Latest PPV and weekly show discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hey guys, stop what you're doing and take notice of this just announced Once in a Lifetime match:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@drx25: Oh good they are bringing the matches I avoid on Raw to Wrestlemania, fantastic. Now all they need to do is insert Maria Menonousonos.

WNW tonight?

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunslingerpanda: I have something, but I don't think people like using watch2gether.

Also, I'm watching Main Event and Cesaro was yodeling, seriously.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Two important newz reports floating around.

• There was talk of Three 6 Mafia doing Henry’s entrance song at Mania this year.
  • Ken Shamrock, 49, has been calling WWE wanting to come back but there hasn’t been any interest shown and he really hasn’t gotten any response.

Or at least the ones I thought were important.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gorillamopena: I think you can add the part where Punk isn't booked on anything for like two straight months after Mania, which only seems to point towards him taking a break after his match with Taker.

Also, Punk was on a radio show and said not to expect a "workrate" match at Mania à la Taker/Shawn.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drx25 said:

@gorillamopena: I think you can add the part where Punk isn't booked on anything for like two straight months after Mania, which only seems to point towards him taking a break after his match with Taker.

Also, Punk was on a radio show and said not to expect a "workrate" match at Mania à la Taker/Shawn.

Yeah I guess that matters. It seems Rock and Brock are both booked for Extreme Rules.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11257  Edited By joshthebear

This happened...

No Caption Provided
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#11258  Edited By turboman

@drx25 said:

I'm not really expecting one. Punk and Taker don't really mesh too well in the ring together. Taker is extremely past his prime. Punk is working hurt. The list goes on.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you need a little something to make you laugh today, then have a look at this:

Raw's top viewing hour was from 9 to 10 with 4.69 Million (8 to 9 and 10 to 11 did 4.58). Triple H's promo lost 6000 viewers while Miz vs Wade Barrett gained 71000 viewers.

Nut Shotted > Nut Shotter

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drx25: HHH sees that as Wade Barrett's appearance at the end of his promo cost the 6000 viewers.

Also, Wreddit made this fabulous piece of art:

No Caption Provided

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's do this Brad Maddox all day everyday!

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gorillamopena: The part where Juicy J is going to be shown on stage rapping mark henry's theme.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11265  Edited By Wikitoups

Today I learned that TLC in TNA is called full metal mayhem and is still better when called TLC.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently Diddy is performing live at this year's WM.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@drx25 said:

Hey guys, stop what you're doing and take notice of this just announced Once in a Lifetime match:

No Caption Provided

RAWR. I'm so all over the Bellas and their outfits.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11269  Edited By Milkman

Evan Bourne had his first match in about a year at a NXT live event tonight. He wrestled and beat The Artist Formerly Known As El Generico.

Also, what the fuck, Diddy? Really? What?

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am looking forward to hearing Funk talk about Foley at the Hall of Fame. Arnold's speech about Sammartino can go either way. Maria seems like a weird choice, but I would be hard-pressed to suggest an alternative.

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Scott Hall is doin' pretty good and is getting his hip surgery.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11272  Edited By cmblasko

@joshthebear said:

lol I am taking a break from WWE after WrestleMania.

Puff Daddy? Really? Is that who Vince thinks is going to get him his mainstream coverage in 2013? Then again, clearly The Rock isn't getting him any of that coverage, so I guess he is desperate at this point.

And of course Maria Menounos is inducting Bob Backlund. Because Backlund is an essential pro wrestling icon from the 80s while Menounos is a host for some TV show I've never watched who kind of likes wrestling or something.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmblasko: She was wearing a Bob Backlund shirt whenever the last time she was sitting in the front row was... so at least she's a big fan (no clue what the relationship is past that).

---

I had a pie in the sky moment last night where I was thinking we should look into trying to make a wrestling game like Charles Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden last night. Not sure if that's a good idea or not.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would just like a full game version of the wrestle match in saints row the third.

Still the best wrestling game ever!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There would be backstage politics! Our protagonist would be fighting from wrestling school, to the indies, to japan, all the way to the top promotion in the world! Dialogue Trees! No clue how the actual wrestling mechanics would work! Promotional Deals with VGCW! Excitement! Excitement! Excitement!

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cmblasko said:

@joshthebear said:

lol I am taking a break from WWE after WrestleMania.

Puff Daddy? Really? Is that who Vince thinks is going to get him his mainstream coverage in 2013? Then again, clearly The Rock isn't getting him any of that coverage, so I guess he is desperate at this point.

And of course Maria Menounos is inducting Bob Backlund. Because Backlund is an essential pro wrestling icon from the 80s while Menounos is a host for some TV show I've never watched who kind of likes wrestling or something.

