Kudos to Microsoft . . .

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Edited By spazmaster666

So my 360 repair experience went better and faster than I had hoped for. I had thought that it may take two or three weeks for my console to be repaired/replaced. Turns out that a little after a week of sending my console to Microsoft (who apparently has a repair facility Texas), I've received my replacement system. It's pretty much the same as the one I bought (though manufactured at a later time) which means no HDMI and no CPU/GPU die shrink. But the turnaround time is pretty impressive. Even companies with high-quality RMA services like eVGA often take longer than a week.  Also, reaquiring the licenses for my downloaded content was much less of a hassle then I imagined (though still time consuming since the 360's GUI isn't the fastest around). Though my case may be the exception, not the rule, it's nice to see that once in a while, RMA's a 360 can go surprisingly well.

Also, Gears 2 is awesome; that's really all I have to say about it . . . and I haven't even touched Horde mode yet.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By spazmaster666

So my 360 repair experience went better and faster than I had hoped for. I had thought that it may take two or three weeks for my console to be repaired/replaced. Turns out that a little after a week of sending my console to Microsoft (who apparently has a repair facility Texas), I've received my replacement system. It's pretty much the same as the one I bought (though manufactured at a later time) which means no HDMI and no CPU/GPU die shrink. But the turnaround time is pretty impressive. Even companies with high-quality RMA services like eVGA often take longer than a week.  Also, reaquiring the licenses for my downloaded content was much less of a hassle then I imagined (though still time consuming since the 360's GUI isn't the fastest around). Though my case may be the exception, not the rule, it's nice to see that once in a while, RMA's a 360 can go surprisingly well.

Also, Gears 2 is awesome; that's really all I have to say about it . . . and I haven't even touched Horde mode yet.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By serbsta

Nice to hear a positive story in regards to 360's, good on 'em.