#51 Posted by IzzyGraze (854 posts) -

I really like RPGs so I would vote for that but I think a fighting game would be pretty easy to make. Here's my pitch:

The GB fighting game:

Plot:

Jeff and Ryan argue about something stupid which polarises the office. Maybe some sort of bet which Jeff loses but refuses to drink the gin(or a better story). Other staff members begin to take sides and this splits the office into Good guys and Bad guys. This should be presented as an animated cut-scene before the actual game.

Roster:

Each character is based off of a staff member or honorary staff member. Their fighting guy personas are themed off of the staff member's video game tastes. Then there are unlockables for some of the honorary staff members.

Bad guys:

Jeff: Shooter guy?

Patrick: Horror games guy

Brad: Death only makes him stronger. Maybe berzerker or necromancer type.

Alex: Bad games

Drew: Red baron themed or Top gun themed.

Good guys:

Ryan: Point and click guy.

Vinny: RPG guy. His special is 'bag of holding' and he throws all his loot on you that he has been hoarding.

Alexis: no idea

Matthew rorie: Special attack: Puppies!

Dave: PC gamer. Hits with a keyboard and whips a mouse.

Rogue character:

Cool baby: Cool baby ain't on nobody's team.

Unlockables:

Brad Muir

Pope

John Drake: The man with infinite energy

That's one idea. It could also just be a random tournament for 'Best in Press' and there are no teams. They just compete bloodsport style for the title.

Also we forgot one game that could be made...Lincoln Force!

#52 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

I can do Logos or signs for buildings. I don't know Photoshop too well, but I know the Hell out of Illustrator.

#53 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -
#54 Posted by Thompson820 (409 posts) -

@IzzyGraze said:

I really like RPGs so I would vote for that but I think a fighting game would be pretty easy to make. Here's my pitch:

The GB fighting game:

Plot:

Jeff and Ryan argue about something stupid which polarises the office. Maybe some sort of bet which Jeff loses but refuses to drink the gin(or a better story). Other staff members begin to take sides and this splits the office into Good guys and Bad guys. This should be presented as an animated cut-scene before the actual game.

Roster:

Each character is based off of a staff member or honorary staff member. Their fighting guy personas are themed off of the staff member's video game tastes. Then there are unlockables for some of the honorary staff members.

Bad guys:

Jeff: Shooter guy?

Patrick: Horror games guy

Brad: Death only makes him stronger. Maybe berzerker or necromancer type.

Alex: Bad games

Drew: Red baron themed or Top gun themed.

Good guys:

Ryan: Point and click guy.

Vinny: RPG guy. His special is 'bag of holding' and he throws all his loot on you that he has been hoarding.

Alexis: no idea

Matthew rorie: Special attack: Puppies!

Dave: PC gamer. Hits with a keyboard and whips a mouse.

Rogue character:

Cool baby: Cool baby ain't on nobody's team.

Unlockables:

Brad Muir

Pope

John Drake: The man with infinite energy

That's one idea. It could also just be a random tournament for 'Best in Press' and there are no teams. They just compete bloodsport style for the title.

Also we forgot one game that could be made...Lincoln Force!

Dave Lang should be an unlockable character who can take you to The Lang Zone.

#55 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

@IzzyGraze: Nice idea. I'm thinking of a top-down (birds eye) view world exploration, and then when you approach an enemy (or they ambush you), it switches to a side-on fighting game (street fighter perspective). I'm thinking, if we do have fighting game, that instead of giving each character their own health, we have a single life bar. The bar starts with a value of 50 out of 100. When it reaches 0 the guy on the left is defeated, & when it reaches the right the guy on the right is defeated. So you it's essentially a metaphoric tug-of-war, and if you are almost dead but you suddenly start kicking ass you can pull the rope in your favor.

#56 Edited by afrofools (1335 posts) -

@mscupcakes: Great work. The first track is somehow motivating :)

@Dagbiker: Welcome to the team.

#57 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

@afrofools: Thanks! I actually wrote it for a video game over here but at the last minute it fell through so I've been sitting on it ever since!

