This topic is locked from further discussion.

#12101 Edited by TurboMan (7696 posts) -

@cmblasko said:

@mildmolasses said:

@gorillamopena said:

@joshthebear said:

The DIRTSHEETZ are saying that the reason Cesaro is not doing much is that the higher ups find him boring. Apparently the wrestlers have been lobbying for him to no avail.

So yeah, that's a thing. Take it with a grain of salt, as with all DIRTSHEETZ reports.

That was the most DIRTSHEETZ story possible. That he is being pushed down, and some people don't like him and some people do.

I still think Cesaro will be fine, although this is frustrating.

It's a shame he's not physically larger, because his raw power seems like a basic point to build his character off of. He has the power of a monster, just not the size to go with it so I could understand not wanting to use him in the same way as Ryback or Henry because the average person would see him only for his size rather than what he can do.

Also , funny that Cesaro is considered boring yet Ryback is main eventing for the belt. What makes Ryback anymore interesting than anyone? His dumb catchphrase?

Pretty much. Look what a catchphrase did for Daniel Bryan.

I'd also say that Ryback was put into that position by booking. He first a reaction from the crowds by being put in the "Goldberg" position, to which the crowds chanted Goldberg at him. After a while, the dumb catchphrase of "Feed Me More" took off.

Combining that with a huge set of muscles and an opportunity to go into a program with CM Punk when Cena was injured got him to where he is today.

But I can guarantee that Ryback in the main event slot will be a fad unless something drastic happens. He stinks in the ring and needs somebody to carry him in matches (CM Punk couldn't even get a good match out of him), and ever since his heel turn, crowds really don't care all that much for Ryback. He's also phony on the mic to me.

Unfortunately for Cesaro, he's going to have to continue fighting like Bryan and Punk did if he wants to be pushed right. For some reason, WWE never really had the confidence to capitalize on Cesaro's run as US Champion, and now we're back to square one until they can drum up another reason to push Cesaro. Need I remind you guys that Bryan spent a good portion of his early WWE career dancing around with the Bella Twins?

#12102 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2291 posts) -

It is neat when WWE uploads weird match clips like this Randy Orton vs Jerry Lynn match

#12103 Edited by DrX25 (1550 posts) -

PWInsider is reporting that WWE is looking to open a language training center in order to have Superstars seem more personable and appealing to other cultures. The idea came about after Cena spoke French at the WrestleMania Press Conference and management now wants him to learn Chinese.

In other Cena news, he did an ad for Fruity Pebbles and wants you to five knuckle shuffle in your face:

#12104 Edited by TurboMan (7696 posts) -

@drx25: it's incredible how far one joke can go.

#12105 Edited by DazzHardy (786 posts) -

@turboman: @drx25: It still amazes me that the top guy in the WWE has a move he uses all the time that shares it's name with a slang term for masturbation.

#12106 Posted by DrX25 (1550 posts) -

Big Japan Pro Wrestling announced that Sami Callihan has been pulled from their May 24 event due to signing a WWE contract.

#12107 Posted by obcdexter (640 posts) -

@turboman: @drx25: It still amazes me that the top guy in the WWE has a move he uses all the time that shares it's name with a slang term for masturbation.

They renamed those moves years ago.

#12108 Edited by MildMolasses (3228 posts) -

If they get rid of the dick jokes then the terrorists have won

#12109 Edited by RipTheVeins (1546 posts) -
#12110 Posted by The_Grindilow (432 posts) -

So, i'm still catching up on last weeks WWE, just watched Smackdown, was that world record legit? He's not actually the WSM either is he?

#12111 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2291 posts) -

Here he is, maskless.

#12112 Edited by Wikitoups (870 posts) -
#12113 Edited by Milkman (17204 posts) -
#12114 Edited by DrX25 (1550 posts) -

So, i'm still catching up on last weeks WWE, just watched Smackdown, was that world record legit? He's not actually the WSM either is he?

