This topic is locked from further discussion.

#10251 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

@milkman: Very nice, I never even thought of doing that.

#10252 Edited by DazzHardy (786 posts) -

@jewunit: Rey's gotta be almost done. He doesn't look like he's in great shape, and he's injury prone now. Sin Cara is getting better, and is pretty popular in Mexico, so he has that going for him, but if he still has a language barrier, then there's only so much he can do, and he has a bit of a botch legacy that he still seems baggaged with. El Generico is an indie darling, much like Punk and Bryan, so hopefully smart crowds will be behind him anyways. Masked guys ALWAYS sell Merch, Hurricane was second only to Cena if I remember. As long as they let him keep the El Generico gimmick, which I'm hoping they are, I reckon he'll do quite well. Maybe never be the biggest star, or even really main event material, but an incredible mid level face easily. That's something I think the WWE need now too.

#10253 Posted by TurboMan (7695 posts) -

I want to give DDP a hug right now so badly.

In the video: DDP gets a DM from Sean Waltman saying that Hall was talking about getting a gun, DDP calls up Hall and talks to him for a bit and Jake helps encourage Hall to get on a flight for Atlanta. Really emotional stuff, I'm so happy that DDP is able to do this for his friends.

Yeah, it's kind of a publicity stunt for DDP Yoga, but after seeing Jake become sober (for now), it would be incredible to see Hall getting his act together.

#10254 Posted by Rabid619 (1106 posts) -

So glad to see Jake is doing so well. It's almost surreal considering how bad he had been in the past. If he can get Scott healthy too, that would be amazing.

Curious question, I know a few people on here have tried DDP yoga, what package did you go for?

#10255 Posted by papercut (3532 posts) -

@turboman: I sure hope that video has a happy ending because I made it about 4 minutes and had to stop. I hope he's ok.

#10256 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

I sincerely hope that Scott gets some help, as that phone call was hard to listen to. Although, I never thought Jake would get better and look how that's turned out.

#10257 Posted by bennym6 (423 posts) -

I hate the term "indie darling". It's attitudes like that that made Daniel Bryan lose for a year. Just because someone was successful without the WWE doesn't need to be shit on. You're not shitting on him though, it's just a pet peeve.

#10258 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
#10259 Edited by Milkman (17204 posts) -

Ahem...I may have just teared up a bit watching that DDP video. That's amazing. DDP is the best and the progress that Jake seems to have made in such a short amount of time is astounding. I hope so badly that they can help Scott as well. Wrestling needs more stories like this.

On a lighter note, maybe Turbo is right about this whole Community thing. Joel McHale did a live Q&A for the Uproxx.com (pretty much an AMA) and this happened:

#10260 Posted by Demoskinos (15115 posts) -

Growing up and idolizing Razor Ramon I can't tell you how much seeing Scott Hall decend into madness has bummed me out. That E60 interview with him was so goddamned depressing. I really hope they can get him sober. With the right support system I think he might be able to do it. A good support system is the KEY thing when it comes to staying sober as an addict. Keeping people around you that will support you and hold you responsible. Most of the time when a recovering addict falls off the wagon its because they get left to their own devices for way to long and then something triggers them. Man, I really really hope Scott gets help. The only WWE pay-per-view I was ever to was Summerslam 95' and I got to see Razor vs HBK in the WM10 rematch for the IC title in a ladder match. It was great. I remember having to pee SO BAD but I was so excited to see Razor that I fucking held that shit until the match was over. I don't want him to be another Benoit and sully his legacy.

#10261 Posted by DrX25 (1550 posts) -
#10262 Posted by Rabid619 (1106 posts) -

So... anyone have any idea what time they do that NXT stream? I thought it was around this time, but there's nothing on.

#10263 Posted by DrX25 (1550 posts) -

@rabid619: There's no taping tonight, the next one is next week.

#10264 Posted by Demoskinos (15115 posts) -

Cause Valentines Day guys.

#10265 Posted by Rabid619 (1106 posts) -

@drx25: Ah, alright thanks. Good news, NXT is on TV right now anyway. Bray Wyatt is pretty fantastic.