#58 Posted by IzzyGraze (854 posts) -

@afrofools said:

@IzzyGraze: Nice idea. I'm thinking of a top-down (birds eye) view world exploration, and then when you approach an enemy (or they ambush you), it switches to a side-on fighting game (street fighter perspective). I'm thinking, if we do have fighting game, that instead of giving each character their own health, we have a single life bar. The bar starts with a value of 50 out of 100. When it reaches 0 the guy on the left is defeated, & when it reaches the right the guy on the right is defeated. So you it's essentially a metaphoric tug-of-war, and if you are almost dead but you suddenly start kicking ass you can pull the rope in your favor.

Ok, that's a bit more complicated to make but it could be cool. If it's a world exploration game then maybe there should be some sort of progression? It could get boring to play as the same character for a whole game, if you don't get any new moves or upgrades. I would scrap my plot too. But I do like the idea of evil versions of the GB crew.

@Thompson820 said:

Dave Lang should be an unlockable character who can take you to The Lang Zone.

Yeah, the Lang Zone could be Dave Lang's special where he warps you to a new level for a few seconds. When you're in the Lang Zone, anyone other than Dave Lang will take extra damage. Or it could just be a hug that deals deals damage and maybe heals Dave Lang.

#59 Posted by Dixego (389 posts) -

Sign me up for any dialogue you might need. It could require reviewing though, as my english doesn't come out very natural, but I can certainly communicate my ideas and I have some wit for writing.

#60 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

I'm swamped with my own projects and NaNoWriMo prep but perhaps I'll come up with a silly story or some ideas. Love the idea overall.

#61 Posted by Chaser324 (6745 posts) -

@afrofools said:

My fear with the "tug-of-war" style combat is that it would cause most matches to end in a timeout.

Not too sure about putting an overworld in a fighting game either...would the random battles be against generic enemies and boss fights be against named fighters? It seems like you'd inevitably run into the issue of the same fight repeating over and over again in that case.

Personally, I'm not too attached to the concept of a fighting game either. Thinking pragmatically, it requires a lot of unique art asset generation for each character and implementing different movesets for each character can require a lot of time as well. I'm thinking that for our first project, we should do something with a slightly more limited scope...

Two ideas that I had, possibly a Lost Vikings style puzzle-platformer starring the Bombcast crew, or maybe a mascot-style kart racer. Those types of games could have more limited and simpler set of mechanics to implement, and both open up the opportunity for us to create some sort of level editor to allow more of the community to get involved.

#62 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2537 posts) -

I'm mostly a 2D animator. I work in Flash, Illustrator, and also Photoshop sometimes.

I can also write or come up with ideas... although, I'd prefer to adapt other people's ideas into a script of some kind.

I think a mini RPG starring the GB crew could be kind of funny, especially after seeing stuff like Penny Arcade Episode 3.

#63 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

The more writers the merrier, welcome to the team. It might seem like a problem having too many people doing one thing, but we need all the people we can get.

Yes I understand your concerns, which are valid. So far the space jousting game is winning by a big lead, and will probably end up being the game we make. Jousting would be pretty easy to make, even with gravity. I don't know how the time machine would work, but I think there is a way to implement it with simple code (it's just working out the implementation that's the hard part). Perhaps we can start with the space Jousting game, finish and release it, then update it with a level editor, then re-use the code to make a sequel with some of the other ideas. Once the survey finishes, I'll ask the coders what's reasonably possible, and the artists what's reasonably possible, and then we can make a survey on those things (will only wait for fifteen votes on that survey). Then it will be full production time.

#64 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

@Vigorousjammer: Welcome aboard. We can make some badass animations for the game :)

#65 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2537 posts) -

@afrofools said:

@Vigorousjammer: Welcome aboard. We can make some badass animations for the game :)

When you're ready, Just lemme know what I should make :)

#66 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

What's the survey like? What do the people want?

#67 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

@SexyToad: Space jousting is now in a clear lead. I'm going to deactivate this survey sometime soon (hopefully in the next six hours).

#68 Posted by IzzyGraze (854 posts) -

So we're remaking the game Joust? Or a game with Jousting?

#69 Posted by Chaser324 (6745 posts) -

@IzzyGraze: I think the idea is that it has jousting in some capacity, not necessary a clone of Joust.

#70 Edited by DoctorWelch (2765 posts) -

HEY FUCKERS! What's going on in here?

So I got your ( @afrofools ) message and I wouldn't mind helping. I'm usually really busy, so idk what all I can do.

