#1 Posted by Rattle618 (1456 posts) -

I haven't played a lot of D&D in my life and it has been years since I felt the urge to do it again, but thanks to some dude that pointed me to the Penny Arcade D&D podcast I kind of feel like giving it another shot. The thing is I really don't want to walk into some ass-smelling basement to mingle with other lowly creatures like me that would consider D&D an acceptable way to pass the time and I'd rather do it from the computer.

I tried some forum D&D once and it was pretty cool, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a site that does this kind of thing where I could get into a game within a reasonable timeframe (the sites I found now had like 5 months of waiting period or something like that).

Im open to suggestions, it doesn't have to be forum based specifically, but it does have to be D&D. Thanks a bunch.
#2 Posted by Fallen189 (5052 posts) -
@Rattle618 said:
" I haven't played a lot of D&D in my life and it has been years since I felt the urge to do it again, but thanks to some dude that pointed me to the Penny Arcade D&D podcast I kind of feel like giving it another shot. The thing is I really don't want to walk into some ass-smelling basement to mingle with other lowly creatures like me that would consider D&D an acceptable way to pass the time and I'd rather do it from the computer.
I tried some forum D&D once and it was pretty cool, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a site that does this kind of thing where I could get into a game within a reasonable timeframe (the sites I found now had like 5 months of waiting period or something like that).

Im open to suggestions, it doesn't have to be forum based specifically, but it does have to be D&D. Thanks a bunch.
"
You're already coming into it with a bad attitude about fellow players. This isn't 1995 anymore dude. Go out to your local comic store and find people IRL to play with