#101 Edited by korkesh (133 posts) -

If you need another coder I'd like to join in.

I know C/C++, python, Allegro (2-D Framework for C++).

I work as a software developer, but I am trying to learn game development as well. I've made a few games, mostly clones of tetris, mario, as well as a simple 2-D RPG. Would love to help out even as a learning experience.

Cheers.

#102 Posted by Fattony12000 (7097 posts) -

Since I've yet to be added officially onto the list, I just went ahead and starting putting some questions and thoughts into the design document. Since no one else has done anything else on there yet, I'm just posing questions to try and get other people's thoughts on what broad direction we are taking with this.

#103 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2484 posts) -

@tariqari said:

I think this should be a game about the GB crew. A fighting game would be cool but I think an RPG would sell better, assuming we are going to push for a Steam-Greenlight production. Something in the lines of Super Paper Mario (as suggested earlier) would do really well and the action-RPG genre would blend awesome with playable characters like Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, etc. Each character could be selected from the start; each with unique abilities and properties. Whoever you didn't choose would appear in the game possibly later or from the start.

The game could start in the GB office and spread to the real world. We could fill the game with GB lore, from midnight brown to the days of the reindeer (forgot his name) dude.

The story could perhaps be about Jeff's desire to create a game, but greedy companies seek to buy him out while collapsing within. We could have all sorts of collectible items and powerups. Maybe an inventory system like adventure games that features combinable items?

That's all I've got right now. I think it would be hillarious to see a Super Paper Mario featuring Jeff and Ryan, hopping around in 2d delight.

I really like this idea. We could also add in Cool Baby. Maybe at some point, Cool Baby could join your party or something.

or maybe Cool Baby could be a boss... oh, and maybe Hardcore Dave? :D

#104 Edited by tariqari (430 posts) -

hey guys, I've added a revision history page to the Game Design Document. Please don't forget to sign whatever changes you make, remove, or add so that it's as organized as can be.

actually, it might be an EXCELLENT IDEA if someone were to create a wiki for the project. (as I was typing this, I went ahead and did it.)

http://giantbombgame.wikia.com/wiki/Giantbombgame_Wiki

I think we could use the wiki to work out character profiles, locations, abilities, items, and general concepts when we are at the stage where we are working on concept art and ingame stats.

#105 Edited by DrFlapjack (233 posts) -

With so many people working on this organization and communication will be key. I’m not sure if anyone is familiar with Scrum method of development? It seems like it would be a good fit. Instead of a “waterfall” method of management it allows people to pick the tasks they would like to work on, the only thing is we would need a “scrum master” or a few people that decide what needs to get done so people aren't working on things that are redundant.

The first thing we should do is work on the Game Design Document. We can start in broad strokes and it will be a place for anyone to visit to catch up on what the game is about. I've uploaded a few different templates-

bateman_fireball_designDoc.doc

Game Design Template.doc

ctaylordesigntemplate.doc

Baldwin Game Design Document Template-1.doc

Artists can do concepts and try to find an art style if they’re itching to start working.

I know you said this wasn't your project, but we’ll need a producer or lead of some sort, so if you or anyone would like to volunteer? I've been through the process a few times so I can definitely assist.

the wiki is a great idea and will help organize things.

Also the forum that set up would be good to put in the op so this thread doesn't get too convoluted.

#106 Posted by Fattony12000 (7097 posts) -

As per some discussion in the Google Docs chat, I put it to you all that we could vote for a lead of each department (writer, visuals, coding, audio). Getting a core concept nailed down is the first step, and lots of people all shouting out their ideas at once may not a lovely cake make. Would those wanting to be a lead, and therefore have the most control over a particular aspect of the game, be up for providing a sample of their vision for the rest of the community to vote on?

#107 Posted by afrofools (1319 posts) -

@Fattony12000: Welcome to the team. It's exciting to see the initiative you have taken :)

@joemarch: Yes. Could you and the coders take care of this decision? I was wondering if there was a way to have the room/level/map editor accessible to the ideas people (and everyone for that matter). It depends on the engine among other things.

@w1n5t0n: Cool. Glad to have you onboard. Interesting that you have already been doing this.

@DrFlapjack: We already have the Google Drive links ;)

@Thoseposers: Welcome to the team. Most people are pretty busy with what they have on. That's why if we work together we can transcend timezones and have time for our personal lives.

