Learnings

yodasears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By yodasears

So I am trying to learn more about sites I'm a member of, services I use, et al. Ostensibly for efficiency but in practice more about learning cool toys and tricks to be flashy with. As a result of this and the Steam Sale, I've learnt about steamgifts and giantbombgifts. On one hand, awesome. I wanna be good enough community member to get in there! OTOH, as I'm finding with the Steam Sale, just by being as interested in gaming as I/we are, I tend to already have significant investments and own those games I want. Chicken and Egg problem much?

yodasears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By yodasears

So I am trying to learn more about sites I'm a member of, services I use, et al. Ostensibly for efficiency but in practice more about learning cool toys and tricks to be flashy with. As a result of this and the Steam Sale, I've learnt about steamgifts and giantbombgifts. On one hand, awesome. I wanna be good enough community member to get in there! OTOH, as I'm finding with the Steam Sale, just by being as interested in gaming as I/we are, I tend to already have significant investments and own those games I want. Chicken and Egg problem much?

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

I had to read your paragraph 3 times to understand what you were trying to say. It's just a bit of bad grammar. Anyways there's not one game you want during the steam sale. Not one?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

There is neither rhyme, nor reason in your post...it is madness!

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NegativeCero

No idea what you said in this post.

yodasears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By yodasears

D: I was trying to say that gift groups in Steam seem to pose a problem in that to be invited to be in one means that you're spending enough on games that you may not be able to actually get any games you don't already own. (Though I don't know either way, as I'm not in said groups) Wasn't trying to be cryptic, honest.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BraveToaster

@yodasears said:

D: I was trying to say that gift groups in Steam seem to pose a problem in that to be invited to be in one means that you're spending enough on games that you may not be able to actually get any games you don't already own. (Though I don't know either way, as I'm not in said groups) Wasn't trying to be cryptic, honest.

Wha... huh?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

Someone needs to work on their English.

I know you're not trying to be cryptic but you might as well be speaking Greek.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jay444111

@SexyToad said:

I had to read your paragraph 3 times to understand what you were trying to say. It's just a bit of bad grammar. Anyways there's not one game you want during the steam sale. Not one?

Dude... I am a proof reader and I am not touching that paragraph with a 50 foot pole! Seriously, I cannot make heads or tales of it!

mrburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mrburger

Hey guys. Dick police, here. You're being dicks.

@believer258 said:

That's being a dick.

Yodasears, buddy, what these guys (who hopefully right about now are feeling like dicks) mean to say is this: "Chicken and Egg," while in itself a sort of conundrum (about antecedence), is not a synonym for "conundrum." So it's confusing when you look at your Steam conundrum and say, "Chicken and Egg" when your conundrum doesn't actually broach antecedence. You get me? You get me. I don't mean you ill.

And also, dicks, if I can have your attention back for one second: Quit haranguing people who fuck up at English. I'm a writer and it pains me to see people who might otherwise love writing being told they're doing a shit job. I will vigilante justice your ass if I catch you guys keeping doing this. Vigilante as in sheepishly and obediently complain to a mod. And also send you a firmly worded PM. And then I'll go cry alone in my bathroom. The life I live is big and full of might.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By TruthTellah

@yodasears: I'm somewhat with the others in having a difficult understanding what you're saying, but I think I have a decent guess. So, I'll just go off that.

I can share your pain about the fact that you are interested in something to want it but your interest usually means you already have it. So, in the case of giantbombgifts, your interest in games that would draw you toward such a group has probably already led to you buying those games you might have won or saved money on. I've been excited about the Summer Steam Sale, but it has certainly made me realize that I already have most of what has been on sale.

Anyway, welcome to posting on the forums! Good luck on your attempts to learn more about and better understand the sites you visit.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

@mrburger said:

@believer258 said:

That's being a dick.

Jay, buddy, what these guys (who hopefully right about now are feeling like dicks) mean to say is this: "Chicken and Egg," while in itself a sort of conundrum (about antecedence), is not a synonym for "conundrum." So it's confusing when you look at your Steam conundrum and say, "Chicken and Egg" when your conundrum doesn't actually broach antecedence. You get me? You get me. I don't mean you ill.

And also, dicks, if I can have your attention back for one second: Quit haranguing people who fuck up at English. I'm a writer and it pains me to see people who might otherwise love writing being told they're doing a shit job. Look at Jay. Kid's been writing up a storm lately. And it's not half-bad, either, if you read it. You assholes would probably hate it, but I think it's good. He's got potential. Fuck you guys.

Feeling freshly stroked, thank you very much.

mrburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mrburger

Look into my beedy unblinking eyes and know you're welcome.

EDIT: Also, shoot. You got me quoted saying something I revised.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Sambambo

@mrburger said:

@believer258 said:

That's being a dick.

Yodasears, buddy, what these guys (who hopefully right about now are feeling like dicks) mean to say is this: "Chicken and Egg," while in itself a sort of conundrum (about antecedence), is not a synonym for "conundrum." So it's confusing when you look at your Steam conundrum and say, "Chicken and Egg" when your conundrum doesn't actually broach antecedence. You get me? You get me. I don't mean you ill.

And also, dicks, if I can have your attention back for one second: Quit haranguing people who fuck up at English. I'm a writer and it pains me to see people who might otherwise love writing being told they're doing a shit job. I will vigilante justice your ass if I catch you guys keeping doing this. Vigilante as in sheepishly and obediently complain to a mod. And also send you a firmly worded PM. And then I'll go cry alone in my bathroom. The life I live is big and full of might.

I read all the posts in this thread, and you are the only one who seems to be a dick...