This topic is locked from further discussion.

#10451 Edited by MHumphreys89 (710 posts) -
My thoughts.

@hockeymask27 said:

I like the new belt without the bull plates. I think having the bling on every part doesn't make the middle look so bad.

If that's real, and it will look like that after Rock drops it, I can live with it I guess...

#10452 Edited by WilliamHenry (1200 posts) -

@totaboy said:

I don't like all the empty black space. It looks cheap. Like I could buy it for fifty dollars.

Also, I think the W logo is outdated. They need a new, less "90s edgy" logo.

There have been leaks of proposed logo redesigns, but for whatever reason, they have held off on making them official. From the few I've seen, they have made the right call. Its safe to say that they won't be changing the logo anytime soon after unveiling the new title.

#10453 Edited by GorillaMoPena (1926 posts) -

http://www.infowars.com/wwe-creates-racist-wrestler-to-demonize-tea-party/

Oh this Jack Swagger stuff is going to be fun.

#10454 Edited by TurboMan (7397 posts) -

@totaboy said:

I don't like all the empty black space. It looks cheap. Like I could buy it for fifty dollars.

There have been leaks of proposed logo redesigns, but for whatever reason, they have held off on making them official. From the few I've seen, they have made the right call. Its safe to say that they won't be changing the logo anytime soon after unveiling the new title.

I remember last year, there was a new logo for the WWE Network that looked kinda... bad.

#10455 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Man, Ambrose does some weird things with his facial expressions:

#10456 Posted by DrX25 (1486 posts) -

@turboman said:

@williamhenry said:

@totaboy said:

I remember last year, there was a new logo for the WWE Network that looked kinda... bad.

Yup...

Also, WWE responded to the outrage about Swagger and Zeb:

“WWE has a long history of creating fictional characters that serve as either protagonists or antagonists, no different than other television shows or feature films,” said Brian Flinn, WWE’s senior vpmarketing and communications. "To create compelling and relevant content for our audience, it is important to incorporate current events into our storylines.

“WWE is creating drama centered on a topical subject that has varying points of view to develop a rivalry between two characters," he adds. "This storyline in no way represents WWE’s political point of view. One should not confuse WWE’s storytelling with what WWE stands for, similar to other entertainment companies such as Warner Bros., Universal Studios or Viacom.”

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/wwe-addresses-complaints-bashing-tea-422461

#10457 Posted by papercut (3447 posts) -

#10458 Edited by MHumphreys89 (710 posts) -

Why are we getting so wound up about a wrestling gimmick? WWE programming reaches 14 million Americans every week – and millions more worldwide. To put it in context – that’s more than 10 times the amount of viewers who watch America’s top rated news show, The O’Reilly Factor.

This, specifically, made me laugh.

#10459 Edited by Dynablade (166 posts) -

@williamhenry: Hmmm...I disagree

As for the new belt design it looks a hell of a lot better then the spinner one. In my opinion the new title looks more professional and less toy like.

I thought Raw was ok last night. Jericho joining the fight against the Shield was cool seeing, Ricardo stealing Dolph's briefcase before he could cash it was awesome and troll worthy, and that whole match with the Shield was pretty decent and should have went on as the main event match.

#10460 Posted by DrX25 (1486 posts) -

By the way, none of the Raw guys are at the Smackdown taping since they're on their way to the Middle East (The Divas are there since they can't work in that part of the world).

Saturday Morning Slam Spoilers:

• Natalya defeated AJ Lee.
  • Daniel Bryan defeated Wade Barrett. Kane was on commentary.

Superstars Spoilers:

• Sin Cara defeated Drew McIntyre.
  • The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) defeated Natalya and Alicia Fox.

Main Event Cliffsnotes:

• The announcers were Miz and Cole.
  • Show opened the show and moaned about losing at EC and blamed Booker T. He said he was facing the locker room.
  • Big Show defeated The Usos.
  • Big Show defeated Brodus Clay.
  • Big Show defeated The Great Khali.
  • The Miz defeated Big Show by count out when Miz dropkicked him out of the ring and Show just left.
  • Brad Maddox was interviewed. He called him and Vicky running Raw the Bicky Era.
  • They showed the Swagger/Zeb video again.
  • Justin Gabriel was interviewed and was interrupted by Titus O'Neil.
  • Justin Gabriel defeated Titus O'Neil.
#10461 Edited by Milkman (16526 posts) -

This song will be playing in my head for the rest of my life.

#10462 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

@milkman: Oh god yes. I was trying to find this after hearing it on the newest botchamania.

#10463 Edited by TurboMan (7397 posts) -

That moment when you remember that Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins also owns a wrestling promotion...

Also, Big E is orchestrating a reverse hunger strike until his Twitter account is verified.

