This topic is locked from further discussion.

#11601 Posted by Tajasaurus (795 posts) -

Wrestling is the best

#11602 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Rock's probably not wrestling until 'Mania next year, if he even wrestles at all.

#11603 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@drx25 said:

I'm now waiting for Daniel Bryan to gain supernatural powers:

Shit's straight out of One Piece...lol.

Yeah that is what I was thinking too XD

Anyway wooot Team AJ. Now Aj needs her title and it would be perfect.

#11604 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Raw part 1

Raw part 2

Raw part 3

Raw part 4

Not sure if they work outside Canada but if you missed raw. From the Official wwe channel in Canada. Fun Fact they block the youtube uploads on fan nation to anyone outside the US.

#11605 Posted by JadeGL (750 posts) -

@milkman said:

Here's a better shot of the D-Bry/Brothers of Destruction moment. Why this wasn't shown on TV, I have no idea.

They realized that the people at home would have marked out so hard at that point that they would have literally died. Vince was smart, he didn't want to make my husband a widower.

#11606 Edited by bennym6 (415 posts) -

The last RAW after Mania was my favorite RAW ever. Until this one. I'm more pumped for RAW after Mania than Mania next year.

#11607 Edited by Milkman (16535 posts) -

One of the great moments lost in the shuffle from last night. Ryback's "fuck you" to Cena at the end there really sold the whole thing.

And while we're at it...

DA DA DADADADA DA DA

Nerdy white guys rapping to Three Six Mafia. Only in the WWE.

Ladydango is not amused.

#11608 Edited by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

@milkman said:

You are only exposing your lack of knowledge in regards to nerdy white guys and the Three Six Mafia. They've been rapping along to Tear Da Club Up since the 90's

I enjoyed Raw, but let's be honest people, we got caught up in the crowd. It's ECW syndrome. The loud crowd showing a complete disregard for the structure of the show made it fun to watch. Take away that aspect and it becomes another boring episode of Raw. I did enjoy the first half greatly, but the second half was a wasteland. If you were deaf, it would have been an awful 100 minutes to sit through

#11609 Edited by JadeGL (750 posts) -

@mildmolasses said:

@milkman said:

You are only exposing your lack of knowledge in regards to nerdy white guys and the Three Six Mafia. They've been rapping along to Tear Da Club Up since the 90's

I enjoyed Raw, but let's be honest people, we got caught up in the crowd. It's ECW syndrome. The loud crowd showing a complete disregard for the structure of the show made it fun to watch. Take away that aspect and it becomes another boring episode of Raw. I did enjoy the first half greatly, but the second half was a wasteland. If you were deaf, it would have been an awful 100 minutes to sit through

I agree about the second half. The crowd was what made it perfect, not the actual product. I went to a Raw taping in Boston in 2011 just a few days after my birthday and it was a much better experience than the actual show would have created because the crowd was trying to smark it up hard. Booing Cena, chanting "We want Ryder" all the time. Booming cheers for Ziggles, Santino, CM Punk, Foley etc. Crapping on the "This is Your Life" segment because it was way. too. long. and. way. too. boring.

So I completely agree, but the crowd was pretty magical. Have to give them props.

#11610 Edited by Milkman (16535 posts) -

I'm on mobile so I can't reply (they really need to fix that) but you're not wrong about parts of Raw being really bad if it wasn't for the crowd. But I have to give some credit. There was some legit awesome stuff last night with or without the crowd. Ziggler cashing in obvs, Barrett vs. Miz was a great match, D-Bry being friends with the Undertaker is insane and amazing and I legitimately did enjoy Ryback's turn.

