• 153 results
salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By salad10203

Am I the only one that thinks these are suprisingly innocent?  I was expecting some huge cover-ups and great scandals but no, inferiority complexes.  The wikileaks have been more like an exposed diary than top secret confidential files.  

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By J12088
@XII_Sniper said:
" They need to be more responsible about the documents they are leaking, it's getting pretty ridiculous, and it's bad for the US's rep.  "
Well perhaps if they was worried about there rep they shouldn't spy on the UN. Just a suggestion. 

As it goes I'm pretty confident all countries act like this. Spy/have profiles on other leaders.
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By lazyturtle
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Jack268

"History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written, and ours is lost.

Shepherd will be a hero, 'cause all you need to change the world is one good lie and a river of blood.

He's about to complete the biggest trick a liar ever played on history.

His truth will be the truth.

But only if he lives, and we die". 

I came when I realized Price was talking about DHS. 

Not to be a prick, but if USA doesn't want people to know of their filthy deeds, maybe they shouldn't be doing those deeds in the first place. The whole terrorist classification thing is reeking of butthurt.  

Really, trying to classify someone expressing his freedom of speech as a terrorist is so dumb. If they can't keep their secret documents tight enough, they might as well just let people read them. I haven't heard any negativity about the leaks except from americans who think this is gonna flip some serious shit. The problem is, noone really cares, most of this stuff just confirms most people's thoughts about America. 

However, the way Assanger has acquired these documents may be considered pretty illegal, but far from terrorist illegal.
Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Turambar
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @Turambar said:
" And that makes them pretty dangerous. "
Lack of bias makes them dangerous?  "
It's not a lack of bias.  It's a lack of discretion.  Exposing possible criminal activities performed by the military in Iraq: good thing.  Publishing classified document on an analysis of the relationship between China and North Korea at this specific point in time: really fucking brain dead stupid.
joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Where are these documents? I keep finding news videos of people discussing them but I'd rather read them...
Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Turambar
@Jack268 said:
"

"History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written, and ours is lost.

Shepherd will be a hero, 'cause all you need to change the world is one good lie and a river of blood.

I came when I realized Price was talking about DHS.  Not to be a prick, but if USA doesn't want people to know of their filthy deeds, maybe they shouldn't be doing those deeds in the first place. The whole terrorist classification thing is reeking of butthurt.  Really, trying to classify someone expressing his freedom of speech as a terrorist is so dumb. If they can't keep their secret documents tight enough, they might as well just let people read them. I haven't heard any negativity about the leaks except from americans who think this is gonna flip some serious shit. The problem is, noone really cares, most of this stuff just confirms most people's thoughts about America.  However, the way Assanger has acquired these documents may be considered pretty illegal, but far from terrorist illegal. "
Here's the thing.  Much of what was leaked most recently did not comprise at all of "dirty deeds."  States friendly to the US in the Middle East urging them to take more aggressive action against Iran isn't some shameful act so much as communication that should remain classified.  Analysis of whether China would be willing to accept a unified Korean Peninsula under South Korean leadership is not something anyone interested in the stability of that region would want to publish considering what just happened there.  Wikileak is not some is not some high minded group out to expose the crimes of our governments.  There is actually no discretion there at all.
Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By Gerhabio
@Levio: wtf lol
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By melcene

I find it interesting how a couple of the anti-wikileaks people in here have hit the nail on the head without coming to terms with it:  This isn't about national security, it's about diplomatic relations and reputations.  And honestly, if you want to have a good reputation, you shouldn't be a two-faced silver-tongued snake.  This all wouldn't have come about it the world wasn't so busy tip-toeing through the goddamn tulips with each other.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By Gerhabio

Yeah... I get the purpose of Wikileaks on principle but in practice... hm... It's pretty evil. It is okay to disagree with the ways of a certain country's government but once you start endangering its people to voice discontent, that is terrorism.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By pwnasaurus

whats done in the dark will be brought to the light...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@JoeRiccadonna said:

" Where are these documents? I keep finding news videos of people discussing them but I'd rather read them... "

http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/  

Only 220 have been released to the public, all of the others are in the possession of various newspapers across the world. 

