This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by DrX25 (1473 posts) -

That whole episode of SmackDown sounds completely insane and will either be a train wreck or one of the most attitude era shows they have done since the start of the PG era.

#152 Posted by lord_canti (1503 posts) -

first things first i don't like that Daniel Bryan is being a little opportunistic i liked that he was cashing it in at wrestlemania so a smaller guy would be main eventing. but i like that it sounds like its going in a attitude era direction this week. but dispite me not liking that part of it why would teddy reverse the cash in, ive only been watching in my adult life for about a year so last time i watched edge was with christian but didnt he cash in a money in the bank after the champ was in a iron man match or something so really when shouldn't matter there just doing it for story convenience.

also i want peoples opinion on something. ive been condidioned to skip matches with femail wrestlers because of how bad the divas are now, but im just watching this weeks impact's knockout gauntlet match and it was not bad. now ive fallen out of love with TNA hard in the last couple of months but is the knockouts one of the few things there doing right they arnt the best wrestlers ever i would prefer to see trish stratus go but some of them are both attractive and talented which is more than what i can say about most of the divas

#153 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1882 posts) -

Smackdown Spoilers are crazy

!A Jinder Mahal vs Ted Dibiase feud! Whoa WWE Don't blow your big money feud now!

#154 Posted by DrX25 (1473 posts) -

@lord_canti: Well, apparently, the referee must check the champion to see if he is in good enough shape to wrestle (so that's their loophole). As for Divas thing, management believes that nobody could ever enjoy women wrestling, so they go for looks and not talent (in most cases). But, they have signed some more wrestling oriented divas recently and they do have a solid pool of talented women's wrestlers. (And if you want to see some great women's wrestling I suggest you check out Shimmer).

#155 Posted by Allison (260 posts) -

@DrX25 said:

That whole episode of SmackDown sounds completely insane and will either be a train wreck or one of the most attitude era shows they have done since the start of the PG era.

I kind of hope they just never go back to the attitude era. I mean the WWF got mad hype for all the crazy stuff they were doing, but then you had just as many terrible things going on then as we do now.

Okay other than this Twitter crap. That's gone on long enough.

#156 Edited by lord_canti (1503 posts) -

"THIS ISNT WRESTLEMANIA!!" lol cole. i love it that he had the big celebration about daniel bryan then tedie long just runs down and basicaly says lol no. dam i hate teddy long i know he isnt really making desisions but in kayfabe fuck teddy long.

any one know why its going to be on Tuesday this coming week? because if they wanted to do a thanksgiving one it would have been this Friday and if they wanted to do a Christmas one it is literary a month away

#157 Posted by Milkman (16477 posts) -

@lord_canti said:

"THIS ISNT WRESTLEMANIA!!" lol cole. i love it that he had the big celebration about daniel bryan then tedie long just runs down and basicaly says lol no. dam i hate teddy long i know he isnt really making desisions but in kayfabe fuck teddy long.

any one know why its going to be on Tuesday this coming week? because if they wanted to do a thanksgiving one it would have been this Friday and if they wanted to do a Christmas one it is literary a month away

SmackDown is always shot on Tuesdays. So, this week the show is going to live. They do these every once in a while. And they've been talking about moving it to Tuesday permanently and making the show always live.

#158 Posted by TurboMan (7338 posts) -

@Milkman: That would make the most sense, since I only watch the show on Youtube now because it's only on Friday night.

#159 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

What do you guys think about that Kane promo? Here's some stuff about it that are interesting. 

- Kane is seen at various points both wearing a mask and maskless
- I say "a" mask because it is a new one. It has the design of his half-mask, but the colour patterns of his original mask
- He is wearing the black towel over his head, last time he wore that he was ashamed of his humanity and was actively trying to be a monster
- Kane is wearing his old studded gloves that he wore in the 90s, not the fingerless gloves he has worn since the turn of the century
- The photo he is burning is of the moment he unmasked

#160 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -

@CL60 said:

What do you guys think about that Kane promo? Here's some stuff about it that are interesting. - Kane is seen at various points both wearing a mask and maskless - I say "a" mask because it is a new one. It has the design of his half-mask, but the colour patterns of his original mask - He is wearing the black towel over his head, last time he wore that he was ashamed of his humanity and was actively trying to be a monster - Kane is wearing his old studded gloves that he wore in the 90s, not the fingerless gloves he has worn since the turn of the century - The photo he is burning is of the moment he unmasked

Didn't notice a lot of that. Sounds like the mask is coming back, which makes me very happy.

#161 Posted by DrX25 (1473 posts) -

@TurboMan: The only real problems are the timeslot (Syfy has "marquee" shows Tuesday from 8 to 10) and that it costs more to do a live show that a prerecorded one.