I will say, after reading the first page or two, that there needs to be more organization if we are going to pull this off at all. I've seen this thread a couple times before, and it eventually just dies out, but I feel like this one has gotten the most attention/participation so far, which is a huge start.

So, now that people are paying attention, there needs to be something to guide the project(s). The form is a great way to start, but other posters are right when they say there is just going to be too much chaos if everyone is allowed to pull ideas out of their ass. Not that pulling an idea out of your ass is inherently wrong, but eventually there will be so many ideas that are ass in both quality and origin, that this whole thing will end up becoming a steaming pile of shit. (Did I take that analogy too far?)

Anyway, at the moment all ideas should be welcome, but at some point we have to focus down our efforts if we hope to accomplish anything. I say we start to narrow down our options. So, we need to strive for one of these genres/types, and then move on with the specifics from there:

1. RPG: If we do this I feel that a top down Pokemon style game, or an isometric perspective would fit best. I have a feeling something like this would be pretty hard to do, or at least do well. Simply because the mechanics and gameplay have to be fun before you can throw in any GB crazyness.

2. Fighting Game: I think this kind of game would be a really good fit. Simply because I feel like the the key would be making it as insane as possible. I find fighting games to be generally pretty boring, so I think wild ideas would only make this game better.

3. Platform: I think if we do this, it should be like an old style Mega Man game. I'm specifically thinking about this because we could see if we can get the GB crew Mega Man sprites/pictures that the one community member made.

4: RTS: I have ideas about a fairly simple, fast paced RTS that may be pretty simple to make. I got the idea while watching Brad and Patrick play one of the games from the Journey collection. In short, it'd be basically Kingdom for Keflings, excpet the building mechanics are replaces with simply "Recruit dudes and fuck up the opponent".

I think we should choose one of these categories and stick to it. Of course, if some people want to splinter off and do their own thing that's fine, but I think we should focus on core concepts before we start talking about the obvious inclusion of Dinosaur Jousting, or whatever awesome things people have been talking about.

Edit: BTW, when I say fighting game, I mean that in a super broad sense. If we want to make an actual, legitimate jousting game, then I categorize that as a fighting game.

#71 Posted by Bio2hazard (143 posts) -

@DoctorWelch:

I completely agree. I feel that we need someone to officially be a "project lead" so to speak who makes decisions. Of course everyone should have a voice and a say in it, but someone needs to make a call when ideas or suggestions contradict each other.

If we do RPG, I say we should focus on a RPG that is short but all killer and no filler so to speak. Traditional RPGs have been .. pretty boring to me for some time. Xenoblade is awesome, but for a project like this I think a 1-2 hour game chock-full with humor every minute is more suited than some sort of long-winded story that takes 30 hours to unfold. As for the perspective and such, as I mentioned I've been working on a mobile roguelike game in adobe flash builder, so if we were to use ActionScript ( which is unlikely, but still ) I'd offer my games' general graphics engine to the project.

As for a fighting game, I think most of the work there would be spend on fine-tuning and such. Generally speaking I think a fighting game might be pretty hard due to the amount of detail required. I'm thinking about things like hitboxes, and making sure that the attacks connect properly, timings on the attacks and so forth. I'm personally not a big fan of constantly changing miniscule details to get it just right, but of course I could help plenty on the general foundation of the game and then leave the fine-tuning to people who can deal with those things ( I get a bit .. impatient when it comes to making constant tiny changes @_@ )

Platformer is probably the easiest thing to do. I actually have code for a 3D enviroment + 2D sprites platformer in C++ with OpenGL lying around. We could build on that code and get off the ground fairly quickly ( I even used a Zero spritesheet for testing ).

RTS I'm not completely sold on. I think it'd be difficult to add good humor to a RTS and I don't think it'd be a GB game without good humor.

As far as the chosen community category of time travel, guns on dinosaurs and space jousting, we can incorporate that but we'd have to decide on whether each of these 3 things are their own "separate" entity, i.e. different style game for each but not very refined, or if we pick 1 genre and try to incorporate all 3 in the chosen genre.

#72 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

@DoctorWelch: Welcome to the party. An RTS would be pretty lame, same with tower defence, platforming would be too easy and consequently boring to make. Don't worry about the crazy stuff. The form is already solving two problems so far (game idea, and if it's primarily 2D or 3D). Any other craziness that comes up, and we can just make another form (but will wait for fewer responses, for the sake of time).