#11611 Posted by FateOfNever (1814 posts) -

I would argue, however, that the crowd is part of the show. If there was never any crowd at any event, and it was just guys doing their stuff in the middle of the ring and on the mic with no one at all to react to any of it, even the best matches and the best promos would lose some of their edge, and good matches and good promos would sink lower. Not that nothing would have appeal or be enjoyable, but these are things that are meant to be watched with a group. Many of the people that visit this forum have said on at least one occasion that having the group chat makes the show so much more bearable because it's something to help keep them entertained even when what's happening in the product isn't great, or in a lot of cases over the last few months, even good. So the crowd may have made this Raw, but that doesn't diminish the point of fact that this was one of the best Raw's. The crowd was a part of the show (as they always are), and to say "yeah, well, they don't matter and they don't count and if you take them away..." is just being cynical and cranky. This is something that applies even to regular sports. People get together to watch football, soccer, etc, because having that crowd makes something that much better to them to be sharing it with people who enjoy the same thing that they enjoy. You are right that the back half of Raw was not great (though the Ryback attack was good, and the Funk vs Scholars match was still plenty competent), but saying we shouldn't have enjoyed it, or should enjoy it less, because it was only the crowd that made it good, is just silly to me. If we could have crowds that energetic during more Raw's, it would be wonderful (not every Raw, and they don't have to be as wild as them, but as energetic.) Because they help liven the show up. They make the big moments even bigger, and the low moments more bearable. Imagine that same Raw, and Ziggler comes out to cash in on Del Rio, but the place is fucking dead when he does it and no one cheers or boos or does anything. Sitting at home, alone, being absolutely stoked for Ziggler to finally be cashing in... it would lose something to not have the crowd there cheering and losing their shit in support of Zigs. Over all the entirety of Raw was still genuinely solid. It may have been a bit front heavy, but it was still a very solid show. I wish more crowds were willing to make a good time of the crappy spots during a show though (and make no mistake, every show needs it downs; if every show was up and always going up, it wouldn't be a good show either for different reasons) so that their enthusiasm and energy could be as contagious for the people at home as this crowd's energy was.

#11612 Edited by TurboMan (7408 posts) -

If I was a smart man that worked for WWE, I would make up a contest before each episode of Raw called "Top the last crowd", where the crowd would be shown highlights of last weeks crowd and Justin Roberts would announce that if they are louder/more vocal than last week's crowd, then everyone gets a coupon for a free Domino's pan pizza (or something like that).

---

Also, we need to convince Dave Lang to start a kickstarter to get Fandango into Dive Kick.

#11613 Posted by bennym6 (415 posts) -

I'd like to note that I CALLED THAT SHIT about Ziggler cashing in well before RAW started. *basks in glory*

#11614 Posted by JadeGL (750 posts) -

@bennym6: For you, a wizard hat for calling that Ziggler cash in.

#11615 Edited by bennym6 (415 posts) -

@jadegl: I'd like to thank Dolph Ziggler. Without you, none of this would be possible. *tears up*

#11616 Posted by DoesitOffendYou_Yeah (137 posts) -

Cena plays with the crowd after RAW.

#11617 Posted by bennym6 (415 posts) -

My tweet to The Rock: "RAW was awesome mainly because you weren't on it. Stay gone."

#11618 Edited by JellyFish_Gsus (769 posts) -

Was just Mark out heaven on Raw. Pity this crowd wont be there every week

#11619 Edited by Elikazam (7 posts) -

@gorillamopena: Not only were we all honking the theme song in the parking lot, but literally every five seconds someone would start singing again and everyone would start dancing. We even hijacked the trains from Secaucus to NYC. There is something magical about seeing an entire train car jumping up and down while singing Fandango's theme and chanting "We are awesome!".

#11620 Posted by MHumphreys89 (710 posts) -

Anybody watching the Hall of Fame tonight? I'm wondering how much they cut out of the TV broadcast.

#11621 Edited by WilliamHenry (1200 posts) -

Is it really considered a heel turn if everyone in the arena is cheering for it?

#11622 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4641 posts) -
#11623 Edited by MjHealy (1824 posts) -

It's crazy how the internet flips on a dime. Nearly everyone said "fuck the WWE" after the pretty disappointing WMXXIX and then BANG it's all golden. This is probably just the after-glow from an incredible Raw episode but still. That episode of Raw is the kind that only comes by once in a blue moon. My boy Ziggler finally got his hand on the gold and the show was incredible (the crowd were anyway) from beginning to end.

#11624 Posted by TurboMan (7408 posts) -

Is it really considered a heel turn if everyone in the arena is cheering for it?

