• 88 results
masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By masternater27

Europe is doing all sorts of crazy stripping of religious expression lately, justifying it as secularism.  If you want to be a secular government you're supposed to protect the rights of religions but not get involved, not water down and strip away traditions.  It's almost funny the people replying that it's just minarets, yet they support banning them, but it ends up just being sad.  Why ban them if it isn't religious?  The irrational fear of Islam by the West is annoying.  Take the time to talk to Muslim people.  Please?  Turns out they're just people too.  And like all groups, there are a few extremists among them.  There's been a lot of shootings  here in America of police offers (now teachers too!).  I'd call those terrorist attacks as well. 

Myrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Myrmidon
@Phished0ne said:
" @Myrmidon said:
" Fuck Muslims. If the Swiss don't want them there, then they don't need to have them. It was a vote. They are like the fags on CSS who shout 'RTV PL0X' right after a voted map change because they don't like not getting their way. "

I don't agree with organized religion, but shouldn't people be allowed to practice whatever religion they want, wherever they want?  In the end is ridiculous on  both sides though.
As far as I'm concerned they can, but with due respect towards other people - the same respect they demand. If a public vote says they don't want those things then they should adhere. (But contest the vote if they think it's unfair or it's too valuable a thing to lose)

But holy war? Come on. That just makes me hate Islam even more. 
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By HandsomeDead

It's this kind of response that makes me completely back the Swiss in this matter. Taking the soft approach on Islam is really not working.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By The_Ish
@masternater27 said:
 The irrational fear of Islam by the West is annoying.  Take the time to talk to Muslim people.  Please?  Turns out they're just people too.  And like all groups, there are a few extremists among them.  There's been a lot of shootings  here in America of police offers (now teachers too!).  I'd call those terrorist attacks as well.  "
You think it's irrational fear when some important Muslim figure calls Jihad on a nation that made an action that didn't hurt anyone?
ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By ZeroCast

No one should take what Gaddafi says seriously, not even on this level.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#56  Edited By wwfundertaker

Giving a bad name to honest muslims.

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By masternater27
@The_Ish said:
" @masternater27 said:
 The irrational fear of Islam by the West is annoying.  Take the time to talk to Muslim people.  Please?  Turns out they're just people too.  And like all groups, there are a few extremists among them.  There's been a lot of shootings  here in America of police offers (now teachers too!).  I'd call those terrorist attacks as well.  "
You think it's irrational fear when some important Muslim figure calls Jihad on a nation that made an action that didn't hurt anyone? "
Calling Jihad isn't what the media likes to portray it as.  He's asking that Muslims not travel to Switzerland, no importing/exporting of goods from/to Switzerland, withdrawing money from Swiss bank accounts and investments, etc.  We'd call those economic sanctions.  He goes a bit overboard with some of his statements, for sure, but there's nothing shocking here.  He certainly isn't calling for any violence.   And besides, you don't have to physically harm people to hurt them.  Switzerland is restricting the culture of a people.  The government is actively building distrust towards Muslims amongst their population by allowing this to happen.  First you ban minarets, next it's banning veiled faces, soon it's banning the religion, arresting practicing Muslims.  Look at France, they're actively denying citizenship to people that strictly follow their religion.  Even if it doesn't go that far, it's still marginalizing a group of people, which is very harmful to one's psyche.  Being told that something your people have done for hundreds of years is an unacceptable thing for a government to do, and it can be very distressing for people. 

So, I just read up a little bit more about Gadhafi's personal relationship with Switzerland, and that complicates things a bit.  I still think what the Swiss are doing is inappropriate and wrong ethically, but Gadhafi's calling for Jihad is obviously a personal reaction, not a presidential one.  So he is also in the wrong in my opinion.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By The_Ish
@masternater27 said:
" @The_Ish said:
" @masternater27 said:
You think it's irrational fear when some important Muslim figure calls Jihad on a nation that made an action that didn't hurt anyone? "
Calling Jihad isn't what the media likes to portray it as.  He's asking that Muslims not travel to Switzerland, no importing/exporting of goods from/to Switzerland, withdrawing money from Swiss bank accounts and investments, etc.  We'd call those economic sanctions.   

Economic sanctions are not part of the Greater Jihad, and the Lesser Jihad is all about war.  

He knew perfectly well that there will be nutcases willing to stab random Swedes to death over his announcement.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By Cube

Listen, I don't give a shit, but...

Why can't these people respect the policies of other countries with opposing ideologies?

Seriously, go build a church in Saudi Arabia. Good fucking luck.

Nations like Denmark, Switzerland, and Norway (many others too) deserve the right to preserve their culture. I wish my country would.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By turboman

There is nothing religious about war

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Cube
@Phished0ne said:
" @Myrmidon said:
" Fuck Muslims. If the Swiss don't want them there, then they don't need to have them. It was a vote. They are like the fags on CSS who shout 'RTV PL0X' right after a voted map change because they don't like not getting their way. "

I don't agree with organized religion, but shouldn't people be allowed to practice whatever religion they want, wherever they want?  In the end is ridiculous on  both sides though. 

