Latest PPV and weekly show discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@turboman said:

THESE FONTS ARE KILLING ME.

Pick one out of the three right now. Or tell me that they all suck.

No Caption Provided

I'm definitely digging this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

This one but centre the text? That Rubix being a .gif would be cool too.

@turboman said:

No Caption Provided

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#13103  Edited By MildMolasses

@turboman: second one because the W looks like the AWA logo

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#13104  Edited By turboman
DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Main Event Spoilers for 7/31:

1. Wade Barrett defeated R-Truth

2. The Usos defeated The Prime Time Players

3. Mark Henry defeated Drew McIntyre

Holy shit! Wade Barrett won a match!

Smackdown Cliffsnotes for 8/2:

- The show opened with Vickie announcing that, like John Cena, Alberto Del Rio was allowed to choose his opponent for SummerSlam. After a lot of teasing, he chose Ricardo Rodriguez. Vickie was furious and then announced that the main event would be Randy Orton vs Christian vs Rob Van Dam to determine the number one contender.

1. Cody Rhodes defeated Jack Swagger. Zeb tried to cut a promo before the match, but Cody knocked the mic out of his hands.

- Josh Mathews interviewed Cody Rhodes about throwing the briefcase in the Gulf of Mexico last week. He said that he would have done the same thing Sandow did at MitB, but Sandow treating him as his servant pushed him over the edge. After that, Sandow attacked him from behind.

2. Big E Langston defeated Sin Cara.

- Backstage, Kaitlyn was getting ready for her Divas Championship match when Layla came up to her and wished her luck and then hugged her.

- In Vickie's office, Vickie was talking to Del Rio when Brad Maddox showed up, he told him that he would be under his authority on next week's Raw (so, in two weeks).

3. CM Punk defeated Fandango.

- Backstage, RVD, Christian and Orton all argued that they would win the match tonight.

4. Divas Champion AJ Lee retained her Title against Kaitlyn with The Black Widow. At one point in the match, Layla prevented Kaitlyn from attacking AJ. After the match, AJ and Layla went skipping to the back together.

- They did a little presentation about Houston declaring July 24, 2013 as Booker T Day. He received a plaque on the stage.

- Before the main event, Christian asked if he deserved One. More. Match. Del Rio then said that Ricardo could beat all of them and he would make the winner tap out at SummerSlam. RVD told him whatevs.

5. Christian defeated Randy Orton and Rob Van Dam in a triple threat match to become number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship. Randy hit the RKO on Van Dam, but Christian got a backslide pin on Randy to win. After the match, Josh Mathews was about to interview Christian when Del Rio attacked him to end the show.

Don't know if it's true, but one report said that the announcers were Michael Cole and Alex Riley.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13107  Edited By lord_canti

@turboman said:

No Caption Provided

yea this is my favorite

Avatar image for doesitoffendyou_yeah
DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Holy shit, I honestly can't believe Christian is number 1 contender.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

All this actually entertaining sounding Smackdown stuff lately has me super excited to see it in Rockford, IL on August 6th. And the commercial billed a match with all of The Shield vs. a team with RVD on it for what it's worth.

Yay, first wresting show ever and in the third row!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

The only thing I can complain about this weeks NXT is that the Paige vs Emma match should have been the main event.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@damswedon: Yep but still, that Harper/Sheamus match was pretty boss.

If we have to trade seeing Sara Del Rey wrestle again for a generation of women wrestlers like that...I mean, I guess that's a fair trade off...

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Let's not forget about that amazing Zeb/Cesaro promo

Zeb KNOWS about Sami Zayn's mysterious past!

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13114  Edited By williamhenry

@doesitoffendyou_yeah said:

Holy shit, I honestly can't believe Christian is number 1 contender.

It actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it. Orton can't be #1 contender since he already has the briefcase. I don't see them putting him under Del Rio or having him with the title and have the case either. RVD is still too new to lose on PPV this early in his run, and can't win the title because he is only part time. So Christian is the only logical choice of the three, even if he has no chance of winning the title.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bennym6: I can't find it anywhere by itself but it was right after the NXT Women's Title match on this weeks episode.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched this week's TNA because I wanted to watch Trent? in that Ultimate X match or whatever

I miss Samoa Joe

:(

DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: @williamhenry: I think it's more the memories of his tragic reigns back when Edge retired. I just never really believed that they took Christian seriously as main eventer, so I'm quite surprised. Of course, it makes logical sense given who was in the triple threat No.1 contender's match. But I expected either Ziggler, Big Show face return, hell, even a Ziggler/Big E/Del Rio triple threat rather than a fresh feud with Christian.

Also, Tyler Breeze is amazing and I can't wait to see where it goes next.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't listened to AOW in forever but I saw the latest episode was with Robert Evans so I had to listen. As expected, he was a delight and exactly how you would expect him to be.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it was ever mentioned here, but RVD is going to be in Saint Row 4.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

I haven't listened to AOW in forever but I saw the latest episode was with Robert Evans so I had to listen. As expected, he was a delight and exactly how you would expect him to be.

Screw Stone Cold, this s the AOW I need to listen to.

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@drx25: He was in the third one.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bennym6 said:

What was he in the third one?

DoesitOffendYou_Yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut said:

@bennym6 said:

He is Bobby one of the commentators for the Genki, and Murderbowl stuff. He claims to have been one of Shaundi's old boyfriends.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13126  Edited By dazzhardy
lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13127  Edited By lord_canti

i think that if christian wins hes not keeping that belt long. the wwe probably does not want Del Rio to be the victim of 2 consecutive cash ins and if sandow is going to be a big heel he is going to need to cash it in against a face,but not a big one ...aka Christian

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damswedon said:

@papercut said:

@bennym6 said:

He is Bobby one of the commentators for the Genki, and Murderbowl stuff. He claims to have been one of Shaundi's old boyfriends.

