This topic is locked from further discussion.

#11101 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
#11103 Edited by DoesitOffendYou_Yeah (137 posts) -

@drx25 said:

Just in case you were wondering, Damien Sandow is still a genius:

Tony Dawson is actually quite funny...

#11104 Posted by damswedon (3185 posts) -

@drx25 said:

Just in case you were wondering, Damien Sandow is still a genius:

I love the idea that Teddy long just walks around the WWE offices like a bored and confused child.

#11105 Edited by TurboMan (7498 posts) -

Finally saw the Archibald Peck vs. Mr. Touchdown match.

(seriously, don't click reveal spoiler if you don't want to ruin the magic yourself)

Oh mah goodness gracious.

#11106 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

This is pretty amazing.

#11107 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Big E's twitter is so utterly good:

@iamJorgeCruz: Looks like hanging with @WWEAJLee has rubbed off on you.” Yeah, there was rubbing. So much rubbing. Ooh, rubbing...

#11108 Posted by TurboMan (7498 posts) -

So by the timeline on the front page, I'm guessing tomorrow is finally the day where Jeff announces a Wrestling Wiki.

#11109 Edited by papercut (3467 posts) -

Hey guys.

I've crawled out of my cave of deadlines/depression to, I don't know, give an update?

My laptop continues to be stolen and I'm more than likely not getting it back. What happened is I was in my studio space on Saturday. It's a set of spaces in the back of my college that senior illustration students can work on their thesis. I went upstairs to scan Pizzaboy stuff (I'll have more on that later) and when I came back down it was gone. It was only me and a friend in the studios and since it was the weekend there was basically no other people in the building. There was a fund raiser or something inhabited by a bunch of rich white parents, but I doubt it was any of them. If I had to guess it was some high school kid on a tour that did it, but I sure as hell can't prove anything.

It wasn't a total loss. I had a back up of my work, so i didn't lose too much of my work and what I did lose I wasn't too attached to. What I did lose was all of the WarLoC stuff I have recorded, but luckily that stuff is on youtube.

The biggest loss at this point was the Battle of the Bears. That sounds so dumb to say but it's true. It was all done. The match was amazing. There are things that happened...and the bear puns...AND THAT FINISH. GAH! The absolute worst part of it all is that when I went upstairs to scan, I was exporting the video from iMovie. It was that close.

Not to mention that I had recorded Aronleon vs Milkman and that mach was fucking amazing. Leon's grappling style vs Milkman's high flying antics is a great match up and I was really looking forward to showing that match. There was one spot where Aronleon was setting Milkman up on the top rope for a Super German Suplex when Milkman managed to fight him off. He then jumped of the top rope, going for a Dragoncanrana, but Aronleon reversed it into a powerbomb. Jeezus. And now it's gone.

God. Dammit.

So WarLoC is on hiatus for a while. It mostly for 2 reasons. A) I lost a lot of time to my laptop being stolen and now I've got to really get to work on my thesis project. And B) Losing the last episode of WarLoC really hurt. I put a ton of work into it and now it's gone. I need some time to be able to even turn on WWE 13 again. I'll be aiming to come back to it about after Wrestlemania.

And I want to thank @jewunit for offering to donate. It's a really generous offer and it means a lot to me, but I wouldn't be confortable doing it.

Well that's all I got. I'm going to go sulk now and ink Pizzaboy being put in a headlock by a guy with a pretty sick mullet.

#11110 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2030 posts) -

So having caught up on Smackdown. Did they neuter Brad Maddox as a character, or was that a one night night deal, because it seemed like he did commentary like a normal person. This would be TRAGIC.

#11111 Posted by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

So i think I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to take a break from wrestling. I'll pop in for Wrestlemania cause I kind of want to see that Punk vs Taker match but nothing has been catching my attention otherwise. Then I'll see how excited I am for it coming out of wrestlemania.

#11112 Edited by Milkman (16618 posts) -

@papercut: Between this, the Synchtube shutdown and The Rock's continued existence, it's a tough time for us in the wrestling thread. Hopefully, WarLoC can live on eventually. It would be damn shame if it had to end like this before I could really teach Canada a lesson.

#11113 Posted by Rabid619 (1094 posts) -

@papercut: That's a shame man, but it's good to hear that you had most things backed up. Don't rush for WarLoC, take your time and just relax on it for a bit until you feel the need to do it again.