I am pro leaks. Most of the stuff in them the governments of the world already new. It's interesting from the perspective of wanting to know more.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By Jimbo

I haven't heard a single story out of it yet which seems like it will have any effect on anything.  Where's the juicy stuff?? 

It's not like any of the content will have come as news to anybody involved - it seems like this information was pretty widely available, which means every intelligence service on the planet already had access to it anyway.  Those involved will just have to smile with extra fakeness at their next diplomatic meeting / photo op.

SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SoylentGreen

I'm not sure about my stance on Wikileaks, but I do know that anyone calling them a terrorist organization is a moron. Closing your eyes and pretending that this stuff doesn't happen is pretty damn ignorant. I'm just happy that Wikileaks got their hands on this stuff, rather than a biased country or an actual terrorist organization.

Also, I'm Canadian. The "inferiority complex" thing is kinda accurate.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By Bones8677
@Red12b: Santa Clause Conquers the Martians.
joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
@zudthespud said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:

" Where are these documents? I keep finding news videos of people discussing them but I'd rather read them... "

http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/   Only 220 have been released to the public, all of the others are in the possession of various newspapers across the world.  I am pro leaks. Most of the stuff in them the governments of the world already new. It's interesting from the perspective of wanting to know more. "

That link won't work for some reason. But, thank you.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By Animasta
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @zudthespud said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:

http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/   Only 220 have been released to the public, all of the others are in the possession of various newspapers across the world.  I am pro leaks. Most of the stuff in them the governments of the world already new. It's interesting from the perspective of wanting to know more. "
That link won't work for some reason. But, thank you. "
refresh, it didn't work for me the first time
MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By MikeinSC
@SeriouslyNow said:
" Have none of you wikileaks naysayers ever heard of Watergate or the Iran Contra scandals? Wake the fuck up please. "
Feel free to list any actual crimes broken in Iran/Contra. You won't be able to do so.

And to those who wish to believe Wikileaks is some nice organization seeking only to reveal malfeasance...they left the NY Times out of the leaks because Julian was mad about a profile in the NYT. So, the arrogant little shit is a hypocrite about what he believes.

Also, anybody who feels that we should use diplomacy more...care to reveal how leaking everything said to us by others will achieve that?
MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MikeinSC
@Jack268 said:
"

I came when I realized Price was talking about DHS.  Not to be a prick, but if USA doesn't want people to know of their filthy deeds, maybe they shouldn't be doing those deeds in the first place. The whole terrorist classification thing is reeking of butthurt.  Really, trying to classify someone expressing his freedom of speech as a terrorist is so dumb. If they can't keep their secret documents tight enough, they might as well just let people read them. I haven't heard any negativity about the leaks except from americans who think this is gonna flip some serious shit. The problem is, noone really cares, most of this stuff just confirms most people's thoughts about America.  However, the way Assanger has acquired these documents may be considered pretty illegal, but far from terrorist illegal. "
I love the belief that, somehow, the only country on Earth with secrets is us.

But, good news --- Assange is going after Russia next.

And they will HAPPILY kill him.

Good riddance.
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

It makes me think that the media is just blowing this waaay out of proportion just because it is some juicy news. In all reality though, I am more than positive that  other country leaders talk shit about the US and everyone else. It seems like a bunch of over privileged white kids fighting over "he said she said" bullshit.

Also who wants to bet Old Billy Boy is sitting back sipping a Martini while Hillary is getting shit on? If I were him I know that's what I would be doing right now.

Of course this could be all serious and maybe World War 3 will start because someone called someone a poopy head.

In the end it's the politicians that are freaking out because their public images are being tarnished.

Fucking politics.

