#351 Edited by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

New IU video is out - The red shoes. As is to be expected from an IU video, the musical composition and choreography are both fantastic. Definitely makes me want to go out and buy the album right away!

#352 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

New IU video is out - The red shoes. As is to be expected from an IU video, the musical composition and choreography are both fantastic. Definitely makes me want to go out and buy the album right away!

Why is everybody talking about idols? Do they have Korea fetish?

#353 Edited by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

the new t-ara songs are out as well, and t-ara is back. check it out for yourself - number nine & 느낌아니까

in other news, the new shinee is not great. the new block b IS great. the new AoA is basically sistar. and this is kahi's second solo release i am just not feeling at all

nine muses album/mv isn't out for another couple days, but they performed their new title track, GUN, on mcountdown last night, and put out an album teaser and they're all sounding pretty great.

#354 Edited by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

@onimonkii: Man, that new T-ARA stuff is hot! I need to make sure to pick up that album posthaste.

#355 Posted by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

Here's the link to that 9MUSES video for Gun, now that it's officially out.

#356 Posted by Imst (61 posts) -

My boss are Koreans :D

Anyone know what's their secret of having that smooth skin?? :p

#357 Posted by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

More new KPOPs!

Mr. Lee from Park Ji Yoon didn't seem very interesting to me at first, mostly due to the fairly bland music video, but I soon grew addicted to the composition and catchy chorus.

Now from Trouble Maker (made up of HyunA from 4Minute and Hyun Seung of Beast), on the other hand, favors the music video over the song. It tries to be shocking and adult and is well put-together overall.

I hope to see @onimonkii and @mcghee back in this thread soon! Always value suggestions from the both of you!

#358 Posted by cosi83 (392 posts) -

I saw t-ara for free at a uni concert in hongdae Seoul last spring. They were indeed smoking hot and one of the fillies even did the splits on stage! Pop music wasn't half bad either

#359 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@wemibelec90: Well, to be honest, I have had a lovely girlfriend for the past two months and I hardly give a shit about Kpop anymore. Hell, I hardly give a shit about anything else now. lol Or at least, my obsession with the girls has mostly died away. There is still some of the music that I really like, but lately the comebacks have been pretty weak. Wasn't blown away by IU's new stuff like I hoped. The only thing I'm looking forward to right now is Miryo and Narsha from Brown Eyed Girls doing a sub unit together. B.E.G had one of the best albums released this year, Kpop or otherwise, and I'll always love them. Have photos of all 4 of the ladies on my wall right now and Jea's is autographed.

#360 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@cosi83 said:

I saw t-ara for free at a uni concert in hongdae Seoul last spring. They were indeed smoking hot and one of the fillies even did the splits on stage! Pop music wasn't half bad either

That's fucking badass, dude.

#361 Posted by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

@mcghee: While I'm sad to hear that you aren't liking the new stuff as much, it's great to hear you found someone you care for! I hope to at least get you back into this thread every once in awhile, since it was the creation of this thread that got me interested in KPOP in the first place. Thanks to you, I was exposed to a whole new style of music I now love and several of your suggestions have become my favorite groups/songs. At the very least, I wish to offer you my sincere gratitude. Best of luck to you in your new relationship!

#362 Posted by Krullban (1023 posts) -

Ailee had nudes leaked

#363 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@wemibelec90: Hey, that's nice of you to say. Thanks, man.

#364 Edited by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

@mcghee said:

that said, that is kind of a dangerous attitude to have should things go south between the two of you. i get it if you were only in it for the girls and you no longer need that now, but "i hardly give a shit about anything else now" just sounds like it might be trouble down the line.

#365 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@mcghee said:

that said, that is kind of a dangerous attitude to have should things go south between the two of you. i get it if you were only in it for the girls and you no longer need that now, but "i hardly give a shit about anything else now" just sounds like it might be trouble down the line.

lol, I am attending school full time, working 30 hours a week, and practicing martial arts 3 nights a week. By "anything else" I generally mean dicking around on the internet. I don't have much time for GB and I definitely don't have time to watch every Kpop video. Kpop is great and I haven't abandoned it completely, but I have priorities. At this point in my life I'd rather spend a night out with friends drinking, come home late with my girl and hang out for a bit, and then get laid. I'd rather do that than collect gifs of girls I'll never meet and will never give a shit about me. There is nothing necessarily wrong with loving Kpop, but there are other things I'd rather be doing right now, you know?