@demoskinos: Dude I don't blame you. I've been feeling it a bit the last few weeks too. I think raw is just TOO LONG. 3 hours every Monday night seriously fucks up my schedule, and it just hasn't been good enough to make it worth it.. Hopefully post Mania it'll get more interesting again.

#11114 Posted by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

@rabid619: Out of the last three weeks two of them I ended up just playing Metal Gear Solid and the one I fell asleep for like 2 hours of it. So... yeah RAW is just too long man. When you think there is an upwards of 7 hours of WWE content 10 when there is a PPV that is just too much damn wrestling. I love it and I always will like video games its just part of who I am but some times man whew just gotta back away for awhile.

#11115 Posted by Rabid619 (1094 posts) -

@demoskinos: Yeah I've done the same a couple times lately, or have just shown up halfway through. When I do that and just catch a couple hours it is far less exhausting. By the end of a 3 hour show I feel like a damn nap heh.

The chat can usually drag me in on most nights, if it wasn't for that I couldn't even imagine how painful that would be on a bad night.

#11116 Edited by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

@rabid619: I'd show up to chat for RAW but unfortunately I use my TV as my monitor as well so...

#11117 Edited by TurboMan (7498 posts) -

@demoskinos: I don't blame you at all. I'm able to withstand a three hour raw because I pretty much ignore absolutely everything else WWE produces on a weekly basis. Most of the build up for Wrestlemania has been handled poorly outside of Punk/Taker and Swagger/Del Rio(and that one is on the edge).

Luckily for me, I think TNA is sort of getting the ball rolling for now and Chikara is back, so I'm able to withstand Wrestlemania season.

#11118 Edited by Aronleon (752 posts) -

@papercut Well thats a shame but like rabid says take your time man WarLoc was fantastic and all but for now real life takes precedent, and don't worry will be here if you ever need anything.

@milkman said:

It would be damn shame if it had to end like this before I could really teach Canada a lesson.

I don't know what part were you reading but all I say was me kicking your 2% fatass Milkboy.

So on a note that is not depressing or sad I might have found a solution for our sychtube problem now I dont now if it will work as well as Synctube but hey at least is something, its called http://live.bittorrent.com I have to mess with it some more before I show it off, I`ll have more news in the near future but shows some promise if any of you want to try it give it a go.

and if you want to a quick smile just watch this go to 8:16 for the magic.

#11119 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2030 posts) -

I've liked the build up to the announced matches. Cena/Rock had an adult interaction, it was weird there was nothing last week. Punk/Taker got to a level that I thought would be tough for them. I'm enjoying Del Rio/Swagger. And Brock/HHH should be a fun match as long as they don't fuck up the stipulation with something stupid.

I will agree they have sort of dropped the ball outside of the main events.

Raw being 3 hours can be a problem, honestly I usually drift in and out of it.

I would suggest if you don't want to stop everything, try watching just Main Event, which seems to have a good match or two and recaps Raw.

But maybe I just give Wrestlemania too much leeway.

#11120 Posted by TurboMan (7498 posts) -

In not so bummer news: Scott Hall has reached his 80,000 dollar goal for his hip replacement, physical therapy, etc. with 21 days remaining.

SCOTT HALL ‏@SCOTTHALLNWO

I am very humbled by your support. Wrestling fans are the best. I don't no what to say. This is a moment I will never forget. Thank you all

SCOTT HALL ‏@SCOTTHALLNWO

@TheRealXPac Thanks for everything PAC you're a real friend

DDPYOGA ‏@DDPYoga

words cant express our thanks/gratitude 4helping @SCOTTHALLNWO reach this goal. ur generosity/support's truly appreciated. THANK YOU ALL!

Kevin Nash ‏@RealKevinNash

To all that reached out to help Scott, l give my thanks more for restoring my faith in mankind than anything else.You are amazing♥♥♥♥♥

#11121 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

Speaking of Chikara, Wink has laid down a new mandate that the Grand Championship will be defended at every Chikara show from now on. The first defense under the new ruling will come WrestleMania weekend with Kingston vs. Hallowicked with the winner facing Green Ant on May 3rd.

Also at Mania weekend, Amasis is making his in-ring return against Ophidian. So, it looks like he didn't get Edge-ed after all.

