Latest PPV and weekly show discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

@turboman said:

True story today:

I was heading into GameStop to pick up WWE13. Picked up the box and headed towards the cash register and promptly dropped the box on the shelf and bought Ni No Kuni instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Daniel Bearden Vs. Y2J needed more time, one of the only matches I didn't skip through using Tivo.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10203  Edited By joshthebear

Man, the gifs being messed up is kind of a big deal; especially in this thread.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#10204  Edited By bobafettjm

@humphreys: I thought that match was pretty darn good. They need more matches like that and give them a lot of time to fill the 3 hours of Raw rather than some of the other junk that populates the show.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, the gifs being messed up is kind of a big deal; especially in this thread.

After reading some earlier posts, I found that the Spoiler tags are also broken.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@turboman: Having put an upwards of 85 hours into Ni No Kuni and having also played and subsequently traded in WWE 13' I can firmly say you made the correct choice here. Game is astounding.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've noticed that after every episode of WarLoC I make there is at least always one person after thinking about buying the game.

Don't buy the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I for one stopped playing '13 because I wrung it of achievements...i've been trying to play it some with my friend but it's too much of a different game then. Reversal timing is fucked.

Maybe i'm just tired of those type of games, I used to spend hundreds of hours playing THQ's series, nowadays I play more games as I have more money than I did back then.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I at one point wanted to buy '13, but that feeling subsided rather quickly.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@papercut said:

I've noticed that after every episode of WarLoC I make there is at least always one person after thinking about buying the game.

Don't buy the game.

It's not thaaaat bad. It has its frustrations but it definitely kept me entertained for a while. I would say probably don't buy it at full price but if you can get it for a little cheaper, go for it.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#10211  Edited By turboman

I just valued it this way:

With going to college, I have a very limited amount of time to play a game anymore.

X-Com / smaller games (PSN+/Walking Dead) filled out my gaming time during the fall, so a game like Ni No Kuni and other stuff will fill out my spring gaming time...

until of course Bioshock comes out...

and then The Last of Us...

and I still need to catch up on DmC...

This summer is going to be insane...

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

@papercut

said:

Don't buy the game.

It's not thaaaat bad. It has its frustrations but it definitely kept me entertained for a while. I would say probably don't buy it at full price but if you can get it for a little cheaper, go for it.

I think past Attitude mode, there isn't a lot of value in it from a gameplay perspective, but the game is still fun. THQ ain't a thing no more so you aren't hurting anyone buying it used.

And to be fair, most of the things that I hate about the game have nothing to do with playing it.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10213  Edited By Milkman

@papercut: You're definitely right that almost all of the appeal comes from the Attitude mode. Though you can make your own fun with some of the other modes like...I don't know, creating a wrestler in a gorilla suit and having him beat Undertaker at WrestleMania or having John Laurinaitis win every championship in the game.

And you're also right about the creation tools being total shit. The actual tools are fine but the loading times and just sluggish nature of it all is just maddening. I don't know how you possibly could go through with creating all these wrestlers and giving them all unique move sets without slitting your wrists.

It's deeply flawed but the Attitude mode is pretty long and for a wrestling nerd, the attention to detail is great. Not to mention that match where you play as Stone Cold and murder both of the New Age Outlaws is preeeetty good.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TJ311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I feel like putting my two cents into this WWE 13 discussion...

Everything you guys said is true.

I'M OUT!

But seriously, the attitude era mode is the only compelling reason to buy this game. I didn't start watching wrestling until right after all that stuff was happening but I knew most of the parts in the mode, so going and playing those moments was really fun. And I still have it, just in case...#NeverForget

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10216  Edited By SamStrife

Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker of this thread and I've decided that now the new site is up, I'm going to post a lot more in here.

Can't type much now (I'm at work) but I love (LOVE) Professional Wrestling and I've always enjoyed reading what you guys think about it. I really look forward to having some discussions with you guys about it all.

I would like to ask you guys, is it worth buying the Chikara subscription. The main thing holding me back is I don't know whether the money I pay allows me to watch their latest shows, or if there's a certain time period that elapses before I can. Do any of you guys know?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10217  Edited By musubi

So how is the betting for elimination chamber going to work? @drx25

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10218  Edited By joshthebear

So far we've got:

• Rock/Punk
  • Show/Del Rio
  • Elimination Chamber match
  • Super Friends/Shield
  • Miz/Cesaro
  • Pre show match

That's about it, right? Maybe a diva's match to be added?

