Learning Spanish...

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RetroIce4

What is a good program to learn Spanish easily? (inb4 Rosetta Stone because that didn't help at all and is only vocabulary.) /b/tards from 4chan won't help either...

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By GamespotNoMore

taking college or high school classes helped me, I made it my major...and living in Mexico for 6 months helped a lot too....Que Dios te bendiga..nos vemos

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf

Rosetta Stone works for many people.

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By destro

Live in Mexico for 6 months. You'll naturally catch on eventually.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Rosetta Stone is the best program I have seen for learning a new language. It really works.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo

Why would you want to learn Spanish? It sounds so dirty. Learn Italian or Japanese. Noice.

As for learning programs, I doubt they're worth it, but maybe try the "My Spanish Coach" for the DS. I haven't read if it works or not, though. Or take a class at a community college. Rosetta Stone is another option you dismissed but I have not tried that either.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bullet_Jr
Vinchenzo said:
"Why would you want to learn Spanish? It sounds so dirty. Learn Italian or Japanese. Noice.
Spanish is the 4th widest spoken language on the planet.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vinchenzo
Bullet_Jr said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Why would you want to learn Spanish? It sounds so dirty. Learn Italian or Japanese. Noice.
"
No shit, I can't walk anywhere near the edge of my city without running into them. I realize it's a very highly used language. But that doesn't mean you have to learn it.
vill4no

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vill4no

My parents are from Puerto Rico, I learned spanish early and it stuck, however my brother married a white girl and she became fluent in spanish in about a couple years after the moved down the street from them. If you know anyone who is fluent have them talk to you exclusively in spanish in addition to Rosetta Stone (which I hear works). Aprender otro idioma te puede dar muchas vantajas en tu carerra en el futuro, my trabajo me envia al Caribe y Sur America para configurar equipo de Cisco.

DXSSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DXSSI

It's interesting you should mention this; I've been meaning to research it myself and hadn't remembered to do so until I saw your post.  Anyways, I came across http://www.spanishdict.com/, which offers free interactive lessons.  You need a microphone for full integration, although you can get by without one.  I don't know how well it will work, but I figure for free it's worth a shot.  I've gone through the first lesson, which isn't terrible but they spring a typing exercise on you at the end, and grade your answers incorrect if you forget the accent marks.  That would be reasonable if they had bothered to teach any of the rules regarding accent marks, but they don't so at this point it's all rote memory.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By End_Boss
Vinchenzo said:
"Bullet_Jr said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"
No shit, I can't walk anywhere near the edge of my city without running into them. I realize it's a very highly used language. But that doesn't mean you have to learn it."
But it's an excellent reason that you should.
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bullet_Jr
End_Boss said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Bullet_Jr said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"
No shit, I can't walk anywhere near the edge of my city without running into them. I realize it's a very highly used language. But that doesn't mean you have to learn it."
But it's an excellent reason that you should."
Right, I've made an effort to learn Spanish, Italian, French and Japanese. You never know when a second language will come in handy. It's also great to put on a resume.
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GamespotNoMore

cool ,  I know Spanish and English and French and a little Portuguese, Spanish was easiest for me to learn in my opinion, French and Portuguese are as hard to learn as people who need to learn english...I think it's easier for english speakers to learn spanish and spanish speakers to learn english

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK

Live in spain

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bullet_Jr
GamespotNoMore said:
"cool ,  I know Spanish and English and French and a little Portuguese, Spanish was easiest for me to learn in my opinion, French and Portuguese are as hard to learn as people who need to learn english...I think it's easier for english speakers to learn spanish and spanish speakers to learn english"
I agree. Spanish is by far the easiest language to learn IMO.

Japanese is also very easy because of the language structure. Unfortunately you don't have latin roots for familiarity.
Giuseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Giuseppe
Bullet_Jr said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"
So? If you learn Italian, than you can understand what Spanish people are saying. I know cause my family is Italian and they all told me when they heard people speak spanish, they knew what they were saying and they had conversations with them.
Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Will1Lucky

If there was any language in the world I would want to learn it would be Swedish.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
Vinchenzo said:

As for learning programs, I doubt they're worth it, but maybe try the "My Spanish Coach" for the DS. I haven't read if it works or not, though. Or take a class at a community college. Rosetta Stone is another option you dismissed but I have not tried that either."
please explain how spanish(one of the most spoken languages in the world and my native language) is dirty?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, spanish doesn't sound dirty, dude. Anyway, I'm taking spanish 6 in college this semester. I'm trying to really nail it this time. I mean, I've gotten A's in 4 of the 5 previous classes, and a B in the other, but still I can't speak it so comfortably. Mostly because of a major lack of practice with speaking it. Also, when I'm not in school, I'm not seeing spanish so regularly, so I forget a lot of it and get pretty rusty. However, this year, I'm definitely going to make an effort to master my spanish speaking skills and maybe win the hearts of some hispanic girls.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vinchenzo
DuhQbnSiLo said:
please explain how spanish(one of the most spoken languages in the world and my native language) is dirty?
TheGreatGuero said:
"Yeah, spanish doesn't sound dirty, dude.
It just sounds dirty. That's not bad or anything, but it sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. It's just an opinion.
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
Vinchenzo said:
"DuhQbnSiLo said:
TheGreatGuero said:
It just sounds dirty. That's not bad or anything, but it sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. It's just an opinion."
you just just don't like spanish, spanish isn't dirty just ask women, they love it spanish > english
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vinchenzo
DuhQbnSiLo said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"DuhQbnSiLo said:
TheGreatGuero said:
It just sounds dirty. That's not bad or anything, but it sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. It's just an opinion."
you just just don't like spanish, spanish isn't dirty just ask women, they love it spanish > english"
Personal preference.
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GamespotNoMore

believe me man, ladies love it if you can speak another language, I know French (which ladies love) and Spanish (which ladies also love)...they'll think you're really smart and your good looks points will double or triple just when you speak it

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
GamespotNoMore said:
"cool ,  I know Spanish and English and French and a little Portuguese, Spanish was easiest for me to learn in my opinion, French and Portuguese are as hard to learn as people who need to learn english...I think it's easier for english speakers to learn spanish and spanish speakers to learn english"
Not sure about french but portuguese is pretty much spanish with more of a "gr"
I'd argue that gallego is more related to portuguese than castellano
TheOldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheOldOrder

Maybe talking more to Mexican and Spanish people would help you

Yo hablar espanol pollito en foto

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GamespotNoMore

portuguese for me has been a mix of spanish and french which I already knew both when I started learning it

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By auspiciousqueue

Learning from a native speaker, that or an intense class with real people. 

Spanish is a good language to learn. I tried French, but I tired of it.

Another language is attractive, but I agree that it is a personal preference.  There is just something about Russian from a native speaker....
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GamespotNoMore

I learned French but I don't live in Belgium or France or Switz or near Quebec so I didn't see any French speakers or know any...Spanish is much more useful where I am which is USA

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Wolverine

I got a spanish DS game that is pretty good.