@Ghostiet: Writers are never useless. Having a hundred people to bounce ideas off of is great. As an RPG this game will need a tonne of dialogue, and a fun story. There's plenty of stuff to do. Welcome to the team.

#108 Posted by Blargonaut (146 posts) -

I wanna help! I started off my college career in Comp Sci, but didn't continue with it. I have ideas though...and stuff. This should definitely be a 2D game, which I'm sure it was gonna be anyway. I've always liked 2D better than 3D ones.

#109 Posted by Chaser324 (6343 posts) -

@DrFlapjack said:

With so many people working on this organization and communication will be key.

Yeah, this is definitely true. This post has only been up for about two days, but I feel like things might already be starting to spiral out of control. We definitely need some people to take the reins and keep things focused.

Also, a basic design doc and concept will be a tremendous help to get the ball rolling on everything else.

@Vigorousjammer said:

@tariqari said:

... I think an RPG would sell better, assuming we are going to push for a Steam-Greenlight production...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I really don't think we should be going into this with the thought of making money off of it...especially if we're using the likenesses of the GB staff. Crowdsourcing a game isn't something that I've ever seen turn into something all that marketable either. Don't get me wrong, I hope this project goes well, but let's not set our sights too high right out of the gate.

#110 Posted by afrofools (1319 posts) -

@Chaser324: We have a game design document, which anyone can edit :) If someone wants to rearrange everything to a template they found @DrFlapjack maybe, they can do it. @tariqari even made a wiki for the project, and @Fattony12000 has made a forum.

@Blargonaut: Welcome to the team.

#111 Posted by tariqari (430 posts) -

@Chaser324 said:

@DrFlapjack said:

With so many people working on this organization and communication will be key.

Yeah, this is definitely true. This post has only been up for about two days, but I feel like things might already be starting to spiral out of control. We definitely need some people to take the reins and keep things focused.

Also, a basic design doc and concept will be a tremendous help to get the ball rolling on everything else.

@Vigorousjammer said:

@tariqari said:

... I think an RPG would sell better, assuming we are going to push for a Steam-Greenlight production...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I really don't think we should be going into this with the thought of making money off of it...especially if we're using the likenesses of the GB staff. Crowdsourcing a game isn't something that I've ever seen turn into something all that marketable either. Don't get me wrong, I hope this project goes well, but let's not set our sights too high right out of the gate.

We may not be able to make money off it, but I think it's possible to distribute the game via Greenlight. According to the terms on their page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/editgame/?appid=765, it wouldn't be in any violation to distribute the game via the platform. The problem would more likely originate from the fact that this would be a giantbomb themed game and seeing as giantbomb is a property of CBS Interactive, they could probably sue us for trademark violations EVEN IF the game was distributed for free. Something to think about even whether or not we tried to greenlight the project because simply distributing the game could bring about those issues.

#112 Posted by w1n5t0n (174 posts) -

I think it would be a lot easier to stick with an existing engine like unity since most of the coders know c++\c# anyway. I mean, you think about it. It's a big enough task coding the game logic, ai, event manager, etc. without worrying about the low level stuff.

#113 Posted by Chaser324 (6343 posts) -

@w1n5t0n said:

I think it would be a lot easier to stick with an existing engine like unity since most of the coders know c++\c# anyway. I mean, you think about it. It's a big enough task coding the game logic, ai, event manager, etc. without worrying about the low level stuff.

Unity or XNA would probably be my preference. I know we've got some guys who haven't done C#, but if you've done C++ or Java, it's very easy to make the transition.

#114 Posted by Fattony12000 (7097 posts) -

I've made a Giant Bomb Game email address, we can use hangout and the slightly better chat room than the one found on Google Docs, we can also share video and stuff too.

I've made a Developer Circle as well, so everyone involved can find each other easily.

Search for giantbombgame@gmail.com or Fat Tony (Giant Bomb Game) and add me to one of your sexy Circles.

#115 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

I hereby appoint @Chaser324: and to be the lead coders if they accept the position. Decide what this thing is going to be made on, and let's set that in place at least for now. If you decide things need to change because the overall ideas of what the game will be have changed, then do so. For now, we just need ideas to be soildified so we can start making progress.

I also hereby appoint @Fattony12000: and myself (if you approve) to be the lead design/ideas people if they accept the position. I'm not trying to say we will be solely responsible for making decisions (this will still be a community game), but at some point their needs to be a hierarchy so that ideas can be shot down, and progress can be made.