Seriously.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ShaneDev

All this document leak has caused is some embarrassment for the US (which is hilarious to watch) but  no real amazing revelations. I think the more interesting thing would have been to see the other countries opinion of America and how they deal with them and things like the American ego. I do dislike the way America and Israel are now trying to reinforce Iran as the bogeyman by using this info. If they wanted to why dont they just release this info themselves instead or the other info about Iran and crow on that for awhile. Basically I dont like it when governments will try and justify lying to its people or try and tell people they shouldn't know this stuff. I mean everyone does it not just the US but I dislike it in general.

I also dont see why you would get upset at Wikileaks for disclosing this info I mean they didn't steal it and they also didn't just dump it out there for everyone to see. While I do think Julien Assange is slightly big headed with all this stuff he and Wikileaks are totally harmless in the grand scheme of things.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73  Edited By lazyturtle
@brandoncooper17: @OppressiveStink:  

I have to correct what I said yesterday. It wasn't the head of Homeland Security who said that Wikileaks folks should be branded terrorists, it was the incoming chair of the House Committee on Homeland Security...slightly different.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I say give it time before this has some quite bad repercussions for the US.   Eh I give it time before they capture the Wikileaks creator and acquire all of his equipment and servers. Start backing up every one. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ryanwho
@Pinworm45 said:
" Can't wait until Thursday to hear what the US thinks of us in Canada.  Also, to the people buying the bullshit "national security risk" line:  Wikileaks contacted the US Department of Defense and asked them if they'd like to go over the documents they had, and pick any that presented any risk to anyones security and they would not release it.  the US Department of Defense declined, and refused to negotiate.   Total bullshit. Not one person has ever been harmed as a result of any of these leaks. "
Gossip hurts, man. Lotta hurt feelings.
Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" I say give it time before this has some quite bad repercussions for the US.   Eh I give it time before they capture the Wikileaks creator and acquire all of his equipment and servers. Start backing up every one.  "
hasn't the dude sent released an encrypted file on the torrent sites as a insurance policy? 

I dunno how I feel about the leaks, it seems terribly dangerous to release some of this info without making sure no one can be identified in it - that could lead to some serious repercussions....BUT I did read a few pages back that they gave the US gov the opportunity to do that, but they refused to play ball. 

No laws were broken with the publishing I don't believe, but there was a defo breaking of the law with the person that leaked the info. Calling for the head of wikileaks's is pretty fucking horrible. He's keeping us honest - besides, if the US representatives weren't being dicks in the wires, then we wouldn't have this problem.
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#77  Edited By Alexander
@Jimbo said:

" Where's the juicy stuff??   It's not like any of the content will have come as news to anybody involved - it seems like this information was pretty widely available, which means every intelligence service on the planet already had access to it anyway.  Those involved will just have to smile with extra fakeness at their next diplomatic meeting / photo op. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-11863274  

The difference is that the content is freely available to all of us, it's new to us, it got leaked. It's juicy, if you're interested in politics I guess.
Hats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hats

I love the crazying calling wiki leaks a terrorist organisation its a wikisite the content is provided by users and a wiki site takes 30 mins to setup not counting the server setup.
Then the less crazy but just as funny people saying this has damaged US relations so much that people wont talk to us anymore, please the US goverment was doing a bang up job of that on thier own heres a hint for them people dont like it when you start wars open or secret

With bush as the US president for 8 years im sure other counters wires are just as flattering

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By MikeinSC
@Hats said:
" I love the crazying calling wiki leaks a terrorist organisation its a wikisite the content is provided by users and a wiki site takes 30 mins to setup not counting the server setup.Then the less crazy but just as funny people saying this has damaged US relations so much that people wont talk to us anymore, please the US goverment was doing a bang up job of that on thier own heres a hint for them people dont like it when you start wars open or secret  With bush as the US president for 8 years im sure other counters wires are just as flattering "
And given the low-level functional retard we have in their now, I can guarantee they are less flattering. For all of the world's problems, they can mock the incompetent far better than Democratic voters.
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@MikeinSC said:

" @Hats said:

" I love the crazying calling wiki leaks a terrorist organisation its a wikisite the content is provided by users and a wiki site takes 30 mins to setup not counting the server setup.Then the less crazy but just as funny people saying this has damaged US relations so much that people wont talk to us anymore, please the US goverment was doing a bang up job of that on thier own heres a hint for them people dont like it when you start wars open or secret  With bush as the US president for 8 years im sure other counters wires are just as flattering "
And given the low-level functional retard we have in their now, I can guarantee they are less flattering. For all of the world's problems, they can mock the incompetent far better than Democratic voters. "

and bush was any better? State sponsored torture, illegal detainment, fuck illegal wars!!!! 

