• 92 results
#51 Edited by chrissedoff (2158 posts) -

@clonedzero said:

It's probably just additional funding guys. I doubt GB is going down or anything...

Here's hoping you are right!

There's no way he's right! WE ARE FUCKED!!!

#52 Posted by SgtSphynx (1537 posts) -

@theveej said:

@audiobusting said:

Gamespot versus Giant Bomb Professional Wrestling Championship with CBS money as the prize in a few months?

The only person at Gamespot that could even put up a fight is Kevin Vanord. Drew, Vinny and Jeff would just clean up, Brad would obviously be their conniving evil manager. Alex and Patrick could job to the Gamespot crew to make it interesting.

WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER OF PROFESSIONAL GAME JOURNALISM BROTHER

And Danny O'Dwyer could betray Gamespot at a crucial moment.

#53 Posted by joshwent (2327 posts) -

Both Gamspot/Giant Bomb are absorbed into Gamefaqs.

All quick looks are now text files.

Can't wait to see Vinny's ASCII art!

#54 Edited by TheHT (11676 posts) -

@korwin said:

I heard that Jeff totally hit Chris Waters with a bat during that meeting.

Ever since then Chris walks with a limp, only adding fuel to the decades long Gerstmann/Waters family feud.

#55 Posted by KoolAid (1005 posts) -

I don't know. Its hard for me to believe they are hurting for viewers after how successful the extra life stream was (seemed?)

I mean, other sites don't even come close to Giant Bomb. Everyone else seems so goddamn fake. If there is an audience to be had in core gamers, I would think GB has it.

#56 Posted by golguin (4009 posts) -

Can I get another vague tweet to panic? I need one more.

#57 Edited by Animasta (14718 posts) -

@theht said:

@korwin said:

I heard that Jeff totally hit Chris Waters with a bat during that meeting.

Ever since then Chris walks with a limp, only adding fuel to the decades long Gerstmann/Waters family feud.

It was actually Waters who hired all those gamefaq users to respond so negatively to Gerstmann's 8.8.

#58 Posted by InfamousBIG (3219 posts) -

Yeah, doesn't that just mean its a new financial year and there are budget meetings?

#59 Edited by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

@jimbo said:

Srsly, how fucking perfect would it be if it ended up being called GameBomb?

Sold both companies and had the staff move to Russia. There's your budget.

#60 Edited by jkz (4050 posts) -

C'moooooooonnnnnnnn

#61 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2430 posts) -

@sin4profit said:

As someone who despised Gamespot during the fall i've been watching their live stream coverage of the new consoles with Danny O'Dwyer and it's actually pretty good.

Danny is like the Barney Fife of Gamespot. He's so entertaining that he makes the whole thing better just by being involved, but when he's not, it kind of goes to shit.

#62 Posted by Levio (1785 posts) -

I hope Giantbomb gets sold and Jeff ends up working for Hatsune Miku.

#63 Posted by Nightriff (5247 posts) -

Who gets more or less money, that is all, stop panicking

#64 Posted by TowerSixteen (544 posts) -

@levio said:

Not, like, the company who makes Vocaloids or anything. Hatsune Miku is literally his boss.

#65 Edited by Melos (239 posts) -

CBS is selling Giant Bomb to Jamie and Adam of Mythbusters.

#66 Posted by indieslaw (377 posts) -

@crembaw said:

Panic over vague tweets is my native state.

Word.

#67 Posted by Jay_Ray (1118 posts) -

@melos said:

CBS is selling Giant Bomb to Jamie and Adam of Mythbusters.

Jamie and Adam's Giant Bomb, I can see that happening actually...

#68 Edited by Sammo21 (3437 posts) -

You guys understand Brad would be too busy playing DOTA or sleeping to be involved in any of this...right?

#69 Edited by TruthTellah (9426 posts) -

Come on, guys. This is silly.

We should be freaking out about -this- quote from Jeff's Tumblr!

Anonymous asked: Is it true that the Xbox One has a built in machine gun that automatically shoots everybody in the room when it detects happiness?

Yes. It displays games right up until that moment, then it flips to a laughing Steve Ballmer skull who says “this skull is rendered in 720p” and then it begins emitting gas and bullets.

Jump in!

#70 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

@levio said:

oh my

#71 Posted by subyman (654 posts) -

It's all about the people, not the site. As long as the crew stays together, I'm totally cool.

