• 129 results
l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By l4wd0g

A little known fact is that Arizona provides  electricity  to Los Angeles (LA), CA. LA has decided to boycott Arizona due to a new law concerning illegal aliens. Worst case scenario is that there is no E3 because they have no power.             

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By l4wd0g

A little known fact is that Arizona provides  electricity  to Los Angeles (LA), CA. LA has decided to boycott Arizona due to a new law concerning illegal aliens. Worst case scenario is that there is no E3 because they have no power.             

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Snipzor

Because Arizona is a giant twat.

ShadowofIntent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ShadowofIntent

The need for air conditioning over powers political ideologies any day.  If they decided to boycott Arizona electricity it would not last long.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel
@Snipzor said:
" Because Arizona is a giant twat. "
There are two sides to this story...you do know Arizona has really bad drug problems from Mexico?  I do not agree witht he law but at leas I  understand why they did it.
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Why would LA, of all cities, support a state that passed a racially questionable law?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ryanwho

Because all illegal immigrants are like Fievel in American Tale and anyone who thinks otherwise is worse than the evil cat in Fievel Goes West.

Zunum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zunum

The Arizona illegal immigration bill strictly prohibits racial profiling. Besides, nothing in the Arizona law contradicts the federal law. The federal government has failed to do their job of securing the U.S.-Mexican border, so the good sovereign state of Arizona is using their states' rights to enforce the law. Go Arizona! You have my full support!

And shame on those who boycott you.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeShawn2ks

Can someone please explain to me how the Arizona Immigration Bill helps with their drug problem. Last time I checked drug dealers and drug runners don't give a damn about the law.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KaosAngel
@DeShawn2ks said:
" Can someone please explain to me how the Arizona Immigration Bill helps with their drug problem. Last time I checked drug dealers and drug runners don't give a damn about the law. "
Despirite times call for desperite measures...and this is AZ's way of saying it's so bad this is what we have to do.  The Feds wont nut up and do their job.
DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@KaosAngel: It just seems stupid to me when all over the news these real conservative types are talking about how this will help with the drug problem in AZ and they never explain how. This law is not going to stop drug dealers from doing what they do. If anything the government needs to have a more coherent path to citizenship for people who want to have a better life for them and their kids. Instead of trying to go the Nazi Germany show me your papers route both parties need to come together and agree on something for a dang change. To bad it ain't going to happen and the situation is going to get way worse.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KaosAngel
@DeShawn2ks: Or you know, the feds can do their job and protect it and not leave it to the States?
DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@KaosAngel:  Lol yeah good luck with that.
CanadianZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CanadianZero
@Zunum said:
" The Arizona illegal immigration bill strictly prohibits racial profiling. Besides, nothing in the Arizona law contradicts the federal law. The federal government has failed to do their job of securing the U.S.-Mexican border, so the good sovereign state of Arizona is using their states' rights to enforce the law. Go Arizona! You have my full support!  And shame on those who boycott you. "  

So how then do they enforce it? Don't me wrong, theres situations where it's pretty obvious that somethings up (say they catch them running across the boarder). But other then that, how can you enforce it without profiling? 
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By damnboyadvance

I've heard people say that of course California isn't against Arizona, after all the business they do together. Well, that's what I've heard.

Also, I support the law. But let's not turn this into a big debate right now. I'm going to bed. :)

CanadianZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CanadianZero

This is just an observation of mine. 
Arizona says (along with its supporters) that they've had no choice but to do this because of the federal governments lack of response. 

Heres my question: What do you want your federal government to do? You're already building a wall, armed boarders patrols, unmanned drones flight around the boarder along with manned helicopters.  

What more can they possibly do that makes sense logistically?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KaosAngel

Use the National Guard for something instead of making them sit around all day?