Fuck Obama, like him or not has done some pretty good things, universal healthcare being one..... 

but I understand that things don't always work out the was some hoped though.
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By beej
@hunkaburningluv:  Might I reccomend stopping right now? You're totally right but MikeinSC will derail threads so fast with his, well, I hesitate to call it hate speech but it's close. Basically the last time I got into it with him he decided that it doesn't matter if Iraqi's die and that he wishes they were all dead. (or something to that effect if I'm wrong I'll retract any incorrect parts) So let's just pretend that he's not here... (especially given the glaring flaws in his arguments)
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Detrian

I seriously cannot wait until they are all released. At this rate it will probably take months though.

hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@beej said:
" @hunkaburningluv:  Might I reccomend stopping right now? You're totally right but MikeinSC will derail threads so fast with his, well, I hesitate to call it hate speech but it's close. Basically the last time I got into it with him he decided that it doesn't matter if Iraqi's die and that he wishes they were all dead. (or something to that effect if I'm wrong I'll retract any incorrect parts) So let's just pretend that he's not here... (especially given the glaring flaws in his arguments) "

fair enough dude, consider the fucking idiot ignored.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#84  Edited By Claude

A whole lot of butthurt. I love it. Bring this world to its knees.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#85  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@ryanwho said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" How do the people at Wiki leaks get there hands on the information they obtain? "
You should think of wikileaks more like a torrent hub. They provide a conduit for leaked info, the leaked info comes from lone wolves and various anonymous sources.  Its not a network of spies who infiltrated various levels of power to add to the site. People become aware of what wikileaks does and provide them with things. More than a couple of moles are in custody. The founder Julian Assange is the proverbial "head of the snake", problem is in a post internet world there is no "head of the snake". You don't put one guy in jail and think wikileaks goes away. That domain might go away, but wikileaks the idea can't be killed as long as people think its a good thing. I personally don't see what it does to help anyone but whatever. "
Well it can keep govt honest in their thoughts & not
shoot off some two-faced shit behind people's backs
of what they really think about other countries.

The weird thing is that they state they don't know where
the Assange guy is located!  For all we know, he's buried
down deep next to Jimmy Hoffa.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@MikeinSC said:
" @Hats said:
And given the low-level functional retard we have in their now, I can guarantee they are less flattering. For all of the world's problems, they can mock the incompetent far better than Democratic voters. "
Yes Mr. highly strung dysfunctional racist fuckhead.
MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MikeinSC
@hunkaburningluv said:
" @MikeinSC said:

" @Hats said:

and bush was any better? State sponsored torture, illegal detainment, fuck illegal wars!!!!  Fuck Obama, like him or not has done some pretty good things, universal healthcare being one.....    but I understand that things don't always work out the was some hoped though. "
In what way is saying Obama is retarded a defense of Bush? Bush was quite terrible. Obama just happens to be worse, which takes some doing. His heathcare plan --- which is widely opposed --- has only done the gift of turning Americans way more Libertarian. It's an abysmal bill and the first thing the GOP should do is withdraw every single waiver Obama tossed out to all of his supporters so they don't have to follow the law.
MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By MikeinSC
@beej said:

" @hunkaburningluv:  Might I reccomend stopping right now? You're totally right but MikeinSC will derail threads so fast with his, well, I hesitate to call it hate speech but it's close. Basically the last time I got into it with him he decided that it doesn't matter if Iraqi's die and that he wishes they were all dead. (or something to that effect if I'm wrong I'll retract any incorrect parts) So let's just pretend that he's not here... (especially given the glaring flaws in his arguments) "

Yawn. You lack the ability to refute an argument, so you simply cry and whine and hope somebody pities you. A weak strategy. It doesn't matter if anybody who isn't American dies to me. I'm American. I don't CARE about anybody else. If the Brits wish to live in a Fascist society, well, that's their decision. I wouldn't go that route...but, hey, not everybody can handle the concept of freedom.