#10266 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -
#10267 Posted by jewunit (1064 posts) -

Does anyone remember these old WWF video game ads? Warrior looks really different in each of them.

#10268 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Cause Valentines Day guys.

Ha, best Valentine's Day card.

#10269 Posted by WilliamHenry (1206 posts) -

@turboman said:

@williamhenry: well, if he's out there on an NXT house show as El Generico, that must mean that either WWE bought the name from him or they agreed that he's allowed to use the name (since he owns the IP of El Generico).

WWE made him stop selling his own merchandise, so all signs are pointing to El Generico in WWE (which makes me super fucking stoked)

I wouldn't read too much into him being out there as El Generico so far. It could easily just be a sign of WWE not having a name and gimmick for him yet. I won't believe WWE lets him keep the name and gimmick until I see him on TV.

#10270 Posted by papercut (3532 posts) -

My nomination for Team USA's theme

#10271 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

@papercut: Oh man I completely forgot about the American Males, and I whole heartily agree with that choice. Good on you for not going with the obvious choices of The Patriot's theme and Real American.

#10272 Posted by jewunit (1064 posts) -

@papercut: I was with you until the singers....."sang".

#10273 Posted by Rabid619 (1106 posts) -

You crazy Americans have your dumb theme, I have something FAR better to blow all of you out of the water.

Let me introduce you to Canada's second national anthem. The Hockey Night in Canada theme! The old one, anyway.

Take that, you silly Yanks.

Heads up to my Canadian brethren, Team Canada is STILL looking for members. Right now it looks to be me and FateOfNever, unless I have missed someone.

#10274 Posted by TurboMan (7695 posts) -

wait... Buddy Ray tore his Quad? That really sucks.

#10275 Posted by papercut (3532 posts) -

@turboman said:

Oh no...now that storyline will never pay off...

In all seriousness though that really sucks. He is one of the only things that makes TNA bearable. I wish Calfzilla a speedy recovery.

@rabid619: I'm pretty sure @drx25 was willing to join your ranks. And though this has not been confirmed, I'm pretty sure @hockeymask27 is canadian too. Just a wild guess.

Also it looks like picture comments can only hold 5 comments at a time and then the older comments get deleted. So that's weird.

#10276 Edited by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@papercut said:

@turboman said:

In all seriousness though that really sucks. He is one of the only things that makes TNA bearable. I wish Calfzilla a speedy recovery.

@rabid619: I'm pretty sure @drx25 was willing to join your ranks. And though this has not been confirmed, I'm pretty sure @hockeymask27 is canadian too. Just a wild guess.

Also it looks like picture comments can only hold 5 comments at a time and then the older comments get deleted. So that's weird.

Now that's just being racist(nationalist) . Assuming I'm Canadian because I have Hockey in my name. God..its not like I sung about it on the internet or anything. But what is this "team" you mention I've been out of the loop.

#10277 Posted by Milkman (17204 posts) -

@papercut said:

@turboman said:

According to his TWITTAH MACHINE, it's just a partial tear and he's going to try to work through it.

#10278 Posted by papercut (3532 posts) -

@hockeymask27: There is a 16-man WarLoC tournament. At the end of the tournament right before the finals there will be a 3-on-3 elimination tag match. Team U.S.A. vs Team Canada.

#10279 Posted by Wikitoups (870 posts) -

someone hook me up for team canada!

#10280 Edited by MrMuscle (448 posts) -
#10281 Posted by DrX25 (1550 posts) -
#10282 Edited by Wikitoups (870 posts) -

@mrmuscle: Probably Wrestlemania ticket sales, and Match in a lifetime 2:Electric Buggaloo

#10283 Edited by rentfn (1285 posts) -

How many times will they force Taker to walk down the ramp if the lights keep going out in NOLA

#10284 Edited by DrX25 (1550 posts) -
#10285 Posted by DazzHardy (786 posts) -

The fact I spelt it wrong is only making it funnier to me.