I very much don't think that it was supposed to be a heel turn at all. Just a logical progression for Ryback's Character. You can be a monster face and go up against other faces (See Goldberg vs. DDP)

#11625 Posted by laserbolts (5313 posts) -

@turboman said:

@williamhenry said:

I very much don't think that it was supposed to be a heel turn at all. Just a logical progression for Ryback's Character. You can be a monster face and go up against other faces (See Goldberg vs. DDP)

Yeah he wouldn't be trying to get the crowd to chant feed me more with him if he was going heel with that stuff. Although that crowd last night would probably even chant for Brodus Clay if he tried to get something going. And where the fuck is Cesaro? On break im assuming?

#11626 Posted by DrX25 (1489 posts) -

Saturday Morning Slam Spoilers:

• The Great Khali, Hornswoggle and Natalya defeated Primo, Epico and Rosa Mendes.
  • The Usos defeated Team Rhodes Scholars.

Main Event Cliffsnotes:

• The Shield defeated Kofi Kingston and Tons of Funk. Shield won after Ambrose hit a flying knee and hit the Triple Powerbomb on Tensai and Clay after the match.
  • Big E Langston squashed Zack Ryder.
  • Jack Swagger defeated Yoshi Tatsu. Before the match, Zeb cut a racist promo about Yoshi.

Smackdown Cliffsnotes:

• Big E opened the show with his best Ricardo impersonation to introduce Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler got a huge pop and heeled it up until Jack Swagger and Zeb showed up and demanded a title match. They left and Del Rio (selling his leg) came out and said he wasn't upset with the cash in since he had already done that. He left and Chris Jericho came out. He announced that he was facing Dolph Ziggler in the main event.
  • Team Hell No defeated The Prime Time Players. After the match, The Shield came on the titantron and said that next time they wouldn't back down and they can strike at any time.
  • Wade Barrett squashed Santino Marella.
  • A promo between Booker T, Teddy Long, Sheamus and Randy Orton led to Booker making Sheamus and Orton vs Show for later.
  • The Bella Twins and Tamina Sunka defeated The Funkadactyls and Kaitlyn when a Bella pinned Naomi.
  • I swear to god this segment actually happened (although, the last part is probably a dark segment): Triple H came out and talked about his war with Brock at Mania. 3MB came out and was about to take out Triple H when The Shield's music hit. Shield took out 3MB and was about to do the same to Hunter when Team Hell No ran out. Shield ran away and Hunter hit a pedigree on Slater.
  • Team Hell No tried to hug it out with Triple H, but Hunter said that while he was okay with Kane hugging him, he's not okay with Bryan hugging him and tells him to eat meat instead of veggies. Hunter then starts talking about his history with Kane and Katie Vick and said it happened because they were young and needed money. Vince then comes out, Hunter says he needs a hug and, after teasing it, Vince turns around and leaves. Bryan apologizes and says to Kane to hug Triple H. Hunter openly wishes that Shield would come back and finish him off. He then hugs Kane and Bryan joins in. The segment ends with Triple H saying that he feels violated.
  • Big Show moaned to Booker about his Handicap match and Booker told him to man up because it was next.
  • Sheamus and Randy Orton defeated Big Show by count out when, after eating a RKO and a Brogue Kick that knocked him out of the ring, he left.
  • Kofi Kingston defeated Antonio Cesaro with the Trouble in Paradise.
  • Fandango came out to watch the main event and the crowd was singing his theme.
  • Dolph Ziggler defeated Chris Jericho with a Roll-up of Doom when Fandango distracted the referee, letting Big E hit Jericho with an elbow. After the match, Jericho tried to get his revenge by attacking Big E, but Fandango distracted him and Ziggler hit the Zig Zag and left with his posse. Fandango then posed over Jericho and hit a top rope leg drop the close the show as the crowd was humming Fandango's theme.

Again, that Triple H segment actually happened.

#11627 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

DA-DA-DADADADA-DA-DA

#11628 Edited by DrX25 (1489 posts) -

Opening Dark Match: Justin Gabriel defeated Curt Hawkins.