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By ATrevelan

Won't Arizona's law just encourage illegal immigrants to enter the country through a different state? The biggest problem with a state solving a federal problem is that it creates inconsistencies in the way the different border states deal with illegal immigration. At least the federal failure to address the problem is universally consistent.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KaosAngel
@ATrevelan: In all honesty, the past 8 years...the Federal Government hasn't really been a role model for how to run a country, and States have been doing a decent job with what they have.  They haev no other choice, and Obama won't do crap about it.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Where are they going to get their power from?  It's summer...old people could die in the heat.  All the ladies boobs will melt off. 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#22  Edited By AgentJ
@CanadianZero said:
" @Zunum said:
" The Arizona illegal immigration bill strictly prohibits racial profiling. Besides, nothing in the Arizona law contradicts the federal law. The federal government has failed to do their job of securing the U.S.-Mexican border, so the good sovereign state of Arizona is using their states' rights to enforce the law. Go Arizona! You have my full support!  And shame on those who boycott you. "  
 So how then do they enforce it? Don't me wrong, theres situations where it's pretty obvious that somethings up (say they catch them running across the boarder). But other then that, how can you enforce it without profiling?  "
Easy: Check everyone. It's the only fair way to do it. 
Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

The new law is more than just stopping drugs. Last year, Arizona had the second most kidnappings in the world. Only Mexico City had more than Phoenix did. Almost weekly you hear news stories about Coyotes (human smugglers) kidnapping immigrants, holding them for ransom, or just killing them and leaving them in the desert. These events were the primary impetus for the new law.

As for enforcement, it is pretty simple. When the police pull you over or question you, they ask for ID. If a person can't provide adequate identification then the police have the ability to investigate whether they are legitimate. In the past, the police would need to ask ICE to do this, which they often refused to do since they are busy with their own work. The law does not allow them to simply stop anyone they see and demand identification. That was specifically put into the bill in order to prevent racial profiling.

Ultimately, the new law is simply the extension of the already existing federal immigration laws. Any possibilities of racial profiling already exist since this is almost a copy of the federal law which can be enforced anywhere in the country.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By DukesT3

Drug problem you say? Now I know where to retire!

mattscout007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By mattscout007

I live in AZ, and I'm going to be a senior in High school next year. I go to the foothills, which is the "rich" school district around the outskirts of Tucson, and let me just say that I'm watching as everything in my high school gets screwed over because we have no money, as the schedule gets adjusted to squeeze the max amount of funding out of the school day. And we have it good, other districts like TUSD (Tucson Unified School District) have fired over 1000 staff members due to the budget cuts (I'm sure I'm off here, but it's about that much I think). That last thing Tucson needs is less money and commerce, and when we have some of our own council people calling for others to boycotts us, let's just say that people are really dumb sometimes.  
@Mechanical_Ape said:

" The new law is more than just stopping drugs. Last year, Arizona had the second most kidnappings in the world. Only Mexico City had more than Phoenix did. Almost weekly you hear news stories about Coyotes (human smugglers) kidnapping immigrants, holding them for ransom, or just killing them and leaving them in the desert. These events were the primary impetus for the new law.   As for enforcement, it is pretty simple. When the police pull you over or question you, they ask for ID. If a person can't provide adequate identification then the police have the ability to investigate whether they are legitimate. In the past, the police would need to ask ICE to do this, which they often refused to do since they are busy with their own work. The law does not allow them to simply stop anyone they see and demand identification. That was specifically put into the bill in order to prevent racial profiling.   Ultimately, the new law is simply the extension of the already existing federal immigration laws. Any possibilities of racial profiling already exist since this is almost a copy of the federal law which can be enforced anywhere in the country. "

This is exactly right. It's people misinterpreting the law that think that it encourages racial profiling. 
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kishan6
@Snipzor said:
good post lol
InTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By InTheEnd

SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!
 SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!
Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bionicicide

Obviously if anyone had  any intelligence they would profile on English fluency, don't know why everyone thinks they're going by skin (you're the racists if that's what you thought first).

