Latest Muse album....

rotorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I will make this short and sweet. Does anyone else feel like they are trying a bit too hard to be the Queen of this generation?

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I haven't been able to bring myself to buy it. Heard a couple of songs from it, and they sounded rough. Ever since they became more synomous with Twilight, their music has taken a bit of a turn.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GabrielCantor

Eh, maybe? I like Queen a lot, and Survival and United States of Eurasia, arguably Muse's most Queen-like songs, are probably my favorites. Outside of the occasional song like that though I guess I don't really hear it.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

I liked Muse's first album and that was it. Trying too hard to be Queen exactly. Odd, considering The Black Parade is basically MCR trying to be queen and made a decent pop album whilst they were at it.

Muse kept the theatrics and added that Bellamy pretension, but seem to have forgotten how to make some good pop music.

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

After listening to it a bunch i think it's ok, not their best but some of the songs have good things going on in them. I just really hated anything with Chris singing and it felt a little too crammed, i wished it felt more relaxed like at the end of The Resistance where they just spent so long doing a huge orchestrated piece.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not great. I love their older stuff but the last few albums just haven't been very interesting. The best parts of the last few albums were the instrumental tracks.

rotorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rotorious

For me, it almost seems as though they have kinda abandoned what drew me to them in the first place. Origin of Symmetry and Absolution were the first muse albums I had ever heard and was instantly hooked on their intelligent use of pianos/orchestra and Bellamy's shredding(ok, scratching).

rotorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seem to find most of the 2nd Law pretentious, but on that note.....MAN....Madness is one helluva infectious song.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

To me the band kept getting better with every new album until the 4th one and have been going downhill since then. The Resistance was still good but this last one isn't so great. Not bad either though.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like tracks off of both "The Resistance" and "The 2nd Law"...is that so wrong? I'm not sure where the Queen comparison comes from beyond the use of choir in some songs.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I tried telling myself it was ok untill I got to unsustainable.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By FlipperDesert

I wish they would stop singing about fucking conspiracies in bad falsetto is all. We get it; aliens and shady governments. I used to love them around Absolution, but they lost it and now I sit here wishing they'd make more stuff like Hysteria.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never found Muse to be that good.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Meltac

Muse steadily got worse and worse after Absolution, which is a shame, because I freaking love Origins of Symmetry and Absolution.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EuanDewar

its not any good but its their best album

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like it. Panic station is alright.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By 49th

I used to think they were ok, but recently everything I hear from them sounds the same. It's so repetitive and the guys voice is quite annoying.

Also, the new song where the guy was playing a tablet attached to a fake guitar and just tapping on it for like 2 minutes... that was dumb as hell.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

It's a little melodramatic for my taste.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only know "Unnatural Selection" (thanks, Rocksmith!), and I really like that song, but I can imagine that style getting really old, really fast. Is that song indicative of their sound as a whole?

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge: Yeah, more or less. At least their more recent stuff. There's some variation, but you've got the gist.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters: Cheers. I'll give them a fair shot sometime and see how it goes.

As much as I love discovering new music, I really drag my feet when it comes to actually trying new bands for some reason, haha.