There is a musical performance at every Wrestlemania. Diddy isn't going to ruin wrestling by performing 2 songs. Most Wrestlemania musical performances are harmless, with the exception being Kid Rock because that dragged on forever.

Maria Menounos and Backlund are friends and the hall of famers choose who to induct them. This is the paragraph I found about them knowing each other

Menounos, a lifelong WWE fan, idolized Backlund while growing up and met him through partner Keven Undergaro, who as Head Writer of MTV’s Singled Out, cast Backlund to guest star alongside Jenny McCarthy and Chris Hardwick. Menounos then worked with Backlund on the comedy feature, In the Land of Merry Misfits, and the two have been close ever since. Backlund was present at Menounos Miss Massachusetts USA competition and ran alongside her at the Nike Celebrity Road Race.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@cmblasko said:

They're using his song as the theme in their promos, so why not have him perform it live?

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gorillamopena: @mildmolasses: Stupid me - I had no idea that was his song. I'd still argue that concerts at wrestling shows NEVER get over, though.

And thanks for sharing that info on the connection between Backlund and Menounos. My knee-jerk reaction was that they were just trying to shoe-horn her in to have yet another celebrity associated with Wrestlemania.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: That's absolutely tragic. I'm hoping it wasn't anything related to drug problems but he does have a bit of a past with some hard drugs.

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Ric loosing a loved one is hard but loosing a son must be worst, as turbo said lets hope this was not drug related he did have a history but seemed like he was doing fine in japan.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the brighter side... Daniel Bryan wrestles a bear and a wild Steve Blackman appears! (Not joking)

Loading Video...

Avatar image for doesitoffendyou_yeah
DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but I'm feeling terribly agitated about this years 'Mania, and I feel compelled to have an incoherent rant.

Seriously; Rock and Cena - how pathetically underwhelming. Unlike some of you here, I'm not quite so much on the hate train for the Rock, although I'm willing to concede that's probably down to nostalgia for the guy. But not only am I genuinely unexcited by anything he has to say at the minute, the prospect of Cena overcoming the odds and 'winning the big one' makes my stomach churn. Regardless of my opinions, wrestlers of this magnitude should still have star power alone going for them to make me want to watch the match. But I honestly couldn't care less.

Triple H and Lesnar is lame. I felt the build-up hasn't lived up to the build for their SummerSlam match, with the only exception being Bork's decimation of NAO. I love Brock, and Heyman is doing his best to invoke some sort of interest, but the whole stipulation bullshit has just killed it for me. A gimmicky brawl and I would've at least been interested, but instead they drop the ball with some 'career on the line' crap. The only reason I want to see this match is to see if Lesnar finally gets to have pyro when he jumps onto the apron. Like in the old days. 'Cos that's cool.

I hate Del Rio. The guy just doesn't do it for me, both heel and face. Just a personal opinion. I don't even care much for Swagger. Yet, their match is probably the one thing I want to watch. As many have said, they've nailed the build for this one perfectly. Again, it pains me that this is a match I care for above most.

The whole Jericho situation is bemusing. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore what Fandango has done so far, despite his goofy name causing me to struggle to take him seriously. Him and Jericho have had, what, 2 weeks build? And it's all been brilliant. Yet I can't help but feel Jericho returning at the Rumble to a monster pop has fizzled out into absolute nothingness. It's like they had nothing for the guy, so were like 'Put ova Fanny plz?'. Assuming Fandango will win, of course. I sound like I'm being too negative - I wish to clarify that this is a match I want to see. I just can't help but think Jericho v Ziggler in a Ladder Match for the NO.1 Contenders Spot would've made so much more sense, in my mind at least. (Or even for the fucking briefcase again.)

Ziggler. Oh Ziggles. I am close to giving up on your chances of being given that 'real' push. I really am. It just hurts watching you job out every week. While I like Big. E and yay, give them the tag titles - let's be real, if that happens, it's a step back for Ziggler (unless he cashes in and becomes WHC and Tag Champ). And if he loses, Dolph Ziggler, the best prospect on the roster, has just jobbed in a tag title match at the biggest show of the year.

Fuck off Miz. Do not slap that figure-shit on Wade.

Punk v Taker. Hmmm. I want to see this. I want this to be good. But I'm scared it will be underwhelming. I smell 5 minutes of signature moves, 15 minutes of over-selling and false finishes.... okay, now I'm sounding like a whiny bitch, that can happen, I wouldn't mind that. Punk needs to have some snazzy, arsehole entrance though.

Why are the Prime Time Players not booked. Honestly, why? It should be them vs Team Hell No.

Brad Maddox is absolutely amazing, and his banter with Matt Striker on the app has been more entertaining than 3 hours of RAW at the minute.