#10286 Posted by bennym6 (423 posts) -

@dazzhardy: Also how random, right? First of all due to the fact that there's 8 Eeveelutions (I believe) the joke doesn't really play. Also if you were going to pick 4 wouldn't you pick the first 4 from the original series?

#10287 Edited by DrX25 (1550 posts) -

Smackdown is done, LoC TIME!

1. FateOfNever - 7200 pts

2. DrX25 - 6950 pts

3. papercut - 4650 pts

4. Milkman – 3450 pts

5. joshthebear - 3150 pts

6. GunslingerPanda - 2990 pts

7. spankingaddict - 2880 pts

8. TurboMan - 2250 pts

9. SlightConfuse - 2100 pts

10. GentlemanlyGentleman - 1555 pts

11. DoesitOffendYou_Yeah - 1440 pts

12. Rabid619 - 1400 pts

13. Demoskinos - 860 pts

14. Aronleon/TJ311 – 850 pts

16. zombiesatemycereal - 805 pts

17. MVP1101 – 800 pts

18. Lumley/awesomeusername - 700 pts

20. DazzHardy - 650 pts

21. Nameless2000 - 580 pts

22. Dynablade - 530 pts

23. MayorMikeAckbar - 500 pts

24. lord_canti - 450 pts

25. halfpastwhenever - 350 pts

26. Wikitoups - 330 pts

27. rentfn - 300 pts

28. TheLark - 260 pts

29. returnofjake - 200 pts

30. MrMuscle - 150 pts

So here are the official rules:

• Everyone starts with 200 points.
  • You don't have to sign up, just make predictions and I'll add ya to the rankings.
  • Using your 200 points you pick the winners of each match and assign a point value based on how confident you are in the winner.
  • You can only use the number of points you have to bet. In other words if you have 75 points, you can only bid up to 75 points for that entire show.
  • You do not have to bet on every match.
  • If you have more than 200 points, you can't bet all your points into one match.
  • If you reach 0 then you are eliminated.
  • Whoever is in #1 after the PPV is allowed to have the Championship belt in their avatar.
  • If your prediction post is edited after the PPV, then you are disqualified for the event.
  • You must have your predictions in before the PPV/Pre-Show begins.
  • If the match ends in a draw (if Mark Henry suplexes The Big Show and the ring implodes, etc.), the prediction is cancelled and no points will be awarded/taken away.
  • The LoC committee has the right to change the rules if necessary.

And here's the official list of Matches (via WWE.com):

• Brodus Clay and Tensai vs Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow) - Tag Team Match (Pre-Show Match).
  • Divas Champion Kaitlyn vs Tamina Snuka - Singles Match for the Divas Championship.
  • United States Champion Antonio Cesaro vs The Miz - Singles Match for the United States Championship.
  • World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio vs The Big Show - Singles Match for the World Heavyweight Championship.
  • Kane vs Randy Orton vs Chris Jericho vs Jack Swagger vs Mark Henry vs Daniel Bryan - Elimination Chamber Match where the winner faces the World Heavyweight Champion at Wrestlemania (See Rules for this match below).
  • John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus vs The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins) - Six Man Tag Match.
  • WWE Champion The Rock vs CM Punk - Singles Match for the WWE Championship (If Rock is disqualified or counted out, CM Punk becomes WWE Champion).

For the Elimination Chamber Match there is no buy-in for the match, just post a table following this format (6 Rows and 5 Columns) and I'll count it:

Order of EliminationSuperstarEnteredEliminated ByMethod of Elimination
#1Chris Jericho#2Mark HenryPin
#2Randy Orton#5Mark HenryPin
#3Jack Swagger#6Mark HenryPin
#4Mark Henry#3KanePin
#5Kane#4Daniel BryanSubmission
WinnerDaniel Bryan#1N/AN/A

Each correct slot it worth 25 points for a grand total of 600 points and posting the table gets you 50 free points (I'm not counting the order of elimination).