#11122 Edited by TurboMan (7498 posts) -

@aronleon: Looking at live.bittorrent.com and kind of liking it. It's not like synchtube and everything would have to be streamed out (but options like watch2gether are terrible). Maybe a stream of the Chikara show is necessary?

#11123 Posted by Aronleon (752 posts) -

@turboman: I was thinking some good old King of Trios 2012 might be a good start, while streaming everything out makes it a little hard to pull off WNW it also gives us the chance to watch some matches that are not on youtube, and maybe Tuesdays krazy movie night might be a thing now coff coff SpaJam coff coff.

#11124 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

In case you guys were wondering, Punk and Heyman are total assholes in the best way possible:

#11125 Posted by TurboMan (7498 posts) -
#11126 Posted by adambyrney (61 posts) -

It's amazing from what I've read around the internet that people seem a bit meh towards Wrestlemania. This is supposed to be the showcase, they have the rest of the year to build up characters. There's the argument that its just a bunch of part timers which is pretty accurate.

Does anyone think that the landscape of the WWE is going to change dramatically by next wrestlemania?

#11127 Edited by cmblasko (1177 posts) -

It's amazing from what I've read around the internet that people seem a bit meh towards Wrestlemania. This is supposed to be the showcase, they have the rest of the year to build up characters. There's the argument that its just a bunch of part timers which is pretty accurate.

Does anyone think that the landscape of the WWE is going to change dramatically by next wrestlemania?

No. There's not going to be any sort of dramatic change until after Vince retires.

#11128 Edited by FateOfNever (1826 posts) -

The problem isn't even just that it's a bunch of part timers (which IS a problem.) The biggest problem is that there's no build up. I mean, for example - Cena vs Rock Part 2 is going to be at Mania. This has been known for a few weeks now. The two of them have had no interaction however. Some of that is Rocky's fault because he just doesn't fucking care to show up despite being THE CHAMP. So you can't do anything with a guy who's too good to show up to the program that he's the champion of. But if the Rock doesn't care enough to put in his full effort for the build up of the match, why should the fans?

Beyond Rocky though, if you look at, say, the last few weeks of the WWE, there's no consistency. One week Jericho, Ryback, and Sheamus are saying that they need to stop The Shield because if they don't do it, nobody will. Then they lose. Next week Sheamus is semi-feuding with Wade Barrett (for... two weeks, I think, he interrupts/hassles him.) and now Orton RKO's one of the members of The Shield and Jericho is not involved at all. Then Big Show gets involved with The Shield for a week (apparently he's going face for some reason), Ryback starts getting into shit with Mark Henry for who's the bigger badder scarier guy. Sheamus is doing nothing useful with anyone. Jericho and The Miz jump on board the Barrett Train. Then it gets announced that Randy Orton (who had been squashing random people since his one RKO on a member of The Shield for no reason) Ryback and Sheamus are going to face The Shield at Mania. There's no consistency and no logic to anything that's going on in this build up to Mania. And that's just one match, the rest of the (still mostly blank card) is the exact same. Kane and Bryan keep jumping between sort of being a tag team and sort of maybe breaking up but there's nothing special about the animosity that's there between them now compared to, say, two months ago. They still have some time to finish building up Mania and its feuds, but, this is supposed to be the grand daddy of all PPVs. Feuds shouldn't be going into Mania with less than a 4 week build up because "fuck it, we can't decide what to do." These should mostly be feuds that you WANT to see; that are so big and so wild and crazy that you should be afraid to miss the show. Instead half of the champs aren't even involved in anything (the tag team titles may not be on the line, Cesaro isn't doing anything despite being one of the best new guys on the roster, and the divas title is not only a joke, but gets so little attention it probably shouldn't even exist anymore.) One of the champs doesn't even bother to show up to shows during the build up to Mania because even he's not interested in the rematch. Barrett may get a match against The Miz or Jericho or both MIz and Jericho but who knows and even then it's not because anyone has an actual feud with anyone else involved there. And the last champ is involved in a near racism storyline with a guy who was arrested a week into the feud for three different charges (DUI, possession, and speeding) and thus may only be getting to stay around until Mania before getting suspended for however long.

Punk vs Taker looks like it's at least turning a tragedy (the death of Paul Bearer) into a (sort of) positive by using it to actually make people care about Punk vs Taker by making it something that not only feels personal between the two wrestlers, but also enrages the fans with the level of jack assery that Punk is going to.

