This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

The title has changed hands almost every week since mitb. They need someone to hold on the thing. Writhed it be punk or cena. It would help to have more then two guys to challenge for it

#102 Posted by TurboMan (7402 posts) -

@Milkman: I agree that Punk's been boring as of late, but I'd like to think that's WWE's fault. Nash and HHH totally killed Punk's momentum. I'm really a defender of ADR most of the time, but he didn't do too much and WWE didn't know what to do with him once he was the champ. I feel that they also didn't use Ricardo Rodriguez right, I think he should be the mouthpiece for ADR and let him handle a much larger percent of the segments.

#103 Edited by GorillaMoPena (1929 posts) -

Remember when that actually happened?

Rock gave a post-match speech, the crowd chanted We Want Ryder during it

#104 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4637 posts) -

Goddammit, fell asleep just after The Rock came out. Gonna have to download it :(

#105 Edited by lord_canti (1503 posts) -

ive not finished the whole ppv yet but ive only just noticed something, alberto del rio wrestles like a 12 year old trying to fight a bigger kid climbing on them and charging screaming well just another reason i don't like him. also i really didn't need to see cm punks skinny fat ass XD

people think that the real reason that sin cara is going to be out for another 6-9 months is due to the wwe wellness policy it just feels like hes being pulled out every other month for one reason or another he hasn't gotten enough chance to get a proper momentum

p.s. i like john cena but the crowed chanting "cenas lady parts" was pretty dam awesome

#106 Posted by bartok (2423 posts) -
@lord_canti
 I don't think it was a wellness policy issue that is putting Sin Cara out of action it looks like he legitimately hurt himself bad during that dive.  Sorry you don't like ADR but I love him and he wrestles a pretty solid "Rudos" style and against an opponent that knows how to sell properly i.e. not John Cena or The Big Show he is great.   Do you really hate CM Punk or are you just trolling? 

As for the main event way to bury R Truth and The Miz.  They were made to like bitches through out the build up to Survival Series and instead of getting a win they get pinned by the Rock who while he looked pretty good he also barely had to sell any offense.   

My other thought is why the fuck are they prolonging the Mark Henry/Big Show feud?  Big Show is just awful as anything but a tag partner for Chris Jericho or The Miz. While this hoss vs. hoss feud is better then other ones like Kane/Big Show or Batista/Great Kahli it is still shitty and if Mark Henry loses the title to Big Show then Smackdown will be dead to me
#107 Posted by lord_canti (1503 posts) -

@bartok: na i love cm punk since he got out of the whole straight edge angle but all im saying is that when ADR grabbed his trunks i saw wayyyyyy more of that guy than i needed to XD

#108 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

@GorillaMoPena:

Holy crap, that was actually a decent elbow. Big Show's a lot more athletic than people give him credit for.

Seeing the Survivor Series results, nothing was too surprising. To be honest, I was most surprised by the heel team winning the Survivor Series elimination match. Wonder if this means that they're actually trying to build Barrett back up into an actual threat.

#109 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@ImperiousRix: Yeah, that was an impressive as hell elbow. I was cringing when he was gingerly steadying himself on the top turnbuckle. I mean, the dude is a collossuss. You should've seen him over a decade ago when he was younger and even more atheltic. The guy could pull off moonsaults and kip-ups at the Power Plant.

I'm really impressed that he's been able to stay as healthy and mobile as he is after all his years in the industry.

I'll probably write up some more coherent thoughts on the PPV later or maybe after Raw, but I'll say this about the Rock, he looked crisp in the ring what with those wicked arm drags and pulling off a La Magistral right off the bat. I don't think I've seen him do that since his Iron Man match with Triple H back in 2000. (Incidentally he used the Dragon Screw Legwhip in both those matches as well and kinda botched them). Though I can't understand for the life of me why he insists on doing a Sharpshooter (I know Bret had a hand in training him, but still), his version always looks awful like he's taking a dump on his opponents back. He should just call it the Sharpshitter.

Also, no WAY Rock would pass a Wellness test in the WWE today. He looked way brolic and juiced up.

