Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jasonr86 said:

@counterclockwork87:

The dude can raise 6 million with a camera trained on him for 75 minutes. To say the intentions for the show were purely charitable is pretty off dude.

I mean, it was shot AT the Boys and Girls Club, so I think the charity portion was a very big part of it for him...would you rather him had never made "the decision" and no one got any money. Sorry, I'd rather the kids get the money through the advertisers than it never happening. LeBron could go out there and dance in his underwear for 2 hours straight and if it was generating money for kids I'd be all for it. Telethons do it all the time, and the decision was basically an impromtu telethon. That's just how I feel.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

And Bosh just got a max deal for $118M with Miami. So there we go.

Now, I'm waiting on Wade and ultimately Melo.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@counterclockwork87:

I would prefer that when we all give to charities we give unconditionally.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@gaspower said:

I think Miami can recover from this and can still become a decent team in the East, it is after all the East. I don't think they'll go after Melo as it could possibly deplete their flexibility in 2016 when a bunch of stars such as Durant are free agents. I do think that if they are going to go after someone they should be looking at Luol Deng. Deng can be a very good SF when healthy.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@gaspower said:

I think Miami can recover from this and can still become a decent team in the East, it is after all the East. I don't think they'll go after Melo as it could possibly deplete their flexibility in 2016 when a bunch of stars such as Durant are free agents. I do think that if they are going to go after someone they should be looking at Luol Deng. Deng can be a very good SF when healthy.

A lot of teams are looking to take Lu (I'm a Bulls fan). I'll be happy if he landed with a good team.

xx_kells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By xx_kells

@i_stay_puft: Bosh and Wade are two good cornerstones to remain in the playoff hunt in the east. Don't think there will be any more ring ceremonies... I mean if they didn't offer Bosh the max he was out of there as well and what would they be with just Wade?

Still, even with those two it'll be like Toronto 2.0 with Wade having to sit out 30+ games next year. His knees aren't going to get better.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I think is funny is that there are Cleveland folks who considered him a deity, then burned all their Lebron stuff when he left, but will now consider him a deity again. That said, I'd like to see him bring them a championship, though I don't see it happening, because....Cleveland.

Cleveland native here...it's hard to explain just what James coming back means to the region. A huge surge to the economy for one, a tremendous shot to the Cavs for another. But James's return also brings something more intangible. Not to self-promote, but I wrote about this phenomenon in a Cleveland-centric sports blog some friends and I run for shiz and giggles. Check it out, if it please you, m'lord.

This whole week has been crazy around here..I have two friends who were suffering anxiety over Decision 2.0 to the point where it was impacting their daily lives. I was checking Twitter more than was healthy. Hearing the official announcement around noon today on sports radio from a guy who was nearly crying was surreal. The whole city has been given a Vitamin B shot and it's wonderful.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Hunkulese

@stryker1121: That's kind of sad. It's just basketball. I've never been to Cleveland. Is there really nothing else going on?

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryker1121: That's kind of sad. It's just basketball. I've never been to Cleveland. Is there really nothing else going on?

Perhaps i'm not explaining myself..point is it's not just about basketball, but a native son coming home and showing just how much the city has going for it. It's an affirmation if anything. Cleveland has great things happening and James returning highlights that. Come to Cleveland duder, you may just be surprised. I'm rambling but I'm also a bit drunk, so please forgive me.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@magris said:

After quitting game 5 of the finals with 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter, I can never respect Lebron to the same level as Kobe and Jordan. My only concern regarding his move to cleveland is how this wold potentially affect Love coming to my warriors. Though I doubt Flip Saunders really thinks that waiters, thompson and bennett is a better deal than Barnes, Lee and a number one.

Waiters, Thompson and Bennett are all under the age of 24 with high potential. The Warriors trade brings you Barnes who might have the potential to be a decent shooter, Lee (31 year old former all-star pf w/ a history of injury problems over the past few years in Golden State) and a number 1 which would probably be in the 20's depending on where Warriors finish. Flip knows if they were to trade Love they aren't winning in the difficult Western Conference even with Lee. You can kinda see where I'm going here with this, also reports are out that possibly Wiggins might be on the block.

The Warriors for whatever reason do not want to part with Klay Thompson (who is a very good player in his own right). It sounds like Golden State is just shooting themselves in the foot really badly with this one.

