Let's talk basketball!

Magris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@csl316: The Clippers have become out rivals these past few years with the demise of the Lakers, so it's natural as a Warriors fan to dislike them. Also a lot of the Warriors-Clippers games involve a lot of trash talking and dirty play.

Also, that was quite possibly the greatest comeback I've ever seen in any sport. The basketball gods spat in the face of that off the ball foul! My Warriors are the team of destiny! :DDDDDD

But hats off to New Orleans. If they're healthy, I have no doubt they can get home court next year. They just need to fire Monty.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

All I know is, the sequence at the end of that 4th quarter was outstanding.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Me as a Raptors fan this entire series.

No Caption Provided

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#704  Edited By EsDeib

I am a big Mavs fan.

I am not too happy.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@haz said:

Me as a Raptors fan this entire series.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

No Caption Provided

Someone hug me please

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jiggajoe14: Well you guys did have a often injured but still alright Danny Granger and Paul George on that team. It's hard to figure out where Kwahi would've fit when the Pacers still had needs at point guard.

razzdrazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#708  Edited By razzdrazz

@magris said:

Also, that was quite possibly the greatest comeback I've ever seen in any sport. The basketball gods spat in the face of that off the ball foul! My Warriors are the team of destiny! :DDDDDD

But hats off to New Orleans. If they're healthy, I have no doubt they can get home court next year. They just need to fire Monty.

Hell yes! The last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter was completely unbelievable, especially the last shot(s) from Curry. Monty deserves to get fired after that poor example of coaching. Why they didn't foul is beyond me. And to hear him come back after the game and state that they players 'didn't execute the game plan' is a slap in the face of the NOLA players and fans.

I agree that the Pels, though, can and should be a Western Conference contender if they can manage to reorganize coaching staff and keep Davis, Gordon, Pondexter, etc. With Brooks being fired, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Monty get the boot so they can keep Davis and the fans happy.

EDIT: Also, what a horrid performance by the Clippers last night. I mean... damn. They looked like a completely different team. I'm not sure if that was a display of the Spur's dominance and bench prowess or the lack-thereof from the Clipps. Kawhi was absolutely amazing to watch. I hope we can contain him in the inevitable matchup in the WCF.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#709  Edited By csl316

Underdogs just refusing to lose tonight.

Lets go, Pelicans! Remind the Warriors about a playoff loss so they have the urgency to avoid the feeling in later rounds!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin Love out for the Cavs with an injury? From the highlights it looks like he was grasping his shooting elbows

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin Love out for the Cavs with an injury? From the highlights it looks like he was grasping his shooting elbows

He got wrapped up with Olynyk and pulled his shoulder back. I almost did the same thing a couple days ago and I'm kind of glad I let go.

Perkins with a cheap shot, Smith with a cheap shot... For such a powerhouse, I'm surprised they're getting this dirty.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow kinda surprised many Celts fans showed up down 3-0 to the Cavs. I'm just going to take a guess and the Red Sox are playing games outside of Boston this weekend.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about you guys, but the Wizards sweeping the Raptors is a ridiculous upset to me. I'm not surprised that they won, but the fact that they were so dominant was completely unexpected.

So is the next round vs. the Hawks (probably) going to be competitive? Or was this one-sided series just a matter of match ups?

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mavs are getting salty as fuck right now. Dwight is going to work.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

I don't know about you guys, but the Wizards sweeping the Raptors is a ridiculous upset to me. I'm not surprised that they won, but the fact that they were so dominant was completely unexpected.

So is the next round vs. the Hawks (probably) going to be competitive? Or was this one-sided series just a matter of match ups?

Don't worry in four years Andrew Wiggins will find his way home... or Anthony Bennett...

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#716  Edited By GaspoweR

@csl316 said:

Here's the weird thing, I'm actually not that surprised. The Wizards pretty much looked like the same ones that eliminated the Bulls last year + Paul Pierce. They were slumping their way into the Playoffs and then all of a sudden, they win the first game on the road and then proceeded to beat the team that was favored in the match up just like last year. The Wizards are dangerous when motivated but I expect them to lose again against a really good team like the Hawks. They actually match up really well for the Hawks size and talent-wise but for whatever reason, the Wizards would find a way to disappoint after a strong showing.

