Let There Be Blood!!

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Manachild
This is a very small review of Let there be blood by Exodus.

Let there be blood is a re-recording of Exodus's 1985 thrash classic "bonded by blood". At the time of recording only 2 of the original members of exodus are in the band: Tom Hunting and Gary Holt.
The members of the current line up do well enough to re-perform these songs and they sound alot heavier than they did 23 years ago.
But at the end of the day it just sounds like a well recorded re-recording, the original fire from the original recording just isnt as present here. The album does however benifit from modern production values and from the apt guitar skills of Lee Altus (Heathen, Angel Witch). Rob Dukes, the bands vocalist since "shovel headed kill machine" is behind the mic once again. Although he is my least favourite Exodus vocalist i thought his performance on this album to be quite good and fitting.
Overall i thought the album was pretty good, but at this point in time there are much better metal albums out that i would rather listen to these days. The original bonded by blood is excellent and didnt really need a re-recording in my oppinion. But this is a great starting point in exodus for people who have never heard thier earlier material before.
3.5/5
caption
caption

Stand Out Tracks:
Bonded By Blood
A Lesson in Violence
Piranha
Strike of the Beast
Deliver us to Evil

Strike of the Beast:

Bonded By Blood:

Thanks to the random dude on youtube who had these up i guess....
Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Manachild
This is a very small review of Let there be blood by Exodus.

Let there be blood is a re-recording of Exodus's 1985 thrash classic "bonded by blood". At the time of recording only 2 of the original members of exodus are in the band: Tom Hunting and Gary Holt.
The members of the current line up do well enough to re-perform these songs and they sound alot heavier than they did 23 years ago.
But at the end of the day it just sounds like a well recorded re-recording, the original fire from the original recording just isnt as present here. The album does however benifit from modern production values and from the apt guitar skills of Lee Altus (Heathen, Angel Witch). Rob Dukes, the bands vocalist since "shovel headed kill machine" is behind the mic once again. Although he is my least favourite Exodus vocalist i thought his performance on this album to be quite good and fitting.
Overall i thought the album was pretty good, but at this point in time there are much better metal albums out that i would rather listen to these days. The original bonded by blood is excellent and didnt really need a re-recording in my oppinion. But this is a great starting point in exodus for people who have never heard thier earlier material before.
3.5/5
caption
caption

Stand Out Tracks:
Bonded By Blood
A Lesson in Violence
Piranha
Strike of the Beast
Deliver us to Evil

Strike of the Beast:

Bonded By Blood:

Thanks to the random dude on youtube who had these up i guess....
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

Good song. I'll have to look into this band's other stuff sometime.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Gunner

pretty good. Ill have to check them out sometime.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

I listened to it but I just can't get it. It does nothing for me whatsoever. :(

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Manachild

@brukaoru, if your interested i recomend checking out the album "fabulous disaster"