So even with the people that are there full time there just seems to be a total lack of them even trying to make something compelling. Maybe that will change in the next... what is it now, three weeks? Maybe four? But it's such a short time frame for something as big as Mania that there's very little hope.

Plus some of their biggest stars right now aren't involved in anything at all beyond seemingly random matches. Ziggler hasn't done anything consistent for probably months now. Cesaro is wasting away with no feuds. Sandow and Rhodes bounce back and forth between being a thing and not being a thing (though who knows, they may actually get something at Mania still, but it will probably be lacking) but for being a tag team they're not being used against Kane and Bryan as much as they should be (you know, the tag team champs.) Plus Cody may be going face soon (but maybe not?)

Yeah, that's the biggest problem- WWE has no idea what they're doing from one week to the next and it's gotten to the point where it's so bad that they can't even mask it anymore.

#11129 Edited by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

@fateofnever: I think you've just encapsulated exactly why it hasn't been holding my attention recently. So much of what they are doing is just so transparent and boring right now. Like why are you having guys like Cesaro who is a champion facing guys Orton and getting buried? Its just irritating.

#11130 Posted by adambyrney (61 posts) -

@fateofnever: Everything you wrote just summed up current WWE in a way that I couldn't (no seriously, the random changing story threads you mentioned - I had forgotten some and when written down it looks ridiculous).

I think the main issue is that the wrestlers on the roster who are not involved in a main event title/grudge/streak match are left with nothing to do. Sure I enjoy watching Cody Rhodes wrestle but if it's an afterthought thrown together match with zero story then what makes this mania and not Smackdown.

They have a good roster that (somehow) doesn't get much time to wrestle on RAW and is given little story to work with - basically cancelling out the two things used to get people over.

#11131 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

@fateofnever: Reading that made me realize how awful this build to WM has been, and WWE in general.

#11132 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

MONDAY NIGHT CHAT

TONIGHT...as the rush towards WrestleMania continues and the thread begins to reach its breaking point, Triple H will answer the challenge that Brock Lesnar presented to his challenge with presumably another challenge, the Intercontinental title will actually be defended in an actual real life match, the US title, however, will not be defended and Antonio Cesaro will lose, CM Punk will try to follow up last week's reprehensible actions with something even more dastardly, maybe he'll shit in the urn or something and will the WWE champion be here?! (no)

#11133 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1104 posts) -

Primetime Players in the first few minutes of the show, amazing.

#11134 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4689 posts) -

These three hour Raws are making me hate wrestling.

#11135 Edited by MildMolasses (3218 posts) -

@fateofnever said:

The problem isn't even just that it's a bunch of part timers (which IS a problem.) The biggest problem is that there's no build up. I mean, for example - Cena vs Rock Part 2 is going to be at Mania. This has been known for a few weeks now. The two of them have had no interaction however. Some of that is Rocky's fault because he just doesn't fucking care to show up despite being THE CHAMP. So you can't do anything with a guy who's too good to show up to the program that he's the champion of. But if the Rock doesn't care enough to put in his full effort for the build up of the match, why should the fans?

I'm not going to argue that putting the belt on the Rock was the right idea, but I think that saying he isn't showing up because he doesn't care isn't accurate. I think the real issue here is just really horrible timing. Most of this Rock story was set into motion officially (on air) last July, which means the deals would have been made for this stuff months before. The new GI Joe movie was supposed to be released in June of last year, however in May, the decided to pull back on that so they could add 3D to it and announced a new date of March 28, 2013, which is, uh oh, right in the midst of Wrestlemania season. And since the Rock's GI Joe contract would predate his WWE contract, and I'm sure it requires him to do promotional work for it, that means he get's pulled off to do spots for that (such as being in London for the premier instead of Raw tonight) and there isn't much they Vince can do about it. I'm not saying he is 100% into being a wrestler, but I don't think that saying is doesn't care is any better. Otherwise, the rest of what you said is pretty bang on

#11136 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

NO HOLDS BARRED

#11137 Posted by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

So I flipped back and forth between Metal Gear Solid 4 during my retries of trying to infiltrate this final stage undetected and manged to flip over during the Punk and Taker segment. That caught my attention enough to watch the rest of what I caught seemed really really boring. Punk being an asshole is still great though.

#11138 Posted by MildMolasses (3218 posts) -

NO HOLDS BARRED

And his barely wrestling career on the line. What excitement.