I totally agree with all that have groaned about The Shield's lack of purposeful direction. I think they need to align themselves with a champion, to give them a purpose. One's dream would be a heel turn Cena commanding his new 'troops' - i.e. The Shield, as they give him the win at 'Mania. However, the only likely scenario is Swagger becoming champ and having them as his lackeys. But that's bullshit too. Basically, while I agree there's no real direction for The Shield... what else could they do? How would you guys book them Post-Mania?

Nonsensical, clueless rant over.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11284  Edited By turboman

@doesitoffendyou_yeah: I wrote up a big long response and deleted it... anyways, I've come to a decision that Wrestlemania just isn't really for us at all, it's more just a big fat sell out to the mainstream. And unlike previous years, where they had an undercard that was built to have matches that could steal the show from the main eventers, nowadays all of the undercard is just throwaway matches that nobody really had much time to think about.

I could be eating my words with the Del Rio/Swagger match, of course. And hey, they're going to put Fandango over big, but there isn't much else of interest going on in the card. If Hell No/Ziggie Big E have enough time, that might be able to make up a big match, but who knows at this point.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#11285  Edited By musubi

I saw this news about Reid Flair on my Facebook Feed at first I thought it said Ric and I about fell out of my fucking chair. Still, his son dying is tragic as well.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

@doesitoffendyou_yeah: I agree with you in a number of areas. I really couldn't care less for Lesnar-HHH II. I got pretty hyped for their Summerslam match but then it was pretty average/poor. The build-up has been lackluster too, just the usual number of assaults and vignettes.I agree with you sentiments on The Shield too. They are spinning their wheels big time. It's been the same Team Super Faces storyline since TLC. I do disagree with you about Del Rio though. I have never really like the guy but he can work and he has begun to get pretty over as a face, particularly in more Latin-heavy parts of the US. He and Swagger have had the longest and probably best build up for their match and the two could very well have a good match. Also, although I'm upset that Ziggles doesn't have a singles match, I would give hime time. I have believed, and will continue to do so, that Ziggler will eventually reach the top (even though he is ready as is).

"I smell 5 minutes of signature moves, 15 minutes of over-selling and false finishes...."

That also sounds like every over-20 minute "epic" WWE match ever.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I once made a WWF RPG using RPG Maker 2000. It was essentially like that WWF Game Boy game, someone kidnapped Stephanie and a group of wrestlers had to rescue her. I didn't get much further than the initial arena and a few random battle's against desperate jobbers and rabid fans, but the idea was there >_>

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11289  Edited By Aronleon

I once made a WWF RPG using RPG Maker 2000. It was essentially like that WWF Game Boy game, someone kidnapped Stephanie and a group of wrestlers had to rescue her. I didn't get much further than the initial arena and a few random battle's against desperate jobbers and rabid fans, but the idea was there >_>

We just need a kingdom hearts style game to make this work, or maybe I really just want KH3 Im still not sure.

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aronleon: Now I want to reskin Sora holding a keyblade as Steve Blackman holding a Kendo Stick.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11291  Edited By Wikitoups

So If your Canadian and have Netflix, they added some WWE videos to the service!

Here's what they added (I just Copy and Paste):

WWE: The John Cena Experience

WWE: The Ladder Match 2: Crash & Burn

WWE: Tombstone: The History of the Undertaker

WWE: Hart & Soul: Hart Family Anthology

WWE: The Rise & Fall of WCW

WWE: The Epic Journey of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

WWE: The Very Best of WCW Monday Nitro (WHOO!)

WWE Macho Madness: The Randy Savage Ultimate Collection (OHHHH YEEEHHH!)

OMG! The Top 50 Incidents in WWE History

The New and Improved DX

WWE Rivalries: Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart (I gotta watch this!)

Undertaker: The Streak

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

On the brighter side... Daniel Bryan wrestles a bear and a wild Steve Blackman appears! (Not joking)

Loading Video...

Holy shit, Dazzler being Dazzler and the wild Steve Blackman is incredible. Meanwhile, Zack Ryder continues to be an absolute disaster whenever he appears.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm telling you guys, all we need to do is hire like 5 suckers animators and programmers and we can make the best RPG of all time.

DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjhealy said:

@doesitoffendyou_yeah: I agree with you in a number of areas. I really couldn't care less for Lesnar-HHH II. I got pretty hyped for their Summerslam match but then it was pretty average/poor. The build-up has been lackluster too, just the usual number of assaults and vignettes.I agree with you sentiments on The Shield too. They are spinning their wheels big time. It's been the same Team Super Faces storyline since TLC. I do disagree with you about Del Rio though. I have never really like the guy but he can work and he has begun to get pretty over as a face, particularly in more Latin-heavy parts of the US. He and Swagger have had the longest and probably best build up for their match and the two could very well have a good match. Also, although I'm upset that Ziggles doesn't have a singles match, I would give hime time. I have believed, and will continue to do so, that Ziggler will eventually reach the top (even though he is ready as is).