See, beej, for example. Clearly incapable of independent thought.

" Yes Mr. highly strung dysfunctional racist fuckhead. "

In what way is calling our current error-in-chief a low-level functional retard racist? It's simply a statement of fact. He's inept. He doesn't know what he's doing and that is becoming more and more apparent to anybody paying attention for the last 2 years.

But, hey, crying "Racist" at all criticism of Obama has worked wonders for you thus far. Keep it up. I bet it will work eventually...
benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By benjaebe

I don't understand why some people seem to think the United States is the only country that does stuff like this - every country does it, the US just happened to get caught. Yeah it might strain some relations, but nothing bad is really going to happen from it (or from whatever has been leaked so far) because everyone knew it was happening anyway.

Also, the best thing to come out of this leak was the 75-year-old guy who escaped Iran on horseback:
  http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-28/us/wikileaks.iran.escape_1_cable-zagros-mountains-passport?_s=PM:US

hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@MikeinSC said:
" @beej said:

Yawn. You lack the ability to refute an argument, so you simply cry and whine and hope somebody pities you. A weak strategy. It doesn't matter if anybody who isn't American dies to me. I'm American. I don't CARE about anybody else. If the Brits wish to live in a Fascist society, well, that's their decision. I wouldn't go that route...but, hey, not everybody can handle the concept of freedom.  See, beej, for example. Clearly incapable of independent thought.  " Yes Mr. highly strung dysfunctional racist fuckhead. "  In what way is calling our current error-in-chief a low-level functional retard racist? It's simply a statement of fact. He's inept. He doesn't know what he's doing and that is becoming more and more apparent to anybody paying attention for the last 2 years.  But, hey, crying "Racist" at all criticism of Obama has worked wonders for you thus far. Keep it up. I bet it will work eventually... "
 nah mate, you just a fucking idiot and if you ignore an idiot, he'll eventually take the hint and fuck off
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@MikeinSC:  No Mike, saying that the Middle East should die because they hold nothing of worth is racist.  You actually said that.  People can look it up if you haven't ninja edited it away already.  You're full of bombast and right wing crazy sentiment.  You do nothing to further your ideas with logic but rather only with rabid, senseless vitriol.  You are a racist and a pretty nasty person to boot.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#92  Edited By Geno

Is it just me, or is Wikileaks doing the job that mainstream news organizations should be doing :/ ? I heard recently that someone condemned it as a "terrorist organization". Really? For reporting and revealing the truth about important geopolitical issues rather than Justin Bieber's new haircut? 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Geno:  No, it's not just you.  We're heading down a slippery slope of Orwellian design.  It bothers the hell out of me how stupid and ignorant a lot of people actually seem to be these days.
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @MikeinSC:  No Mike, saying that the Middle East should die because they hold nothing of worth is racist.  You actually said that.  People can look it up if you haven't ninja edited it away already.  You're full of bombast and right wing crazy sentiment.  You do nothing to further your ideas with logic but rather only with rabid, senseless vitriol.  You are a racist and a pretty nasty person to boot. "

This sums up my views on MikeSC perfectly. He's a fucking ill-informed idiot
MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MikeinSC
@hunkaburningluv said:
" @MikeinSC said:
" @beej said:

Yawn. You lack the ability to refute an argument, so you simply cry and whine and hope somebody pities you. A weak strategy. It doesn't matter if anybody who isn't American dies to me. I'm American. I don't CARE about anybody else. If the Brits wish to live in a Fascist society, well, that's their decision. I wouldn't go that route...but, hey, not everybody can handle the concept of freedom.  See, beej, for example. Clearly incapable of independent thought.  " Yes Mr. highly strung dysfunctional racist fuckhead. "  In what way is calling our current error-in-chief a low-level functional retard racist? It's simply a statement of fact. He's inept. He doesn't know what he's doing and that is becoming more and more apparent to anybody paying attention for the last 2 years.  But, hey, crying "Racist" at all criticism of Obama has worked wonders for you thus far. Keep it up. I bet it will work eventually... "
 nah mate, you just a fucking idiot and if you ignore an idiot, he'll eventually take the hint and fuck off "
Well, you haven't done so as of yet.

Just sayin'.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#96  Edited By Geno
@SeriouslyNow: It also seems to me that people are flinging around the word "terrorist" like the word "communist" in the McCarthy era. It's like an insta-scare tactic used to keep the masses in formation. Disgusting.  

Oh yeah, not to mention Julian Assange is "coincidentally" being charged for various criminal offenses recently. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't been "mysteriously killed in a car crash" yet. I really feel sorry for that guy but I also have deep admiration for his balls of steel. 
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@Geno said:
" @SeriouslyNow: It also seems to me that people are flinging around the word "terrorist" like the word "communist" in the McCarthy era. It's like an insta-scare tactic used to keep the masses in formation. Disgusting.   Oh yeah, not to mention Julian Assange is "coincidentally" being charged for various criminal offenses recently. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't been "mysteriously killed in a car crash" yet. I really feel sorry for that guy but I also have deep admiration for his balls of steel.  "

he's too public a figure to have an 'accident' at this point in time. He's due his day in court and if he's innocent he will be proved so. 

This kind of stuff is keeping our officials honest.
MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By MikeinSC
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @MikeinSC:  No Mike, saying that the Middle East should die because they hold nothing of worth is racist.  You actually said that.  People can look it up if you haven't ninja edited it away already.  You're full of bombast and right wing crazy sentiment.  You do nothing to further your ideas with logic but rather only with rabid, senseless vitriol.  You are a racist and a pretty nasty person to boot. "
Feel free to list their value.

Misogyny? Check. Lots of that.
Tyrannical regimes? Check.
Hitler levels of anti-Semitism? Check.
Slaughtering homosexuals for being gay? Check.
A non-existent scientific community? Check.
A non-existent literary community? Check. 
Total religious intolerance? Check.
Abuse of children? Check.

So, please, what part of this is the one you feel is so vital to humanity? I want us to get off oil entirely so we can happily ignore that horrific place. No good comes out of the Middle East. No good has come out of there for centuries now.
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@benjaebe said:
" I don't understand why some people seem to think the United States is the only country that does stuff like this - every country does it, the US just happened to get caught. Yeah it might strain some relations, but nothing bad is really going to happen from it (or from whatever has been leaked so far) because everyone knew it was happening anyway.

Also, the best thing to come out of this leak was the 75-year-old guy who escaped Iran on horseback:
  http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-28/us/wikileaks.iran.escape_1_cable-zagros-mountains-passport?_s=PM:US "

very much true - and I don't doubt there will be more countries involved in the future. Does it help international relations? Not really, but it does force our diplomats to be well.... more diplomatic in communications....
MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MikeinSC
@hunkaburningluv said:
" @benjaebe said:
" I don't understand why some people seem to think the United States is the only country that does stuff like this - every country does it, the US just happened to get caught. Yeah it might strain some relations, but nothing bad is really going to happen from it (or from whatever has been leaked so far) because everyone knew it was happening anyway.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-28/us/wikileaks.iran.escape_1_cable-zagros-mountains-passport?_s=PM:US "
 very much true - and I don't doubt there will be more countries involved in the future. Does it help international relations? Not really, but it does force our diplomats to be well.... more diplomatic in communications.... "
Also insures that nobody will talk because secret communication cannot be secretive any longer.

I bet that will go a long way in helping things. Really. 

I don't know if this belief is naivete or simple insanity.