• 93 results
#1 Edited by DoctorDanger99 (687 posts) -

so i recently had a million dollar idea.one of my favorite things to do in any GTA game is just kinda drive around and listen to the radio.so i went and found all the commercials from all the GTA games.GTA 3 -GTA4. then i put them on my iPOD which has close to five thousand songs on it. now,whever i listen to my ipod,it's like im listening to a radio station from vice city or los santos! i know.its kinda lame. but i thought it was really smart on my part.

so thats the last nerdy thing i did. what about you?

also,if sombody could point me to a place where i could get all the talk radio,itd be complete!

#2 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5111 posts) -

I played a video game.

#3 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

i logged on to giant bomb

#4 Posted by Pikawai (135 posts) -

I watched "Meet the" TF2 videos and tried the decipher a code for a puzzle.

#5 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (687 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: what the fuck is a video game?

so what game?

#6 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5111 posts) -

@DoctorDanger99: TF2. Not long ago I got a taste for it again, so it pulled me back in.

#7 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

I have all the GTA radio stuff somewhere in my iPhone, but there's so much music that they shuffle up every few months, I never hear them.

#8 Posted by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

I used the lvl 99 trick to grind some levels in Disgaea 4.

#9 Posted by believer258 (12216 posts) -

I watched an episode of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, the forty-sixth one to be exact.

#10 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (687 posts) -

@MikkaQ: the way i have it set up, i usually hear a commercial every three or four songs. somtimes it plays like six commercials in a row! i really wish i could find the talk radio. i need me some lazlow.

#11 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

i work in IT so everything i do could be considered nerdy i guess. i just had to remotely conntect to a user's PC and install a printer using netuse command as win7 did not have a driver for his older dotmatrix printer... you wet yet ladies

#12 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@DoctorDanger99: Ive got a rip of the GTA 4 stations. Beats any real radio stations, with funny announcers and ads in between. My favourite is the Journey great for driving at night. You can find the talk radio rips at some bay parked with pirate ships.

#13 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (687 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: ive never played it. i have it on my 360 and i think ive played a half dozen matches. just cant seem to get into it.

#14 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Bought a star wars book.

#15 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (687 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: i hear ya man. ive also got most of the songs from the various games. san andreas ftw!

#16 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I'm just about to leave the house and by one of these.

#17 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

@DoctorDanger99 said:

@MikkaQ: the way i have it set up, i usually hear a commercial every three or four songs. somtimes it plays like six commercials in a row! i really wish i could find the talk radio. i need me some lazlow.

They are out there if you look hard enough -shifty eyes-.

Though seriously all the Integrity stuff is probably on youtube, just convert that into an MP3. I love the Lazlow stuff.

#18 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@doobie said:

i work in IT so everything i do could be considered nerdy i guess. i just had to remotely conntect to a user's PC and install a printer using netuse command as win7 did not have a driver for his older dotmatrix printer... you wet yet ladies

That's pretty damn nerdy. How hard it is to get Windows 7 to understand how to use a dotmatrix? Does it just see it as a very low resolution B&W?

#19 Posted by Donkeycow (558 posts) -

I played a ton of magic the gathering with actual cards last night... that's pretty nerdy

#20 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

I read another chapter from a Warhammer 40k novel.

#21 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

I listened to the Penny Arcade D&D game podcast, even though I don't play D&D at all and just wanted to here some more PA banter. The nerdy part is that I kind of liked the D&D part.

#22 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Logged into Giant Bomb, I guess

#23 Posted by Danteveli (1205 posts) -

@CoolDrMoney said:

#24 Edited by doobie (605 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

@doobie said:

That's pretty damn nerdy. How hard it is to get Windows 7 to understand how to use a dotmatrix? Does it just see it as a very low resolution B&W?

well the software we develope is very fussy about the drivers that the dot matrix printers use, its software for the construction industry and some still use dotmatrix printer for payslips and cheques. problem is Win7 or Vista no longer come with the drivers we need so we have to piss around using the netuse command in dos to re rounte the driver that come with the printer to the one our software will recognise. and its not worth re-writing the software for the handful of user that still insist on using dot matrix printer.

#25 Posted by Irvandus (2900 posts) -

I grinded some levels in Persona 3 without making any story progress.

#26 Posted by IzzyGraze (854 posts) -

I visited giantbomb...

Other than that I watched an hour long video of TB playing the dayz mod for arma and I'm about to watch the TGS podcast.

#27 Posted by DeF (4979 posts) -

@CoolDrMoney said:

#28 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

told a car mechanic how to build a website

#29 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Discussed in-depth battle strategies in Warhammer 40k: Space Marine's Exterminatus Chaos Unleashed mode in-game whilst in 2/3 of wave 21 by having one enemy glitched in one spot and us figuring out what's best to do after we kill it.

We still ended up dying.

#30 Posted by triviaman09 (804 posts) -

@CoolDrMoney said:

Damn, beat me to it.

#31 Edited by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

I just watched an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? That good enough for ya?

#32 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

Had a fight with my housemate who of us gets to cosplay as Korra next fantasy fair, put my new poster of Darksiders 2 up and finished reading some strategy guides.

The guides have so many fun little tidbits and art in them!

#33 Posted by JacDG (2131 posts) -

graduated from school, with an A.

#34 Posted by Slay3r1583 (645 posts) -

I watched some anime. Does that count?

#35 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

Been playing Civ 5 and TF2 all day.

#36 Posted by gamefreak9 (2420 posts) -

@CoolDrMoney said:

#37 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I clicked on this thread and laughed at most of the comments because they aren't nerdy.

#38 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1148 posts) -

I just purchased front row tickets for the Legend of Zelda symphony.

#39 Posted by HoM3R (208 posts) -

Jerked off

#40 Posted by NegativeCero (3041 posts) -

I spent 3 hours grinding aome of my characters to level 20 in Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon.

#41 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4284 posts) -

Stay up late so I could watch 2 rap battles that were uploaded last night

#42 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I made topics on giantbomb recently to read comments and see people's thoughts. Mainly because I was bored and had nothing better else to do.

#43 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

talked to the guy at the unemployment office about the state of the tablet market.

#44 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

Planned out buying a purple 3DS. The XL doesn't do a whole lot for me, Theatrhythm is coming up and I'll dig up something else to play on it.

#45 Edited by Socialone (202 posts) -

I tried to explain as concisely as possible the concept of Game of Thrones to a female friend after another guy got her lost in meaningless details.

Lord of the Rings -- TV show -- also based on books

#46 Posted by joshth (511 posts) -

I found and started listening to that podcast where the penny arcade guys play live dnd. And then I dreamed that Giantbomb would do it...

#47 Posted by Doctorchimp (4056 posts) -

@buft said:

talked to the guy at the unemployment office about the state of the tablet market.

My mind can't handle this paradox

#48 Posted by ds8k (414 posts) -

Overclocked my CPU to 4Ghz.

#49 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

I played DnD last night. Now I'm working on a video game. This whole weekend is nerdy.

#50 Posted by Nightriff (5367 posts) -

Currently having an argument about which Lord of the Rings film is the best...hard to get nerdier than that.