This topic is locked from further discussion.

#11351 Posted by DoesitOffendYou_Yeah (137 posts) -

Team Super Friends Part 3 vs The Shield - It does say something that I forgot this was even a match. I feel so indifferent towards it because of Team Super Friends, but, I'm hoping The Shield pulls through and we get to see Ambrose do some more good work. Also hoping that some sort of unseen factor plays into it (someone turning heel or something, because it seems too plain otherwise, but I'm not actually expecting anything.)

What are the odds on Orton costing Super Friends the match and becoming the leader of The Shield? People were suggesting he'd be turning heel around 'Mania time..

#11352 Edited by FateOfNever (1855 posts) -

What are the odds on Orton costing Super Friends the match and becoming the leader of The Shield? People were suggesting he'd be turning heel around 'Mania time..

I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. I could see him costing team Super Friends - maybe as some sort of a "why didn't you come to be sooner for these guys?" or being pissed off because everyone put all of their hopes on Big Show being THE ONE that would bring it all together to work. I'm not sure I'd buy him as the leader of The Shield. Orton did bad as the leader of Legacy. The Shield also seems to work under an idea of 'no leader' It works more like how The Corre should have worked - a group that is all on the same page where everyone is in it for the same thing with the same goal with the same beliefs, where each member is as important to making it function as the next. Orton has always seemed like someone who is only ever out for himself and I think that's where he works best. I'm not saying it won't happen, or it couldn't be done, but, I'm not sure that they make him the leader of The Shield when he more or less failed with Legacy and has so many strikes on his record that if he violates the wellness policy again, he's probably done. A heel turn, I could see, just not sure on him being a leader or being sided with The Shield through anymore more than 'acquaintances'/'buddies' the way they are/were with Heyman.

Come to think of it, though, I'm not sure that The Shield has actually done anything to Orton, have they? It all sort of blurs together because for a long time it seemed like they didn't do anything to anyone other than Ryback, but, still people joined Ryback to fight them because 'they're bad, even though they haven't done anything to us.' with Sheamus getting involved early on. But I only remember Orton getting involved when all of a sudden he jumped Seth Rollins in the ring alone one time. So maybe there will be something there. I don't see Sheamus going heel, after all, and the only other 'heel turn' option of the three is that Big Show was just playing everyone all along and was really still a heel (but I sort of doubt that.) So I do suppose if someone were to actually do a heel turn, or to cost the team the match, it would be Orton.

#11353 Posted by Wikitoups (879 posts) -

Hey Martha Heart ( Owen's WIfe) and WWE settled on a lawsuit about Royalties and use of Owen's Image...So expect to see alot about Owen Next year??

#11354 Posted by lord_canti (1522 posts) -

If the rumours about Foley booker and backland not being on the TV version of hof I think I'm done with the wwe because they clearly are not aiming for me as a audience

#11355 Posted by DrX25 (1560 posts) -

If the rumours about Foley booker and backland not being on the TV version of hof I think I'm done with the wwe because they clearly are not aiming for me as a audience

No, Foley, Booker and Backlund's inductions won't be shown on TV; It's only Sammartino (The headliner), Stratus (Inducted by a McMahon) and Trump (Inducted by a McMahon/The Celebrity). At the same time this might be the most pointless thing to get angry over ever since the Hall of Fame airs the Tuesday after Mania at 10 PM EDT, meaning that all of 12 people are going to watch it on TV and all of the inductions, in a non-edited format, are on the DVD/Blu-Ray.

#11356 Posted by lord_canti (1522 posts) -

@drx25 said:
@lord_canti said:

No, Foley, Booker and Backlund's inductions won't be shown on TV; It's only Sammartino (The headliner), Stratus (Inducted by a McMahon) and Trump (Inducted by a McMahon/The Celebrity). At the same time this might be the most pointless thing to get angry over ever since the Hall of Fame airs the Tuesday after Mania at 10 PM EDT, meaning that all of 12 people are going to watch it on TV and all of the inductions, in a non-edited format, are on the DVD/Blu-Ray.

a ok thats not so bad then i didnt know they would be on the dvd release. i have only ever seen the tv version online so i thought that that footage would just be lost to the ether

#11357 Edited by TurboMan (7728 posts) -

Hey Martha Heart ( Owen's WIfe) and WWE settled on a lawsuit about Royalties and use of Owen's Image...So expect to see alot about Owen Next year??