A few points:

• Spurs and Clips is the ONLY game that is really worth watching.
  • Paul Pierce might be the only guy who is ever going to score in the next series...and the Wizards are going to lose again because of it.
  • Kelly Olynyk will now be known for that one time he ripped out Kevin Love's shoulder (or rather he kept holding on to his arm and Kevin Love pulled it out of the socket while trying to escape)
  • Mavs should have removed Rondo sooner...seriously. He was pretty much the wrench that was clogging up the machine. He clearly couldn't care any less that he was in the Playoffs.
csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower said:

@csl316 said:

Here's the weird thing, I'm actually not that surprised. The Wizards pretty much looked like the same ones that eliminated the Bulls last year + Paul Pierce. They were slumping their way into the Playoffs and then all of a sudden, they win the first game on the road and then proceeded to beat the team that was favored in the match up. The Wizards are dangerous when motivated but I expect them to lose again against a really good team like the Hawks. They actually match up really well for the Hawks size and talent-wise but for whatever reason, the Wizards would find a way to disappoint after a strong showing.

I underestimated them last year, too. Bulls had a bunch of momentum into the playoffs but got their asses kicked (which I attributed to just fatigue at the time). This year, it may have been deceiving with Beal missing time and Gortat slumping a bit.

People were rooting for my Bulls to play Washington to avoid the Cavs in the second round, but I wanted none of that after last year. I expected competition but this sort of domination caught me off guard, which makes me even happier we drew the Bucks.

The Hawks aren't looking unstoppable now, so the next round should be a good one. Granted, Atlanta should get to the conference finals no matter who comes their way. Only now it looks like they might get there a little beat up.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718  Edited By GaspoweR

@csl316: As a fellow Bulls fan, I just hope that they can just get this over with the Bucks and have this be the year where they finally, finally get past LeBron. Granted, no one has ever passed LeBron in the East but here's hoping it actually happens.

On an unrelated note, BLACKHAWKS VS WILD III. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOY that's going to be real messy.

Update: 2006 Stoudemire came out to play tonight...along with his bad free throw shooting.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: I can watch Hawks vs. Wild every year, to be honest with you.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets go Nets!!!!!!!!!!!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower said:

@csl316 said:

Here's the weird thing, I'm actually not that surprised. The Wizards pretty much looked like the same ones that eliminated the Bulls last year + Paul Pierce. They were slumping their way into the Playoffs and then all of a sudden, they win the first game on the road and then proceeded to beat the team that was favored in the match up just like last year. The Wizards are dangerous when motivated but I expect them to lose again against a really good team like the Hawks. They actually match up really well for the Hawks size and talent-wise but for whatever reason, the Wizards would find a way to disappoint after a strong showing.

A few points:

• Spurs and Clips is the ONLY game that is really worth watching.
  • Paul Pierce might be the only guy who is ever going to score in the next series...and the Wizards are going to lose again because of it.
  • Kelly Olynyk will now be known for that one time he ripped out Kevin Love's shoulder (or rather he kept holding on to his arm and Kevin Love pulled it out of the socket while trying to escape)
  • Mavs should have removed Rondo sooner...seriously. He was pretty much the wrench that was clogging up the machine. He clearly couldn't care any less that he was in the Playoffs.

I'd also like to point out Kevin Love is the same person who broke his hand doing knuckle push-ups. Ain't Olynyk fault Love is made of glass.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@i_stay_puft: Brandon Roy will forever have the best "heyyeyy," yells in history. So loud and clear.. Every time haha

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

I don't know who these people are and what they did with my Wizards team, but I hope they stick around instead of disappearing like last year. I'm already steeling myself for the Capitals Game 7 Choke and I don't want to get my hopes up too high for this other team that's playing in the phone booth.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@dochaus said:

I don't know who these people are and what they did with my Wizards team, but I hope they stick around instead of disappearing like last year. I'm already steeling myself for the Capitals Game 7 Choke and I don't want to get my hopes up too high for this other team that's playing in the phone booth.

You've learned The Truth.

Wow kinda surprised many Celts fans showed up down 3-0 to the Cavs. I'm just going to take a guess and the Red Sox are playing games outside of Boston this weekend.

The Celtics fans are great, especially for the Playoffs. They will chant a losing team off the floor just to show appreciation. They had done it before and did it again this year.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That bucks game was great. Kidd gonna do more than fine.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the Bulls deliver another wet fart on Thursday, I'm gonna dig into this bottle of tequila my buddy brought over.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to think having 4 of the Wizards starting 5 in the front row helped the Caps break their Game 7 curse. The universe is just trying extra-hard to spite me now.