Probably not, there were enough possible camera tricks to fake it and, if it was legit, the WWE PR machine would be talking about it nonstop. As for his nickname, it's a half-truth because he is an international strongman competition winner (The Arnold Strongman Classic) and, for a time, was considered to be the strongest man in the world, but he hasn't competed since the Arnold classic in 2002, so there are probably stronger people out there today.

@dazzhardy said:

They renamed those moves years ago.

Nope, it's still called the Five Knuckle Shuffle, they only renamed the F-U (to Attitude Adjustment) and the STF-U (back to the STF).

#12115 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2291 posts) -

@milkman said:

@gorillamopena: I don't know how to react to this.

If you want to trust NEWZ it seems they love him and were surprised with how well he can speak. They did say they were slowing him down a bit, which makes sense for the WWE style and you just can't work at that pace forever.

#12116 Edited by Milkman (17204 posts) -

@milkman said:

If you want to trust NEWZ it seems they love him and were surprised with how well he can speak. They did say they were slowing him down a bit, which makes sense for the WWE style and you just can't work at that pace forever.

To be honest, I was pretty surprised how well he spoke too. The whole thing is still just weird. In the ring, I'm not worried. He's good enough to make any style work.

#12117 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2291 posts) -

@milkman said:

@gorillamopena said:

@milkman said:

To be honest, I was pretty surprised how well he spoke too. The whole thing is still just weird. In the ring, I'm not worried. He's good enough to make any style work.

It is weird to see him not in the mask. But it looks like they know what they are doing. And Curt Hawkins sounds like a good guy to have a "first" match with.

It is why I still think Cesaro will be fine, and was never really concerned about Punk/Bryan. Some guys are just too talented for them to screw up.

#12118 Posted by Baillie (4279 posts) -

Mark Henry has records still unbeaten in strength. To say it's a half-truth is pretty bullshit.

#12119 Edited by lord_canti (1519 posts) -

@drx25: did...did he say the chomp is hear?

#12120 Edited by MildMolasses (3228 posts) -

@milkman said:

@gorillamopena said:

@milkman said:

This all seems vaguely racist. "Oh, he's so well spoken" I feel like it's the mid-90's and we're talking about Colin Powell. But to be fair, I had expected a heavy Quebecois accent

I'm more surprised at how good looking he his. I figured he wore the mask was because he was some goofy looking motherfucker

#12121 Edited by TurboMan (7696 posts) -

Kane might be running for Senate in Tennessee.

#12122 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2291 posts) -

Derrick Bateman has been released.

#12123 Edited by Roomrunner (880 posts) -

LOVE IS OVER

#12124 Posted by Demoskinos (15119 posts) -

@turboman said:

AMAZING.

Derrick Bateman has been released.

FUCK.

#12125 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2291 posts) -

Briley Pierce (Brother of Dolph Ziggler) has also been released.

NXT is going through cuts today, because it seems Sakamoto and Audrey Marie might be gone too.

#12126 Posted by Demoskinos (15119 posts) -
#12127 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4849 posts) -

Why did I think El Generico didn't speak English? I swear I heard that some where.

He's a handsome devil though =3

#12128 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2291 posts) -
#12129 Edited by Milkman (17204 posts) -

I can't say I'm surprised by Bateman being released since the WWE has proven again and again that they had no interest in ever giving him a shot but that doesn't make them any less of a bunch of goddamn morons.

However, the good thing about this is that we finally might see The USA Guy somewhere.

#12130 Edited by Roomrunner (880 posts) -

At least they were kind enough to keep him employed through rehab.

#12131 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2291 posts) -
#12132 Posted by TurboMan (7696 posts) -

At least they were kind enough to keep him employed through rehab.

This 1000 times.

Hopefully we'll get to see USA guy elsewhere, it seems too good not to try.