Closing Dark Match: Team Hell No and John Cena defeated The Shield by DQ when Seth Rollins hit Cena with a Chair. Shield then ate the faces finishers. Cena took a mic and started singing Fandango's theme with the crowd. Fandango came out, Cena tried to say his name, but he screwed up, so Fandango got mad. He then ate the faces finishers. The crowd was super into all of this.

#11629 Edited by jewunit (1054 posts) -

@elikazam: Sounds like a ton of fun! You were part of something incredible.

Those Smackdown spoilers seem very silly. I am vaguely interested in watching it.

#11630 Edited by TurboMan (7408 posts) -

@drx25 said:

• Kofi Kingston defeated Antonio Cesaro with the Trouble in Paradise.

They have to be retooling Cesaro, right?

#11631 Edited by Wikitoups (777 posts) -

Fuuuuuuuu...I may have to watch Smackdown!

Also Thursdays Impact main event is Bully Ray vs Jeff Hardy in a Full Metal Mayhem Match (Which is TNA's way of saying it's a TLC match...it's really silly!)

#11632 Posted by Milkman (16535 posts) -

Kofi Kingston defeated Antonio Cesaro with the Trouble in Paradise.

#11633 Posted by TurboMan (7408 posts) -

Also, Guacamelee is pretty darn fun so far for all the PS3 peeps in here.

#11634 Edited by MHumphreys89 (710 posts) -

You guys weren't joking about the Hall of Fame being edited down for TV, Foley's speech was cut so badly for time... Booker T's and Bob Backlund's inductions were just video packages, whilst Trump got TV time. Why?!

#11635 Posted by zombiesatemycereal (426 posts) -

@turboman: Yeah, i'm enjoying it so far even if it's kicking my ass a bit. I just bought the piledriver move.

#11636 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4602 posts) -

@iburningstar: Do you think Undertaker will go out on his back? At this point I have to wonder about it myself. On the one hand he always seems to have done business the "right" way. And that he credits Paul Bearer (rip :() with teaching him the business would certainly back that up but. I dunno. I think the myth of the Undertaker at this point might be worth keeping over the traditional right way to leave.

#11637 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Lost in the middle of Fandangomania was HollyWai pulling a, frankly quite amazing, Cactus Jack.

#11638 Edited by KaneRobot (1424 posts) -

Finally, a version that doesn't cut off after Cena left post-show.

And for some reason I fucking love Bryan grouping with 'Taker & Kane. He's like a much better Spike Dudley.

#11639 Posted by lord_canti (1503 posts) -

to those of you who are not in the great united kingdom fandango's theme is currently at number 28 in the itunes charts 34 in over all sales

#11640 Posted by DazzHardy (668 posts) -
#11641 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4641 posts) -

Lost in the middle of Fandangomania was HollyWai pulling a, frankly quite amazing, Cactus Jack.

Huh, guess he's the one who Foley was talking about a while ago about using one of his moves. That's unexpected.

#11642 Edited by DazzHardy (668 posts) -

Holy Crap it's up to 11!

#11643 Posted by papercut (3450 posts) -

@dazzhardy: Is that just in the UK? Any idea what it's doing globally?

Basically what I am saying is if harlem shake can get to the #1 spot on Billboard I believe in ChaChaLaLa.

#11644 Posted by DazzHardy (668 posts) -
#11645 Edited by Milkman (16535 posts) -

@dazzhardy:@papercut: First off, "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead" is the number 1 song in the UK? What the fuck is going on over there?

Also, ChaChaLaLa is #157 on the US iTunes charts right now.

#11646 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4641 posts) -

@milkman said:

@dazzhardy:@papercut: First off, "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead" is the number 1 song in the UK? What the fuck is going on over there?

Someone died and people think it's cool and/or clever to celebrate a woman's death.

#11647 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1938 posts) -

I SEE YOU MLB NETWORK

#11648 Edited by TurboMan (7408 posts) -
#11649 Posted by Tajasaurus (795 posts) -

@turboman: Somewhere in Mexico, surrounded by orphans, El Generico is veeeery confused

#11650 Posted by Milkman (16535 posts) -