And honestly, could Cena at least look a little miffed and upset about what went down last night? I'm not saying turn him heel, but give him a little bit of an edge instead of going all "Aw shucks". And I'm not talking about his usual speaking low and serious AND THEN SHOUTING LIKE AN ANGRY 12 YEAR OLD! Just a few pensive stares and looks of dissapointment and fristration towards the Rock could've said wonders. Then again, projecting an actual charactar in ring and ring psychology is far from his forte.

#110 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1929 posts) -

Mark Henry vs Big Show III should be the ladder match at TLC

But instead it will be a chairs match, maybe this will be the time I understand why a chairs match isn't the dumbest idea ever

#111 Posted by TurboMan (7402 posts) -

@GorillaMoPena said:

Mark Henry vs Big Show III should be the ladder match at TLC

But instead it will be a chairs match, maybe this will be the time I understand why a chairs match isn't the dumbest idea ever

It's still the dumbest idea ever.

#112 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

Is the chat going to be open for Raw tonight?

#113 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

By the way, did anyone see CM Punk's interview with The New York Daily News this morning? He had some harsh words for The Rock.

"You know, the thing about that is, he's not around. He's not around. It doesn't help morale when the guy goes right from his limo to the dressing room to the dressing room to the ring. He's very bourgeois Hollywood."

"He came back, he did WWE Raw after that. He said he was never gonna leave. And the next time we saw him is a month later. Yeah, it does bother me. A little hello would have been nice. He could have run by with his own entourage."

When they asked Punk if The Rock was a diva, he said:

"I can't say that. At least the WWE Divas say hi to me in the halls."

Pipe bomb!

#114 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

Just going to put a bunch of random thoughts here about Survivor Series.

That was most likely the last time we will see Morrison on a WWE PPV. At most we will see him job a couple of times on TV and that will be the end of it. Good news for all you TNA fans, though! I'm sure you are super excited about how he will pop up on Impact! in about a month from now, get a super push to the main event, probably become champion, and then...well, TNA will be TNA and he will spend the rest of his career booked horribly and inevitably become irrelevant.  On the hand, ZIggler is quickly becoming one of the best in ring workers the company has and will most likely be a key player in the WWE championship scene by the end of next year. 
But in order to do that he is going to have to drop the midcard US title to someone. But who? The most obvious choice is Zack Ryder. Which coincidentally happens to also be the best choice. How do you get people to care about a midcard title again? By giving it to someone that people want to see succeed and want to cheer for. One of the major lessons we learned last night is that Ryder is super over with the crowd and WWE needs to push that guy hard.

The divas match was not an unwatchable mess for a change and I found that to be somewhat shocking. Beth and Nat are totally saving that entire division and it just goes to show how having actual wrestlers over models who wrestle can produce better results. 

I guess it was only a matter of time before the human botch machine that is Sin Cara injured himself. I like Sin Cara, and when he is good he is damn good, but the guy makes a lot of mistakes and doesn't do a particularly good job at hiding them. What really sucks about it happening now is that it not only kills his momentum, but Hunico's as well. I guess Hunico, Epico, and Primo can form a jobber stable called the Not Quite Vanilla Midgets. Hopefully WWE can come up with something for them to do by maybe bringing in more talents familiar with the luchador style. An infusion of the Mexican style of wrestling would be a real treat and add some more energy to the Smackdown midcard.
The 5v5 tag match didn't do any favors for the face team and seemed to be more about building up the heels than anything else. The only guy on Team Orton that scored any pinfalls was Orton himself. Granted, one of those was handed to him by Sheamus, but the results still show Orton eliminating three of the five members of Team Barret. No one gains or loses anything by making Orton look strong. I mean, if you follow the show then you have already made up your mind on if you like him or not. Personally, I am in the negative camp, because he often comes dangerously close to being booked as Super Cera 2.0.
The right guys did go over in the end. Barret and Rhodes came out on top and that is how it should be. I am going to take their victory as a sign from WWE that these guys are the future of the company.  And I couldn't be happier.

Big Show and Henry put on their worst encounter of the year, with MITB's and last months version of this match being clearly superior. That said, this thing did pick up close to the end. I don't know about you guys but I got nervous watching Show trying to steady himself on the top rope. And holy hell did that elbow look good for someone his size! Easily one of the best moments of the night. Henry retained. Big Show didn't lose. This feud will most likely be wrapped up next month at TLC.