NinjaTard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By NinjaTard

I really don't understand the issue with Arizona. Way I understood it was they are getting the illegals shipped back to where they came from. Then people on Facebook started complaining about racial profiling and, like InTheEnd above this post, saying about Nazi germany and checking papers. Here's the thing, and sorry if I offend but it's the internet so back off, If these people aren't citizens......why WOULDN'T we kick them out? I mean, I just don't get how it's wrong in anyway. Even if they think you LOOK mexican or illegal (whatever that looks like) if you're a citizen so what?

I'm not playing dumb, I seriously don't understand why anyone is against Arizona at all. Shouldn't we give them medals?

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@NinjaTard: Because Arizona sucks that is why a lot of people are against it. I also think Arizona is trying to make it to where you can not teach any ethnic studies there. Which I think is a lot of BS. Growing up all I got to hear was how the Europeans came to America then blah blah blah. I didn't get to learn a lot about my culture till I became a sophomore and was finally able to take a African American history class. All the right wing politicians out of the state say the reason why they want to take away ethnic studies is because its teaching us negative things like racism against other people. This is a straight up lie and if there are teachers in other states teaching kids to hate and violence against other people they need to be fired. I should take back the Arizona sucks comment the state doesn't suck but the majority of the politicians there do dang bigots.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#31  Edited By AgentJ
@Mechanical_Ape said:
" The new law is more than just stopping drugs. Last year, Arizona had the second most kidnappings in the world. Only Mexico City had more than Phoenix did. Almost weekly you hear news stories about Coyotes (human smugglers) kidnapping immigrants, holding them for ransom, or just killing them and leaving them in the desert. These events were the primary impetus for the new law.   As for enforcement, it is pretty simple. When the police pull you over or question you, they ask for ID. If a person can't provide adequate identification then the police have the ability to investigate whether they are legitimate. In the past, the police would need to ask ICE to do this, which they often refused to do since they are busy with their own work. The law does not allow them to simply stop anyone they see and demand identification. That was specifically put into the bill in order to prevent racial profiling.   Ultimately, the new law is simply the extension of the already existing federal immigration laws. Any possibilities of racial profiling already exist since this is almost a copy of the federal law which can be enforced anywhere in the country. "
If that's the case, then the law has sure changed over the last month or two. When the legislation was originally written up, the police only needed "reasonable suspicion", which has little to no legal definition, which would have allowed cops to ask for papers from pretty much anyone. If they dropped that part of the bill, then I have little problem with the law. 
BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BionicMonster
@Snipzor said:
don't you mean Twatt...............sorry.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ryanwho
@InTheEnd said:
"
 SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!
 SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!
"
That analogy makes you look super stupid. "Your papers" already compose of a licence, registration, insurance, and a social security card. You kind of make every reasonable person look like a fucking fool by proxy when you do this. But that's cool, you're an edgy internet dude.
GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
@InTheEnd said:
"
 SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!
 SHOW ME YOUR PAPERS!
"
Get out of here fascist pig, I don't have to show you my drivers license! Oh, I do? Sorry sir. 
DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@GIVEMEREPLAY:  You have to show your DL every time you see a cop? Man that has to get annoying after a while.
GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
@DeShawn2ks said:
" @GIVEMEREPLAY:  You have to show your DL every time you see a cop? Man that has to get annoying after a while. "
Every time a cop suspects me of breaking the law. So yeah, exactly the same thing. 

In any case, these things are undeniable 
1. The law has no explicitly racist terminology. It doesn't specify Mexicans, latinos, brown people, etc. It is written in such a way that it applies to all illegals, regardless of race or country. Note that this is different from whether it will be applied in a biased manner. 
2. The law has not gone into effect yet, so not a single person knows for certain how it will work out in reality.  
3. The courts will refine the law via lawsuits, and until the law is solidified by these legal challenges it cannot be reasonably evaluated.  
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheGreatGuero

There is no way Arizona can get away with shutting down our power. Just the fact that they're threatening it is incredibly low. I'm completely against Arizona on this whole issue. On a side note, I gained a lot of respect for The Phoenix Suns after they wore their Los Suns jerseys in protest.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ryax

take this to whiskey's politics site. oh wait. 

