#601 Posted by UnrealDP (1217 posts) -

I don't really know if I'll be much of a help with the awesome artists you'v ealready got, but hell, I'll give it a whack if you guys need an extra hand.

#602 Posted by development (1587 posts) -

Don't want anybody not seeing this, so posting here, too:

...We still having the coding hangout today, in 3 hours? Seems like we're all working through mechanics and Trello's keeping us on task. Don't see much reason for a hangout, honestly.

Also posted here if you'd like to reply on the alt forums.

#603 Posted by DrFlapjack (231 posts) -

@development said:

Don't want anybody not seeing this, so posting here, too:

...We still having the coding hangout today, in 3 hours? Seems like we're all working through mechanics and Trello's keeping us on task. Don't see much reason for a hangout, honestly.

Also posted here if you'd like to reply on the alt forums.

Same deal for the design meeting.

#604 Posted by afrofools (1291 posts) -

Somebody wants to do a writing meeting tomorrow. I have set a countdown for it, but I suspect that it hasn't been organised.

I am glad that TRELLO and our forums are replacing the need for weekly meetings.

Welcome to the crew @UnrealDP.

#605 Posted by UnrealDP (1217 posts) -

@afrofools: Hey, glad to be here, man!

#606 Posted by Vivek (510 posts) -

Hi, Im a Final Year Computer Science Student, who also studied 2 1/2 Years of 3D Animation and Games Design. I have worked in the gaming and banking industry over the last 8 years whilst studying.

I believe that I would be be a good middle man between different groups, keeping people organised and linking people up to resolve issues. My role in industry was between business and IT resolving problems from the business using the IT teams at my disposal.

I have created an account on the Giant Bomb the Game forum, with the same username (Vivek).

#607 Posted by afrofools (1291 posts) -

@Vivek: Well you sound like you will be an asset to the team. Welcome :) Use the sign up form if you haven't already done so, to get access to the drive and locked links.

#608 Posted by development (1587 posts) -

Are you attending the writing hangout today? If you are, then do you want to take up the MC role? You actually did a fine job in the very first meeting, whether it was intentional or not. I can still attend in the IRC and take notes, though.

#609 Posted by Vivek (510 posts) -

@development: Is the Hangout going ahead?

#610 Posted by development (1587 posts) -

@Vivek: Uh. Looks like it was cancelled. I think. I'm not a team lead, though, so I really wouldn't be the one to know.

#611 Posted by afrofools (1291 posts) -

Graphics team, we are deciding on the art style. If you head over to the project forums you can complete a short survey.

#612 Edited by afrofools (1291 posts) -

Very good news team. I have discovered how to sync google drive files to your computers. Go to "drive.google.com" and click on "Shared With Me", drag the folder "Community Game Project" to "My Drive". If you have the google drive client installed it will soon start syncing to your computer. SOURCE

If your internet plan is not very generous, then you may not want to do this, as our folder is quite large already.

#613 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

So what's going on? I haven't heard any information about what's happening.

#614 Posted by afrofools (1291 posts) -

@SexyToad: We're making it still. It's just taking longer now as people have other things to take care of in their lives. We've been working on user interface designs, and pretty much just waiting for to lead the art team. The coding team has taken care of world movement, and will code some more stuff when the art assets come in.

#615 Posted by shaftwaxer (24 posts) -

Glad to know things are still happening. Things had gotten awfully quiet, and I was concerned we were moving towards vapourware :(

#616 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

So this is dead right? I'm thinking to start this project up again. I'm just making sure that this project did just die away.

#617 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Hello (hello . . hello)

Is anybody out there?

#618 Posted by DrFlapjack (231 posts) -

@SexyToad: @Winternet: Hello! I'd love to keep working on this. The holidays kind of killed it, but perhaps we can get it started again?

#619 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -
@DrFlapjack

@SexyToad: @Winternet: Hello! I'd love to keep working on this. The holidays kind of killed it, but perhaps we can get it started again?

I'm planning to start a new thread so we can start anew. Expect it in a hour or so!
#620 Posted by TruthTellah (7641 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

@DrFlapjack

I'm planning to start a new thread so we can start anew. Expect it in a hour or so!

Good stuff! SexyToad taking charge! Girding his loins! Manning up! Gettin the ol jalopy back on track!

#621 Posted by DrFlapjack (231 posts) -

@SexyToad: Are you planning on starting a whole new game? I figured we could see if anyone wants to pick up where we left off previously.

#622 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -
@DrFlapjack I was thinking of taking off where we left off, but I couldn't get in contact with Afrofools, and might be better to start off with a clean sheet. Also http://m.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/lets-make-a-game-2013/576181/
#623 Posted by felakuti4life (135 posts) -

Afrofools resigned, I believe. I'm still down though, let's do another design meeting soon

#624 Edited by armaan8014 (5253 posts) -

is this thing still on? :) Just stumbled upon the thread and its sad seeing a good idea like this not happening