I never noticed it until last night but I miss hearing the Fink announce. Something about that guys voice brings back waves of nostalgia from my childhood. He is like the Jim Ross of announcing. Many people are good at it, but none are as unique or iconic. 
Punk and Del Rio put on the match of the night. I really didn't expect Punk to win here and he probably shouldn't have, but I'm OK with it. I would have liked for Del Rio to hold on to the title a bit longer. Just to make him a bit more credible as champion. I do understand taking the strap off him. He isn't as entertaining as champ. I personally enjoy Del Rio more when he is on the hunt and not defending. That character just works better as the challenger.
Punk better be champ for a while. I don't mean a couple of months, I mean like to Wrestlemania. Maybe beyond. Hell, have him drop it at Summerslam. What do you think the average link of a title reign has been this year? The answer is about a month. I'm sick and tired of constant title changes and would like for someone to have the thing long enough for it to mean something. Henry on Smackdown is the champion. No one can seem to stop him, or find a way to take the HWC from him. He is to be respected, feared, and most certainly not a paper champion. I hope Punk can be that for Raw. 

Is it odd that I found Rock/Cena vs Awesome Truth to be the least interesting match of the night? The Rocks opening barrage is awesome, but after that it kind of went down hill. What did we get from all this? Rock is pretty cool. Cena can still kick out despite getting beat down for 15+ minutes. Miz and Truth are good heels. I did not getting anything out of this. All the parts involving the Rock were fun, but everything besides him was just sort of there. The Rock was the selling point of this match. He was this match. Everything else was just the same match we have seen over and over. It was only a couple of weeks ago that we saw Cena team up with Ryder to take on Miz and Truth. That was still relatively fresh in my mind. I guess the match itself didn't matter. The Rock came back and proved he still has it. That is the one thing we really got from this. 

Oh, and there will most likely never be a Cena heel turn.

#115 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4637 posts) -

The thing about a Cena heel turn is that he can't do it with The Rock. If he beats on him or costs him the match, so what? They already don't like each other and Cena's still a face. If Cena's gonna turn heel, it would have to be by attacking someone universally loved like Ryder or, if it's done well, CM Punk.

Booker T's commentary on The Rock was funny.

#116 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Sin Cara has a history of knee issues and you could see that something happened to it as soon as he jumped.

#117 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

Booker T on Raw already makes this the best Raw in months 30 seconds into the show.

#118 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4637 posts) -

Hoshit Punk's being awesome again.

#119 Posted by DrX25 (1486 posts) -

The weird twitter bug leads to this :

#120 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

Kevin Nash is Jerry Only's big homie.

#121 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

@DrX25: Weird. Undertaker would be my guess.

#122 Posted by DrX25 (1486 posts) -

@Milkman: But Kane is supposed to come back for/at the Royal Rumble.

#123 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

is it me or is kevin nash wasted all the time

#124 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2051 posts) -

Thank god Nash wasn't booking SS.

#125 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

@DrX25 said:

@Milkman: But Kane is supposed to come back for/at the Royal Rumble.

Or that.

I love Booker T's subtle "that's my big homie" at the end of that Nash promo. He just kind of slipped that in there. I'm going to tell myself that Booker made a bet with Cole that he can get that big homie comment in there every time Nash is on screen. By the way, what the fuck was up with that Nash promo? The WWE must really have no idea what the hell to do with him right now.

Also, really, Blizzard? A Chuck Norris commercial for World of Warcraft in 2011?

#126 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

when is the last time the intercontenal championship was defended

#127 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

@slightconfuse said:

anyone see the commerical where del rio is still champ and fighting cena in a street fight

Yeah, saw that too. It also had Christian in there so I assume that stuff is subject to change...

#128 Posted by TurboMan (7402 posts) -

Cody Rhodes has had his mask and awesome music taken away from him.

But atleast he has knee pads.

#129 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2051 posts) -

LOL at Cody Rhodes going from laughing to serious face one Santino's music hit.

#130 Posted by TurboMan (7402 posts) -

WUT DA HALE!?!?!

#131 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

WHUT DA HAIL?