No, absolutely fucking not.

If a country is founded on Christianity, I think they have the right to preserve that.

Muslims are fucking ridiculous, they cry so hard to practice in nations like England but they'll give no rights to a Christian in Saudi Arabia.

As for me, I'm very strong Atheist, but when I was Christian, I was fine with not being able to go to Muslim nations, I respect their policies. 
Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Funzzo

I am in no way a racist nor do I hate any peoples or religion.  But I find myself thinking "ok these muslim fuckers just call everyone who is not a muslim a fukcking infidel." Thats fucked up. so everyone who is not a muslim should be killed? Is that the way they all think?. Im white and live in the usa so that makes me an infidel huh? well shit... Anyway I don't think that the swiss should be allowed to stop the building of minarets, whats next are they going to tell people they can't build churches.  This kind of shit gets me pissed so I will just say this.  Let all people peacefully practice what ever religion they want and to any religion or people who call me an infidel for not being a muslim or for being whatever GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!! o and have a nice day :)
Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Azrail

just in case anyone didn't know this feud b/w Switzerland and Gaddafi started before the whole   minarets thing. Gaddafi's son was arrested in Switzerland for alleged abuse of his maids or w/e and that pissed Gaddafi off so he kicked out all swiss ambassadors, and detaining two bussinsess men for about 18 months now, think one is free now, for "spying". 

basically Gaddafi has a hardon for switzerland and will use any excuse to "attack" it, plus hes mildly loco  

read this for laughs
http://www.examiner.com/x-21977-Portland-Muslim-Examiner~y2010m2d27-Gadhafi-declares-Jihad-on-Switzerland

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Cube
@Funzzo: No, they won't tell people they can't build churches because they're preserving that culture. 

That, is their right.
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By Gabriel

Don't the Swiss protect the Pope (Swiss Guard) RELIGIOUS WAR!!!!

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By Jimbo

I'm sure Switzerland won't lose any sleep over it.  With this and the UK government shutting down Islam4UK, maybe Europe is finally growing a pair.

Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Azrail
@masternater27: he also said this, keep in mind   "[t]hose who destroy God's mosques deserve to be attacked through Jihad, and if Switzerland was on our borders, we would fight it."  

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By Hamst3r

This is wonderful, genuinely. Hilarious. I hate religion.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#70  Edited By TheHT
@masternater27 said:
" Europe is doing all sorts of crazy stripping of religious expression lately, justifying it as secularism.  If you want to be a secular government you're supposed to protect the rights of religions but not get involved, not water down and strip away traditions.  It's almost funny the people replying that it's just minarets, yet they support banning them, but it ends up just being sad.  Why ban them if it isn't religious?  The irrational fear of Islam by the West is annoying.  Take the time to talk to Muslim people.  Please?  Turns out they're just people too.  And like all groups, there are a few extremists among them.  There's been a lot of shootings  here in America of police offers (now teachers too!).  I'd call those terrorist attacks as well.  "
lol wow. i love how their solution to what they believe to be repression of women is to ban them from choosing to wear something.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#71  Edited By natetodamax

So wait, a war about religion? Really? Really?

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Osaladin
@The_Ish said:
" @masternater27 said:
Calling Gaddafi an "important Muslim figure" is like saying that the KKK are an important Christian movement. 

Also Saudi Arabia and Switzerland are completely different. Saudi Arabia was the birthplace of Islam, I'm sure you will find no mosques in the Vatican.
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I will see you, my brothers, and my AK in Switzerland!

In Allah!

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Osaladin said:
" @The_Ish said:
" @masternater27 said:
Calling Gaddafi an "important Muslim figure" is like saying that the KKK are an important Christian movement.   Also Saudi Arabia and Switzerland are completely different. Saudi Arabia was the birthplace of Islam, I'm sure you will find no mosques in the Vatican. "
The Vatican is a tiny city state, Saudi Arabia is the largest country in the middle east. Based on scale alone, that comparison doesn't work.
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Bones8677
@Phished0ne said:
But is is everywhere the religion has spread, try to find a picture of a mosque without a minaret, its about as hard to find as a cathedral without stained glass.  "
I think you might be confusing Minaret with Dome. Practically every Mosque has a dome. But I don't recall seeing any Mosques (In California) to have minarets. There's only four minarets in Switzerland, that would mean there's only four mosques. 

This is why this whole situation is so ridiculous, there only exist four Minarets in the country. Hardly what I would call an encroachment of Muslim cultural imperialism. This whole thing has nothing to do with preserving the Swiss culture or religion. It's far more simpler than that. It's just out-and-out racism. 