#10464 Edited by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@joshthebear: Anyone besides me think that Ambrose took some inspiration from Heath Ledger's Joker in Dark Knight? Like you said a lot of the facial expressions and mannerisms remind me of the joker from dark knight.

#10465 Edited by TJ311 (415 posts) -

#10466 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

@papercut said:

Is...is he...wearing an ICP shirt? Shit, he really is lost.

#10467 Edited by DrX25 (1486 posts) -

Smackdown Cliffsnotes:

• Alberto Del Rio opened the show and talked about Swagger's new personal views. He calls him out, but Randy Orton shows up instead. Randy wants to face Jack Swagger. Booker T comes out and makes Swagger/Orton and Del Rio/Barrett.
  • Sheamus defeated Damien Sandow with the Brogue Kick.
  • Kaitlyn and Layla defeated Aksana and Tamina when Kaitlyn speared Tamina.
  • Backstage segment with Zeb, Swagger and Barrett. Zeb said that Barrett was part of "The Problem" and hoped that Barrett and Del Rio would kill each other tonight.
  • Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter) defeated Randy Orton with The Roll-Up of Doom. Zeb was getting cheered by the crowd (By the way, the show was taped in Biloxi, Mississippi).
  • Another trailer for Dead Man Down aired, which led to a backstage segment where Sheamus mocked Barrett's acting skills and Barrett mocked Sheamus for losing to The Shield.
  • The Miz defeated Cody Rhodes with the Figure-Four Leglock.
  • Immigration promo from Zeb and Swagger.
  • Fandango promo aired.
  • Alberto Del Rio defeated Wade Barrett. Zeb and Swagger watched the match from the stage. After the match, Swagger and Del Rio had a stare down to close the show.

Also, this was shown at one point during the show (as an APP APP APP Exclusive):

Cody face turn? Kaitlyn heel turn? Pointless segment that'll never be brought up again?

#10468 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

@demoskinos: For sure, especially in the handheld promos they had, it was pretty noticeable. As long as he doesn't go off the deep end like Sting did, we'll be okay.

#10469 Posted by Hogshead (22 posts) -

Speaking of Batman references, I was sad Brad Maddox didn't break out the Bane voice this week.

With his new nickname of "A Real American", I was hoping they'd actually use "Real American" (or probably a remix with different lyrics) for Jack Swagger's theme, if only to draw some enormous heat.

#10470 Posted by TurboMan (7397 posts) -

@hogshead said:

With his new nickname of "A Real American", I was hoping they'd actually use "Real American" (or probably a remix with different lyrics) for Jack Swagger's theme, if only to draw some enormous heat.

Yeah, but Swagger's new theme is legitimately amazing.

Also, on WWE offending people on Fox enough for them to be talking about it on their programs... Mission Accomplished.

#10471 Posted by MHumphreys89 (710 posts) -

@turboman said:

They kept the spinner belt so long because of how well it sold.

After sleeping on it, I think I like the new belt... I dunno, it's just something modern about it when it's mostly leather.

The belt is probably calling your mind's attention to the *puts on glasses* current economic climate.

#10472 Posted by zombiesatemycereal (426 posts) -

#10473 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

I haven't been a huge fan of the new belt, but this picture is the first I've seen where I actually really like the look of it.

#10474 Posted by bennym6 (415 posts) -

@turboman: It might have sold well but if they released a new one it would sell better. I see why they didn't do a new one with Punk. What kid wants to buy the bad guys belt?

#10475 Posted by Krullban (1023 posts) -

#10476 Posted by TurboMan (7397 posts) -

WWE 2K is officially a thing and this year we will see WWE 2K14. 2K has hired a lot of the right people from THQ to continue to work with the WWE license and plans to merge Yukes into Visual Concepts.

#10477 Posted by Krullban (1023 posts) -

@turboman said:

WWE 2K is officially a thing and this year we will see WWE 2K14. 2K has hired a lot of the right people from THQ to continue to work with the WWE license and plans to merge Yukes into Visual Concepts.

Doubt we will see much of a change with the next game as it's already been in development for a while before THQ went under.

#10478 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@tj311: I need the 10 hour version now!!!!

@turboman: cant wait for the 2k15 version. Imagine a my career mode. It could be done day of reckoning style. They could have a promo section building off the way they have interviews in the nba 2k series. Same thing with the rewards game cover, billboard ect.....

#10479 Posted by MrMuscle (443 posts) -

So who do you guys think will take down The Shield? WIll they rule supreme until Wrestlemania? I mean they have thrown some of the biggest names against them allready and it might not be as amusing to watch them beat Jericho, Sheamus and Ryback for another 7 weeks. And what will happend at Wrestlemania? Will they try to pull out a couple of Hall of Famers to take them out? I cant really think who that would be.