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@demoskinos: I'll post it after Smackdown (just in case they pull a fast one and make a last minute change).

@joshthebear: They added Kaitlyn/Tamina for the Divas Title during Raw (not on the show, but on the APP!)

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabid619 said:

@fateofnever

said:

Hey, I finally have the site (mostly) working!I just have to reload most pages to get them to actually load.Now I just have to get rid of this white page and find some sweet sweet dark black to match the color of my soul.If you can even do that or not...

Top right corner, where there's a Black A and a White A. Bam!

Found it! Thanks. I haven't been on the beta site at all so I'm still adapting to the new site. I like it though.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10222  Edited By papercut

Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker of this thread and I've decided that now the new site is up, I'm going to post a lot more in here.

Can't type much now (I'm at work) but I love (LOVE) Professional Wrestling and I've always enjoyed reading what you guys think about it. I really look forward to having some discussions with you guys about it all.

I would like to ask you guys, is it worth buying the Chikara subscription.The main thing holding me back is I don't know whether the money I pay allows me to watch their latest shows, or if there's a certain time period that elapses before I can.Do any of you guys know?

Welcome aboard

The Chikara thing right now does not look like it includes their latest shows, it seems more like a back log of their stuff and hopefully more indie stuff in the future. We'll just have to wait and see what it turns out to be.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10223  Edited By SamStrife

@papercut: Thank you. That's a shame about Chikara, I would have been happy to pay it if I could watch their latest stuff within a day or so of it happening. Need some Indie wrestling in my life desperately.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10224  Edited By SamStrife

@papercut: Thank you. That's a shame about Chikara, I would have been happy to pay it if I could watch their latest stuff within a day or so of it happening. Need some Indie wrestling in my life desperately.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just tried to record Milkman and Hockeymask27's WarLoC match earlier today and they decided to get stuck in an endless pin reversal loop. Is that a draw?

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut said:

I just tried to record Milkman and Hockeymask27's WarLoC match earlier today and they decided to get stuck in an endless pin reversal loop. Is that a draw?

Sounds like a good excuse to throw in a stipulation to me!

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut said:

Ah, the good ol' leverage pin reversal loop. Also, Wed Night Wrasslin on for tonight or no?

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10229  Edited By joshthebear
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10230  Edited By musubi

@joshthebear: Fantastic news. DDP is a fantastic human being. I would really really like to see Scott get clean and get back in shape. Even if he doesn't ever wrestle again getting sober and back in shape enough to be on TV as a manager or something would be great.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10231  Edited By laserbolts

I would like to ask you guys, is it worth buying the Chikara subscription.The main thing holding me back is I don't know whether the money I pay allows me to watch their latest shows, or if there's a certain time period that elapses before I can.Do any of you guys know?

Dont know anything about Chikara but welcome to the madness that is this thread. Best thread on giantbomb imo.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Yup and, in case this place goes down again, it's here at 8 pm for Main Event and 9 pm for WNW.

EDIT: And the password is the same as always, pizzacutter

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drx25: Awesome, last week was fun so I'll try to remember to show up from now on especially since @papercut is going crazy with the WarLoC stuff now.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#10235  Edited By bennym6
No Caption Provided

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see Ziggler's boner make a triumphant return on Main Event.

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10238  Edited By Miketakon

I like that Chikara "Netflix" I used to buy all the shows then it started to add up. I'd only watch them once or twice so this is perfect for me.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, here's how you debut El Generico.

You run a series of vignettes shot in Mexico. You hear a smooth Spanish voice, "I am a Mexican superstar who has conquered everything set in front of me. I am loved by all of Mexico, especially the orphans who I take care of. And now I am coming to America to fulfill my destiny....Ole!" The name "EL GENERICO" flashes across the screen. You never see this "El Generico", just a red cape fluttering in the wind. You run these videos for a few weeks but never actually see him.

Finally, his debut comes. We come back from commercial...

Loading Video...

We see 3MB air guitaring in the ring together as Heath Slater prepares for his match. Then his music hits...

Loading Video...