#132 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

WHUT DA HAIL

wow a hash tag on his gear, take a drink

#133 Posted by TurboMan (7402 posts) -

ok, this thread is getting a bit chatty....

http://www.screened.com/chat/

#134 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2051 posts) -

#135 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -

Calling it now. At some point RAW is going to go far off the deep end that we actually see someone challenge someone to a match...IN THE NEW WWE VIDEO GAME. We then proceed to spend the next 10 minutes watching them fumble with the controls while attempting to talk trash to each other. Needless to say it goes on to become the BEST segment in history.

#136 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

Tonight, the WWE broke up, by far, the best tag team they have (besides the Chickbusters, of course). What about R-Truth's first face run made the WWE say "Yeah, let's do that again"?

#137 Posted by TurboMan (7402 posts) -

@Milkman said:

Tonight, the WWE broke up, by far, the best tag team they have (besides the Chickbusters, of course). What about R-Truth's first face run made the WWE say "Yeah, let's do that again"?

Don't know what's worse, Awesome Truth breaking up for no damn reason, or John Cena telling somebody else that "Nobody cares about you"

#138 Edited by Michaelblack18 (223 posts) -

ok the whole itbegins video:ive heard 3-4 credible theories for it 1.taker 2.jericho 3.Batista 4.Sting

and it can't be kane can they clearly just showed a video promo there of him laughing and his mask burning next thing i have to say the ending for raw really wasn't that strong with the miz and truth thing and i really that nash promo was missing triple h coming out and beating the crap out of him good match with ziggler and punk oh and cover tna there already has been a botchamania video if someone already hasn't posted it for turning point,oh boy what the botch fest that turned out to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sHpAIQlK24A

#139 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

@TurboMan said:

@Milkman said:

Don't know what's worse, Awesome Truth breaking up for no damn reason, or John Cena telling somebody else that "Nobody cares about you"

I'm really upset about the whole Awesome Truth break-up. They were by far the most interesting tag team WWE had right now. I liked Truth as a face, though he'd always just be a mid-carder if they take him back to that, but I think (and hope) there's a possibility both men stay heels.

RAW was alright tonight, I guess. Ziggler vs. Punk really propped up the whole show. Best TV match in a long time. I'm glad that Cody still seems to be effective despite losing his mask gimmick. Still has great charisma and works the ring extremely well. Besides, he's got his hilariously awful "WOAH OH, YOU'RE ONLY SMOKE AND MIRRORS" music back.

Still, it was stupid that the show ended on a promo and a heel turn. The Punk/Ziggler match would have been a much better close, or at least a better main event. I like Barrett, and am glad they're pushing him again, but that match with Kofi would have been a much better opener or mid-card match. Why it was the unofficial main event of the night is beyond me.

#140 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4637 posts) -

Sometimes I feel the WWE has no idea what they're doing. They split up the Awesome Truth because Cena said mean things about them, Punk and Ziggler was pushed from the main event slot so that Cena could come out and... say stuff, they refuse to push Ryder who is already ridiculously over without any of their input showing he's got the initiative to go far, the tag title is in some weird limbo right now because they couldn't be bothered to give it to someone else while Bourne was suspended, and Big Show is in the main event picture for some godawful reason.

Only things they're doing right at the moment is Punk, Ziggler, Rhodes, Henry, and Barrett.

Just read this, kinda explains the Awesome Truth break-up: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/No_RAW_Guest_Host_The_MizR-Truth_Split_Rumors.php

#141 Edited by lord_canti (1503 posts) -

im watching a recording but did...did John Laurinaitis just tweet on camera ¬_¬

cena & rock vs HHH & nash would have been a much better match but the wwe are idiots and instead had Nash kill everyone's momentum

stop changing dolph ziggler theme ive been watching wrestling for just over a year now and this is his 3rd in that time

#142 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

Well, I guess we know why Miz and R-Truth broke up now. Still, the whole thing makes no sense. It's just 30 days. Is 30 days worth throwing away your best tag team?