@CL60: That promo screams heel to me.

#162 Posted by Milkman (16477 posts) -

@CL60: Bringing Kane back with the mask seems like the right move simply because the unmasked Kane character has gone as far as it can really go. When's the last time Kane did something at all interesting? At least the mask would give him something new.

#163 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

i would love for Kane to be relevant again seems like he has been in a void for some time now

#164 Posted by spankingaddict (2655 posts) -

I would love it if Smackdown goes live . Back to back wwe night would be awesome , and sometimes back to back to back !! I also really , really want D. Bryan to beat mark . Would love to see a DZ and DB storyline !

#165 Edited by lord_canti (1503 posts) -

before he left he was saying that he felt like he had become too good so a heel turn would be good and the return of the mask would make sense. but unless they come up with a story reason the mask has no point his angle in the past was that he was horribly burnt but know his mask has been removed in kayfab we know hes not (we could probably guess irl terms) also since this point they seem to have dropped the angle of him being the undertakers brother.

-edit- if they did however bring back the brothers of destruction to actually have a dominating tag team again i wouldn't be opposed

#166 Posted by lord_canti (1503 posts) -

sorry for the double post but i thought i should put this up. aparently the reason for the awsome truth broke up was due to R-truth being caught smoking synthetic weed to which i didnt know was a thing but o well he was suspended for 30 days. if people already know this insert a picture of slowpoke here

#167 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -

As per your request.

#168 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -
#169 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -
#170 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -
#171 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
#172 Posted by Milkman (16477 posts) -

Tomorrow's Raw is apparently going to start with a special Piper's Pit, which could not make me more excited.

#173 Posted by TurboMan (7338 posts) -

@Milkman: Crossing my fingers that Piper doesn't suck up like Foley did and lets Cena have it... we need a Cena heel turn badly.

#174 Posted by DrX25 (1473 posts) -

@CL60: Moral of the story, Sin Cara's gold and silver outfit is a curse (He wore it at MitB and Survivor Series and now this t-shirt).

@TurboMan: It's too early for a Cena heel turn (he's still is the golden goose of merchandise), but I could see a heel turn at the Royal Rumble if the Rock is there (he's not filming a movie so I guess it could happen).

#175 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Piper is always good for getting in people face

#176 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Somebody must've cast a curse on Sin Cara when he left Mexico. Seriously, this is what was supposed to come to the WWE.

And it might just have ended with a penis t-shirt and this.

You can actually make out the moment his tendon tears. His knee goes all disturbingly wobbly just before he vaults the rope. Blargh.

#177 Edited by lord_canti (1503 posts) -

with him waring a mask all the time whats the chances that they just said yeaaaa this is mistico honest and in a couple of months we will see a new masked incredibly talented wrestler appearing in mexico that just happens to have the same build

this came up when watching teflonbilly's mistico video not exactly breath taking but dam if its not a good show of agility

#178 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Honestly, I'm not that big of a fan of lucha libre. I think it throws too fast and loose with ring psychology and it's angles doesn't hold my interest across the language barrier as well as puroresu does. The thing is that Mistico was pretty good at conveying a story and using ring psychology on top of his flippy shit. For example, I find Aero Star to be much more spectacular spotwise, but his matches aren't exactly classics.

#179 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -
#180 Posted by DrX25 (1473 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda: I'll believe it when I see it. Honestly, Dirt sheets are not the most trusted source of wrestling facts (Remember when they said that they wanted Austin and Taker for Survivor Series and that the Wrestlemania guest host was Justin Bieber).

#181 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

i can DB being a big a-hole once he wins the title are herny turning face, because the they have to ruin everything

#182 Edited by emergency (1193 posts) -

@slightconfuse said:

i can DB being a big a-hole once he wins the title are herny turning face, because the they have to ruin everything

Is turning DB heel so bad? Atm he's not a particularly awesome face. He's just the underdog. Can't really expect weakling DB to maintain without some cheating or interference against the likes of Henry etc.

#183 Posted by lord_canti (1503 posts) -

can i point out that a Mark Henry face turn Daniel Bryan heel turn sounds as crazy to me as wen Rikishi turned heel this blew my mind when i was 10

#184 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Apparently David Otunga saved Jennifer Hudsons life. He invited her to a WWE event, so she left her house, and while she was there it was when her family was murdered.

#185 Posted by TurboMan (7338 posts) -

well, tonight is the last night for John Morrison it seems, and the first night for Brodus Clay. At least he might be written off on Raw tonight by having Clay break JoMo....

I think the Limo accident at the end of Z! this week is a more appropriate ending:

#186 Posted by Milkman (16477 posts) -

Is any chat going to be open for Raw?