#73 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

So do we just post assets to this thread? That seems extremely messy. Would we not be better organising all the assets and key project points on an external site suited for the likes of it and leave this thread for discussion?

#74 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

@mandude said:

So do we just post assets to this thread? That seems extremely messy. Would we not be better organising all the assets and key project points on an external site suited for the likes of it and leave this thread for discussion?

Yes... Have you got a good idea of a site that allows you to create a pool where everyone can upload too?

#75 Posted by tariqari (431 posts) -

I think this should be a game about the GB crew. A fighting game would be cool but I think an RPG would sell better, assuming we are going to push for a Steam-Greenlight production. Something in the lines of Super Paper Mario (as suggested earlier) would do really well and the action-RPG genre would blend awesome with playable characters like Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, etc. Each character could be selected from the start; each with unique abilities and properties. Whoever you didn't choose would appear in the game possibly later or from the start.

The game could start in the GB office and spread to the real world. We could fill the game with GB lore, from midnight brown to the days of the reindeer (forgot his name) dude.

The story could perhaps be about Jeff's desire to create a game, but greedy companies seek to buy him out while collapsing within. We could have all sorts of collectible items and powerups. Maybe an inventory system like adventure games that features combinable items?

That's all I've got right now. I think it would be hillarious to see a Super Paper Mario featuring Jeff and Ryan, hopping around in 2d delight.

#76 Posted by Bio2hazard (143 posts) -

@afrofools: Oh yeah

For engines, we might want to look into Axiom or it's parent project Ogre 3D. I don't have any experiences with either of those languages, but I like the fact that Axiom uses C# and is OOP. Might be worth a look ?

For Code tools, I would also suggest linking to MS Visual Studio Express. While plenty of MS products are pretty crappy, I have to say that the free version of their SDKs ( the express versions ) are pretty great. I've been using them without having to pay a dime for 4 years now. Good stuff.

#77 Posted by NeVeRMoRe666 (267 posts) -

@afrofools: Happy to. And I would be more than happy to help out in other ways as well.

#78 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

@tariqari: We're doing an RPG, it's official, the people have spoken. I was already thinking about starting it in the office, maybe crossing the golden gate bridge before seeing the more crazy territory.

@Bio2hazard: Okay maybe you guys doing the code should PM each other and decide what engine you want to use. One thing I would like to mention is not to use any .NET stuff, and it's preferable if you can compile cross-platform binaries. Who is going to fill the rooms with the objects created with the assets, is it going to be you guys? It will be a big job. Or can the environments be made separately? You and the other coders are the authority on this.

#79 Edited by mandude (2666 posts) -

@afrofools said:

@mandude said:

Yes... Have you got a good idea of a site that allows you to create a pool where everyone can upload too?

I imagine Google Drive should work well enough. A shared folder with sub-folders for different categories of assets and design documents should allow everyone to upload to the same pool and access it all at once.

#80 Posted by Bio2hazard (143 posts) -

@afrofools: Alright, a RPG it is !

I prefer to have the discussion about engine and language in the topic rather than PMs so that other people may chime in.

@DoctorWelch

So what do you guys think ?

Looking at the experience that all of you have when it comes to programming languages, it seems that C++ is the clear winner.

We could either use a all-purpose 3D engine such as Unity and simply not use most features to keep it 2D... Or we could use a C++ 2D library such as Allegro. Or we could just use FreeGlut and OpenGL and do our own thing.

Reading up on a few open source game engines, maybe ORX is a decent pick ?

Let's hear your thoughts! I'm not super experienced with using game engines as so far I've always done my own thing in both Adobe Flash Builder and C++ with FreeGlut & OpenGL, so input from someone who has maybe worked on a 2D game project using a engine would be great!

#81 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

I don't have much skill in anything. But I'd happily contribute to this in some way, shape or form. I play guitar (not att that great at it), and I could probably whip up some soundeffects too, and if there is need for a voice, I'd be more than happy to lend mine.

#82 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

@mandude: Google Drive is ready. The link is up in the first post, or you can just click here.

#83 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

@guiseppe: Welcome aboard.

#84 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

If you guys wanna make a platformer I might have some time to spare.