The only thing keeping Owen back from being inducted into the Hall of Fame was Martha from what I've been reading, so I think it's a done deal that he'll be in there within the next few years.

#11358 Edited by RipTheVeins (1546 posts) -

@fateofnever: The Shield actually attacked Orton in one of their first appearances backstage, when they separated his shoulder and caused him to take some time off. Seth Rollins also spit in Orton's face while he was lying in the ring after an assault on Main Event or something. Both of those instances make me think that Orton more than likely won't be revealed as the leader of The Shield, but then again WWE clearly doesn't really care about continuity given the last couple months have come across as a jumbled mess.

#11359 Edited by DrX25 (1560 posts) -

@turboman: I still think Martha would have to sign off on an induction (something she'll never agree to), but nothing would be stopping WWE from putting out a DVD/Blu-Ray with tons of Owen Hart matches.

@riptheveins: It's going to be like Bully Ray where he got jumped to fool people.

Also, The Shield has to win, right? Because if they aren't, why isn't Ryback getting his revenge on them?

#11360 Posted by TurboMan (7728 posts) -

@drx25 said:

Also, The Shield has to win, right? Because if they aren't, why isn't Ryback getting his revenge on them?

I think the future of Ryback depends on whether or not he's able to lift Henry up for the Shellshock.

If he nails it, he gets a feud against John Cena (presuming that there's a heel turn)

If he doesn't, it's back to jobbing to The Shield.

#11361 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

I think the I was more hyped for the hall of fame then mania and now.................. Guess I'll get the dvd.

#11362 Edited by DrX25 (1560 posts) -

Looks like El Generico's new name is Sami Zayn if this twitter account is right (which was tweeted out by Kassius Ohno):

http://twitter.com/ILikeSamiZayn

#11363 Posted by DoesitOffendYou_Yeah (137 posts) -

@riptheveins: @fateofnever: I think the reason I postulated Orton as a possible leader for the Shield lies within the stable's lack of direction. I mean, they can either go one of 3 routes, in my eyes.

1) All chase titles together, eventually implode when they argue about who should be champ of whatever, like all stables tend to do eventually. (Think Evolution, when HHH was jealous of Orton winning the World Heavyweight title) - I know the Shield are supposed to be all for one, but this is still wrestling writing 101.

2) Have a leader. A cowardly, heel main-eventer whom they protect and keep as champion. As seemed to be the case with Punk for a few months.

3) Continue facing random ensembles of superstars in 6-man-tags at PPV's.

Honestly, to me, of the three, I'd rather see them have a leader. Have a purpose. Of the guys involved in the 'Mania match, only Orton seems like the sensible option. That, or the align themselves with somebody else beyond 'Mania. The reason I'd like to see an Orton heel turn in this scenario is simply because I'm worried the Shield will have no direction.

Although, if this were to happen, we'd likely to be treated to Orton v Cena for the 1000th time. And I doubt anybody wants to see that.

#11364 Posted by Demoskinos (15143 posts) -

@turboman: I think you are insane if you actually think Fandango is losing his debut match with as much as Vince loves the guy.

#11365 Posted by TurboMan (7728 posts) -

@demoskinos: I think Fandango's going to win, that prediction was based on the Reverse Momentum Theory.

#11366 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -

@fateofnever said:

Team Super Friends Part 3 vs The Shield - It does say something that I forgot this was even a match. I feel so indifferent towards it because of Team Super Friends, but, I'm hoping The Shield pulls through and we get to see Ambrose do some more good work. Also hoping that some sort of unseen factor plays into it (someone turning heel or something, because it seems too plain otherwise, but I'm not actually expecting anything.)

