Life in a Day - What was your opinion on it?

Stupot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Stupot

Recently on Youtube they started promoting a documentary which would be released solely on Youtube and i think also premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. The premise of the documentary was that it was entierly made up of  footage from people around the world who recorded their day on the 24th of July 2010. The clips were then edited down into an 1 hour and 35 minute film (roughly). The whole thing was on youtube but was only broadcast twice, so i'm not sure when it will be broadcast again, if ever.   

To get some of the footage from the more poorer areas of the world, the film directors sent out 400 plus cameras to these areas ,such as rural India and Afghanistan, and gave them to the locals to record their days.

Heres the youtube link -  http://www.youtube.com/user/lifeinaday 

There are some clips from the film on that page.

I really enjoyed it,  it was a really fresh and intresting idea for a documentary. Some of the clips were fairly emotional and touching, the one clip that really got to me was of an Australlian man in a hospital bed recovering after heart surgery. Although he said very little, his message of gratitude was very strong. 

So was just wondering who else watched it and what your opinion on it was?