#72 Posted by MachoFantastico (4862 posts) -

If Gamespot were to lose Danny O'Dwyer and the UK side of things the site would be dead to me, only entertaining content they produce.

I wouldn't worry though, this sort of stuff happens a lot.

#73 Edited by OrwellHuxZam (131 posts) -

GOTY budget meeting?

#74 Posted by Nictel (2430 posts) -

oh I bet Vinny made like charts and stuff. Jeff will wear a suit. It will be all profffesssional like.

#75 Posted by MC_Hify (347 posts) -

I hope they still have powblock.com for their next site.

#76 Posted by ripelivejam (4609 posts) -

#77 Posted by VoshiNova (1734 posts) -

Gold. Solid Gold. Invest now or else.

When Giantbomb.com is gone, where do you go? HUH?

GOLD! That's who!

#78 Edited by theveej (850 posts) -

@theveej said:

@audiobusting said:

Gamespot versus Giant Bomb Professional Wrestling Championship with CBS money as the prize in a few months?

The only person at Gamespot that could even put up a fight is Kevin Vanord. Drew, Vinny and Jeff would just clean up, Brad would obviously be their conniving evil manager. Alex and Patrick could job to the Gamespot crew to make it interesting.

WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER OF PROFESSIONAL GAME JOURNALISM BROTHER

And Danny O'Dwyer could betray Gamespot at a crucial moment.

That is pretty much a given, he would totally glass someone at gamespot on his way out.

I'm imagining something like this, including the slip and failed glass hit.

#79 Edited by Claude (16254 posts) -

Giant Bomb was never a great name for a video game site. Think about it. It's so niche. They're almost home. Why not bring them all the way into the new and improved Gamespot. Brought to you by, CBSi.

#80 Posted by TurboMan (7690 posts) -

#81 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2477 posts) -
@nodima said:

Well, during Jeff's Mixlr this evening he said that Vinny has a new green screen budgeted for either Q1 or Q2, so let's see what other nuggets we can find that suggest you all are quite insane!

Can't they just, I don't know, build their own? Don't you just need a big green drape, basically?

#82 Posted by Nodima (1277 posts) -

@nodima said:

Well, during Jeff's Mixlr this evening he said that Vinny has a new green screen budgeted for either Q1 or Q2, so let's see what other nuggets we can find that suggest you all are quite insane!

Can't they just, I don't know, build their own? Don't you just need a big green drape, basically?

You're asking me? The guy that has time to listen to another guy ramble to himself about video games and pop music while he drives home?

#83 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Don't be silly, obviously Jeff™ and Danny O'Dwyer™ are just fighting over who will be guest staring in the new episode of The Big Bang Theory™! New episodes airing every Thursday night, brought to you by CBS™ Bazinga™!

#84 Edited by EXTomar (4921 posts) -

Or is it a Giantbomb/Gamespot merger!?

#85 Posted by Zaccheus (1800 posts) -

DON'T PANIC, I read that from a cover of a book. Good advice.

#86 Posted by JasonLeeson (201 posts) -

Jeff will be making his case for $370,000 to fund the return of I Love Mondays.

#87 Posted by RazielCuts (2982 posts) -

@nodima said:

'Green screen budgeted for either Q1 or Q2' - I really hope Jeff said this in a joking tone as that is some straight up 'professional' PR speak right there.

#88 Posted by JustKamToo (715 posts) -

Oddly enough Brad will be the last person to leave.

#89 Posted by Humanity (9857 posts) -

I'm hoping Jeff is going to wear a leotard.

#90 Posted by konig_kei (662 posts) -

It means in a couple months Jeff is going to pitch to cbs why giant bomb need more money for the raid and that it can just come from gamespot funding.

#91 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

#92 Edited by DriveupLife (918 posts) -

Kids, let's sit down and talk about how businesses work.

Businesses run by fiscal year or the normal year. At the end of the year, a business takes a look at how it did and creates new goals for the next year. They also create budgets for each unit inside the business. Jeff is the leader of the Giant Bomb business unit and will be a major player in determining their budget. That's all there is to it so don't freak out.

#93 Posted by TheHBK (5554 posts) -

@barrock said:

Anonymous asked:

If Gamespot and Giant Bomb had to wrestle for CBS money, who would win the title?

I should know the answer to that one in a few months…

In a few months, it is the end of the fiscal year and the time when budgets are set up. There, no reason to panic. He is probably gonna try to get funding for the Raid.