#366 Posted by Krullban (1023 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@onimonkii said:

@mcghee said:

lol, I am attending school full time, working 30 hours a week, and practicing martial arts 3 nights a week. By "anything else" I generally mean dicking around on the internet. I don't have much time for GB and I definitely don't have time to watch every Kpop video. Kpop is great and I haven't abandoned it completely, but I have priorities. At this point in my life I'd rather spend a night out with friends drinking, come home late with my girl and hang out for a bit, and then get laid. I'd rather do that than collect gifs of girls I'll never meet and will never give a shit about me. There is nothing necessarily wrong with loving Kpop, but there are other things I'd rather be doing right now, you know?

Hey! You might meet them. I don't even like k-pop and I've met some of them. My girlfriend is Korean and pretty much forced me to things.

#367 Edited by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@onimonkii said:

@mcghee said:

you say that like all those things are requirements. it's still just music dude. do you not listen to any other music either? if not then it's more understandable, but it's the same as listening to a podcast or something for me. i don't need to set aside time to dedicate to it, it's just on while i do other stuff.

#368 Posted by Humanity (8845 posts) -

@mcghee: The great "I've got a girlfriend" life 180 has happened for you. Enjoy it, but remember that if for any reason things go south, we the dredges of society that have nothing better to do than post on a videogame forum all day and watch pretty asian teens dance and twirl to popy music.. we'll be waiting for you, here at the bottom.

#369 Edited by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

A couple great new releases, including new miss A!

Hush is the new video from miss A and it's pretty excellent. I don't find it as well executed as their Touch video from last year, but it's still gorgeously shot and has pretty Korean ladies...if that's your thing. As for the song itself, I really enjoy listening to it. My one issue is that the "Yeah" samples are a bit repetitive and sound slightly ridiculous. Otherwise, a great late-year addition!

Healing by U Sung Eun is another video that's been on repeat for me a lot lately. It starts out pretty slowly, focusing on the powerful voice, but adds in instrumental stuff that adds to the song as a whole as it goes on. The video doesn't quite suit my taste, but I can't get enough of the singer's voice. Give it a look!

#370 Posted by Fattony12000 (7083 posts) -

Gnop!

#371 Edited by zombiesatemycereal (426 posts) -

I'm glad to have found this thread, I love me some K-pop!

Couple fantastic songs/videos I found through EYK:

The new Norazo is the best music related thing I've heard in a while. Never heard of them before, this song is catchy as hell. Also Centaurs!

Im Chang Jung - I don't really know how to describe this, it's just funny and should be watched.

New 2NE1 - their songs are hit or miss for me, but I like this a lot. I also lean towards their slower songs for whatever reason.

New Taeyang and T.O.P Solos

#372 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -
#373 Posted by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

@zombiesatemycereal: Welcome to the thread! We desperately need more people who are willing to post stuff, so your contributions are appreciated!

Man, I can't get enough of that guy's deadpan stare in that Im Chang Jung video. Never not funny.

#374 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -
#375 Posted by kalnet101 (91 posts) -

Not exactly kpop, but I'm loving some K-indie lately.

#376 Posted by zombiesatemycereal (426 posts) -

New T-ara - different from their usual style

Crayon Pop - Lonely Christmas They're kind of reusing some things from Bar Bar Bar, but I like this song a lot. Gosh they're adorable though. It's hard to believe they're all in early 20's, asian genes be crazy.

Sistar's Hyorin - girl can rap

#377 Posted by PandaBear (1310 posts) -

4Minute could kick the shit out of any other girl group.

That's all I know.

#378 Posted by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

New Lim Kim, one of my favorite new artists this year! Her voice sounds so different from anyone else I've heard, and all her songs are interesting in some way or another. Goodbye 20 is catchy, funny, and has more of that great voice I love.

#379 Posted by Sinusoidal (1299 posts) -

Merry Freaking X-mas!

I really question my decision to live in this country this time of year.

#380 Posted by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

New Younha - Not There - and it's pretty and fantastic as usual. She has such a good voice and picks such gorgeous instrumentation to accompany her.

#381 Edited by Cramsy (1164 posts) -

Holy shit have you guys heard that Bom/Lee Hi song?

What the hell convinced them that Bom sounded good in that recording? Lee Hi amazing as always at least but maaaaaan I don't know what's going on with Bom

#382 Edited by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

@cramsy said:

Holy shit have you guys heard that Bom/Lee Hi song?

What the hell convinced them that Bom sounded good in that recording? Lee Hi amazing as always at least but maaaaaan I don't know what's going on with Bom

i haven't but i'm not really in any rush to lol.

meanwhile, i think BESTie won christmas

#383 Posted by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

Since most of the people on this site who like KPOP live in this thread, I figured I'd plug my Top 10 List while I'm here. It's being tragically underlooked in favor of my JPOP list; it seems people aren't willing to give it a chance even though it is (arguably) better in quality on average. Wouldn't mind hearing what you guys think/what your fave songs of the year were!

