -

This was on Gametrailers and the reply was (not from me) "Sounds like a late abortion to me"
It's obviously not just because of Halo.

#15 Posted by Joker (675 posts) -
MB said:
"carpei said:
"It's rarely "rofl" worthy when someone dies, especially a kid. But uh, where the hell did he get a rifle. And why was he able to take "the day off school for some Halo". Seems like a pretty tough reason to get by parents."
The kid lived in Wisconsin, and the rifle was a .22.  It's not uncommon for boys to have rifles when they're young...my Dad gave me his .22 Marlin lever action rifle when I was around 8.  He got the rifle from his father when he was about the same age.  I kept that gun (unloaded) in my closet from the time I was 8 until the day I moved out of the house at 17.  I still have it.

This story has absolutely nothing to do with Halo, and everything to do with the failure of this kid's parents to teach him proper firearm safety.  It can be argued whether or not they should have allowed the kid to have unsupervised access to a firearm, but I had one when I was way younger than 11 and I never shot myself or anyone else, for that matter."
When I was 6 my dad gave me a throwing knife that his father gave to him when he was young. I never threatened anyone with it, I never threw it at anybody, and I NEVER got an idea to use it on somebody. The parents should of taught the kid not to touch it, or better yet, not let him stay home for some Halo. What we have here gentlemen is a failure to communicate!
#16 Posted by Vision (796 posts) -

Same here my dad gave me a knife that his dad had given him at the same age although i was not allowed to even touch it with one of my parents near me till i was like 12.. I never used it.

#17 Edited by TwoOneFive (9461 posts) -
MB said:
"carpei said:

This story has absolutely nothing to do with Halo, and everything to do with the failure of this kid's parents to teach him proper firearm safety.  It can be argued whether or not they should have allowed the kid to have unsupervised access to a firearm, but I had one when I was way younger than 11 and I never shot myself or anyone else, for that matter."

yeah i agree with you man, you obviously were given proper instructions, and you never played around with it. if the gun was his, then i am very surprised, because why would he be given a fully loaded rifle, with a bullet chambered? its obviously being used by someone and i think it was probably just the parents and he got to it somehow.
this is probably the most common way kids get shot, killing themselves because they were playing around with guns they dont know how to handle. 
all i gotta say is he had some terrible parents. not only do they allow their kid to skip school to play fucking video games, but they left their fucking rifle in a place where a 11 year old (an uninformed 11 year old, dumb enough to point a rifle at himself) could find it and play with it. god damn. its people like that who fuck up the 2nd amendment.  i believe thats a very important right, but its irresponsible people like these parents who fuck it up and then some liberal in congress go hardy har har 
#18 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

At least he can't teabag himself

#19 Edited by HistoryInRust (6215 posts) -

Okay.  The joke that was originally here was removed as a result of its deplorable taste.

#20 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

Saw this on the news, very sad.

#21 Posted by Justaddwater (291 posts) -

What retarded parents leaving guns lying around, and who the hell said it had anything to do with Halo? Did he colour the gun purple or something?

This is so guna be reported as if the game is at fault, and not shitty gun laws/bad parenting.

#22 Posted by Oni (2067 posts) -

What fucking idiot parent leaves guns where their 11-year old can grab them, with ammo no less? That just pisses me off no end.

#23 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -

To have your child die is bad enough but to die in this kinda way makes it even harder.

#24 Posted by Nude_Dude (1076 posts) -

He probably did that on purpose and waited to respawn.

j/k

#25 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

the parents should be arrested for Gross Negligence

#26 Posted by MattyFTM (14243 posts) -
Oni said:
"What fucking idiot parent leaves guns where their 11-year old can grab them, with ammo no less? That just pisses me off no end."
Yeah, its completely stupid.
#27 Posted by Black_Raven (1759 posts) -

He didn't recreate Halo very good, Master chief never shot himself in the head.

#28 Posted by Gamer_152 (13974 posts) -

This is very sad but how did the kid even get a gun in the first place? I know that most kids aren't skiving off school to play around with guns and of course the parents should be held responsible for this kind of thing, but we all know that if this gets to mainstream media they'll blame the video game, I really hope that doesn't happen.