I hereby appoint to be lead sound designer if he accepts the position.

I hereby appoint @DrFlapjack as the lead artist/animator if he accepts the position.

Lastly, I'm not sure exactly what @afrofools wants to do, but, considering you started this whole thing, you should definitely be the one to make sure ideas are communicated to everyone in the project, and things stay organized.

So, if anyone has any objections, speak up.

#116 Edited by afrofools (1319 posts) -

@Chaser324: @w1n5t0n: Agreed

#117 Posted by afrofools (1319 posts) -

@DoctorWelch: I'm doing graphics and some organisational stuff like handling updating the original post + github managment + the Drive management. It takes time to make quality graphics, but I'll knock up some very sketchy looking mockups of different game perspectives sometime in the next few hours that we can vote on with a form. It could be done from birds-eye perspective, sideways perspective, or third person (preferably one of the two former options).

#118 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I'm sort of confused what's going on right now. Anyone willing to bring me up to speed?

#119 Posted by 5socks5 (188 posts) -

@afrofools: Sign me up. College Computer Science student with experience in C, C++, and Python.

#120 Posted by Bio2hazard (144 posts) -

I know Unity is mostly 3D and I havn't worked with it myself, but since it's a big thing and many games coming out are using Unity, I'd like to get some first-hand experience with it.

In other words, I'd support using Unity. If only to learn why so many people love it so much!

#121 Posted by Hells (68 posts) -

I would be disappointed if there was no reference or inclusion of the Lang Zone or Meat Dimension in this game ;)

#122 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

i have SOME coding ability (currently studying Computing Systems at uni)

I know.....

Some C#, HTML, jQuery, Java, CSS ummmm

I can do 2D pixel art as well?

#123 Posted by envane (1159 posts) -

i am not a coder at all .. i can do some photoshop level graphics but my skillset basicly revolves around making trippy wallpaper

My main field is electronic music and sound design , and will gladly donate all my time and effort on that front , plus i may easily be able to help with ideas and design.

heres my soundcloud page (not the best example, i have a mediafire repositorty for more stuff but i dont make it as public because its prone to being hammered )

your tastes may vary on the actual music but i think i prove in the longer ambient sections of rboken and sentry that i can easily do background "atmosphere" and sound effects .. i admit im not a melodic genius and my tatses are atonal and offensive most of the time ehehe .. but hey .. im here if you need me.

#124 Posted by afrofools (1319 posts) -

@5socks5: Welcome to the team.

As I step back a bit from doing all the management work some of the other 'managers' will be adding new team members to the list, and they may or may not welcome each person specifically, but all of you are still loved and needed.

Welcome to the team to you as well. I like the trippy wallpapers, maybe there could be a psych attack.

Welcome to you as well.

@SexyToad: Read the documents. There's a game design document link next to the ideas people heading in the member's list on the first post. Some people are going to become project managers for this project, and they will start putting things in motion.

#125 Posted by Chaser324 (6343 posts) -

@Bio2hazard: I agree duder. Let's get on the Unity engine love train. I've been wanting to get some hands on experience with it, and this seems like a pretty opportuntiy to do it.

#126 Edited by Bio2hazard (144 posts) -

Alright!

I'll get started on some basic stuff then. Currently downloading Unity 3.5.6.. gonna look at some tutorials pertaining to some 2D stuff and see what I can do with it.

First off, I'm thinking of using Danc's prototyping tileswhile we are still waiting for assets to be created. I know they are kind of medieval RPGish, but it should be easy to replace them once we get other assets, so for now they should do fine. My first goal will be to actually set up a way to display the tiles / get graphics somewhat sorted out.

The next step will be to hard-code a example map to get the objects sorted out with some basic requirements. Then, the really big first goal should be to make a mapping tool. I'd like to give more creative folks the ability to make maps ASAP. Not entirely sure yet how we can split the work between coders since again, I know little about Unity, but I'm sure we can figure things out. :)

I'll go read the design documents for now while waiting for the download.

Edit: Read the design documents... so uhm.. we are going with 3D with 2D sprites ? I'm guessing something akin to Chantelise ? Or, do we want it to be more action-RPG akin to a Castlevania game with 3D background ?

Before I can really get started, I need to know what the engine needs to do. Isometric perspective? Or straight overhead akin to say, the classic Final Fantasy games?

