lana lang, Superwoman? :O

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DeadlyPain

just watched the latest episode of Smallville (S8-E13)

Lana lang had this experiment done on her, something called the "Prometheous" project and now she has abilitys like superman
is she superwoman? Because from reading on google i can't find any info on who superwoman is and this makes sence in a way.....

oh and, Smallville rocks! :D
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I haven't watched smallville in ages, but isn't the whole smallville/superman continuity messed up anyway, because didn't clark's dad die in smallville, and he's alive in allot of other superman media set after smallville.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Virago

For the record, Smallville has about 10% of actual Superman plot in it. Lana Lang actually was the Insect Queen. Superwoman is a parellel universe of Lois Lane... it's all super complicated. Comic books can be a litte over ambitious and cease to make sense after awhile....

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince
MattyFTM said:
"I haven't watched smallville in ages, but isn't the whole smallville/superman continuity messed up anyway, because didn't clark's dad die in smallville, and he's alive in allot of other superman media set after smallville."
There are a ton of comic story lines where Johnathan dies. As for Smallville, it's surprsingly accurate. And no, I don't care if stuff has been changed. I don't want the exact same story as before. I want a reinterpretation. As for Lana, she's not super woman, she's just wearing a suit.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeadlyPain

ouch, my brain hurts xD lol

Eitherway, might be interesting if lana lang is gonna be the new superwoman....well for smallville that is, i just assumed as smallville is suppose to be set as supermans childhood and the early years etc
Ahh well, Bring on the next episode! :D hehe
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By weltal

Lana got superpowers again?! God, that chick get powers and goes mad with power every other episode.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince

You guys should watch before criticizing. No she didn't get powers, she's wearing a nanite suit called Prometheus.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeadlyPain
LiquidPrince said:
"You guys should watch before criticizing. No she didn't get powers, she's wearing a nanite suit called Prometheus."
suit or not, its still interweaved into her skin, and she has super speed, Catch bullets etc - if you didn't know it was a suit you would think she would be superwoman (such as you missed the episode etc)
Technically lana lang is now stuck with it, so its plausable even though she might not be

like you guys say, its not following the superman plot 100% so they might have changed it to be that way, We'll see in the episodes to come :D
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By weltal

Oh give me a break. Suit, ancient witch ancestors, half-transfer of Clark's powers it all amounts to the same thing. You can't tell me the shtick isn't getting old at this point.

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gameboi

Nah. I think it's Smallville's version of doing a precursor to Lex Luthor's Battle Suit. The Lana thing is just typical filler material. Superwoman and Lana are two way different characters.

Look familiar?
Look familiar?
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By End_Boss

I thought Luthor was out of the series proper now? I mean, I don't pretend to follow the show or anything, but I remember a big to-do about it when he left... 'Cause like... Yeah. He was a favorite character or something.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

Wait wait wait, WHOA!  Lana Lang is back in the show?  When did that happen?  I thought Kristin Kreuk was off the show for good.

Also, from everything I've heard about season 8, the show has gone completely downhill from what it once was able to do.  So...I'm not sure if I really want to get it on DVD when it comes out (it's the only way I end up watching TV).
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By kush

Lana Lang is just a stupid ho who needs to leave the show forever and actually die...why she has to keep coming back like a bad VD is beyond me. Season 8 was actually good, but now I don't know if I'll be able to stand watching the show if she's a main component for the rest of the season.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince
jakob187 said:
"Wait wait wait, WHOA!  Lana Lang is back in the show?  When did that happen?  I thought Kristin Kreuk was off the show for good.

Also, from everything I've heard about season 8, the show has gone completely downhill from what it once was able to do.  So...I'm not sure if I really want to get it on DVD when it comes out (it's the only way I end up watching TV).
"
Actually this season has been raved as the best in a long time, with tons and tons of fan appreciation. The forums on Kryptonsite actually overflowed a couple of times this season, rendering the server useless... As for Lana, people bash her for no reason. She's a great character, and she has been been wesome this whole season.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jakob187
LiquidPrince said:
"jakob187 said:
"Wait wait wait, WHOA!  Lana Lang is back in the show?  When did that happen?  I thought Kristin Kreuk was off the show for good.

Also, from everything I've heard about season 8, the show has gone completely downhill from what it once was able to do.  So...I'm not sure if I really want to get it on DVD when it comes out (it's the only way I end up watching TV)."
Actually this season has been raved as the best in a long time, with tons and tons of fan appreciation. The forums on Kryptonsite actually overflowed a couple of times this season, rendering the server useless... As for Lana, people bash her for no reason. She's a great character, and she has been been wesome this whole season."
Right, but I thought that Kristin Kreuk had left the show.  When did she come back, or is another actress playing her?
Personally, I just hate the fact that they have Doomsday on the show.  I haven't seen any of season 8, so for all I know, I'll love it.  However, I still think season 4 has been the best so far, maybe season 5.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Smallville=shit every other week some person gets super powers cause of kryptonite or super man cross over dna shit.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jakob187
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Smallville=shit every other week some person gets super powers cause of kryptonite or super man cross over dna shit."
Bad grammar.  Smug opinion.  Bald head.  Yep, must be WilliamRLBaker.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pause422
Kush said:
"Lana Lang is just a stupid ho who needs to leave the show forever and actually die...why she has to keep coming back like a bad VD is beyond me. Season 8 was actually good, but now I don't know if I'll be able to stand watching the show if she's a main component for the rest of the season."
It's that classic move that nearly every TV series has pulled by now that just needs to stop, but I'm sure it won't. They write someone off because they have plans somewhere else or what not, and then it doesn't work out and they come back, being introduced once more, horribly.  I just think more people that set out to make a series, need to know their beginning and end from the start and not keep making more and more eventually pulling ideas out of thin air that are horrible to continue on...then bringing characters back, then more stupid shit, it goes on forever.