#12133 Posted by jewunit (1064 posts) -

@turboman said:

Citizen Kane!

#12134 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Goodnight, sweet prince.

#12136 Edited by DrX25 (1550 posts) -

Here's a secret, I never counted up the scores for WrestleMania... Until Now! (I should note that I counted the 8 Person match that was scrapped from Mania and done on Raw the next night). Also, look at the rules as they've changed dramatically because, as you can notice, number one and two are towering over everyone else. So, to give everyone an equal playing field the system's been changed to a questionnaire style prediction sheet. Also, since I'm spring it out of the blue, I'll take any sort of comments or questions about the new system and, if everyone hates it, we'll switch back to the old one for Payback.

1. DrX25 - 23350 pts
2. papercut - 18000 pts
3. FateOfNever - 12200 pts
4. joshthebear - 11600 pts
5. Milkman – 9625 pts
6. TurboMan - 6000 pts
7. GunslingerPanda - 5580 pts
8. GentlemanlyGentleman - 4250 pts
9. DoesitOffendYou_Yeah - 4090 pts
10. zombiesatemycereal - 3650 pts
11. spankingaddict - 2880 pts
12. DazzHardy - 2500 pts
13. Aronleon - 2475 pts
14. MVP1101 – 2175 pts
15. SlightConfuse - 2100 pts
16. MayorMikeAckbar - 2000 pts
17. Demoskinos - 1945 pts
18. Lumley - 1900 pts
19. Hockeymask27 - 1250 pts
20. lord_canti - 1000 pts
21. TJ311/Hogshead - 850 pts
23. Rabid619 - 750 pts
24. awesomeusername - 700 pts
25. Wikitoups - 630 pts
26. Nameless2000 - 580 pts
27. Dynablade - 530 pts
28. Natedogg2 - 360 pts
29. MjHealy - 355 pts
30. Humphreys/halfpastwhenever - 350 pts
32. rentfn - 300 pts
33. TheLark - 260 pts
34. laserbolts - 220 pts
35. returnofjake - 200 pts
36. MrMuscle - 150 pts

So here are the official rules:

• You don't have to sign up, just make predictions and I'll add ya to the rankings.
  • Simply predict the answers to each question and, for every correct one, you get a point (unless stated otherwise); you don't lose anything for getting it wrong.
  • You don't have to bet on every match and you don't have to answer every question.
  • Whoever is in #1 after the PPV is allowed to have the Championship belt in their avatar.
  • If your prediction post is edited after the PPV, then you are disqualified for the event.
  • You must have your predictions in before the PPV/Pre-Show begins.
  • If the match ends in a draw (if Mark Henry suplexes The Big Show and the ring implodes, etc.), the prediction is cancelled and no points will be awarded/taken away.
  • The LoC committee has the right to change the rules if necessary.

And here's the official list of Matches (via WWE.com):

The Miz vs Cody Rhodes - Singles Match (Pre show match on Youtube, WWE.com, Yahoo, etc.)

Winner:

Method of victory (Pin, Sub, DQ, etc.):

Chris Jericho vs Fandango - Singles Match

Winner:

Randy Orton vs Big Show - Extreme Rules Match:

Winner:

Method of victory (Pin, Sub, etc.):

Sheamus vs Mark Henry - Strap Match

Winner:

Order of corners touched (1 point per correct corner): (e.g. Back Left, Front Right, Back Right, Front Left)

WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No vs The Shield (Rollins and Reigns) - Tag Team Tornado Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

Winner:

Method of victory (Pin, Sub, etc.):

Person who takes the win (2 pts):

Person who takes the loss (2 pts):

United States Champion Kofi Kingston vs Dean Ambrose - Singles Match for the United States Championship

Winner:

Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger - World Heavyweight Championship Number One Contender's I Quit Match

Winner (2 pts):

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar - Steel Cage Match

Winner:

Method of victory (Pin, Sub, Escape, etc.):

WWE Champion John Cena vs Ryback - Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship

Winner (2 pts):

#12137 Edited by Milkman (17204 posts) -

Okay, here goes. Prediction time.