#127 Edited by 5socks5 (188 posts) -

@afrofools: You can also reach me on Github @ http://www.github.com/CharlieRoz although my Github profile is sort of lacking at the moment.

#128 Posted by Chaser324 (6343 posts) -

@Bio2hazard: I was talking with some of the "ideas" guys earlier about this issue. Hopefully, it won't take them too long to sort out some basic ideas like that, but in the meantime, it'll give us software duders time to get setup to work with Unity and look over some documentation and tutorials a bit.

Also, I'm probably going to setup a private repo for us on GitHub. Probably going to be better if we just go closed source, and just invite in anyone that wants to contribute.

#129 Posted by tariqari (430 posts) -

Hey guys, below is my pitch for the plot of the game. I've also included potential gameplay elements. Give me some feedback and let me know what you think.

Giant Bomb Game Pitch

By TariQari

Summary:

Dr. MadMan (Madmen reference here?) has developed his latest weapon, the Game Ray, which allows players to “zap” into their favorite games! He sends it off to TinyExplosive.com, a website about video games, to be reviewed by the legendary Jeff Reviewmann. When Jeff attempts to try out the invention with one of his favorite games, Super Lame Sisters, Dr. Madman’s invention takes on a life of its own, preventing Jeff from escape and contaminating the world of video games. It’s up to you, Player Character, to save Jeff and stop Dr. MadMan once and for all!

General Concept

You play as an intern for the website TinyExplosive.com, a website about video games. You must save Jeff who has been entrapped inside a new video game accessory which allows players to virtually enter the world of games, only the games have greatly been altered by Dr. MadMan’s invention!

· Your character will be able to use powerups.

· Hackers (members) from the forums of TinyExplosive.com will assist and guide you as you enter the world of games, and the website will even act as a hub (safe zone) that you can use to buy items, powerups, and intelligence on current objectives.

· Your character will have an inventory that can be used to combine items.

· Various games will be featured as areas where Jeff could be. You will have to beat one level of each game in order to find him.

· The games/levels will be parodies of real games such as Mario, Battlefield, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Sonic, and more.

· Your character will have a “juice meter” that will need to be filled with coffees, lattes, and power drinks to maintain maximum strength.

· There will be numerous references to GiantBomb and Jeff Gertsmann lore. There will also be references to the forums and its users.

· Appearances will be made by Ryan Davis, Brad Shoemaker, Vinny Caravella, Alex Navarro, Rich Gallup, and Greg Kasavin and whoever else I left out.

Protagonist

The protagonist will be customizable by the player. He/she/it will be an intern at TinyExplosive.com. They will be able to acquire new abilities from the levels and central hub of the game and can upgrade their stats and abilities over time.

Potential character stats:

· Health

· Juice (Energy/Stamina)

· Power (Strength)

· Brainpower (intelligence)

· Haxor Skillz (computer/tech)

· 1337 speak (persuasion/charisma)

· Attitude (meanness/bribery/coercision)

· Melee (all melee, swords, spears, etc)

· Guns, Baby, Guns.

· TinyExplosiveS!!! (all explosive ordinance, bombs, etc.)

· Potentially more…

As the game will have inventory and powerups, I stress that there must be a number of stats that could make use of various situations. For example, drink a cup of coffee and you’ll instantly advance your juice bar by several points, but as a result of caffeine, you’ll automatically take some hits to brainpower.

Antagonist

Dr. Madman will be the primary antagonist. He will be a boss at the end of each level who will take on the form of either a hero or villain from whatever game level he’s in. It’s possible that we could include Ryan and the other GiantBomb crew here as bosses (instead of the Doctor) who’ve been affected by Dr. Madman’s invention and upon their defeat, they will wake up out of their spell and join forces with the protagonist. All enemy npcs will have sellable loot and give xp to the player.

Endings

The game will end upon saving Jeff from Dr. Madmann, upon which he will join forces with the player character and partake in a battle of epic proportions. After defeating Dr. Madmann, the player character will receive and recognition from Jeff himself and live happily ever after. An alternate ending would involve the player stealing the Game Ray for himself and using it to conquer the world.

#130 Posted by w1n5t0n (174 posts) -
#131 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

So I'm generally a useless piece of shit with a major in Marketing and a minor in Creative Writing, but if y'all need generic lady noises, fart sounds, or even a helping hand with the writing I'd be happy to chip in.