It sounds like the Cavs are trying hard as hell to avoid trading Wiggins due to his elite upside and potential as a cornerstone defender. Love is certainly a top 10 player now, but I question how willing Gilbert is to give up Wiggins. If he can part with Waiters (who hasn't worked out well with Kyrie) and Bennett (who moved really well today in the summer league game but sucked copious amounts of ass last year) and a few first I think that would be better for Cleveland but I doubt Minny takes that deal.

Magris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jiggajoe14: Klay is the cornerstone of our team. Without him, Steph will be abused defensively and we will have no spacing offensively. I like Love, but Love never won anything. Couldn't carry a pretty good team to the playoffs and he missed a lot of games in the past (so did Steph, so here's hoping Love's injuries are behind him). It would make me ecstatic to get Love WITH Klay and Steph. Getting rid of Klay changes what this team is. Imagine a high screen pick and roll with Steph and Love, and Klay running curls. Absolutely unstoppable.

And even with this roster, I still think the Warriors are a really good team. We were up with two minutes left in game 7 against the Clippers WITHOUT Andrew Bogut. Not to mention we were SEVERELY under coached offensively by Mark Jackson. With a team with so many talented shooters and passers, why are we running isolation plays with Jermaine O'Neal and Iguodala. I am really hoping Steve Kerr can install a proper offensive scheme and maximize the potential of our back court.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magris: The west in general is just straight murder. I do think they upgraded at coach but the west is so insanely ridiculous anything can happen or the Spurs will just crush everyone again.

LeBron made the right choice if he was looking for the better team, seeing the decaying corpse of Wade and the Heat's struggles to keep a full bench. The new Cavs struggle to decide whether or not to trade Wiggins for the immediate impact of Kevin Love is a fascinating question.

As a Celtics fan this is all still turning out bad for me and I'm not sure how the Celtics get better now

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

All these big time players moving around to teams buying their status, and Blazers just be building their franchise players from the start... but that's none of my business.

So let me get this straight, this is LeBron's second time abandoning a franchise? Got it.

dkessler175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another Cleveland native here wanting to justify why we are crazy dedicated sports fans. I'll try to avoid cliches like blue collar hard working town and all that but unless you are from here or somewhere similar it will be near impossible to understand. Born in 88 I have missed out on some of the heart break in the 80's with the browns but I remember my mom crying telling me this is the last browns game I would get to watch just when I was reaching an age where football began to appeal to me. I remember thinking it was unfair that I didn't have a team of my own to cheer for but then was swiftly distracted by the glory days of the Indians (in which we still didn't win) but it wasn't about those teams winning a championship it's about the players seeing what the meant to us and then us meaning that much back to them. In the past couple years key players have come back to Jacob's Field (yeah not progressive to me) and everytime they do that game is sold out and everybody stands and cries throughout the entire ceremony but it's not about the sport it's the relationship we develop with those players. Similar to this website few of us have even seen the GB crew in person much less sat down and had a conversation with them but the level of mutual appreciation and love between us and them is like a family. In a small market like Cleveland we either get lucky in the draft or sign a player who wants to be here, and when city and state income taxes blow that can be a hard thing to convince someone who doesn't desire to be here to come. So then we hit the jackpot all the stars align and we get to pick first in the draft that has the next nba superstar oh and he grew up in our backyard he's one of us and he'll never leave. Hindsight that's really selfish of us as fans but when you have something like that you never let it go because year after year we watched our young players get better and go make huge amounts of money somewhere else because we couldn't afford to keep them. So when he left it was like watching a family member turn his back on us. We didn't ask why because we were too shocked and the way he did it seemed like he was being spiteful. It blindsided us. Reading his essay today made me tear up not because winning a championship makes me life complete, but just to know he wants to mend the relationship with us that we never get that opportunity to do. It is him giving back to us 100% of what we gave to him in support those first 7 years. There are plenty of wonderful things going on in Cleveland but to have him back is not just a person or a game, it's going to help Cleveland as a city. I am beyond proud of where I am from and I am so glad to see that someone who is the best at what they do today is also proud to be from here too.

I apologize for going on. I guess if you don't like sports fine, but please don't chalk this up to this is dumb it's just a sport...in this case it's not.