The Miz vs Cody Rhodes - Singles Match (Pre show match on Youtube, WWE.com, Yahoo, etc.)

Winner: The Miz

Method of victory: Submission via figure-four leg lock

Winner: Chris Jericho

Method of victory: Submission via Walls of Jericho

Winner: Randy Orton

Method of victory: RKO onto steel steps

Winner: Sheamus

Order of corners touched (1 point per correct corner): Dude, what? Uhh...let's say Front Left, Back Left, Back Right, Front Right?

WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No vs The Shield (Rollins and Reigns) - Tag Team Tornado Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

Winner: The Shield

Method of victory: Spear from Reigns

Person who takes the win (2 pts): Seth Rollins

Person who takes the loss (2 pts): Daniel Bryan

United States Champion Kofi Kingston vs Dean Ambrose - Singles Match for the United States Championship

Winner: Dean Ambrose

Method of victory: Overdriver (or whatever he calls his new finishing move)

Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger - World Heavyweight Championship Number One Contender's I Quit Match

Winner (2 pts): Alberto Del Rio

Winner: Brock Lesnar

Method of victory: Escape from the cage

WWE Champion John Cena vs Ryback - Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship

Winner (2 pts): John Cena

#12138 Edited by Rabid619 (1106 posts) -

@drx25 So is this essentially an LoC reset? Looking at the rules and layout it appears that the old style is being left behind in favour this. No complaints, I'm all for it if that's the case. That'd also be wonderful timing considering I burned all my points at Mania like Monty Burns burns hundred dollar bills.

#12140 Posted by Milkman (17204 posts) -

Okay, here goes. Prediction time.

Method of victory: Submission via Walls of Jericho

Method of victory: RKO onto steel steps

Order of corners touched (1 point per correct corner): Dude, what? Uhh...let's say Front Left, Back Left, Back Right, Front Right?

Method of victory: Spear from Reigns

Method of victory: Overdriver (or whatever he calls his new finishing move)

Method of victory: Escape from the cage

#12141 Edited by GorillaMoPena (2291 posts) -

I guess I should start predicting again

Winner: Fandango

Method of victory: Pinfall

Winner: Big Show

Method of victory: Pin via KO punch

Order of corners touched (1 point per correct corner): Back Left, front left, front right, back right

Method of victory: Pin after a Reigns spear

Method of victory: Whatever the finisher is

Method of victory: Pinfall

#12142 Edited by Rabid619 (1106 posts) -

Winner: The Miz, unfortunately, due to the fact that the wwe apparently has no interest in doing anything with Cody at the moment while also being constantly high on Miz for some reason.

Method of victory: Skull Crushing Finale

Method of victory: Walls of Jericho. This match can truly go either way but I can see this feud continuing

Method of victory: RKO on a... chair? Sure. Let's say that.

Winner: Mark Henry

Order of corners touched (1 point per correct corner): (Back Left, Back Right, Top Right, Top Left)

Method of victory: Flying Knee

Person who takes the loss (2 pts): Kane

Method of victory: Whatever Ambrose's finisher is called

Winner (2 pts): Del Rio

Method of victory: Walking out the door after giving a beating to a HHH with a very "never say die" attitude

Winner (2 pts): Cena wins lol

#12143 Edited by DrX25 (1550 posts) -

Just so people are aware, the Method of victory is just meant to be how they win (pin, DQ, etc.) and not the exact finish. But, for those of you that have already written them, you don't need to change anything, I'll count finishers like the RKO as a pin and submission moves as a submission.

@milkman: Yeah, I know the corners thing is weird, but it's an attempt to do some weirder stuff with the predictions (do more than just winner and how they won).

@rabid619: Yeah, it's pretty much a reset. There was going to be one after Mania regardless, so might as well change the formula now.