#143 Edited by GorillaMoPena (1929 posts) -

@Michaelblack18 said:

ok the whole itbegins video:ive heard 3-4 credible theories for it 1.taker 2.jericho 3.Batista 4.Sting

and it can't be kane can they clearly just showed a video promo there of him laughing and his mask burning next thing i have to say the ending for raw really wasn't that strong with the miz and truth thing and i really that nash promo was missing triple h coming out and beating the crap out of him good match with ziggler and punk oh and cover tna there already has been a botchamania video if someone already hasn't posted it for turning point,oh boy what the botch fest that turned out to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sHpAIQlK24A

I'm going to say Taker for one last Taker/Kane match

#144 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Punk vs Ziggler was PPV main event caliber. Honestly, the mid-card that the WWE roster has now is so promising. Ziggler, Rhodes, Barrett, Sheamus, Kofi, Swagger and Ryder all have so much to offer. And with incoming talent like Seth Rollins, Antonio Cesare and Dean Ambrose in FCW it all looks promising. Hell, I'm psyched for the re-debut of Brodus Clay as well. That Bowser Koopa look-a-like is a perfect candidate for a Vader/Bam Bam Bigelow role.

It really is a shame about Sin Cara. I mean the guy was a total virtuoso as Mistico, but he really hasn't meshed in the WWE. Though they haven't actually taken the steps to help him with it. First of all, the mesh over his eyes on his mask has to go. It's obvious that they are affecting his performance. Hell, I myself notice a world of difference when I wear my Aero Star mask that has mesh vis-a-vis my open eye Mistico mask. Secondly, he should've spent a whole lot more time in FCW to acclimatize with the WWE style of wrestling and ring proprtions. He still has too many lucha style tendencies that just don't fit well. I wonder if he will have a job to come back to, because that knee injury is gonna have him out for a minimum of 6 months and the WWE might just pull a Mr. Kennedy and cut their losses now.

It's an absolute shame to see Awesome Truth split up, but seeing as Truth is facing a 30 day suspension, it is a easy way to keep him off television for that time. Hell, the team may not even be completely lost. Imagine booking an angle when Truth comes back and Miz and him let cooler heads prevail and go to couples counseling or whatever (I know this is blatantly stealing the skits Orlando Jordan and Eric Young had in TNA in a few months ago, but imagine how hilarious they would be). At least this further establishes Miz as a heel for the next month and gives him more asshole momentum.

So is Triple H legit injured since they've decided to prolong this Nash thing for Gawd knows how long? I mean do anybody actually care?

#145 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

The spoilers for this week's SmackDown sound pretty nuts.

Apparently, the show opens with The Big Show knocking out Mark Henry. And then Daniel Bryan cashing in the Money in the Bank and winning the title. Teddy Long then strips Bryan of the title because apparently, Henry could not compete due to injury. Then in the main event, Daniel Bryan wins a Fatal Four-Way with Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett and Randy Orton, which means that next week's live Smackdown is going to have Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry for the World Heavyweight Championship in a steel cage.

#146 Posted by Demoskinos (14563 posts) -
@Milkman: That.....does sound insane.  I never watch smackdown though so I'm fine with spoilers.  Lol.
#147 Posted by Allison (261 posts) -

I was really hoping they'd save that until Wrestlemania but oh well. :(

I'm loving where they're taking Cody Rhodes and hope he continues to build steam. Ziggler has always been one of my favorite wrestlers because dude can sell a move like DEATH. I kind of hope he drops the US title at some point soon and they bump him into the upper card so he can soar.

Punk, eh. I'm not so sure. His summer run was exciting and new, but now he's kind of back to a lot of empty promises and usual "hoho I'm breaking the fourth wall" stick. Changing the WWE Championship would be a step in the right direction but as it's not the Intercontinental I doubt they'll be that fluid with it because wrestling.

#148 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -
#149 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

I wonder if this "It Begins" return that they're dropping hints too will be a little more subtle than the last return hype vids (Not that I didn't love Jericho's return, or rather when he turned amazing heel after his return)

BAH GAWD!

#150 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Allison said:

I was really hoping they'd save that until Wrestlemania but oh well. :(

I'm loving where they're taking Cody Rhodes and hope he continues to build steam. Ziggler has always been one of my favorite wrestlers because dude can sell a move like DEATH. I kind of hope he drops the US title at some point soon and they bump him into the upper card so he can soar.

Punk, eh. I'm not so sure. His summer run was exciting and new, but now he's kind of back to a lot of empty promises and usual "hoho I'm breaking the fourth wall" stick. Changing the WWE Championship would be a step in the right direction but as it's not the Intercontinental I doubt they'll be that fluid with it because wrestling.

Bryan still has the briefcase apparently. He didn't use it technically. Long reversed the entire match like it didn't exist and gave bryan back the case.