#187 Posted by TurboMan (7338 posts) -
#188 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

*Ref uses disqualify*

*Alberto Del Rio blocks*

*Alberto Del Rio uses Amnesia*

*It's super effective!*

#189 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

never watch Z true stroy but iw as entertained by that

#190 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1882 posts) -

Superstars Spoiler: PRIMO WINS A MATCH HOLY SHIT

#191 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@slightconfuse said:

never watch Z true stroy but iw as entertained by that

You've missed out on some of the best booking in the WWE for almost the last year. And it hasn't even been written by Creative! JUST ZACK BY HIMSELF WITH A FLIPCAM!! And by golly if it hasn't worked and turned a guy who seemed on his way to the chopping block into one of the most over faces on the show. All by his own doing. Hell, at times WWE was actively working against his hard work, because God forbid somebody get over on their own hard work and ingenuity rather than being handpicked by Vince or Triple H. I said this months and months ago that the WWE were missing the boat close to the levels that WCW did with Jericho before he left them by refusing to not having Ryder on TV, let alone giving him the slightest of a push. If you read Jericho's first book, this becomes abundantly clear.

I liked the Piper's Pit segment with Piper goading Cena into actually acknowledging the hate he's getting properly, lest they really get to him and make him not ready for The Rock at WM.

I'm not even talking about turning Cena full heel, just giving him more of an edge and not being able to pursue his lofty goal of "Rising Above Hate (tm)".

At the moment, my dream scenario concerning this would be Dean Ambrose getting called up to Raw with no other intentions but to make Cena snap and cross that line. His unhinged character would be perfect as a foil who doesn't care how much he's getting his asss handed to him, he'll keep coming back just to wear down Cena's resolve a little more. Hell, imagine him going after (planted) Cenation kids in the audience and making them actually boo Cena?

The way Ambrose was still defiant against Regal after getting beat to shit after their match in FCW would be a great way to perform against the Cena who would probably dominate him for the most part. It's just that he's so unhinged that he won't stay down until he's done what he came to do. And with every confrontation, he'll just chip away a little more of Cena's white knight armor. As I said, it'd be an interesting way to not turn Cena full heel, but build an air of suspense about it around him and give him more of an edge than just going "Aw shucks" when the vitriol of the crowds are raining down on him.

#192 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@GorillaMoPena said:

Superstars Spoiler: PRIMO WINS A MATCH HOLY SHIT

Do Hunico, Epico and Primo do that awesome Codebreaker/Lungblower/senton finish of theirs?

http://i43.tinypic.com/qwzsqd.gif (I dunno how to make gifs work in posts here)

#193 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Is Brodus Clay alive? I'm beginning to think WWE is covering up the fact that he is dead or something...

Anyway, RAW was pretty damn good last night. Between Morrison getting destroyed (read: Future Endeavored), Ziggler vs. Orton, and Punk vs. ADR, it was a thoroughly entertaining show from top to bottom. I'm still not sure they're doing enough to build lasting storylines, but I'm cool with just a solid show of great wrestling in its stead.

#194 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

i am rectifying my mistake and watching the back log of z

also my mind was blown as i learned that hunico was the black sin cara

tonight could be really good or really bad for DB. alsoChristmas special in november

#195 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@slightconfuse said:

Christmas special in november

It's Mick Foley. Dude loves Christmas. He celebrates that shit all year round. I highly recommend his first book for a sneak peak into his love for it.

#196 Posted by Milkman (16477 posts) -

If the Chickbusters break up tonight, I'm never watching wrestling again.

(Not really. But please don't do that.)

#197 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

There was something wrong with Albertos voice in that backstage segment when he says "Hey johnny, you wanted to see me.". Did anybody else notice this? It's like he forgot he had an accent.

#198 Posted by DrX25 (1473 posts) -

@Milkman: Kaitlyn's heel turn is pointless and I have a feeling that sooner or later Smackdown will end with AJ being carted out on a stretcher after Mark Henry does something to her (think Hall of Pain and not Sexual Chocolate).

#199 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@DrX25: Considering the size difference between AJ and Mark Henry, I believe Sexual Chocolate would be synonymous with Hall Of Pain :P

And as much as I love the :3 between the chickbusters, Kaitlyn would be a good Diva Of Destruction apprentice, but the DoD seems dangerously thin on material spread between Natty and Beth as it is. I did enjoy their run-in on Raw, I hope they were using the Simon Dean System.

#200 Posted by DrX25 (1473 posts) -

@TeflonBilly: Well, DoD apprentice sounds cool and could really help Kaitlyn's work to learn from Beth and Nat (If the partnership is Evolution style where they ride together) but she will probably become the jobber of the group. Anyway, the Divas division is in limbo until Layla and Kharma return.

Speaking of Sexual Chocolate, Mae Young looks to be about 350 years old (look at the clip they posted of her and Ryder).