#1 Edited by Alekss (327 posts) -

This youtube video will shed light on the age old question: Who would win in a knife vs bat fight?

My choice was always the bat, and this video confirms it.

As you can see, the robber had no chance in front of the mighty bat.

#2 Posted by cloudnineboya (803 posts) -

the recreations are funny,china don't care ..i stick a knife to my bat so i win,win.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -

That plot twist!

#4 Posted by bushpusherr (778 posts) -

The answer has always been both. Bat + Knife = Sword.

#5 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

*gasp* Drugs!?

#6 Posted by Bulby33 (589 posts) -

That was a really awkward knife vs. bat situation.

#7 Posted by Yummylee (21506 posts) -

Such a combo probably equals closer to a spear or a bayonet. Or if Dead Rising 2 has any say, a shotgun shaped like a bat that shoots knives.

#8 Edited by RonGalaxy (3124 posts) -

If it was a blade of equal length to a bat, then blade obviously wins. But if you have a regular knife up against a bat, bat wins because of it's superior reaching capability

Edit: Oh no, I'm gonna fall down the "watching robberies in progress videos on youtube" rabbit whole. GOD DAMNIT

#9 Posted by bushpusherr (778 posts) -

@yummylee said:
@bushpusherr said:

Such a combo probably equals closer to a spear or a bayonet. Or if Dead Rising 2 has any say, a shotgun shaped like a bat that shoots knives.

In terms of combining the actual two items, you are right. Combining the functionality, however, yields the cutting potential of a blade with the length and swinging potential of the bat = sword. :D

#10 Edited by Slag (4250 posts) -

Well a member of my family who was in actual knife vs bat fight.

Knife won.

you swing and miss with the bat you're done, which is easy to do when you are in a tense situation like that.

#11 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

To me depends on the situation and person.

#12 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

I'd throw the bat on the person and run away. It'd work with a knife aswell but I don't trust my knife-throwing abilities.

#13 Edited by Nivash (241 posts) -

Bat only wins if it lands a lucky first blow or the guy with the knife is defensive. Otherwise, all the knife guy has to do is basically hug the guy with the bat and stab his guts out. You can't swing a bat effectively at someone within arms reach. But you sure can stab them.

#14 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

Although in Hotline Miami I've managed to overcome bat-wielding guys by using a knife, I can't help feeling they had the advantage in that particular circumstance. Basically, any dumb fuck can swing a bat, but throwing a knife in a dude's face while he's running towards you? Tricky.

We're talking about brute force over precision instruments here, and vice versa. It's like debating a pneumatic drill versus a chisel.

#15 Posted by ThunderSlash (1685 posts) -

Knife vs Bat is gonna be the sequel to Divekick.

#16 Posted by Lanechanger (464 posts) -

The recreation looks like a Sims 3 joint

#17 Posted by Hunter5024 (5617 posts) -

Goddamn right.

#18 Edited by 49th (2731 posts) -

The power of hugs is clearly the winner here.

#19 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I still say Knife got the match up advantage. Clearly the awkward environment here helped out the bat as the knife wielded has little angles of attack. In a more open area knife wins.

#20 Posted by tread311 (356 posts) -

Man. That rendered footage was fantastic.

#21 Posted by tourgen (4469 posts) -

Bat has reach.

But knife is 1 hit kill, and even the weakest defensive strikes do serious damage.

Bat can work but knife is so much more scary to face. I recommend option 3: run!

#22 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1958 posts) -

Yeah, the best thing to do is not engage. It's good that the guy got something to defend himself with, but attacking the robber could have ended much worse for him.

#23 Edited by Osaladin (2515 posts) -

Close the distance and knife wins always. You can take a hit with a bat to the arm or w/e, but if a knife connects it's more lethal. Knife all the way!

#24 Edited by Superkenon (1418 posts) -

I really liked CG Robert's reaction to the DRUGS twist.

"Huh?! ...Drugs!"

#25 Posted by Ekami (256 posts) -

the bat clearly won so why is everyone all pro knife still? the community just loves to stab i guess

#26 Posted by Ekami (256 posts) -

THE BAT CHEATED BY USING ISLES

#27 Posted by Russcat (140 posts) -

@lanechanger: Yes, totally. Especially with the cloud thought bubbles.

#28 Posted by Sanity (1896 posts) -

He was probably high, dumb ass makes the knife look bad.

#29 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Yeah, but he was buying the drugs for his wife and kids.

#31 Posted by Tonyyj (141 posts) -

The robber looked apprehensive, if it was someone more aggressive wielding that knife the bat would stand no chance.