No Caption Provided

Also, kinda surprised we don't have a hockey thread with the NHL playoffs happening.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus: I'm surprised we don't just make this a general sports thread.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#731  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Over at Deadspin, staff writer Greg Howard lays waste to the so called "Black Grantland" site known as The Undefeated Jason Whitlock is EIC of. It's a very behind the scenes look errr... cat fight that's currently happening between the EIC Whitlock and what it seems like the majority of the staff. Simply put it looks like a shitfest, where Whitlock looks like a man way over his head and has an inflated ego of himself.

My favorite part so far is that in Whitlock so called playbook one of his goals is to push a story about how Lebron is a global athlete who has past Jordan and is now reaching global phenomenons in tenth with Muhammed Ali. The crazy part about it is that he even states that he's fairly close to Lebron's inner personal business associates.

http://deadspin.com/here-is-the-insane-playbook-for-jason-whitlocks-black-1700506507#_ga=1.20644920.1265280910.1419280898

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMFAO as the Clippers halftime show seems like something Steve Ballmer would pick thinking they're still pretty hip.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hip or not, I'm sure Ballmer was fucking stoked about it.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Yea I was surprised to see Redfoo out there - he's been over here in Aus being a fucking idiot on The Voice or X-Factor or some crap reality show - this exposed him to copping a lot of flak for his terrible music

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/redfoo-takes-to-radio-in-a-14minute-rant-on-his-controversial-song-bloggers-and-crazy-women/story-e6frfn09-1227122932481

Side note tho: hopefully Bulls close out the Bucks, though nice to see the Bucks be competetive. Love being out saddens me as a Basketball fan, but gladdens me as a Bulls fan

Side side note: Fucken Spurs. They just keep playing well - don't seem to be any less solid than prior years. I was glad to see Patty Mills playing like a boss 1st Quarter, even though I'd have preferred Clips to win

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bulls/Bucks

I can't comprehend what is happening right now.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Bulls/Bucks

I can't comprehend what is happening right now.

O_O;;; what channel is it on?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: CSN or TNT.

They've been up by 10 since like 5 minutes in. I think 46 was the biggest lead, Giannis got ejected, this is all nuts.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

@i_stay_puft: CSN or TNT.

They've been up by 10 since like 5 minutes in. I think 46 was the biggest lead, Giannis got ejected, this is all nuts.

OH crap but the NFL draft is happening...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#740  Edited By csl316

@i_stay_puft: Yeah, I thought of going downtown but this game was a must win!

Which turned into a 120-66 win. Hot, DAMN.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

@i_stay_puft: Yeah, I thought of going downtown but this game was a must win!

Which turned into a 120-66 win. Hot, DAMN.

Why was Giannis ejected did he pull a Dwayne Wade and kick someone in the groin?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#742  Edited By csl316

@i_stay_puft: Ran from half court after Dunleavy shot and just shoulder charged him. Like a full speed charge in Tekken.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

@i_stay_puft: Ran from half court after Dunleavy shot and just shoulder charged him. Like a full speed charge in Tekken.

Ah, so he pulled a Laimbeer.

cwal37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#745  Edited By csl316

To be fair, Dunleavy was getting under their skin the whole game. But like Ernie talked about, it's about being mentally tough. I'm just glad the Bulls went back to playing their game after that. Best way to piss off someone that wants to rattle you back is to just ignore them.

And let's just ignore Jimmy blocking shots during a time out.

dynamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#746  Edited By dynamix

As a Clippers fan, I fear this series with the Spurs will be the end of me. Team fought hard to get a Game 7 on homecourt, but then you look back at Games 2 & 5 and imagine what it would be like to go through that for the third time, only this time with everything on the line.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I want the Clips to beat the Spurs so bad, but I doubt they will have the composure to beat them in a game 7. The Spurs are just such a boring team to watch and have had their time in the sun, while the Clips are exciting and seem to have a lot of players that will be a big part of the league for years to come.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

And let's just ignore Jimmy blocking shots during a time out.

I haven't seen the likes of that before - pretty funny all round. I personally hate people just sauntering onto the court and shooting at breaks (at any level of basketball), just because I'm a bit of a boring spoil sport - that's pretty amusing

TangyGeoduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Paul left to the locker room late in the first quarter. So far no word on his injury but he was holding his leg.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#750  Edited By Captain_Insano

He's back out there now - hamstring strain - hopefully doesn't impact him too significantly