That was a horrible show

#11139 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Pretty poor Raw. Really not too excited about 'Mania.

Rock/Cena

Del Rio/Swagger

Taker/Punk

HHH/Lesnar

Sheamus/Orton/Show vs. Shield

Henry/Ryback

Jericho/Fandango

Hell No/Zig E

#11140 Edited by WilliamHenry (1202 posts) -

WWE is terrible. I'll watch Mania, but I think I'm done after that. After starting a full time job about a month ago, I just really don't want to spend three hours a week of what little free time I have watching a terribly boring show. I don't know who is to blame, but like others have said, if you're not in a world title match or grudge match, WWE has absolutely no idea what to do with you. Why exactly did they bring Jericho back? He was incredibly over at the start of this run and he has been floundering since the Rumble. Why give Ziggler the MITB if they clearly have no intentions of building him up or cashing in? Why put effort into rebuilding the tag division to only completely forget about it two months later?

#11141 Edited by DazzHardy (702 posts) -

Guys, I must confess, I was playing Tomb Raider >_<

#11142 Posted by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

@barrock said:

Pretty poor Raw. Really not too excited about 'Mania.

Rock/Cena

Del Rio/Swagger

Taker/Punk

HHH/Lesnar

Sheamus/Orton/Show vs. Shield

Henry/Ryback

Jericho/Fandango

Hell No/Zig E

Looking at that card it seems that they were so focused on putting together Brock vs HHH and Cena vs Rock that they forgot they actually had to fill out the card with a few other matches. That lineup is horrible. I'll most likely still watch as I'll have nothing to do that sunday but hey....

#11143 Posted by DrX25 (1512 posts) -

I watched Raw in text form and good seems to be the Fandango segment, the tag title match being made and Pancake Patterson making it to TV. The bad was the Triple H segment and most of the show by the looks of it. And the ?!? is that Fandango vs Jericho is actually going to be a thing.

Also, the #TeamStache thing better be a tease.

#11144 Posted by TurboMan (7498 posts) -
#11145 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Has the Crock appeared on any RAWs or Smackdowns since the Royal Rumble (besides the belt presentation one?) I remember someone posting a leaked list of his appearances (advertised to potential ticketbuyers) between Rumble and Mania, and while they were slim enough to make him be considered a lousy part timer, it seems like he has shown up EVEN less. That list made it seem like he'd be around every other week, I think it's been four RAWs without him counting tonight. For the damn champion. Weird.

#11146 Edited by Milkman (16618 posts) -

Yeah, you guys have a lot of criticism for Raw and that's fair but on the other hand...

Rufus Pancake Patterson.

#11147 Edited by Miketakon (513 posts) -

Miz vs Wade Hero vs Y2J was alright.

#11148 Edited by TurboMan (7498 posts) -

Rock/Cena - Is what it is. At this point, I don't even think that it should be the main event anymore after what's been going on between HHH/Bork and Punk/Taker.

Del Rio/Swagger - After a good match between ADR and Rhodes, Swaggie gets the cheap attack and gets into a pretty good Brawl with Del Rio. Swagger then breaks Ricardo's ankle. They've built this match up properly.

Taker/Punk - Has been on fire since last week, and it's hard to believe Punk was out there for only one segment tonight after the past few months. Punk's promo was on point and Taker said all he really needed to say tonight.

HHH/Lesnar - It makes almost too much sense to build some kind of octagon and let these two fight in it if it was Lesnar's choice. They dropped the ball here because WM really needs a gimmick match, and I don't think "No Holds Barred" really cuts it.

Sheamus/Orton/Show vs. Shield - The Shield's story has been dropped off after Elimination Chamber it feels like, and I'm not sure if they have anything up their sleeves for this match or not.

Henry/Ryback - Could be a train wreck. I'm guessing that this is to really get Ryback over before challenging Cena post-WM (that's my guess).

Jericho/Fandango - I'm really excited for this match if it's truly going to happen.

Hell No/Zig E - Could steal the show if given the right amount of time. Logically this feud makes sense even though they rushed it.

#11149 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Guys, I must confess, I was playing Tomb Raider >_<

B-B-BUT YOU SAID YOU WEREN'T.

#11150 Posted by Krullban (1034 posts) -

I am surprised that Booker T is going into the HOF this year.