And out runs not the Mexican superstar we were promised but a skinny white guy in a mask. 3MB looks on incredulously as Generico sprints towards the ring. They all start to point and laugh as Slater stands in the corner with the rest of his band mates. This is the great El Generico? What a joke! Then the bell rings...

YAKUUUUUUUZZZA KICK

BRAAAAIIINNNN BUSSSSTTAAAAAAAAA

(which Slater sells like a fucking champ)

ONE...TWO...THREE!

The crowd goes nuts. In two weeks, the entire crowd is chanting along with his theme song. Within six months, El Generico's mask is the top selling item on WWE Shop.com and he's a friend to children everywhere.

Ole!

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So on WNW it was concluded that at some point in the future of WarLoC (most likely on the same episode that will have the WarLoC tournament finals) there is going to be a 3-on-3 elimination tag match consisting of Team Canada vs. Team U.S.A.

If you are a member of WarLoC and resident of either the U.S. or Canada (Sorry U.K.) pledge your allegiance to your native land in the comment section of this photo.

No Caption Provided

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@milkman said:

Okay, here's how you debut El Generico.

You run a series of vignettes shot in Mexico. You hear a smooth Spanish voice, "I am a Mexican superstar who has conquered everything set in front of me. I am loved by all of Mexico, especially the orphans who I take care of. And now I am coming to America to fulfill my destiny....Ole!" The name "EL GENERICO" flashes across the screen. You never see this "El Generico", just a red cape fluttering in the wind. You run these videos for a few weeks but never actually see him.

Finally, his debut comes. We come back from commercial...

Loading Video...

We see 3MB air guitaring in the ring together as Heath Slater prepares for his match. Then his music hits...

Loading Video...

And out runs not the Mexican superstar we were promised but a skinny white guy in a mask. 3MB looks on incredulously as Generico sprints towards the ring. They all start to point and laugh as Slater stands in the corner with the rest of his band mates. This is the great El Generico? What a joke! Then the bell rings...

YAKUUUUUUUZZZA KICK

BRAAAAIIINNNN BUSSSSTTAAAAAAAAA

(which Slater sells like a fucking champ)

ONE...TWO...THREE!

The crowd goes nuts. In two weeks, the entire crowd is chanting along with his theme song. Within six months, El Generico's mask is the top selling item on WWE Shop.com and he's a friend to children everywhere.

Ole!

I'm not super familiar with El Generico, but I hope they keep the theme song and the mask. WWE has to know that the Ole chant will get over practically instantly if he is pushed right upon his debut. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the name, mask, and theme though, which would be the worst.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@williamhenry: well, if he's out there on an NXT house show as El Generico, that must mean that either WWE bought the name from him or they agreed that he's allowed to use the name (since he owns the IP of El Generico).

WWE made him stop selling his own merchandise, so all signs are pointing to El Generico in WWE (which makes me super fucking stoked)

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I'm unbanned for some reason and naturally came here to share the news.

I'm assuming it is an accident and that it won't last (though I'd be thrilled if it did and willing to make all sorts of promises), so I was wondering if any of you chuckleheads know what is going on? Has anyone else been unbanned, and, if so, are the mods just automatically rebanning folks?

I'd like to think this is a chance at redemption, but I doubt it.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: Yes to everything about that. Also, working gifs. How so?

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Here's my fear. Every Indy company have been in on the gag. I'm afraid that with Jerry Lawler being the worst, that him or someone else on commentary could ruin the gimmick. The bit is is that he's Canadian but everyone acts like he's from Tijuana. It would suck if they were like "HE'S ACTUALLY CANADIAN COLE HAAAHA". That would be the worst.

I love your idea. Generico is like my number number two wrestler of all time.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@milkman: If that is how it happens, and it needs to happen like that, all faith will be restored in wrestling and the WWE.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10247  Edited By turboman

@tim_the_corsair: I think CL60 posted too, so you're not the only one. Dunno what mods are doing about it.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10248  Edited By joshthebear

Some more pictures of El Generico in NXT:

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does Generico crave out a niche in WWE? They have Rey and Cara as the masked men and Del Rio is their pro-Mexico face. Will they let Generico hang with these folks? I am a little worried about him finding his place.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshthebear: The only way I could get GIFs to work is by dragging and dropping them into the text box.