#85 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

@CosmicBatman: We're making an RPG, but you're welcome to join.

#86 Edited by Damodar (1507 posts) -

I can do music.

I don't think doing a fighting game is a good idea though. Fighting games are my main squeeze and having that insight in to what it would actually take to make one, I don't think it's terribly feasible. For starters, even terrible fighting games generally require a TON of art for all the different animations. Old games like Street Fighter 2, which don't look at all fluid, would still have a rather surprising amount of frames of animation per character. I think Skullgirls has about 3500 individual frames of animation for each character and I assume the team probably outsourced a lot of that work. The next problem is that creating a good fighting game seems like it would require a lot more knowledge of the genre that other sorts of games, which would be problematic for a collaborative project like this. Most people would be able to tell judge the platforming controls of a game based on the feel, but it takes a special insight and experience with fighting games to be able to decide things like number of frames of start up before a move hits, number of frames the hit is active for and the placement and size/shape of the hitbox or whatever collision detection, number of frames of recovery after that, number of frames of hitstun and blockstun the move causes etc. You have to make sure that there aren't stupid exploits or loops that are possible because something has too much advantage on hit or starts too quickly (problems that pop up even in professionally made and extensively tested fighting games, ie Akuma's jab, roundhouse loop in Vanilla SF4), but changing something by just one frame could potentially cause some other problem somewhere, maybe in another matchup or something. Then you need to make sure that each character isn't too overpowering vs every single other character and, depending on the number of characters, this could be a huge number of matchups. If you had, say, eight characters, I think that would be 28 possible matchups, not including mirror matches. There are an awful lot of different factors to look at for each of those matchups. Street Fighter IV AE 2012 has 39 characters, which is 741 matchups, disregarding mirrors. Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has 7140 different possible permutations of team, if my math is ok. There's a reason these games take several iterations to really get it right. I'm not saying this under the impression that people intend to make a super well balanced, amazing fighting game with 50 characters with HD sprites that'll be played on the main stage at EVO in 2013, I just want to (I guess overly flamboyantly) make the point that making even a fairly basically functional fighting game takes a loooot of work in so many ways. Fighting games also degrade incredibly online if the netcode isn't unbelievably good. Only a couple of frames of lag is enough to seriously harm the enjoyment of a fighting game online, and not just at high levels. Even if you just play super casually, lack of responsiveness is downright frustrating. So netcode is really hard and versing the AI in fighting games is a waste of time (IMO) since it totally loses that aspect of the battle of mindgames with your opponent.

I really don't want to be the parade-rainer-guy, I just think even a fairly basic fighting game is a hell of a lot to take on and I think it'd seriously harm this project if that's what people wanted to do. Sorry if I seem negative, but I'm actually trying to point out a potential stumbling block out of a realistic optimism for the project.

Oh, it's an RPG, IGNORE MY SPIEL LOLOLOL

I could definitely contribute some music though. I'm ok with some art stuff too, maybe I could contribute to concepting before it goes off to the big boys.

#87 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

@afrofools said:

@CosmicBatman: We're making an RPG, but you're welcome to join.

Ya, I should have read more before I posted. An RPG seems like a good choice.

I can't believe no one has made a Giant Bomb game yet.

#88 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

@afrofools: Cool. Looks good so far. Put me down for music and I'll see if I can get a decent recording setup together. I guess it really depends on the kind of game it turns out to be, though.

#89 Posted by afrofools (1335 posts) -

@Damodar: Added you @mandude: You're in

#90 Edited by Fattony12000 (7580 posts) -

@afrofools: Lead Writer.

I WRITE IN MOLTEN HOT LEAD SPRAYED ACROSS YOUR FACE.

I can kind of edit audio and video files. I have a posh English voice. I know what a Photoshop is. I have written scripts and storyboarded film/video game stuff in the past (purely for my own edification). I have been a student of film making and photography for years, but I have not got any degree-level qualifications in that regard. I have been a fan of tabletop and card games for a great many years as well, learning and understanding game mechanics (across all mediums) is fascinating, and I've designed a few simple card games, again just for my own benefit. I am eating Mini Cheddars right now. I am unemployed. I suppose I can test and assure delicious quality and write bug reports.