#29 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
MB said:
"How is it known that the kid was attempting to "recreate action from Halo"?"
Because he played Halo. Therefore any violent or dangerous actions he attempted must have been because of Halo.
Hurr.
Black_Raven said:
"He didn't recreate Halo very good, Master chief never shot himself in the head."
There was an error in the article. He was recreating Persona 3.
#30 Edited by PharoahCapcom (480 posts) -

This is exactly why the ESRB exists...dumb ass american kids...

#31 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

I don't get why he chose to recreate the losing team.

#32 Posted by tekmojo (2298 posts) -

hilarious, see god has a sense of humor after all, but on the real note who the fuck keeps a loaded rifle for an 11 year old to play with

#33 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3719 posts) -

I bet he was lagging like crazy.

#34 Edited by Rowr (5237 posts) -

americans and their gunz...sigh.

#35 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

So... what exactly does this have to do with Halo? It sounds like an unattended kid got a hold of a gun and an unfortunate accident occurred. If there's a lawsuit over this, it better be dismissed.

#36 Posted by Metasin (219 posts) -

Okay so we have a news story of negligent parents that the media apparently tried to link to a 5 year old game. Then we have kotaku, a videogame site, reporting it with the same slant. This is one of the reasons mainstream media gets away with what they do, if we make no attempt as gamers to present the truth about ourselves why would they? Just another example of the lazy 'reporting' that goes on over there.

#37 Posted by Rowr (5237 posts) -

There are a ton of cases of children shooting themself messing around with guns, long before vidjeo games.

#38 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -

Dumbass.

#39 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
#40 Posted by Rowr (5237 posts) -

if only they had realised it was written to be taken in a literal sense.

caption
#41 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Rowr said:
"There are a ton of cases of children shooting themself messing around with guns, long before vidjeo games."
Indeed there was. Parents just hate taking responsibility to their children's actions these days, so they always look for something else to blame besides themselves.

RIP kid, very sad.
#42 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1733 posts) -

I have 3 questions, why wasn't he at school? Why did he play Halo? And why the hell did he have a rifle?

This is a clear example of poor parenting.

#43 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -
Meowayne said:
"HUGE FUCKING PICTURE"
The 2nd amendment doesn't kill people.  Irresponsibility does.
#44 Posted by Rowr (5237 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"Meowayne said:
"HUGE FUCKING PICTURE"
The 2nd amendment doesn't kill people.  Irresponsibility does."
sure but having hand guns within easy access is the issue. Irresponsibilty is guaranteed everywhere.
#45 Posted by Teh_Eel (296 posts) -

Not living in a America I have never fired a real gun before or even held one, and I hear that it is a big thing to own a gun and there alots of debates about if its right or not, and I want to ask why is there a need to own a gun?

#46 Edited by Rowr (5237 posts) -
Teh_Eel said:
"Not living in a America I have never fired a real gun before or even held one, and I hear that it is a big thing to own a gun and there alots of debates about if its right or not, and I want to ask why is there a need to own a gun?"
Because every other muthafucka has one thats why. How are you supposed to defend yourself when people go on shooting sprees?

#47 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
Teh_Eel said:
"Not living in a America I have never fired a real gun before or even held one, and I hear that it is a big thing to own a gun and there alots of debates about if its right or not, and I want to ask why is there a need to own a gun?"
Because everyone has one. That's what's so great about the 2nd amendment - it necessitates itself.

Also, I suppose, owning and shooting firearms feels great.
#48 Edited by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

@Teh_Eel: Most people get a gun to protect themselves against other people who have a gun... It's a continuous circle.

#49 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -

Well first of all where the F2ck did a 11 year old get a gun. Second of all why didnt people hear him shooting the gun(I dont know if he was shooting it or just holding it). As others have said use paint ball or airsoft. Never point a gun at yourself. Took the day off to play halo how did parents allow that. Why didnt he just play halo the video game?

#50 Edited by BiffMcBlumpkin (3719 posts) -
Rowr said:
"Vaxadrin said:
"Meowayne said:
"HUGE FUCKING PICTURE"
The 2nd amendment doesn't kill people.  Irresponsibility does."
sure but having hand guns within easy access is the issue. Irresponsibilty is guaranteed everywhere."
Well that explains why the States with the most seve