#384 Posted by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

New Secret video has been out for awhile--figured I'd post it here. Not a bad song to end 2013, with some unbearably adorable choreography (especially that chorus part!) and very pretty sets.

#385 Posted by Devil240Z (3272 posts) -

I Don't really follow kpop but my girlfriend put some on my ipod and I tend to enjoy it when it comes on.

#386 Edited by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

Let's kick off the new year right--with some Girl's Day (I know I'm probably the only one here excited about that)! Something sadly seems to be carrying on the last year's trend of "sexier" Girl's Day releases, which I think makes them stand out a lot less as a group. The song is alright--although it still has to grow on me a bit first--but the choreography is just meant for titillation and I don't really care for it. Hopefully we at least get a few "cutesy" releases this year...

Oh, while I'm here, I'll throw this release from Rain out too--30 Sexy (or Dirty Sexy?). I'm not the biggest fan of male vocals, but the video has some good intensity and some pretty excellent choreography. Give it a look!

#387 Edited by aurahack (2264 posts) -

That new Girl's Day track is really lame, IMO. :T It's pretty by-the-numbers production-wise and the MV's concept is kind of absent. I saw someone comment on it saying "oh i didn't know the new sistar was out" and I thought that was a pretty apt way of describing it. The choreography itself isn't that great, either. I'm all for putting Hyeri in sexier clothing but it'd be nice if their next concept at least had some kind of identity to it.

New TVXQ album is out, also. It's pretty great!

I've not listened to them previous to Tense but the album is pretty dedicated to its swing aesthetic and it's a lot of fun to listen to.

#388 Edited by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

@aurahack: Sounds about right. I'm a huge GD fan but I feel that they are slowly becoming more mainstream and therefore more boring and predictable. I'm still liking their tracks, just not nearly as much as the early ones. :(

Good add, too! Reminds a bit of that IU album from last year, particularly The Red Shoes. I'm liking this return to 20s/30s-esque sound that seems to be popping up in KPOP.

#389 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

i'm more a fan of this 80s-esque sound returning to kpop, like in the awesome new dal shabet

shinsadong tiger~~~

#390 Posted by aurahack (2264 posts) -

@wemibelec90: Yeah, hopefully they come back to form with their next song. I like them too much to see them do lame-o stuff like that.

@onimonkii: I wish I could share the excitement that you and sus have for that song. There's like, nothing about it that I like. :(

Also since it wasn't linked in the thread, time to share the only track released within a month that's worth listening to:

#391 Edited by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

@aurahack said:

@wemibelec90: Yeah, hopefully they come back to form with their next song. I like them too much to see them do lame-o stuff like that.

@onimonkii: I wish I could share the excitement that you and sus have for that song. There's like, nothing about it that I like. :(

Also since it wasn't linked in the thread, time to share the only track released within a month that's worth listening to:

i really hope shinichi osawa does more production work on their upcoming album. maybe some more daishi dance, because of you is still my favorite song of theirs probably.

#392 Edited by aurahack (2264 posts) -

@onimonkii: I thought you were saying that daishi dance was your favorite song because of me. I'm so sad now.

But yeah, Shinichi Osawa's production is the best. I'd kill for him to release a new solo album this year but I'll take what I can get and so far he's done that and an amazing mix CD with his side-project so yaaaaayyyyyyy

#393 Posted by Cantius (11 posts) -

Baby vox is a classic. XD

#394 Posted by kalnet101 (91 posts) -

SPICA'S new song is damn amazing! Not to mention the song being composed and written by Lee Hyori.

Also this song is stuck in my head ever since it came out. The rest of their other songs are awesome too!

#395 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

man i haven't been able to stop listening to this song since it came out, definitely some rookies to keep an eye on

#396 Edited by ultimathule (56 posts) -

Fuck U, the new song from Gain. I really like it, she never disappoints me.

I don't think these have been posted here yet:

Rainbow Blaxx - Cha Cha. Rainbow's new subgroup.

AOA - Miniskirt

#397 Posted by wemibelec90 (1563 posts) -

Jeez, that Gain video is pretty uncomfortable. It's nice to have something that isn't all glamorous or alluring, but damn--I feel like I need a shower after that. Still, I can't help but be impressed at amount of discomfort portrayed. A pretty great song too.

#398 Posted by EdgeKasey (130 posts) -

Thanks for this thread guys. I love the fun stuff, call me crazy but I love the simple cuteness/quirk of Crayon Pop. And I wouldn't have known about them if not for this thread. The wife will absolutely love it.

#399 Edited by ultimathule (56 posts) -

@wemibelec90: Unsurprisingly, music shows have started banning her performance.

In other news, Eunji and Lee Sem have left 9Muses. But the group will still be called 9Muses, weird.

#400 Posted by Fattony12000 (7083 posts) -
Gnop!