#10288 Edited by Rabid619 (1106 posts) -
@bennym6 said:

@dazzhardy: Also how random, right? First of all due to the fact that there's 8 Eeveelutions (I believe) the joke doesn't really play. Also if you were going to pick 4 wouldn't you pick the first 4 from the original series?

Well, you are kind of looking at the joke in the wrong way. Though you are right that there are 8 Eeveelutions, it's over four generations, which are represented in that picture. The joke does play, you were just looking for the wrong joke.

(Pokemon is serious business)

#10289 Edited by Rabid619 (1106 posts) -

Alright so I've got 1400 points to work with... holy shit. That's a lot. Time to take a big risk and see how this shindig goes down.

• Brodus Clay and Tensai vs Team Rhodes Scholars - I'd hate to see Rhodes Scholars lose the ever anticipated reunion, but I unfortunately think it is likely. Sad day.
  • Divas Champion Kaitlyn vs Tamina Snuka - 100 points on Kaitlyn - You don't just take away a title from Kaitlyn after the strides she's made.
  • United States Champion Antonio Cesaro vs The Miz - 300 points on Antonio Cesaro - Cesaro has been consistently getting better and better, and looking more and more powerful. With the way he destroyed Miz on Raw, I don't see him losing.
  • World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio vs The Big Show - No reason to have Show be the one to take the title from Del Rio. If anything, I say Ziggler cashes in, but I don't think that will happen either. Viva Del Rio!
  • Kane vs Randy Orton vs Chris Jericho vs Jack Swagger vs Mark Henry vs Daniel Bryan - Elimination Chamber Match where the winner faces the World Heavyweight Champion at Wrestlemania - This... this should be interesting. I only don't have a clue who will win, but I will be happy with whoever it is, as long as his name isn't Randy Orton. Go everyone!
  • John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus vs The Shield - 1000 points on The Shield - #BelieveInTheShield
  • WWE Champion The Rock vs CM Punk - I think we all know where this one goes. None of us will like it, but hopefully we'll get an interesting match out of it.
#1Jack Swagger#2Randy OrtonPin
#2Chris Jericho#3Daniel BryanPin
#3Daniel Bryan#5KanePin
#4Kane#6Mark HenryPin
#5Randy Orton#1Mark HenryPin
WinnerMark Henry#4N/AN/A
#10290 Edited by zombiesatemycereal (427 posts) -

805 pts

• Brodus Clay and Tensai vs Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow) - 0 points
  • Divas Champion Kaitlyn vs Tamina Snuka - 10 points on Kaitlyn
  • United States Champion Antonio Cesaro vs The Miz - 20 points on Cesaro
  • World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio vs The Big Show - 10 points on ADR
  • John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus vs The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins) - 760 points on The Shield - BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD
  • WWE Champion The Rock vs CM Punk - 5 points on Punk

#1Chris Jericho#3Randy OrtonPin
#2Randy Orton#1KanePin
#3Kane#4Daniel BryanSubmission
#4Daniel Bryan#2Mark HenryPin
#5Mark Henry#6Jack SwaggerSubmission
WinnerJack Swagger#5N/AN/A

#10291 Posted by papercut (3532 posts) -

Krazy™ Chamber Time!

The Krazy™ Chamber will pit our Wrestling Wizard Champion, @dazzhardy, against 5 other competitors. 2 of them are former champions and the other 3 were just one or two spots away from winning the Wizard Rumble. They are @rabid619, @drx25, @turboman, @aronleon and @joshthebear.

The Krazy™ Chamber will act the same as any other Wizard title defense, but only the six of you are eligible. In the event that there is no clear winner between the six of you, the deciding factor will default to the LoC Elimination Chamber match predictions. At that point whoever gets the closest in the EC predictions will be Wrestling Wizard Champion.

