• 65 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -
Microsoft has all sorts of Xbox 360 bundles for the holidays, but perhaps none so sweet as the most recently revealed. Like Europe and Canada, the US will indeed see the release of a special (and seasonal) 250GB Xbox 360 S bundle that packs in a downloadable token for Remedy's super atmospheric shooter Alan Wake and super simulation racer Forza Motorsport 3. The price? An agreeable $300.

Unfortunately, there's no firm release date for this bundle. Major Nelson points out, though, that it will see a wide release within the next few weeks. So, keep checking those shelves, brave holiday gifters.

This latest bundle will join the similarly priced 4GB Xbox 360 S/Kinect bundle, which hits shelves this November 4. It will also, presumably, be stacked alongside the 250GB Xbox 360 S Halo: Reach Bundle ($360), as well as the much older (and far less trendier) Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360 Elite bundle ($350).
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -
Microsoft has all sorts of Xbox 360 bundles for the holidays, but perhaps none so sweet as the most recently revealed. Like Europe and Canada, the US will indeed see the release of a special (and seasonal) 250GB Xbox 360 S bundle that packs in a downloadable token for Remedy's super atmospheric shooter Alan Wake and super simulation racer Forza Motorsport 3. The price? An agreeable $300.

Unfortunately, there's no firm release date for this bundle. Major Nelson points out, though, that it will see a wide release within the next few weeks. So, keep checking those shelves, brave holiday gifters.

This latest bundle will join the similarly priced 4GB Xbox 360 S/Kinect bundle, which hits shelves this November 4. It will also, presumably, be stacked alongside the 250GB Xbox 360 S Halo: Reach Bundle ($360), as well as the much older (and far less trendier) Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360 Elite bundle ($350).
#2 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

Cool

#3 Posted by AmmyDog (61 posts) -

Yay!! 

#4 Posted by Xtacles (44 posts) -

I do need a new xbox.

#5 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Hmm, I have an Arcade and Pro and I was thinking about getting a wireless adapter for them.  Maybe I'll just get a new one instead.

#6 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

Great Bundle. 

#7 Posted by skadbob (230 posts) -

Should start seeing it on store shelves in the US by next week. 

Also, is this the first time that a Holiday Bundle included an M-rated game?

#8 Posted by UberExplodey (936 posts) -

Oh wow, that beats the hell out of the Lego Batman & Pure bundle I got with mine. 

#9 Posted by spartan1017 (222 posts) -

that's actually a great bundle. msoft got one right, finally!

#10 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2135 posts) -

Hey look, another release date that Forza is part of. 

Completely unrelated question: Is GT 5 out yet?

#11 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -

Thats a good ass bundle.

#12 Posted by Hansolol (397 posts) -

A bundle with games you actually want to play?  Shocking.

#13 Posted by Colin (707 posts) -
@Manhattan_Project said:
" Hey look, another release date that Forza is part of.  Completely unrelated question: Is GT 5 out yet? "
I see what you did thereeee.
#14 Posted by CharAznable (778 posts) -

Damn, I just got a new one a few weeks ago. Ah well, I can live without these games. I'm still happy with the slim, my old one sounded like a friggin' jet engine and was on its last legs.

#15 Edited by sixghost (1679 posts) -

Isn't it only an Alan Wake DLC token, not the full game? Or is it a code for the full game?

#16 Posted by SuperJew (16 posts) -

It's only a matter of time before my Elite craps out again... This is tempting!

#17 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@sixghost said:
" Isn't it only an Alan Wake DLC token, not the full game? Or is it a code for the full game? "
Its the full game as a download
#18 Posted by Mitch0712 (462 posts) -
@sixghost said:
" Isn't it only an Alan Wake DLC token, not the full game? Or is it a code for the full game? "
says on the picture FULL GAME DOWNLOAD
#19 Posted by WJist (313 posts) -

@Hansolol said:

" A bundle with games you actually want to play?  Shocking. "
THIS. The Alan Wake downloadable token is kinda weird to be packing in - MSoft still trying to pimp games on demand?
#20 Posted by cooljammer00 (1605 posts) -

I'd rather have a disc for Alan Wake, especially since it is supposed to come with that DLC voucher.

#21 Posted by Schlorgan (206 posts) -

Do they still have the Elite bundle that comes with ODST and Forza?  
 I'd honestly rather have that...

#22 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

Sounds like microsoft didn't do well selling those games.

#23 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2135 posts) -
@Schlorgan said:
" Do they still have the Elite bundle that comes with ODST and Forza?   I'd honestly rather have that... "
I haven't seen those in a while, I'm guessing they were replaced by the Xbox slims. 
#24 Posted by ch3burashka (5036 posts) -

Alan Wake Collector's Edition, and all it entails, is 60 bucks on Amazon. 

Just sayin'.

#25 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Great games, great deal.