Also, in my opinion, you guys shouldn't come up with any especially grandiose plans because people tend to crap out on those pretty quick when they're working for free. Maybe aim for a shorter experience than your average RPG?

#132 Posted by afrofools (1319 posts) -

@Chaser324: I added you as an owner, in addition to Bio2hazard. Three owners should be enough for repo management. Please make the repo within the organisation already created. I also don't think we need to make the code private, but if you must, again it would be better with the main organisation.

@tariqari: Throw it in the story doc.

@Bio2hazard: We are going to work out the perspective soon. Yes, if it's third person the 2D will look weird like in Chantelise, unless we just use the 2D for textures, UI, and item drops. If the perspective is like paper mario or the original zelda then 2D sprites can be used and will look much more seamless.

#133 Posted by Bio2hazard (144 posts) -

Trying to find my way around unity at the moment. I find it .... difficult. I'm much more of a code guy and I'm happy to create my own functions and objects for everything. So far it seems ... cumbersome to me to add objects to the scene and then using the script manager on it. So it's been slow-going.. I've been going through thistutorial series. It's quite outdated but hopefully it'll let me get familiar with some of unity's concepts, as so far it's pretty frustrating ( I just want to code, damnit! )

#134 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

For an idea I thought about today...

Everyone knows FTL, how about we do one but you're bank robbers travelling across country robbing banks/small stores/stealing cars/staying in motels etc.

And the cops are chasing after you, the more you interact with people the faster the cops catch up to you, and you can throw them off your trail etc.

So you're racing to the border to try to escape the country and the money you have becomes your 'highscore'

#135 Edited by afrofools (1319 posts) -

EDIT: The form results are in, it's going to be a sideways linear RPG.

I can make good digital art, but it is not worth the effort beyond getting the idea across for this particular situation. Make sure you make your decision equally weighing the technical feasibility and what you would like to play.

#136 Edited by joemarch (25 posts) -

Could you re upload the 'Programming Environment' form please, I'm having trouble reading it

Edit:

Also as for the battle mechanics I think that it wouldn't be that difficult to get a Pokemon style turn based system up and running, this could look really cool with the Persona fan artists on board, this would of course be easier if we don't use unity.

#137 Posted by Bio2hazard (144 posts) -

I'm kind of into the idea of having it be somewhat Castlevania-esque, so I picked Sidescrolling + Exploration Battles :)

#138 Posted by afrofools (1319 posts) -
#139 Posted by envane (1159 posts) -

im all for a multi genre crazy mashup game , just so there can be a sequence akin to the shmup section at the end of segagaga

mbaye if it was mostly 3d models for the main game , you could have custom 2d art sectiosn as mini games , i dunno , fully leverage the art comminity , and also it would help that self aware feeling with different artstyles depicitng the same characters etc ..

#140 Posted by BSw (249 posts) -

Interesting. If I have some time to spare, I'm definitely up to help with this. Degree in business/management, so I could help with managing (parts of) the project, market analysis, marketing, etc. Furthermore, I draw in my spare time, so I'm also up for doing some simple storyboard and/or concept art (especially storyboard would be cool). Finally, I'm also not a horrible writer, so I could be of help there as well. Just assign me one or two tasks, and I'll see to it that it happens. PM me if you need more details and/or proof.

#141 Posted by DrFlapjack (233 posts) -

@DoctorWelch said:

I hereby appoint @DrFlapjack as the lead artist/animator if he accepts the position.

Lastly, I'm not sure exactly what @afrofools wants to do, but, considering you started this whole thing, you should definitely be the one to make sure ideas are communicated to everyone in the project, and things stay organized.

First and foremost I'm a 3d animator, so depending on the style of game (implementation of 2d/3d) I would certainly be down for lead animator. I am familiar enough with modeling to give critiques, however may not be best suited for producing important models. If there is someone else who is more intimately involved in the creation of assets then perhaps they would be better suited for lead artist. I can also assist in a more producer-like role in keeping things organized and helping decide what needs to be done.

I've added a Game Design Document Template into the google drive. If it's something we would like to use, then great, otherwise we can get rid of it.

#142 Posted by Fattony12000 (7097 posts) -

I have worked on the first page-viewable Google Doc for everyone to peruse, I'm trying to collate information and lay out links and details in a clearer fashion for y'all.