"I smell 5 minutes of signature moves, 15 minutes of over-selling and false finishes...."

That also sounds like every over-20 minute "epic" WWE match ever.

I understand where you're coming from with Del Rio. I'll agree, the guy has done great getting over as much as he has, although I think Ricardo deserves a bit of credit in that regards. I don't doubt the guy in the ring, either. I think it's more a combination of sour grapes, and disinterest in his character. He's a bit too... bland for me, and I can't help but be a spoilt brat and think that he's no better than Ziggler is.

I suppose it does.. how very cynical of me.

@turboman said:

@doesitoffendyou_yeah: And hey, they're going to put Fandango over big,

Am I the only person who feels that his

name

may hold him back? It sounds stupid, but Fandango vs ______ in a Main Event sounds ridiculous, whereas Johnny Curtis vs _________ sounds both believable, and 'Fandango' could still retain the same gimmick. I like the goofy name for now, but worry it's a name destined for mid/lower-card. I expected that out of Fandango.. but if he's going over Jericho at 'Mania, surely they're thinking more of him? Fandango just makes me think 'Boogeyman' - and names of similar ilk.

Just a thought, maybe I'm being gratuitously picky.

Oh, and talking of silly names, what the fuck is 'Ryback'? Is there some reference I'm missing?

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

name

may hold him back? It sounds stupid, but Fandango vs ______ in a Main Event sounds ridiculous, whereas Johnny Curtis vs _________ sounds both believable, and 'Fandango' could still retain the same gimmick. I like the goofy name for now, but worry it's a name destined for mid/lower-card. I expected that out of Fandango.. but if he's going over Jericho at 'Mania, surely they're thinking more of him? Fandango just makes me think 'Boogeyman' - and names of similar ilk.

Oh, and talking of silly names, what the fuck is 'Ryback'? Is there some reference I'm missing?

I get where you're coming from. You look at Ryback though and that's done nothing to stop his success. I'm sure there are others, too, that if you look at their names (whether in recent times or in the relatively recent past) you would think it sounds silly, but, they still succeed. That being said, however, the way I look at it is that right now his name is a selling point of him being a heel. It gives him something to be over the top obnoxious about ("Say my name!" "What's my name!" "You're saying it wrong!") but if he actually begins to succeed more than just at a certain level, they can easily drop the name Fandango and have him go with Johnny Curtis, or, any other 'real' name very easily while also working it into giving him something to cut promos about. So over all I don't think I'm that worried about his name holding him back (not yet anyway.)

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

name

You could take out everything you said about the name Fandango and replace it with Dolph Ziggler.

Also: Even action figure Sin Cara is hurt

No Caption Provided

DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fateofnever said:

@doesitoffendyou_yeah said:

name

I get where you're coming from. You look at Ryback though and that's done nothing to stop his success. I'm sure there are others, too, that if you look at their names (whether in recent times or in the relatively recent past) you would think it sounds silly, but, they still succeed. That being said, however, the way I look at it is that right now his name is a selling point of him being a heel. It gives him something to be over the top obnoxious about ("Say my name!" "What's my name!" "You're saying it wrong!") but if he actually begins to succeed more than just at a certain level, they can easily drop the name Fandango and have him go with Johnny Curtis, or, any other 'real' name very easily while also working it into giving him something to cut promos about. So over all I don't think I'm that worried about his name holding him back (not yet anyway.)

I'm glad you managed to make sense of what I was saying! But, yeah, that makes sense. I think I'm more expressing concern due to the fact that I've been genuinely surprised at how much I've enjoyed his character. I really hope they give him and Jericho some time.

@gorillamopena said:

@doesitoffendyou_yeah said:

name

You could take out everything you said about the name Fandango and replace it with Dolph Ziggler.

Fair point, however, I think I prefer Fandangoo.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11298  Edited By Milkman

The March Chikara shows are up at smvod.com. You should buy them.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charlie Haas retired out of nowhere tonight in ROH's Asheville, NC show. Stating one of the reasons being that he wants to get out of the business after seeing a lot of his friends dying (Umaga, Lance Cade, and his brother), and that Reid Flair's death is another reason.

ROH might be a tad bit pissed over this since he was scheduled to face Shelton Benjamin at next week's ROH PPV.

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was gonna suggest we watch an old Wrestlemania tonight, but then I remembered synchtube is dead. :( Did anyone ever manage to get that watch together site thing working well enough?