Rules For Krazy™ Predictions

• You get up to 5 predictions.
  • Have your predictions in before the start of the pre-show.
  • Unlike LOC, predictions on winners of matches don't apply unless there are some Krazy™ circumstances added (i.e. Cena wins, FUs Johnny through SAT).
  • Who ever gets the Kraziest™ prediction right wins the belt.
  • lame predictions won't be counted (i.e. Santino has a comedy skit, Heel has DQ finish, Divas match lasts 2 minutes).
  • I will be the Decider of Krazy™
#10292 Edited by Milkman (17204 posts) -

I gotta say that this probably the least excited I've been for a WWE PPV in a long time. Beyond the EC, which should be fun, I'm looking forward to just about nothing. Anyways...

Otakusaurus vs. Rhodes Scholars - I'm not completely against the Clay-Tensai team but billing this match as a "one night only" reunion for Rhodes Scholars pretty much seals their fate here, which makes me incredibly sad. (575 on Brodus Clay & Tensai)

Kaitlyn vs. Tamina - Hey, let's keep the Divas off TV for like 3 weeks and then just thrust them into a PPV match! That'll make people care! (575 on Kaitlyn)

Antonio Cesaro vs. The Miz - The Miz has done literally nothing to earn this shot and unless Cesaro is going to big swing Miz into the fucking sun, I don't care about this match. (575 on Cesaro)

Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show - I love this feud but I'm not really all that excited about watching these guys wrestle again. I know we say this literally every month but I'm expecting a Ziggler cash in here. (575 on Del Rio)

WWE All-Stars vs. The Shield - Gathered together from the cosmic reaches of the universe are the most powerful forces of good ever assembled. John Cena! Ryback! Sheamus! Together they are...the Super Friends! (575 on Cena, Ryback & Sheamus)

The Rock vs. CM Punk - UGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH (575 on Rock)

Order of EliminationWrestlerEnteredEliminated byMethod of Elimination
#1Kane#3Daniel BryanPin
#2Jack Swagger#4Randy OrtonPin
#3Daniel Bryan#1Mark HenryPin
#4Randy Orton#5Mark HenryPin
#5Mark Henry#6Chris JerichoPin
WINNERChris Jericho#2N/AN/A
#10293 Posted by Rabid619 (1106 posts) -

Time for some K-k-k-k-kraaaaazy predictions!

• Deep into the WWE Title match, The Shield comes out of the crowd and surrounds the ring while both Rock and Punk are in the ring. Once they step onto the apron, they eye both men, and then set eyes on Rock and step through the ropes. As Rock stares at them and prepares himself, The Shield instead turn their attention to CM Punk, viciously attacking him and giving the referee no choice but to end the match... by disqualification. The announcers are in shock as they realize what this means, and the referee raises the hand of your NEW WWE Champion, CM Punk.
  • In the Elimination Chamber, when the final entrant is finally released, Team Hell No begins cleaning house. Taking out all in their way, which leads to Daniel Bryan getting a surprise pinfall on Chris Jericho. As a surprised Bryan excitedly turns around to his partner Kane, he is met with not a hug, but a Chokeslam, eliminating Bryan himself. As Bryan is making his way out of the ring he argues with Kane and creates a window for Mark Henry, who catches Kane by surprise and hits him with the Worlds Strongest Slam for another pinfall.
  • In the match between The Shield and The Superheroes, The Shield isolates Sheamus. Sheamus puts up a good fight, hitting White Noise on a member of Shield and shouting for his Brogue Kick, but while he is going for the Kick itself, he is intercepted by a spear from Roman Reigns. This leads to the rest of The Shield, as a team, picking Sheamus apart and ultimately pinning him while holding off both Cena and Ryback.
  • We see a backstage segment where Zack Ryder confronts AJ. He calls her out for being a "Hoeski" for kissing all of those guys in the past year. Coming to AJ's defense is not Dolph Ziggler, but instead Big E Langston, who challenges Ryder to a match that night.
  • Antonio Cesaro comes out in a full American Flag tracksuit, pants and all.

Alright, there's my Krazy picks for Sunday. I look forward to seeing all of yours. Good luck.

#10294 Posted by Rabid619 (1106 posts) -

One more thing, before I forget to mention it. Since the site relaunch GB seems to no longer specify WHEN a post was edited, so it might be a good idea for @drx25 and @papercut to save peoples predictions, so that no one does a sneaky change. Up to you guys, just giving a heads up.