#26 Posted by oysteinBrenne (284 posts) -
@UncertainOtter: @UncertainOtter said:
" Should start seeing it on store shelves in the US by next week.  Also, is this the first time that a Holiday Bundle included an M-rated game? "
its teen not m
#27 Edited by Ne0teric (10 posts) -
@UncertainOtter said:

" Should start seeing it on store shelves in the US by next week.  Also, is this the first time that a Holiday Bundle included an M-rated game? "

Uh, the picture clearly shows the ratings. Forza is rated E, and Alan Wake is rated T.

@oysteinBrenne:  Dang, beat me to it!
#28 Posted by skadbob (230 posts) -
@oysteinBrenne: @Ne0teric: Ah sorry! Games aren't really rated here, and for some reason I just assumed Alan Wake would be an M-rated game. My bad.
#29 Posted by BenderUnit22 (1477 posts) -

We've had it for a while now in Switzerland for only 300 Swiss bucks. Normally, that would be even a greater steal, but given the weak dollar, I don't know. Anyway, passed on it for now, xmas can surely do better still. I remember even off-season, MS had a bundle with 4 games (2 of which were good, the other 2 were Lego and Madagascar, I believe).

#30 Posted by Tordah (2476 posts) -

Downloadable token? Bleh.

#31 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

I hope Sony does something like this... like maybe both Uncharted games + a 160gb Slim for $300?

#32 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

The wrong game is done as a download card. 

Forza is the long-term game that would be best-served sitting on a hard drive. 

Alan Wake seems like a play-it-and-delete-it sort of game.

#33 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -
@BenderUnit22
We've had it for a while now in Switzerland for only 300 Swiss bucks. Normally, that would be even a greater steal, but given the weak dollar, I don't know. Anyway, passed on it for now, xmas can surely do better still. I remember even off-season, MS had a bundle with 4 games (2 of which were good, the other 2 were Lego and Madagascar, I believe).
Lego games are great!
#34 Posted by TooWalrus (13153 posts) -

I do need a new Xbox, but I already have Forza... and don't really play it. I tried to get into it, but I don't think Sim Racing games are for me- I find them kinda boring.

#35 Posted by Double0hFor (410 posts) -

I SHOULDVE WAITED! :(

#36 Edited by Babylonian (837 posts) -
@UncertainOtter said:

" @oysteinBrenne:  @Ne0teric: Ah sorry! Games aren't really rated here, and for some reason I just assumed Alan Wake would be an M-rated game. My bad. "

Don't feel bad, that's definitely not a crazy assumption to make! I'd already played through two-thirds of the game under the assumption it was M-rated before realizing it was T. It sure as hell doesn't feel like it should have the same ESRB rating as Super Smash Bros, but I think that just speaks to Remedy's ability to effectively craft a spooky atmosphere without being outright violent or gorey.
#37 Posted by nate64 (30 posts) -

They also had a Splinter cell and Call of Duty Xbox. Plus the 4GB isn't the only one getting bundled with Kinect. It'll be bundled with the 250GB on the 4th as well.

#38 Posted by JoshB (169 posts) -
@Double0hFor: My thoughts exactly.... Oh well.
#39 Posted by Truitt (92 posts) -

I will probably be purchasing, and I'll sell off my copy of Forza to a friend or something. Doubt I would spend much time with it.

#40 Posted by Alphazero (1536 posts) -

I loved Alan Wake. The story and some of those set pieces more than made up for the slightly dodgy game play.   

The best bits were:

#41 Posted by subyman (595 posts) -

@ Truitt sell to a friend?  That's not very friendly :)

#42 Posted by BenderUnit22 (1477 posts) -
@yoshimitz707 said:
" @BenderUnit22
Lego games are great! "
I hear Harry Potter and Indy 2 were pretty great again, but before that, the Lego games kinda stalled and playing Indy, Lego Batman and Lego Star Wars, they're pretty much identical and kept in all the crap. Don't get me wrong, they're fine games, just not outstanding or even remarkable.
#43 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

FUCK FUCK I just got a new slim for the same price without the extra games...

#44 Posted by zepp (230 posts) -

People, are going to be killing one another over this on Black Friday, if they do a special sale somewhere...

#45 Posted by xMrSunshine (360 posts) -

Now that's a nice deal.

I say that and yet I'm not going to get it because it would end up gathering dust in the corner because deep down I'm a PC guy.

#46 Posted by dagas (2791 posts) -

I just upgraded my launch 360 to the new 360S. It's so nice to have so much space, HDMI and it's quiet.

#47 Posted by JusticeCat (113 posts) -
@oysteinBrenne: @Ne0teric: @UncertainOtter:  In Australia Alan Wake is rated M, I wonder if we will get this bundle here. *stays tuned*
#48 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Who the hell is this "Major Nelson" fake-Brad seems to worship?

#49 Posted by Glak (613 posts) -

Time to finally get a new xbox!

#50 Posted by KarlHungus (125 posts) -
@UncertainOtter:  Direct your eyes to the lower left corner of the image of Alan Wake you will see a small black "T", a "T" that is commonly associated with the ESRB's Teen rating on their "E-M" rating scale.