#51 Posted by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

@MarkWahlberg said:

@JasonR86 said:

@iGooner7 said:

@JasonR86 said:

It doesn't look that 'mini' to me.

It looks Mini if you will compare it with the previous ones mate

Eh.

This is more or less how the conversation went with my previous girlfriend.

#52 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

@SASnake said:

yay! Yet another Apple product! That like other Apple products, will have a better model 4 months down the line!

apple are unique in this. no other hardware company ever iterates hardware

#53 Posted by Zleunamme (647 posts) -

It serves as an excuse for some people to still be wearing Jnco pants.

#54 Posted by WilliamHenry (1200 posts) -

@dennisthemennis said:

Wait, why did the ipad need to be smaller? I already found tablets to be in a kind of uncomfortable spot between phones and laptops, but this is just silly.

To compete with the Nexus 7 and Kindle. The 7 inch tablet market is exploding and Apple obviously wants a part of it.

I wish they would just announce this thing already so I can decide if I want the iPad mini or Nexus 7.

#55 Posted by mlarrabee (2874 posts) -

Looks fake, but I could be wrong.

Apple has been going crazy lately, so...

#56 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

This is obviously for competing with the Kindle Fire and Nexus 7.

#57 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

Nexus 7 in my opinion will destroy the market. Google really created it with a huge effort

I want to get one. But hey, an Apple product will be an Apple product which means QUALITY!

#58 Posted by thefriend (98 posts) -

But that's just an iPhone.... GENIUS!

#59 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3097 posts) -

@wewantsthering said:

I'm not sure why everyone finds this so strange. It will be about the same price/size as the Kindle Fire HD 8.9". Here's an actual article talking about the pictures.

A bigger Kindle Fire is weird too!

#60 Posted by wewantsthering (1547 posts) -

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@wewantsthering said:

I'm not sure why everyone finds this so strange. It will be about the same price/size as the Kindle Fire HD 8.9". Here's an actual article talking about the pictures.

A bigger Kindle Fire is weird too!

Why exactly? It's a good weight to screen size compromise. The 7" is a little too small and the 10" tablets are a little heavy. I think the 8.9" models are a great idea.

#61 Posted by iAmJohn (6107 posts) -

Really? They fucking waited for Steve Jobs to die to make the 7-inch iPad? How fucking stupid. And kind of tacky.

#62 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4882 posts) -

Well that's pretty fucking pointless.

#63 Posted by WilliamHenry (1200 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

Really? They fucking waited for Steve Jobs to die to make the 7-inch iPad? How fucking stupid. And kind of tacky.

So its stupid to create a product in a market that is exploding? There is a demand for 7 inch tablets, so it makes perfect sense why Apple is releasing one. And how is it tacky? Apple is a business that wants to make money, and the Marketa for 7 inch tablets didn't exist when Steve Jobs made his comments. If he was still in control, I have no doubt Apple would still be releasing an iPad mini. He wouldn't just ignore an entire potential user base.

#64 Posted by ShinyTan (43 posts) -

That casing looks awfully thick and less rounded than the typical apple product.

I don't see why they would want to release an iPad mini, as I think it would heavily impact the sales of the existing iPad, but I am no businessman by any stretch of the imagination.

#65 Posted by PenguinDust (12440 posts) -

What's it got under the hood? It needs to be as functional as the Nexus 7 and priced competitively otherwise why not just go with the Android tablet? Pictures are cute, but they don't tell me anything substantial. I know what a 7" tablet looks like already.

#66 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3097 posts) -

@ShinyTan said:

That casing looks awfully thick and less rounded than the typical apple product.

I don't see why they would want to release an iPad mini, as I think it would heavily impact the sales of the existing iPad, but I am no businessman by any stretch of the imagination.

I do kind of dig the thickness of it though. It looks kind of nice. Maybe it just looks good to me because it's different than all their other products.

#67 Posted by DukesT3 (1888 posts) -

If its real then the 7inch one should be 8gb at 199 to compete and people will eat that shit up!!

#68 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

Today is Apple's Media Event which means we will know if there's an iPad Mini or not

Im expecting to see a new iPhone (obviously), iPad, and iPod

#69 Posted by TooWalrus (13130 posts) -

I guess we'll find out today if it's legit. 

I guess if it's priced the same as a Nexus 7, I could see the appeal. I might be down... let's see.

#70 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2955 posts) -

No Ipad Mini.

#71 Posted by handlas (2637 posts) -

@I_Stay_Puft said:

No Ipad Mini.

I am disappoint.

Was looking forward to that annoucement since we pretty much already knew what the iPhone was gonna look like. I've been ogling the Nexus 7 tablet even tho I have an Ipad 2.

#72 Posted by HairyMike87 (1015 posts) -

I'm okay with my iPhone. If I decide to get a tablet, I may look into the Kindle Fire HD or Nexus 7.

#73 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

first thing that i thought was a ipod or iphone. i guess it's like 3 times that size.

apple is always releasing new things from products that are already released. ipod, ipod mini, ipod touch.

#74 Posted by Taborlin (177 posts) -

Looks about kindle sized...

I guess that's handy, but the iPad isn't exactly hard to carry around O.o

#75 Posted by TheHT (10804 posts) -

It's gonna revolutionize the industry.

/petermoleneuxvoice

#76 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

@wrecks said:

Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave.

This. He always pushed to innovate and move forward, not just shrink down and make it have brighter color.

#77 Edited by Opus (148 posts) -

I'll need proof that the person taking the picture isn't a giant just holding a regular iPad.

Smaller tablets was an immediate trend when previous products failed hard when it came to making a direct competitor to the original iPad. It's a good market, get the people who want tablets, but charge them half the price for enough incentive to not care about the lower specs. Now that we're going to have access to that price range and Apple's app store, the market's about to heat up again, and competition is always good.

Great news for the people considering getting into tablets, it's an amazing luxury item to carry around, but just that, a luxury item, like many things. My tablet is a beloved quick look machine that I take everywhere.

edit: Now, if only Giant Bomb supported tablets so that forum replies don't post as one giant blob to be edited, that would just be the bee's knees. Let's see what that new layout can do.

second edit: I always forget to check the post dates, this was just brought up from yesterday. I guess it would have been odd since they usually show iPad revisions in the first quarter of the new year. Maybe it's real, maybe not, we'll see in a few months.

#78 Posted by Intro (1205 posts) -

Laugh.

People will buy it.

#79 Edited by blacklab (1522 posts) -

It looks like Andre the Giant holding an iPad.