I also went ahead and grabbed the GiantBombGame Twitter handle, set up a free forum for more space within which to discuss this sexy thing more, and grabbed a YouTube channel.

https://twitter.com/GiantBombGame

http://giantbombgame.phphope.net

http://www.youtube.com/user/GiantBombtheGame

#91 Posted by Ducksworth (662 posts) -

Awesome, I was hoping it was going to be a RPG.

So how are we deciding the finer points of the game/organizing this thing? If we can decide on:

• 2D or 3D
  • Setting
  • Art style
  • Music style

It should give most of the team something to discuss while the idea guys hammer out the rest of the details. Unfortunately I'm not sure what the Marketing/Lawyer/Business dudes can hack away at until we completely know the scope of the project or have generated some material they can work with. I think that the pages that created are fantastic and if they're going to be the "offical" new home for this project I'll create an account on the forums.

#92 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@Fattony12000 said:

I am eating Mini Cheddars right now.

This guy's got some great qualifications, I'd say.

#93 Posted by joemarch (25 posts) -

With regards to the engine we're using, I think it would be a smart move to outline some specifics of the game so we can make a qualified decision on which engine/library to use.

For example:

• As Ducksworth said 2d or 3d - I assume it's 2d
  • Combat mechanics e.g turn-based or real time
  • Map layout e.g Ultima style tiles or arbitrary sprite sizes and locations
  • Whether the player will be able to move and attack at random angles or, say, in only 4 directions
  • Map size
  • Whether the programmers will be doing 100% of the coding or whether we need a script system for designers to use
  • Whether everyone on the project needs a playable and tweak-able build of the game

Sorry if I went on a bit there but they are just some things to consider when choosing the engine. Personally I think that unity is a good choice (C# is not that difficult to learn and it is well documented) or our own basic engine built using say SDL or SFML depending really on the map format that we use - if we use tiles we will probably need a unity plugin as oppose to a simple multi dimensional array in c++ and whether or not we want a scripting system. Unity also makes it easier for us all to have a tweak-able version of the game.

#94 Posted by Fattony12000 (7580 posts) -

@Ducksworth: Thanks duder! Since you liked it, that's 100% of all people that like the community side of things that I went and set up for some reason. I therefore posit that I could also do this kind of thing for the project as well.

@Ravenlight: I ate another packet, that was my post grad.

#95 Posted by w1n5t0n (167 posts) -

Since that awesome GB persona art popped up, I've been playing around with a giantbomb rpg in Unity. Got the main UI animated and working. So if you need anymore coders In OpenGL, C++, c#, Java, or Android I'm in.

#96 Edited by DrFlapjack (257 posts) -

@DoctorWelch said:

I will say, after reading the first page or two, that there needs to be more organization if we are going to pull this off at all. I've seen this thread a couple times before, and it eventually just dies out, but I feel like this one has gotten the most attention/participation so far, which is a huge start.

We need a producer, someone get Greg Rice on the phone.

@afrofools said:

@mandude said:

I'm currently working on a remote project and we use Google Drive (as stated) for assets and Basecamp to keep track of tasks that need to be completed. This of course will require discipline and having a Design Document with lots of organization on all fronts will help greatly. I have a few example design docs if you'd like me to share them.

#97 Posted by Thoseposers (791 posts) -

I can do some graphics, i'm a bit busy with school but i would love to devote time to doing game art since that's what i'm aiming for after i graduate. Concept art could be my main focus but if you guys want me to do anything else i'll gladly learn how to do it as fast as possible, so things like UI or game backgrounds. I'd leave 3d modelling and animation to more talented individuals than myself.

#98 Posted by Fattony12000 (7580 posts) -
#99 Posted by Ghostiet (5339 posts) -

Are writers or at least people to discuss with needed at all? I don't want to sign-up and just be useless.

Ain't gonna lie, I'm currently on video game design studies and this could be an awesome experience.

#100 Posted by Hyuzen (467 posts) -

I am a computer science minor so my coding sill are not where they could be to help in that regard, but in the past I've done some acting in school plays and the like, so I'd like the opportunity to be involved in voice work if it needs to be done. I don't know if I could do a good impression of anyone from Giant Bomb (except maybe British Brad) but if there end up being other roles that need voice work done I'd really like to lend my talents to that.

This idea makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside, I hope that it comes to fruition!