@DoctorWelch said:

I also hereby appoint @Fattony12000: and myself (if you approve) to be the lead design/ideas people if they accept the position. I'm not trying to say we will be solely responsible for making decisions (this will still be a community game), but at some point their needs to be a hierarchy so that ideas can be shot down, and progress can be made.

Wow, considering that I've barely got started I really appreciate that you think highly enough of me to reckon I might have something to offer the project. I am working on a couple of draft ideas right now, and hopefully if other people see those ideas and like them, then well, they'll like them AND IN TURN LEARN TO LOVE ME! AHAHAHAHA!

I strongly agree that no one duder should have all that power, thoughts and ideas from everyone should be listened to with equal regard. But having a group of team leads to collect this information from the community and then process it for display to/discussion by everyone involved. And at some point, to make a final call on a decision.

As a person who it interested in words and sentences, I wouldn't mind talking to all of those wanting to do the same thing, corralling them, as it were; into a place where we just thrash out ideas. These ideas/drafts/scripts/concepts could then be submitted back to the public as a survey, to be voted on?

#143 Posted by Chronologist (267 posts) -

Wow, this seems like an absolutely awesome idea!

I would love to help, but I'm not really sure how much I can add to the process.

I can write, probably. English is not my native language but I like writing and have written a fair amount and would love to do something - from story writing to dialogue or item descriptions or whatever. I can also edit video if that will ever be needed in the game, or for trailers or something like that.

#144 Posted by afrofools (1319 posts) -

@Chronologist: We will be making videos for this game, so you help will be much appreciated.

#145 Edited by Lysergica33 (518 posts) -

I'd love to get involved, I could really do with a project right now. I'm a musician, I mainly do soundscape/ambient kind of stuff, so I could do background fx and ambience to help enhance the sense of place.

Edit: I also occasionally have mechanical or conceptual ideas. So I may contribute I few brain farts here and there too.

#146 Posted by Bio2hazard (144 posts) -

: Is everything regarding the perspective and such decided now ?

Sidescrolling - Enviroment 3D , what about characters ? 3D or 2D ?

Movement - Only Horizontal ( castlevania ) or both Horizontal and Vertical ( double dragon )

#147 Posted by Chaser324 (6343 posts) -

@Bio2hazard:

I took a look into making a private GitHub repo, but unfortunately I can really only do it with myself as the owner of the repository, unless I pay $25.00 to upgrade the organization that made so that it can be the owner of a private repo. So, do you guys want to go public repo, or just allow me to create a private repo with myself as sole "owner" (I can still add unlimited collaborators which should give you pretty much all of the capabilities you would need).

#148 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2484 posts) -

@Bio2hazard said:

Movement - Only Horizontal ( castlevania ) or both Horizontal and Vertical ( double dragon )

From what I heard it's going to be a Paper Mario style with 2D characters in a 3D environment. I think I'd also prefer it if there's horizontal and vertical movement.

#149 Posted by Chaser324 (6343 posts) -

@Vigorousjammer said:

@Bio2hazard said:

From what I heard it's going to be a Paper Mario style with 2D characters in a 3D environment. I think I'd also prefer it if there's horizontal and vertical movement.

Yeah...I'm not sure how exactly we arrived at that, but that seems to be the indication.

I'm actually mildly concerned about how this game design by committee thing is going to turn out. I'm sure you guys know what they say about too many cooks in the kitchen. I'm almost tempted to steal away with the half a dozen or so people that seem most interested in making a game and building this thing just with them...I know this is supposed to be a game "by the Giant Bomb community", but I'm just not sure if polls on genre and gameplay are going to produce something good.

I just get the feeling that a lot of the community polls are driving us toward some sort of parody of Final Fantasy (which has already been done well by Penny Arcade Ep 3 among others) that idolizes the GB staff in some semi-creepy way.

#150 Edited by Fattony12000 (7097 posts) -

I went ahead and posted 76 MB of game design docs and possibly helpful stuff in Other Game Design Docs inside of the Ideas folder of the Google Drive.

Here is a very small sample of the start of the opening sequence, as I envisage it. What are people's thoughts on how I lay out shots and try to explain myself here? Bear in mind, all images and videos are just examples of style, or types of shots. These two A4 pages describe approximately the first 40 seconds of the game. For some reason I have Ninja Gaiden cutscene style graphics (the first two games) in my head for this sequence.