And that explains why my eyes glazed over when people mentioned that RVD was in SR3. Completely forgot that was ever a thing.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13129  Edited By turboman

@lord_canti: I don't see Sandow cashing in his MITB for a long time though.

______

weird... the AOW with Robert Evans was the one that brought me back to the podcast too. It was kind of weird how down on himself he was, since I think he's in the same league as Colt Cabana. Interesting notes were how he got into ROH/moved to philidelphia (The MITB match at the local promotion was a great story) and that he's keeping Kayfabe alive. Also it seemed that both of them veered far away from talking about Chikara at all.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: Has Robert Evans ever wrestled for Chikara? or is it only Archibald Peck that has?

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

I watched it last Thursday but MAN was that Emma-Paige good. Finest women's wrestling I've seen from the WWE in years.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: Has Robert Evans ever wrestled for Chikara? or is it only Archibald Peck that has?

He's represented Archibald Peck as legal council before but he's never actually wrestled for Chikara.

Loading Video...

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13134  Edited By turboman

anybody else wanna suffer together for Total Divas tonight?

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13135  Edited By Rabid619

@turboman: Ah god damn it I would've but I've been busy all day and totally forgot it was on. Can't find a stream online either, for some reason firstrow isn't streaming it. Monsters.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13136  Edited By turboman

Impressions of Total Divas:

• Really not afraid of saying "planned" "rehearsed" etc., but also tries to make up actual beefs between people... really weird to watch.
  • The cuts are insanely fast... there aren't many scenes that breathe and you go from location to location lightning quick.
  • Natalya and Naomi are the only two that seem like real people.
  • Brodus Clay vs. Vincent for WM 30.
  • There was a scene where The Funkadactyls outfits weren't ready on time for Wrestlemania! Even though the show explained that they had dress rehearsals the day before.
  • The two newbies are the absolute worst.
  • "We know what we're doing" - Divas Talent Relationship Lady
k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want there to be a male version of total divas show and call it "Totally Divas". This was hilarious to watch. The way Cena dodged the marriage question by one of the twins was great. "Marriage? Pssssshhhh. Baby you know you are the only one who I would go out fishing with while its raining". I was actually surprised to see Cena not wearing his merch clothes while hanging out with the implants Bella twin. Also, I want Cena's music to hit every time he shows up on screen.

This show is basically dirt sheets coming alive and being broadcasted on T.V. There is a good deal of truth and falsity mixed up to create the maximum amount of drama. The only downside is that the cast isn't as interesting as it could have been. If this does good numbers maybe WWE would consider doing a spinoff with male wrestlers, as I suggested before. Here's hoping.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I realised today that if Cena came out to his old theme I would probably stop hating him for a week or two.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13139  Edited By turboman

Hmm... the TNA TV tapings happening 2 blocks away from my house will have Bully Ray vs. Chris Sabin in a steel cage match...

might as well see if I could get in super cheap.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13140  Edited By lord_canti

just started watching total divas and i may not be able to stand 43 min of this but one of the funkadactyls getting marred to a uso makes the usos getting a push a WHOLE lot more sense especially as it was going into the ppv just before this aired

-edit- god dam it i just realized that summerslam is revolving around the people on this show, danial bryan vs john cena and probably usos vs shield. money on one of the bellas/natalya/a funkadactyl will be wrestling aj.

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_canti: If it makes you feel any better, the dirt sheets are saying that Shield vs Usos/Henry was never planned for SummerSlam and the segment last week was a stopgap as the actual SummerSlam match is The Shield vs Mark Henry and Big Show, AJ is going to be focused on Ziggler/Big E and there's no Divas match planned for SS.

Spoiler for Raw:

They did Shield vs Usos/Henry and Shield won.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Kharma has been mentioning stuff about coming back to TV on her twitter account. I would like to take this opportunity to make a wild prediction that she will be brought in as Ziggler's new bodyguard to deal with AJ.

If my last place finish in the MITB predictions is any indication, then I will be dead on

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Raw is pretaped tonight, but if anyone is still interested in giving it a watch, I'm gonna throw up a chat. Maybe it will be secretly amazing!

...not gonna bank on that one

Chat chat chat!

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We doing a pre-taped Raw chat tonight?

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha, Vince McMahon is still the best heel.

I watched Total Divas and here is a recap. Brie Bella is hot. Cameron is the worst and this is reflected in her boyfriend. Glad to see Jimmy Uso actually getting TV time. When Cena isn't PG tryharding he can be quite funny, but he also comes across as a real slimeball. The lack Brodus Clay during Cameron's hissy fit was telling (it's bullshit). Eva Marie or whatever is hot but seems like a total bitch. Jo Jo is DELIGHTFUL.

See you next, Total Divas weekly discussion thread.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dazz 16 says **** my ****ty internet >_>

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13148  Edited By turboman

The mod(s) has told me that if the rest of us are fine with it, then we can lock up this old thread and start a newer, younger thread. So are we ok with this decision? Can I get a quick confirmation from everyone?

If so, then goodbye, you magnificent son of a bitch. RIP "Latest PPV and Weekly Show Discussion Thread" 2011-2013.

Loading Video...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@turboman: I dunno what is there really to gain with that maaan we gotta keep the legacy going or well that is at least my vote if it matters at all.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait what? Why?