#10295 Posted by TurboMan (7695 posts) -

Otakusaurus vs. Rhodes Scholars - no clue what they're doing here. One part of me wants to believe that the Rhodes Scholars reunion tour isn't over yet. The other part knows that WWE is going to be behind the next goofy tag team. (50 points on Otakusaurus)

Kaitlyn vs. Tamina - Don't care at all. Kaitlyn is never going to improve and the Diva's division is doomed until the next batch of women show up. (200 on Kaitlyn)

Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show - ADR shouldn't lose the belt to Show here. (500 on ADR)

WWE All-Stars vs. The Shield - No clue why they're going to give The Shield a loss in their second match, but it's gonna happen against Cena (500 on Cena)

The Rock vs. CM Punk - We know where this is going... (1000 on The Rock)

Order of EliminationWrestlerEnteredEliminated byMethod of Elimination
#1Kane#3Daniel BryanPin
#2Randy Orton#2Jack SwaggerPin
#3Jack Swagger#4Chris JerichoPin
#4Chris Jericho#5Mark HenryPin
#5Daniel Bryan#1Mark HenryPin
WINNERMark Henry#6N/AN/A
#10296 Posted by TurboMan (7695 posts) -
#10297 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

3150 points to mess with here. I have to say, I'm not super excited about the card, but here we go:

• Brodus Clay and Tensai vs Team Rhodes Scholars - [0 on Funksai] I hate to see Rhodes/Sandow lose on their reunion tour, but with the way Funksai is going I don't see them winning
  • Divas Champion Kaitlyn vs Tamina Snuka - [250 on Kaitlyn] I just don't see Kaitlyn losing here.
  • United States Champion Antonio Cesaro vs The Miz - [950 on Cesaro] After what Cesaro did to Miz on Raw, there's no way he loses here. That made him look like an absolute beast.
  • World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio vs The Big Show - [1500 on ADR] Del Rio has been looking extremely strong lately, and I don't really see them taking the title off him with Show. Maybe a cash in, maybe not.
  • John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus vs The Shield - [150 on Super Friends] Super Friends, assemble!
  • WWE Champion The Rock vs CM Punk - [300 on Rocky] FuckThisCompany.jpg

#1Kane3Daniel BryanPin
#2Jack Swagger1Mark HenryPin
#3Mark Henry4Randy OrtonPin
#4Randy Orton5Daniel BryanPin
#5Daniel Bryan2Chris JerichoPin
WinnerChris Jericho6N/AN/A

#10298 Edited by TurboMan (7695 posts) -

Time to get KRAZY ^ TM.

• Somebody WILL go through the announce table during the Elimination Chamber Match
  • Dr. Shelby will make an appearance and Kane will do something horrible to him.
  • Cena will point to the WrestleMania sign a total of three times during the night.
  • ADR wins, big show knocks out ADR post-match, and Ziggler will tease cashing in, but isn't going to do it yet.
  • The Punk-Rock rematch will be the time that everyone kicks out of each others finishing moves. I'm guessing Rock will kick out of one GTS and one Elbow Drop, and Punk will kick out of The People's Elbow, but not the Rock Bottom.
#10299 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

K-K-K-KRAZY™

• Following his actions on Monday, Cesaro will use the Giant Spin on Miz during his match
  • Del Rio successfully defends his title against Show, only to be destroyed and subsequently cashed in on by Ziggy with the help of Big E Langston.
  • Mark Henry will somehow throw someone through one of the EC pods, breaking it.
  • During the course of the Elimination Chamber match, Daniel Bryan & Kane will hug it out.
  • Punk will use the Rock Bottom on Dwayne.
#10300 Posted by happypup70 (172 posts) -

Great analysis guys. I expect that the Elimination chamber will go something like this:

good guy will beat bad guy except when good guys rep is less than bad guys rep. Bad guy will have triumphant moment. Good guy will have Triumphant moment. the resolution of every conflict happens at wrestlemania.