#10480 Posted by FateOfNever (1814 posts) -

@mrmuscle said:

So who do you guys think will take down The Shield? WIll they rule supreme until Wrestlemania? I mean they have thrown some of the biggest names against them allready and it might not be as amusing to watch them beat Jericho, Sheamus and Ryback for another 7 weeks. And what will happend at Wrestlemania? Will they try to pull out a couple of Hall of Famers to take them out? I cant really think who that would be.

Nobody? Thinking back on it, a lot of the major factions that have existed were more or less killed by themselves. Evolution self destructed. Nexus battled with Cena and only Cena for a long time but eventually it was Cena + self destruction that stopped them (and then Punk took over and they just faded out.) NWO sort of self destructed? NWO was just an odd case, really. Main Event Mafia self destructed (not WWE related, but, another faction all the same.) Immortal just sort of faded out after Fortune split from them. It seems that most of the time the only thing that really stops a faction is some form of self destruction. Not that there aren't other ways for them to go, I can barely remember a lot of factions, but, self destruction seems like the most common method. The Shield does't really have a hierarchy that can self destruct right now. There is no leader or anything. They're not in it for the titles and for the power. They might be in it for the money (to an extent.) So I don't know. I think maybe they made a bit of a mistake putting them into three-man tag matches right from the get go. Because it does sort of build them up as this like "well, three man teams of the biggest stars in the company can't even win against them." so making that the finale of the group doesn't seem like something that would work. It also seems like it gives them little room for them to expand to either. If they're already beating three man teams, than if they ever focus on just single guys, they'd be untouchable still. Unless you get a group of like four or five or six guys to take them on instead.

#10481 Posted by papercut (3447 posts) -

WRESTLING WIZARD UPDATE

In 46 days the Wrestling Wizard Title will be defend by our new champ @joshthebear against newcomer and Wizard Rumble contender @ms_papercut.

For Wrestlemania the Wrestling Wizard Title will be defended under special rules. You will make 5 special Mania predictions in addition to 1 Krazy™ Predictions per match. (So if their are 5 matches at Wrestlemania, that would be 10 predictions in total).

Here are the 5 Special Wizardmania Predictions

• Predict Jerry "The King" Lawler's worst joke of the night.
  • Predict who will have the Botch of the Night.
  • Predict who will go through an announce table (if any).
  • Predict the theme of John Cena's Mania Entrance.
  • Predict the badumb backstage segment.

You two will make your predictions between the last Smackdown before Wretlemania and the start of Wrestlemania.

Remember that lame/obvious predictions will get you nowhere even if they come true.

And as always, I will be the Decider of Krazy™. Absolutely no bias there...

Good luck!

#10482 Edited by GorillaMoPena (1926 posts) -
#10483 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -
#10484 Posted by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -
#10485 Posted by totaboy (44 posts) -

Awwww maaannnn.

Why did you have to mess up, Swagger? I'm super disappointed. :(

So who gets his spot at Mania now? Mark Henry?

#10486 Edited by cmblasko (1122 posts) -
#10487 Edited by Milkman (16526 posts) -
#10488 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

#10489 Posted by TurboMan (7397 posts) -

Perhaps WWE can bring in the idea that Swagger attempted to hit a Mexican guy with a car or something.

#10490 Posted by ms_papercut (21 posts) -

@gorillamopena: Welp, I guess he's taking the high road to Wrestlemania.

#10491 Posted by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

@cmblasko: As I have no faith in the WWE to writers to incorporate the subtleties required to make the gimmick work, I'm kind of hoping this kills the whole thing dead in it's tracks.

#10492 Edited by zombiesatemycereal (426 posts) -

Man, Swaggie stop listening to that Kushinator.

@papercut: That once in a life time graphic is AMAZING.

#10493 Posted by Hadoken101 (713 posts) -

Wow, just as I was slowly coming around on my apathy for Swagger, he messes shit up like this.

#10494 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
#10495 Posted by rentfn (1277 posts) -

What an idiot. He is getting a huge push and then does this. It's like NFL players who get DWIs. The NFL has a policy where no matter where and when you call a number and a limo comes and gets you no questions asked. Yet idiots still endanger people on the roads. Oh well.

#10496 Posted by damswedon (3175 posts) -

God damn it. I guess it is back to Mars for Swagger.

#10497 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

#10498 Posted by Rabid619 (1091 posts) -

God damn it Swagger. What an idiot.

So Fandango gets his spot, yes?

#10499 Edited by jewunit (1054 posts) -

Well heck, he jacked his own swagger.

Maybe they can focus on Zeb until 'Mania. He could build some heat for Swagger the way Heyman built up Brock.

#10500 Posted by DrX25 (1486 posts) -

The WNW TNA Special will start after the Playstation Press Conference.

Also, dammit Swagger.