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FCKSNAP

What I don't understand is why they aren't doing this with the bordering states with Canada. I've crossed both borders back-and-forth (for vacation reasons you bigot) and Mexico's is way stricter. There's a lot of drugs and illegals from Europe and Asia coming through Canada but it seems nobody cares for those situations.

victusaldel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By victusaldel

Has anyone here actually read the law, or are they just spouting everything they've heard from propaganda?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KaosAngel
@victusaldel said:
" Has anyone here actually read the law, or are they just spouting everything they've heard from propaganda? "
The latter, and it's kinda sad.  What's worse is that people from outside the States make up their own opinions, yet never stepping foot in the country.  AZ had no other choice due to the Feds not doing their fucking jobs.  Too many kidnappings, murders, and drug pass-bys in AZ...and this is their only opinion left.
GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
@TheGreatGuero said:
" There is no way Arizona can get away with shutting down our power. Just the fact that they're threatening it is incredibly low. I'm completely against Arizona on this whole issue. On a side note, I gained a lot of respect for The Phoenix Suns after they wore their Los Suns jerseys in protest. "
Dude, do you not understand how boycotts work? It's not all roses and cupcakes. LA boycotted Arizona, and now Arizona is threatening nothing more than doing the same to LA. If the people of LA can't stand the heat they should get out of the kitchen. 
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By Whisperkill

I'm fine with racial profiling. Honestly... 

A very large majority of terrorists are muslim, so not profiling them in airports is being irresponsible. 
A very large majority of illegal immigrants are mexican, so the same idea should be applied. 

This is simple stuff people. Something needs to be done. If you wanna make an omelet. You gotta break some eggs.

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
@Whisperkill said:
" I'm fine with racial profiling. Honestly...  A very large majority of terrorists are muslim, so not profiling them in airports is being irresponsible. A very large majority of illegal immigrants are mexican, so the same idea should be applied.   This is simple stuff people. Something needs to be done. If you wanna make an omelet. You gotta break some eggs. "
How do you identify people as Muslim? Most don't wear badges.  For the record, do you know which country has the highest Muslim population? 

And while the vast majority of illegals in Arizona are Mexican, so is a significant portion of the legal population. You can't just round up all the Mexican looking people because most aren't going to be illegal. Even if they were, infringing on the rights of the legals is wrong. While I am not against the Arizona law, I'm very much against this sort of ignorant, selfish desire to profile. Thankfully the Arizona law has not a word about "Mexicans" "brown people" or any other profiling term. 
Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just one more reason to legalize drugs. 

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jayzilla

The self righteous hypocrites boycotting the openly nationalistic republic of arizona. high comedy.

GIVEMEREPLAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GIVEMEREPLAY
@odintal said: 

" Just one more reason to legalize drugs.  "

That's not a fix for illegal immigration in the least. Hell, it's not even a solution for Mexican violence. Drug cartels aren't just going to give up their illegal ways and open tacquerias, to quote a Mexican official.  

@Jayzilla said: 

" The self righteous hypocrites boycotting the openly nationalistic republic of arizona. high comedy. "

What?    
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ninjakiller
Instead of checking people's papers and deporting illegals, they should just be executed on the spot.  End of problem.  We need to institute Judge Dredd style legal system here in the U.S. already.  Obviously this is the only way to deal with these damn illegals.
DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By DCFGS3
@Whisperkill said:
" I'm fine with racial profiling. Honestly...  A very large majority of terrorists are muslim, so not profiling them in airports is being irresponsible. A very large majority of illegal immigrants are mexican, so the same idea should be applied.   This is simple stuff people. Something needs to be done. If you wanna make an omelet. You gotta break some eggs. "
This, a thousand times this. I think you're the only other person I've encountered who supports racial profiling. IMO it's exactly the same as Affirmative Action campaigns. There is no difference between racial profiling and affirmative action.
ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ElegantRuby

Fun Fact.  Arizona provides power for only about 25% of LA.  LA also owns two power plants in Arizona, so...