I was betting on Brock leading the shield (The Sword & The Shield) but obviously that isn't going to happen. They need to do something lest the become another 3MB

#11367 Edited by jewunit (1064 posts) -

@doesitoffendyou_yeah: At the moment, I really want it to be option 1. The idea of Paul Heyman creating a new Dangerous Alliance with The Shield, Brock, and Punk is really appealing to me. The Shield could work as a tag team if they use the "Freebird Rule", which would allow any two of them to defend the titles. They could maintain their cohesive teamwork in a "legal" wrestling context. A new alliance may need someone else though. Could Cena be a Paul Heyman guy?

#11368 Posted by DoesitOffendYou_Yeah (137 posts) -

@jewunit said:

@doesitoffendyou_yeah: At the moment, I really want it to be option 1. The idea of Paul Heyman creating a new Dangerous Alliance with The Shield, Brock, and Punk is really appealing to me. The Shield could work as a tag team if they use the "Freebird Rule", which would allow any two of them to defend the titles. They could maintain their cohesive teamwork in a "legal" wrestling context. A new alliance may need someone else though. Could Cena be a Paul Heyman guy?

As much as a Heyman/Punk/Brock/Shield orgy seemed likely, I think that ship has sailed. Surely there must have been a plan of sorts to go down that route, until the ball was dropped?

#11369 Posted by jewunit (1064 posts) -

@doesitoffendyou_yeah: I wish I knew. It might have been Punk's knee injury and all the wear and tear from defending the title for so long. Wrestlemania would be the perfect time to pull the curtain off some big alliance. You are correct though. It seems that plan was viable at some point and much less so now. Where did it all go sideways?

#11370 Posted by DrX25 (1560 posts) -

@jewunit: I think it was the night after the Royal Rumble when The Shield decided to no longer care about Punk and just attack John Cena.

#11371 Posted by Krullban (1062 posts) -

@turboman said:

@demoskinos: I think Fandango's going to win, that prediction was based on the Reverse Momentum Theory.

He will win because Jericho never wins.

#11373 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -
#11374 Edited by DrX25 (1560 posts) -
#11375 Edited by MjHealy (1877 posts) -

I love wrestling press conferences!

Also, Del Rio sounds hungover.

#11376 Edited by Lumley (964 posts) -

This has just got interesting, Fandango just interrupted Michael Cole

EDIT: ..and now it's one of the most boring things I've ever watched

#11377 Posted by DrX25 (1560 posts) -

Summer Rae was Fandango's Dancer.

#11378 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -

When did they start calling Trips by his real name?

#11379 Posted by DrX25 (1560 posts) -

@gunslingerpanda: I think it's because he's got his corporate hat on.

Also:

Triple H: Are you ready?

Crowd: Crickets.

Triple H: No, ARE YOU READY?!?

Crowd: Mild reaction from the crowd.

#11380 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -

Ha, that thing at the bottom says there's a Live Q@A after the conference.

What is a Q@A? Question At Answer?

Punk wearing a Cesaro t shirt. RESPECT

#11381 Edited by DoesitOffendYou_Yeah (137 posts) -

PUNK WEARING A CESARO SHIRT?!

Love Punk's little quirks like that.

#11382 Posted by DrX25 (1560 posts) -

Is Rock hammered?

#11383 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -

Wow the Rock doesn't care about any of this.

Why is Cena speaking French and Chinese?

#11384 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2336 posts) -

Daniel Bryan has some things to say about bears.

#11385 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Hell yeah Punk's wearing a Cesaro shirt.

#11387 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2336 posts) -

Judging from some reports is sounds like there will be another pre-show battle royal or lumberjack match to get some more guys a match and that it would be the announcement Vince would make on twitter tomorrow.

The other running theory is he will announce Alicia Keys is singing America the Beautiful.

#11388 Edited by ManlyScream (27 posts) -

@joshthebear: Beat me to it....i was just about to post a pic of him wearing that. Classic.

#11389 Edited by Milkman (17316 posts) -
#11390 Edited by papercut (3554 posts) -

May 5th, 2013: Pizzamania.