#12144 Posted by bennym6 (423 posts) -

A few things.

Briley Pierce and Derrick "USA Guy" Bateman were two of my favorites in the company so that news sucks. Also Sakamoto was great in the ring and had potential.

I'd much rather have Sami Zayn than have Vince ruin the greatest character in wrestling history. The character loss doesn't stop him from being the best in the world.

This needs to be seen, by everyone.

#12145 Edited by MildMolasses (3228 posts) -

I'm not going to throw myself into the pool, but my bet for the Hell No/ Shield match is Rollin's knee drop to the back of Kane's head after Kane choke slams Reigns. Rollins gets the pin

#12146 Posted by DazzHardy (786 posts) -

• Winner: Miz
  • Method of victory (Pin, Sub, DQ, etc.): Submission

• Winner: Fandango
  • Method of victory (Pin, Sub, DQ, etc.): Pinfall

• Winner: Randy Orton
  • Method of victory (Pin, Sub, etc.): Pinfall

• Winner: Sheamus
  • Order of corners touched (1 point per correct corner):Back Left, Back Right, Front Right, Front Left

• Winner: The Shield
  • Method of victory (Pin, Sub, etc.): Pinfall
  • Person who takes the win (2 pts): Rollins
  • Person who takes the loss (2 pts): Bryan

• Winner: Ambrose
  • Method of victory (Pin, Sub, DQ, etc.): Pinfall

• Winner (2 pts): Del Rio

• Winner: HHH
  • Method of victory (Pin, Sub, Escape, etc.): Submission

• Winner (2 pts): John Cena
#12147 Edited by DoesitOffendYou_Yeah (137 posts) -

The Miz vs Cody Rhodes

Method of victory: Submission

Chris Jericho vs Fandango

Winner: Y2J

Method of victory: Submission

Method of victory: PIN

Winner: Mark Henry (I don't know, just have a hunch.)

Order of corners touched: Back Right, Back Left, Front Left, Front Right

WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No vs The Shield (Rollins and Reigns)

Winner: Rollins and Reigns

Person who takes the win: Reigns

Person who takes the loss: Dazzler

United States Champion Kofi Kingston vs Dean Ambrose

Winner: Dean Ambrose (hopefully)

Winner: Alberto Del Rio

Winner: John Cena

So does this mean everybody's 'points' are reset to 0. I.e. it's like a 'new season'?

#12148 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4849 posts) -

Method of victory (Pin, Sub, DQ, etc.): Pin

Method of victory (Pin, Sub, etc.): Pin

Order of corners touched (1 point per correct corner): Front Right, Back Right, Back Left, Front Left

Method of victory (Pin, Sub, etc.): Pin

Person who takes the win (2 pts): Reigns

Person who takes the loss (2 pts): Kane

Winner: Triple H

Method of victory (Pin, Sub, Escape, etc.): Pin because nobody cares about Cage Match rules any more.

#12149 Posted by MjHealy (1867 posts) -

Great idea, IMO

-----

The Miz vs Cody Rhodes - Singles Match

Winner: The Miz (via submission)

Winner: Chris Jericho (via submission)

Winner: Blandy Orton (via pin-fall)

Order of corners touched: Back right, Front left, Front right, Back left

Winner: The Shield (via pin-fall)

Person who takes the win (2 pts): Roman Reigns

Winner: Dean Ambrose (via pin-fall)

Winner: Trips (Escape)

#12150 Edited by Lumley (963 posts) -

Method of victory: Sub (figure-four leglock)

Method of victory: Sub (Walls of Jericho)

Method of victory: Pin (off an RKO)

Order of corners touched: Front left, Bottom left, Bottom right, Front right

Method of victory: Pin

Person who takes the win: Reigns

Person who takes the loss: Daniel Bryan

Winner: Alberto Del Rio

Winner: John Cena