Bringing characters back that should never return, and keeping your series going and going and going for way too many seasons are the two things that killed some of the best shows that came on TV. (no, that definitely doesn't include smallville)
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
jakob187 said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"Smallville=shit every other week some person gets super powers cause of kryptonite or super man cross over dna shit."
Bad grammar.  Smug opinion.  Bald head.  Yep, must be WilliamRLBaker."
Im so sorry I offended you, I didn't know your main man Tom welling was in the show, ill let you get back to fantasizing about him and touching your self.
P.S: you keep using the word smug, you obviously dont know what it means or you wouldn't use it in every instance.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jakob187
WilliamRLBaker said:
"jakob187 said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
Im so sorry I offended you, I didn't know your main man Tom welling was in the show, ill let you get back to fantasizing about him and touching your self."
He's so dreamy.  I just can't get enough of him.  Thank you for exposing me, William.  I never thought I would be able to do it without you.  -_-  Actually, what I was originally commenting on was the fact that your one-line "quip" was nothing more than blatant bashing.  Meanwhile, Kush gave a constructive reason as to why he had a problem with THE TOPIC AT HAND!

And getting BACK to that topic:  Lana Lang was a character that, at first, I didn't mind.  There were definitely some cheesy moments, like the whole vampire thing and the crazy witch shit with Jason.  Regardless, when she got tangled up with Lex and he started fucking her over, that's when it started getting pretty interesting.

Regardless, Smallville is a cheesy show, but at the same time, what isn't cheesy about a superhero that is nigh invincible except for being exposed to green rocks that basically made up his entire home planet?  It's a bit ironic and more of a fucking plot hole than anything this Dawson's Creek-meets-DC Comics parable can bring out, eh?
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By RichardLOlson
jakob187 said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"jakob187 said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
Im so sorry I offended you, I didn't know your main man Tom welling was in the show, ill let you get back to fantasizing about him and touching your self."
He's so dreamy.  I just can't get enough of him.  Thank you for exposing me, William.  I never thought I would be able to do it without you.  -_-  Actually, what I was originally commenting on was the fact that your one-line "quip" was nothing more than blatant bashing.  Meanwhile, Kush gave a constructive reason as to why he had a problem with THE TOPIC AT HAND!

And getting BACK to that topic:  Lana Lang was a character that, at first, I didn't mind.  There were definitely some cheesy moments, like the whole vampire thing and the crazy witch shit with Jason.  Regardless, when she got tangled up with Lex and he started fucking her over, that's when it started getting pretty interesting.

Regardless, Smallville is a cheesy show, but at the same time, what isn't cheesy about a superhero that is nigh invincible except for being exposed to green rocks that basically made up his entire home planet?  It's a bit ironic and more of a fucking plot hole than anything this Dawson's Creek-meets-DC Comics parable can bring out, eh?
"
Wow who really gives a flying fuck... I mean Smallville is a shitty t.v. show and William is right, you really need to learn what words mean before you use them.  Yet another example of retards trying to sound smart.  God some people just don't need to breed, thats why theres so many retards in the world.  And also I'm glad u had to point out that William has a bald head.  It must be "Obvious day" on planet retard.  Jackass!
adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By adam_grif

Smallville is a terrible show.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Virago

i like the first 3 seasons.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LiquidPrince
jakob187 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"jakob187 said:

Also, from everything I've heard about season 8, the show has gone completely downhill from what it once was able to do.  So...I'm not sure if I really want to get it on DVD when it comes out (it's the only way I end up watching TV)."
Actually this season has been raved as the best in a long time, with tons and tons of fan appreciation. The forums on Kryptonsite actually overflowed a couple of times this season, rendering the server useless... As for Lana, people bash her for no reason. She's a great character, and she has been been wesome this whole season."
Right, but I thought that Kristin Kreuk had left the show.  When did she come back, or is another actress playing her?
Personally, I just hate the fact that they have Doomsday on the show.  I haven't seen any of season 8, so for all I know, I'll love it.  However, I still think season 4 has been the best so far, maybe season 5.
"
She's only guest starring for 5 episodes. Her last episode is next week. As for Doomsday, they have given him a back story so he's not such a flimsy character, and they have actually made him resemble his comic book counter part very well/ Check out teh trailer I have in one of my recent blogs. Season 4 is tied as my favorite season as well.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
WilliamRLBaker said:
Why do you go into threads about things that you don't like, and then thrust your gigantic dick of negativity/opinion into peoples faces? Obviously this is a thread about Smallville, and will be populated by people that LIKE Smallville. Obviously, the only person that is sucking that huge cock of opinion is RichadLOlson, but everybody else doesn't give a shit, and would rather like to talk about Smallville without having you screaming in their faces why they are wrong. 

No Caption Provided

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By penguindust

I missed most of the beginning of this season after after seeing the 1st episode.  But, I've recently gotten back on track, lured in by the Doomsday storyline and an appearance by the Legion of Super Heroes. Now Lana is back and poor Lois an all but forgotten character - - - for now.  No good will come of this Super-Lana, I believe.  On the other hand, Kristin Kruck did get a chance to show off her "Chun-li" skills in a recent episode against Tess*.  We all know she won't eventually be the one Clark winds up with, but it's a surprisingly fun ride until then.

Whatever happens, the producers better wrap everything up this year, because I doubt the show will be back next season. 

*Is Tess "Mercy"?  I thought I heard someone call her that in an episode but, like I said, I've been out of the loop for a while and might have gotten confused.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LiquidPrince

Yeah, Tess is Mercy.