#11391 Posted by Milkman (17316 posts) -

This seems like something relevant to our interests. With Leather has a couple articles up asking the WWE wrestlers what their favorite video games are. So far, they've asked AJ and Kofi Kingston.

For easy access, here's the two lists:

AJ

10. Pokemon Yellow

9. Super Mario Bros.

8. Batman: Arkham City

7. Mortal Kombat 3

6. Need for Speed: Underground 2

5. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis/WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw (tie)

4. Fable III (come on, AJ...)

3. Resident Evil 4

2. Final Fantasy X

1. Metal Gear Solid (she also shares a pretty amazing conversation she had with CM Punk, in which he was comparing himself to Solid Snake)

Kofi

10. Streets of Rage

9. Ninja Gaiden (NES)

8. Punch Out!!

7. Super Mario Bros. 3

6. Final Fantasy VII (ugh, he would)

5. The Halo series (take a stand, Kofi, pick one, jesus christ)

4. WCW/nWo Revenge

3. The Madden series (for fuck's sake..To make matters worse, he says he always play as the Patriots)

2. Street Fighter II

1. Mortal Kombat II (unsurprisingly, AJ picked the right MK. AJ wins.)

#11392 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -
#11393 Edited by Milkman (17316 posts) -
#11394 Posted by jewunit (1064 posts) -

@gorillamopena: I love Saturday Morning Slam and how they let guys like Ziggler and Bryan go wild on commentary. The matches tend to be pretty good too.

@papercut: Pizza Time!

@milkman: You know what? Cena gave the best response he possibly could there. Also, Santa/Foley collusion makes me so happy.

#11395 Posted by TurboMan (7728 posts) -

@papercut said:

May 5th, 2013: Pizzamania.

My body is so ready.

#11396 Posted by DrX25 (1560 posts) -

In the world of WWE news and rumors (From the Meltzer), Sami Zayn is said to be impressing officials with his promo skills and Ric Flair's daughter, Ashley (know as Charlotte in NXT), is one of the if not the most athletic person on the roster. Also, WWE signed a mini luchador: the former Mascarita Dorada (one of the best and most popular minis in Mexico).

@papercut: Yes.

#11397 Posted by TurboMan (7728 posts) -

quick little reminder: A shit-ton of indy/non indy ippv's are happening this weekend. Most of which I can't watch, but I just thought I would pass it on:

Friday: (all times eastern)

• Evolve 19 - 4 PM - http://wwnlive.com/event-evolve-04-05-13.html
  • Kaiju Big Battle (Fuck. Yes.) - 11:55 PM - http://wwnlive.com/event-kaiju-04-05-13.html
  • TNA: One Night Only - 8 PM - http://www.impactwrestling.com/onenightonly
  • CZW - 8 PM - http://www.rfvideonow.com/czw/
  • ROH: Supercard of Honor VII - 7:30 PM - http://www.rohwrestling.com/ippv

Saturday:

• SHIMMER - 12 PM - http://wwnlive.com/event-shimmer-04-06-13.html
  • DGUSA - 8 PM - http://wwnlive.com/event-dgusa-04-06-13.html

Sunday:

• DGUSA - 1 PM - http://wwnlive.com/event-dgusa-04-07-13.html

Noteworthy matches going through all the lists:

• Brian Kendrick vs. Sami Callihan - CZW
  • Aries vs. Samoa Joe - TNA
  • Young Bucks vs. Super Smash Bros - EVOLVE
  • Kevin Steen vs. Jay Briscoe - ROH
  • reDRagon vs. American Wolves - ROH
  • Karl Anderson vs. Roderick Strong - ROH
  • All of Kaiju Big Battle
  • Amazing Kong vs. Mia Yim - SHIMMER

Most of the iPPV's are $15 if you have companies you want to support (recommended), but I think there are streams via /wooo/'s atchamania.com

#11398 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
#11399 Edited by Milkman (17316 posts) -

I don't know how many of this weekend's iPPVs I'm going to be able to see (I should at least be able to check out Evolve) but I'll definitely throw the chat up at around 4 tomorrow so everyone can hang out and watch whatever.