To all those who say, "Well that's their right, if they vote for it, then we should respect that." I wonder how many of you used this same outlook when California passed Prop 8? hmm, I wonder...
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Osaladin
@HandsomeDead said:
" @Osaladin said:
" @The_Ish said:
" @masternater27 said:
Calling Gaddafi an "important Muslim figure" is like saying that the KKK are an important Christian movement.   Also Saudi Arabia and Switzerland are completely different. Saudi Arabia was the birthplace of Islam, I'm sure you will find no mosques in the Vatican. "
The Vatican is a tiny city state, Saudi Arabia is the largest country in the middle east. Based on scale alone, that comparison doesn't work. "
Scale has nothing to do with it. It's about where the religion was started. For Islam, it was all of Saudi Arabia. I know Christianity wasn't started in the Vatican, but that is more or less the center of the religion.

Also most middle eastern countries have many churches, that look like churches.
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Bones8677

I don't think the Vatican is an appropriate example. It's only, what, just under half a kilometer in diameter? You couldn't even build a mosque there, even if you could.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#78  Edited By Phished0ne
@Bones8677 said:
" @Phished0ne said:
But is is everywhere the religion has spread, try to find a picture of a mosque without a minaret, its about as hard to find as a cathedral without stained glass.  "
I think you might be confusing Minaret with Dome. Practically every Mosque has a dome. But I don't recall seeing any Mosques (In California) to have minarets. There's only four minarets in Switzerland, that would mean there's only four mosques. 

I know what a minaret is, it just seems to be a defining aspect of mosques to me, every picture I've looked at online has one.  Although i cant really speak from experience because my closest interaction with Islam was about 2 weeks in my Early Western Civilzation class. 
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By The_Ish
@Osaladin said:
" @The_Ish said:
" @masternater27 said:
But it isn't Saudi Arabia. It's Libya. 

Also, he leads a nation of 6 million Muslims. 

How is he not an important Muslim figure?
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Osaladin

Just because he "leads" a nation with muslims in it, doesn't make him a spokesperson for Islam. Most muslims in the world actually hate their respective sovereigns, presidents, rulers, dictators, whatever you wish to call them.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Godwind

Both parties on this issue need to get laid.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#82  Edited By raiz265
@EternalInfinity0 said:
" Wow, I had no idea the Swiss were such idiots... why would the government let this happen? "
because they have democracy
Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Azrail

people who ignore Gaddfis crazy and try to say the swiss law is dumb are missing the point...

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

The swiss banned it cause they said they are afraid of Islam taking over. However, they failed to mention that there were only FOUR MINARETS in all of Switzerland. 

Anyways, Jihad is holy war, but its more of a conversation with God, like immortal technique put it. Basically its an inner struggle to serve God's will. Basically in Islam, alcohol is forbidden, but teenagers tend to want to drink alcohol. So fighting that desire, is called jihad. because its an inner struggle to stay on the 'right' path.  

Either way, political leaders in all countries, are corrupt. Islamic or not. The guy is just crazy and is ruining the view of the religion in everyones eyes. 

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#85  Edited By TheHT
@Azrail said:
" people who ignore Gaddfis crazy and try to say the swiss law is dumb are missing the point... "
the point is gaddafi is crazy and the ban is dumb.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By RetroIce4

Banning of these... Why? At least now

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87  Edited By Linkyshinks
@The_Ish said:

" @Aeterna said:

" @Phished0ne said:

" @Aeterna said:

" @Al3xand3r said:

" Jihad doesn't necessarily mean war/suicide bombers/whatever other violence, you ( now) know. So, unless it's specified what kind of jihad is urged, and it is indeed Jihad of the Sword, it's a little hasty to claim they're doing something wrong by declaring such when their religious or other freedoms are affected. "
The thing is, a minaret has no religious value, it's just architecture. They're fooling themselves into thinking they've been affected. "
OH C'mon!  how much do you know about Islam?  how do you know a minaret has no religious value to them?  So i assume you think the crosses on spires of churches have no religious value, after all, its just architecture..what about stained glass?  also "just architecture". "
 I, myself don't know the details about it as I'm an atheist. But I have several colleagues who's entire families are muslims. We discussed about the subject for probably 2 to 3 hours when the topic was in the media over here right after the ban. None of them could find any reason at all as to how a minaret'd be a religious building. None of them could care for it at all, besides from finding it rather strange.  So... what was your point? "

They are either ignorant on the matter, or they're lying, or they are being very roundabout about it A minaret is a distinctively Islamic architectural feature of a mosque. "

True. These may be modern times but neither Muslims or Christians use the internet to call followers to prayer. They are of equal importance to church bells in found in spires. 

The sound of church bells in spires, and the call to prayer from minarets, bring some degree of comfort to followers of the two religions, it sanctifies the place where people live in the eyes of followers. 
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jeffsekai

Both sides come off as retarded.

Avatar image for eternalinfinity0
EternalInfinity0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#89  Edited By EternalInfinity0
@raiz265: And no rights to go with it, apparently...